Woodward: I would not dismiss Benghazi

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Damn, another right wing conspiracy nut that thinks that Obama lied from the beginning.

And I have to go back 40 years to Watergate when Nixon put out his edited transcripts to the conversations, and he personally went through them and said, ‘Oh, let’s not tell this, let’s not show this.’ I would not dismiss Benghazi. It’s a very serious issue. As people keep saying, four people were killed. You look at the hydraulic pressure that was in the system to not tell the truth, and, you know, we use this term and the government uses this term, talking points. Talking points, as we know, are like legal briefs. They’re an argument on one side. What we need to get rid of talking point and they need to put out statements or papers that are truth documents. Okay, this is all we know.”

Last edited by a moderator:
It comes down to whether those entrusted with the people's money, liberty, opportunity, and options are open to questioning, scrutiny, and, if necesssary, embarrassment, exposure, and/or indictment . . . .or . . . .

The people will be kept ignorant so that they will worship at the feet of those they have exalted and defend them against any who would question or accuse them .

Last edited:
What do they have to do, drag this a-hole out every 40 years to promote a book? Yeah we know how serious the Obama scandals are? What are you going to do about it?

Woodward has been turning against Obama over the past few years. He's been an interesting read for true the last while.

Bernstein blowing a freaking gasket over the AP bullshit is awesome. Nice to see true liberals come out against this regime.

Woodward has been turning against Obama over the past few years. He's been an interesting read for true the last while.

Bernstein blowing a freaking gasket over the AP bullshit is awesome. Nice to see true liberals come out against this regime.

He got trashed by Obama the last couple of years because he wasn't willing to kowtow to him, he knows what Obama is about.

Woodward doesn't have his heart in it. He is out to make a buck with bland comments. Whatever happened to the other member of the team. Did Karl Marx Bernstein finally defect to Cuba?

Woodward and Bernstein worked together on the Watergate expose' and, to the best of my knowledge, were not a 'team' then and haven't been since, But they did some damn fine journalism back then, and it is encouraging to see a journalist of such stature refusing to play the partisan games and encouraging real investigative journalism to be done now. Most of our media doesn't have a clue what that even is these days.

Woodward and Bernstein worked together on the Watergate expose' and, to the best of my knowledge, were not a 'team' then and haven't been since, But they did some damn fine journalism back then, and it is encouraging to see a journalist of such stature refusing to play the partisan games and encouraging real investigative journalism to be done now. Most of our media doesn't have a clue what that even is these days.

But that's what we're reduced to ? Being encouraged that someome is encouraging something ? That's worse than sad.

Since when would Americans tolerate "damn find journalism" like unverified stories from a confidential informant who's identity wasn't disclosed until he died from natural causes thirty years later and couldn't answer questions? What administration would ignore the fact that the reporter was the son of card carrying communists who had a vendetta against the president who had been a HUAC federal lawyer? Who would keep that kind of stuff secret these days?

He got trashed by Obama the last couple of years because he wasn't willing to kowtow to him, he knows what Obama is about.

Truth.

We haven't even been dealing with AP on the board. This one will send the left wing aka progressives into a tail spin like we've not seen before.

And I love it.

:eusa_angel:

But that's what we're reduced to ? Being encouraged that someome is encouraging something ? That's worse than sad.

That it is.

BUT these boys did their jobs and broke Washington wide open at that time. If there was ever a couple of journalists who ever nailed the inside the Beltway elites it was these two.

So to see in my lifetime two of the most rock on journalists at the time come out and say "obama sucks and there are issues"

Frankly thrills me after all the bullshit dime store teleprompter readers newsmen/women who are a dime a dozen these days cheering Obama on.

That it is.

BUT these boys did their jobs and broke Washington wide open at that time. If there was ever a couple of journalists who ever nailed the inside the Beltway elites it was these two.

So to see in my lifetime two of the most rock on journalists at the time come out and say "obama sucks and there are issues"

Frankly thrills me after all the bullshit dime store teleprompter readers newsmen/women who are a dime a dozen these days cheering Obama on.

One can hope-----

everyone should be blowing a gasket over the attack on the First Amendment

That it is.

One can hope-----

I think we are turning a corner. Finally the bounds were overstepped. Valerie power tripping went too far.

Jarrett and crew bit the hands that feeds them. AP is the largest news organization on the planet and their reporters are pissed off beyond.

:eusa_angel:

Life is good.

Oh baby this one hasn't even geared up yet.

Jarrett going after the AP with Holder will finally be their undoing. Those journalists specifically targeted are so seriously pissed off.

YAY!

Sad perhaps but preferable to just shrugging and accepting the new status quo as inevitable. Or worse accepting the new status quo as the way things should be.

Woodward has lost all credibility with me. He wants to be back in the limelight and will say anything to anyone who will listen to get there. Hubris has brought him down, and it is embarrassing to watch.

Oh baby this one hasn't even geared up yet.

Jarrett going after the AP with Holder will finally be their undoing. Those journalists specifically targeted are so seriously pissed off.

YAY!

Let's just hope they are pissed off enough to stay pissed off. The media has tilted left for a long time now and most of those in the mainstream media love Obama, or at least they love the Obama that they want him to be, and they very much want him to succeed. They have done their damndest to help him look good and to downplay or even ignore any negatives re him and/or those in his administration. So at the end of the day, will they finally have their eyes opened and be willing to do their jobs and report ALL the news? Or will they 'calm down' and revert to their previous partisan leanings?

Time will tell, but I am encouraged.

Forum List

Back