Woody Allen Child Molester?

She wasn't his daughter.

Or his Stepdaughter.

If she was his wife's daughter, he was a father figure and as such, a stepfather. To put a wedge between a mother and daughter using sex is lower than snake snot.

Except she was never "his wife".

She was his girlfriend.

Now, yeah, is it creepy. Um, yeah, kind of.

But how about this. Mia Farrow had already kind of set an example that the way a woman gets ahead in life is by seducing older famous men.

She was 21 when she married a 50 year old Frank Sinatra.

She was 25 when she got involved with 41 year old Andre Previn (Soon-Yi's adopotive father), who himself was married to Dory Langan.

In short, "Get married to an older man, even he's involved with someone else, that's the way to get ahead".

It;s not about the age difference between Woody and Soon Yi, it is about the damage the relationship caused in the family unit and why his other kids are so upset.

He was with Mia for 12 yrs, Soon Yi was 10 when he came into the family. Ronan (woody's son) see's Soon as his sister and it was upsetting to him to see his dad leave his mother for his sister.

Additionally Mia & Woody did adopt Dylan together so they were committed parents together.

Woody entered the relationship with Mia's daughter while still fronting as Mia's boyfriend and while the other children were still seeing Soon Yi as their sister.

When Mia discovered the naked photos Woody took of Soon Yi that is when the relationship ended.

If Woody had just met some young gal somewhere else and left the family it would have been less damaging then forming a romantic/sexual relation ship with the daughter of your girlfriend whom you have helped raise since she was 10.

She wasn't his daughter.

Or his Stepdaughter.

If she was his wife's daughter, he was a father figure and as such, a stepfather. To put a wedge between a mother and daughter using sex is lower than snake snot.

She was his girlfriend.

But how about this. Mia Farrow had already kind of set an example that the way a woman gets ahead in life is by seducing older famous men.

She was 25 when she got involved with 41 year old Andre Previn (Soon-Yi's adopotive father), who himself was married to Dory Langan.

In short, "Get married to an older man, even he's involved with someone else, that's the way to get ahead".

She was a girlfriend for about 12 years, so he was in those children's lives, including Soon Yi, for many years and went on family vacations with them, even if he didn't live in the same apartment in NY.

If Mia got involved with Sinatra at 21, she was an adult, a successful actress at that time. As far as Preven, the difference between 25 and 18 is huge. Also, Mia did not get involved with an older man who was her mother's boyfriend and who was the father of her siblings. Huge difference.

Soon Yi was an 18 year old college student. And Allen's own children's sister by adoption, a child who had grown up with his own children in the same home and as their sister. Creepy, incest, inappropriate, taboo....all come to mind. And a very, very difficult thing for the kids to deal with.

In any case, I don't blame Soon Yi, and I don't think her mother set any kind of "example" that allows or supports Allen getting involved in a sexual relationship with a young woman who is his girlfriend's daughter and his children's sibling. Also, you suggest the young Mia "seduced" the older men. Seriously? She seduced them? Not the other way around? Both of those men were very rich, famous, mature and sophisticated and probably were used to lots of women who are 'willing' if not pursuing them. They can be seduced by a young, probably somewhat inexperienced woman? Give me a break. You also seem to suggest it was Soon Yi who seduced Allen, something I find highly ludicrous.

Mia may not have been Allen's wife, but they were involved for at least 10 years, adopted children together, and went on family vacations together. Far, far more than just a 'girlfriend.'

I do wonder why people make excuses for and defend Allen. I like his films. I didn't stop watching them 21 years ago when all this occurred. I didn't pay much attention to all of it, but I didn't disbelieve or believe entirely in any side as far as the molestation, and I definitely didn't approve, from my own moral perspective, his relationship with Soon Yi. However, I separate the art from the artist. If we didn't do that, we would have to set aside at least 50% of the art currently in our museums and libraries. Michelangelo had corpses stolen from the morgue and dissected him, yet he is deeply admired around the world for his artwork. Just one example. However, I would draw the line at some point, probably murder, in separating the art from the artist.

I think people on here would not defend such a man if he were in your personal world. For example, say your sister was involved in a long term relationship with a man who didn't want to get married, who didn't want to live together and didn't want to have anything to do with her children? Would you think he was a great guy? And later on, during a relationship that lasts 12 years, he agrees to adopt 2 children with her and have another one biologically, but still doesn't live with or be a full time father for them. Great guy, huh? And then, after 12 years together, he begins an affair with one of her children, a young woman who is only 18 and still in college, probably her first sexual experience, and he is 35 or more years older than her, a child who has grown up with this man as her mother's boyfriend and her sibling’s father? You'd think this was all hunky dory? I doubt it.

