Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

You can be sexy and attractive in different ways.
Some project an image of class, some, not so much.....

or
View attachment 48967

Nope, the one on top is exposing her cleavage and wearing a short dress. You yourself said women should not dress this way. I think this is what you would like to see . . . And even THOSE women get raped.

41wsKv6EXXL._UL1500_.jpg

you need to separate what advice we may give to our daughters, from what is just plain wrong no matter what...

Taking basic precautions and applying common sense to a situation isn't 'wrong no matter what'. But reasonable, rational, and useful.

taking basic precautions and applying common sense is advice we give to our loved ones which does not preclude that rape is still wrong and inexcusable no matter what.

geesh talk about a lapse in logic... :uhoh3:

I can only speak for myself....

You have to know where to "draw the line" - depending on the type of guy you run across, a normal/rational guy will back off - someone that just wants power/control won't.....

Dealing with a "random rape" - there is no telling....

In a situation where you are leading someone on, if you lead the wrong kind of guy or person on, or give cues that you are receptive to their attentions, you need to be prepared for a variety of responses.

There are some that won't handle rejection well, especially if they feel you were giving them a message to the contrary.....

And that has absolutely nothing to do with how you are dressed.

I know how I dress will effect how people think about me (right or wrong)
Whether I CARE or not is another story......

I don't think that way, some girls just want to dress up and some girls just dress up for each other
:laugh:

Yep, my daughters admit that, I tease them about that all the time.

Their girlfriends care a LOT more about what they're wearing than the boys do.

Cracks me up.

some of that is competition.
I know when I was a teenager, when I was getting ready for school, my focus was on trying to look better than certain other girls, not getting any particular boy :)
Yeah, that's probably it. It's been a hoot seeing girls from the perspective of a dad: "Oh, that's why you girls do that."

or
View attachment 48967

Nope, the one on top is exposing her cleavage and wearing a short dress. You yourself said women should not dress this way. I think this is what you would like to see . . . And even THOSE women get raped.

41wsKv6EXXL._UL1500_.jpg

I think both ways of dress are sexy and revealing.
One projects an image of "easiness".... (moreso)

You have to know where to "draw the line" - depending on the type of guy you run across, a normal/rational guy will back off - someone that just wants power/control won't.....

In a situation where you are leading someone on, if you lead the wrong kind of guy or person on, or give cues that you are receptive to their attentions, you need to be prepared for a variety of responses.

There are some that won't handle rejection well, especially if they feel you were giving them a message to the contrary.....

Does not matter, and you are getting off topic a bit. Do you think that the woman holds some responsibility for her own rape because she is dressed provocatively? Perhaps like the first woman in your picture. I mean, people here are saying my avatar is "provocative" yet the woman in your picture is probably showing MORE skin than I am in my avatar. So . . . is she inviting rape?

or
View attachment 48967

41wsKv6EXXL._UL1500_.jpg

What if you went to a bar and flirted with some man and he later raped you. Do you feel that you are partially responsible because you flirted with a man?

Myths & Truths about Rape | Rape Crisis

MYTH: Women who wear revealing clothing invite men to rape them.

Appearance and clothing have nothing to do with who gets raped. Women are raped no matter what they wear: babies in nappies, old women in tracksuits and nuns in habits also get raped.

TRUTH: Clothing does not determine who gets raped.
No one here is saying that "women who wear revealing clothing invite men to rape them".

It's too bad we can't have an honest conversation about this.

Does not matter, and you are getting off topic a bit. Do you think that the woman holds some responsibility for her own rape because she is dressed provocatively? Perhaps like the first woman in your picture. I mean, people here are saying my avatar is "provocative" yet the woman in your picture is probably showing MORE skin than I am in my avatar. So . . . is she inviting rape?

There is NEVER an excuse for rape.
There are things women can to do not give men the wrong idea......
There are too many kinds of rape, so, let's just use "date rape" as an example.

Say, a girl is drinking, dressed sexy, flirting heavily etc. and the guy gets worked up and takes advantage of the situation....

He's wrong, no doubt, if the sex was not wanted, but, the woman could have also not put herself in a situation like that - lessen the odds of anything happening.

It's like walking in a bad neighborhood you know is bad.... if a criminal robs, rapes or kills you, they are still wrong but it's not wise to put yourself in that situation.....

Appearance and clothing have nothing to do with who gets raped. Women are raped no matter what they wear: babies in nappies, old women in tracksuits and nuns in habits also get raped.

No one here is saying that "women who wear revealing clothing invite men to rape them".

Ok then let's have an honest conversation...

Even prostitutes don't want to get raped with the reveling clothes they wear.

I think there is.. just I think a little bit of fail

or
View attachment 48967

41wsKv6EXXL._UL1500_.jpg

What if you went to a bar and flirted with some man and he later raped you. Do you feel that you are partially responsible because you flirted with a man?

there are wackos and predators out there, like it or not, and I should probably be more careful about what I do and say.... because I can't control other people. Doesn't make his actions right, however.

Should woman not flirt anymore? That could entice a rapist. Perhaps I should not wear open-toed shoes anymore. That COULD attract a rapist who likes feet. :rolleyes-41:

Ok then let's have an honest conversation...

Even prostitutes don't want to get raped with the reveling clothes they wear.
Agreed.

That is exactly what you are saying in a round about way.

No it isn't. You just won't be honest.

I guess we should just STOP all social interaction with men. Then we would be safe, right?

No it isn't. You just won't be honest.

Yes . . . it is. And if not, then what is your point?

I guess we should just STOP all social interaction with men. Then we would be safe, right?

Nope, just be careful about where you are, what you say, and how you come across.
I think you just need to be SMART about your actions - like I said about walking around in a bad neighborhood.
You don't HAVE to.
You have a right to be, dress etc. whatever you want, but there may be consequences.

Nope, just be careful about where you are, what you say, and how you come across.
I think you just need to be SMART about your actions - like I said about walking around in a bad neighborhood.
You don't HAVE to.
You have a right to be, dress etc. whatever you want, but there may be consequences.

No, the "consequences" you refer to are strictly because you are a FEMALE. It doesn't matter how you dress. There are no statistics and there is no agreement among the experts that the type of clothing you wear makes you more likely to be a victim. You know why that is? Because the two things are not related. Men who want to rape are looking for a victim, and depending on what HE likes, it could be anyone.

Forum List

Back