It is because of this kind of behavior in him that allegations of some kind of inappropriate sexual contact with one of the children cannot be ignored. He has no moral compass. He likes young woman. He does what pleases himself without concern for how it affects the children. An amoral man who suits himself without respect for how his actions will damage others, especially young children or a young woman like Soon Yi. Someone mentioned she is looking rather haggard now. I agree. She is not that old but is looking it. I imagine he doesn't treat her very well.

Last edited:
[

It;s not about the age difference between Woody and Soon Yi, it is about the damage the relationship caused in the family unit and why his other kids are so upset.

He was with Mia for 12 yrs, Soon Yi was 10 when he came into the family. Ronan (woody's son) see's Soon as his sister and it was upsetting to him to see his dad leave his mother for his sister.

Additionally Mia & Woody did adopt Dylan together so they were committed parents together.

Woody entered the relationship with Mia's daughter while still fronting as Mia's boyfriend and while the other children were still seeing Soon Yi as their sister.

When Mia discovered the naked photos Woody took of Soon Yi that is when the relationship ended.

If Woody had just met some young gal somewhere else and left the family it would have been less damaging then forming a romantic/sexual relation ship with the daughter of your girlfriend whom you have helped raise since she was 10.

Except that Soon-Yi's father was a guy named Andre Previn, who says of his daughter today, "That person does not exist".

Swell guy.

This would be the same Andre Previn who dumped his wife to run off with Mia Farrow.

Before she dumped him to go off with Woody Allen and he went off with a fourth wife.

[

Except that Soon-Yi's father was a guy named Andre Previn, who says of his daughter today, "That person does not exist".

Swell guy.

This would be the same Andre Previn who dumped his wife to run off with Mia Farrow.

Before she dumped him to go off with Woody Allen and he went off with a fourth wife.

That only means male father figures have failed her in society. It does not exonerate Woody from his choices and behavior.

Off topic for a sec....

I'd like to bitch slap Mia just for running off with such a nerdy fugly dude as ....puke...Woody Allen. Just....ewwwwwwww. What WAS she thinking? Sheesh.

[

She was a girlfriend of for about 10 or 15 years, so he was in those children's lives, including Soon Yi, for many years and went on family vacations with them, even if he didn't live in the same apartment in NY.

If Mia got involved with Sinatra at 21, she was an adult, a successful actress at that time. As far as her and Preven, the difference between 25 and 18 is huge. Also, Mia did not get involved with an older man who was her mother's boyfriend and who was the father of her siblings. Huge difference.

Soon Yi was an 18 year old college student. And Allen's own children's sister by adoption, a child who had grown up with his own children in the same home and as their sister. Creepy, incest, inappropriate, taboo....all come to mind. And a very, very difficult thing for the kids to deal with.

In any case, I don't blame Soon Yi, and I don't think her mother set any kind of "example" that allows or supports Allen getting involved in a sexual relationship with a young woman who is his girlfriend's daughter and his children's sibbling. Also, you suggest the young Mia "seduced" the older men. Seriously? She seduced them? Not the other way around? Both of those men were very rich, famous, mature and sophisticated and probably had had hundreds of women after them. They can be seduced by a young, inexperienced woman? Give me a break.

Mia may not have been Allen's wife, but they were involved for at least 10 years, adopted children together, and went on family vacations together. Far, far more than just a 'girlfriend.'

Soon-Yi may have been as old as 21 when Allen started diddling with her. We really don't know because the "Kid-Mart" in Korea Farrow and Previn got her from didn't keep very good records.

And, sorry, I don't think being involved with a woman makes you responsible for someone else's kids.

But let's get back on point here. This isn't about his relationship with Soon-Yi. If you want me to say, "Yeah, that's a little creepy", I'd probably agree. It is. but everyone involved was a grownup.

The question is whether Dylan was molested or not. Or if she was merely brainwashed (a term that Allen and Farrow's son Moses uses to describe the atmosphere in that house) to repeat a story so often she thinks it's true.

So it's okay to have sex with your WIFE'S adopted children....

Got it.

If she is a consenting adult? Absolutely. Does it sound and look creepy? Yes.

Let me ask you this. Let's fast forward a few years. Let's say for shits and giggles two people get together. He is 35 she is 35, The wife has a 15 year old daughter. Five years later they split up. 20 years later the husband runs into the daughter again. She is now 40 and he 60. They hook up. Is that an issue?

Dr. Grump, I think you're really trying to understand Americans, I really do, but incest is what it is.

Depending on the state. Sex with your first cousin is not incest in California, but it is incest in Kentucky.

[

She was a girlfriend of for about 10 or 15 years, so he was in those children's lives, including Soon Yi, for many years and went on family vacations with them, even if he didn't live in the same apartment in NY.

If Mia got involved with Sinatra at 21, she was an adult, a successful actress at that time. As far as her and Preven, the difference between 25 and 18 is huge. Also, Mia did not get involved with an older man who was her mother's boyfriend and who was the father of her siblings. Huge difference.

In any case, I don't blame Soon Yi, and I don't think her mother set any kind of "example" that allows or supports Allen getting involved in a sexual relationship with a young woman who is his girlfriend's daughter and his children's sibbling. Also, you suggest the young Mia "seduced" the older men. Seriously? She seduced them? Not the other way around? Both of those men were very rich, famous, mature and sophisticated and probably had had hundreds of women after them. They can be seduced by a young, inexperienced woman? Give me a break.

Soon-Yi may have been as old as 21 when Allen started diddling with her. We really don't know because the "Kid-Mart" in Korea Farrow and Previn got her from didn't keep very good records.

And, sorry, I don't think being involved with a woman makes you responsible for someone else's kids.

But let's get back on point here. This isn't about his relationship with Soon-Yi. If you want me to say, "Yeah, that's a little creepy", I'd probably agree. It is. but everyone involved was a grownup.

The question is whether Dylan was molested or not. Or if she was merely brainwashed (a term that Allen and Farrow's son Moses uses to describe the atmosphere in that house) to repeat a story so often she thinks it's true.

He fathered one of those kids with Mia (ronan) and he adopted Dylan with Mia.

Yes that makes him responsible as a father figure.

Well the question was already answered : Nobody knows if she was molested or not.

If she wasn't then we can assume she is still confused and angry about what happened when Woody left the family with her adopted sister.

If she was then nobody will ever know except her and Woody and it is certainly an injustice for her.

Short of that, people can only speculate.

Which leads us to what kind of character does Woody have?

I'd say, shady and shitty.

His kids are his wife's siblings.

Ew.

Yup, I'd say marrying your kids' sister that you've known since she was 10 would put you in the running for the presigious "Probably Raped Own Daughter" award.

The courts believed there was enough evidence there to pursue it.

She wasn't his daughter.

Or his Stepdaughter.

She was his girlfriend.

Oh bite me. You just displayed "extreme ignorance". Mia Farrow never had to marry a soul to get ahead.

She could have Hollywood on a silver platter if she had wanted to. You obviously don't know who her parents were.

Mia starred in probably the hottest ground breaking show at the time Peyton Place. And went on to star in movies. Her humanitarian efforts consume her now.

She's no flake.

Farrow has appeared in more than 50 films and won numerous awards, including a Golden Globe award, received seven additional Golden Globe nominations, three BAFTA nominations and a best actress award at the San Sebastian International Film Festival.

Farrow is also known for her extensive humanitarian work as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador. She is involved in humanitarian activities in Darfur, Chad, and the Central African Republic. In 2008,

Time magazine named her one of the most influential people in the world.

Mia Farrow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[

The court that awarded Farrow custody in Allen vs Farrow basically called Allen a scumbucket and a freaking creepy dad to be diddling Soon Yi.

I put up the link and the Court's commentary on Allen earlier in the thread. It's not flattering.

And the court did not agree that it was impossible that Dylan had been molested. And they stated that.

[

The court that awarded Farrow custody in Allen vs Farrow basically called Allen a scumbucket and a freaking creepy dad to be diddling Soon Yi.

I put up the link and the Court's commentary on Allen earlier in the thread. It's not flattering.

And the court did not agree that it was impossible that Dylan had been molested. And they stated that.

That was a lot of research work, thanks for posting it.

Ew.

Yup, I'd say marrying your kids' sister that you've known since she was 10 would put you in the running for the presigious "Probably Raped Own Daughter" award.

Exactly. :clap2:

the court didn't like allen.

that isn't child molestation.

so what research?

THIS is the appellate decision:

http://www.leagle.com/decision/1995352215AD2d137_1310

and this was the basis for the decision not to foster therapeutic visitation between allen and dylan

both Dr. Bird and Dr. Moreau concur that Dylan remains deeply resistant to visitation with petitioner and that it would not be in the child's best interest to force her to see him. Dr. Moreau, whose selection by the court was unopposed by Allen, clearly had no connection to either party or, indeed, any preconceived views. She undertook an exhaustive investigation into the matter, interviewing everyone who had any relevant information to impart and examining all of the pertinent reports and trial transcripts. The fact that, at the conclusion of Dr. Moreau's evaluation, her opinion did not support the implementation of a program of therapeutic visitation until, at a minimum, Allen had terminated his relationship with Soon-Yi does not render her lacking in impartiality. Rather, she simply did not agree with petitioner's position.

NOTHING ABOUT SEXUAL MISCONDUCT.

Last edited:

the court didn't like allen.

that isn't child molestation.

so what research?

THIS is the appellate decision:

ALLEN v. FARROW | Leagle.com

and this was the basis for the decision not to foster therapeutic visitation between allen and dylan

both Dr. Bird and Dr. Moreau concur that Dylan remains deeply resistant to visitation with petitioner and that it would not be in the child's best interest to force her to see him. Dr. Moreau, whose selection by the court was unopposed by Allen, clearly had no connection to either party or, indeed, any preconceived views. She undertook an exhaustive investigation into the matter, interviewing everyone who had any relevant information to impart and examining all of the pertinent reports and trial transcripts. The fact that, at the conclusion of Dr. Moreau's evaluation, her opinion did not support the implementation of a program of therapeutic visitation until, at a minimum, Allen had terminated his relationship with Soon-Yi does not render her lacking in impartiality. Rather, she simply did not agree with petitioner's position.

NOTHING ABOUT SEXUAL MISCONDUCT.

The links Tinydancer posted , I assumed she had to research to find those court documents.

The psychological damage done to the family, is because of Woody's behavior and choices.

It has been said several times nobody knows if he molested dylan or not.

So we moved onto a discussion about the damage that was done to the family based on choices woody made.

You can join or not.

There's not really much anyone can say about the molestation except opinions and speculation.

Yes the court frowned on Woody's behavior and so did the children who received mixed messages from their dad's choice to marry their adopted sister.

In 1990 at about the same time that the parties were growing distant from each other and expressing their concerns about the other's relationship with their youngest children, Mr. Allen began acknowledging Farrow's daughter Soon-Yi Previn. Previously he treated Ms. Previn in the same way he treated Ms. Farrow's other children from her prior marriage, rarely even speaking to them. In September of 1991 Ms. Previn began to attend Drew College in New Jersey. In December 1991 two events coincided. Mr. Allen's adoptions of Dylan and Moses were finalized and Mr. Allen began his sexual relationship with their sister Soon-Yi Previn.

In January of 1992, Mr. Allen took the photographs of Ms. Previn, which were discovered on the mantelpiece in his apartment by Ms. Farrow and were introduced into evidence at the IAS proceeding. Mr. Allen in his trial testimony stated that he took the photos at Ms. Previn's suggestion and that he considered them erotic and not pornographic.

We have viewed the photographs and do not share Mr. Allen's characterization of them. We find the fact that Mr. Allen took them at a time when he was formally assuming a legal responsibility for two of Ms. Previn's siblings to be totally unacceptable.

The distinction Mr. Allen makes between Ms. Farrow's other children and Dylan, Satchel and Moses is lost on this Court. The children themselves do not draw the same distinction that Mr. Allen does.

This is sadly demonstrated by the profound effect his relationship with Ms. Previn has had on the entire family.

Allen's testimony that the photographs of Ms. Previn "were taken, as I said before, between two consenting adults wanting to do this" demonstrates a chosen ignorance of his and Ms. Previn's relationships to Ms. Farrow, his three children and Ms. Previn's other siblings.

His continuation of the relationship, viewed in the best possible light, shows a distinct absence of judgment. It demonstrates to this Court Mr. Allen's tendency to place inappropriate emphasis on his own wants and needs and to minimize and even ignore those of his children. At the very minimum, it demonstrates an absence of any parenting skills.

ALLEN v. FARROW | Leagle.com

Ew.

Family doesn't just consist of blood relatives. There is a family unit that is more inclusive and he was definately over the line.

Then the next point is if he could have sex with the sister of his adopted kids, it isn't a stretch that he might have molested his 7 year old.

Who is the little Asian girl on his lap, btw?

Forum List

Back