workers see highest pay raise in nearly a decade

I want my nation to succeed, not this president. He’s an embarrassment. He’s a pathological liar. He uses dangerous rhetoric against our law enforcement and intelligence agencies which puts them at risk at home and abroad.

Any president who sides with a hostile foreign nation over his own intelligence and law enforcement agencies, is a traitorous piece of shit who needs to be removed from office one way or another.

The day that happens, I will cheer.

Fuck Donald Trump and his supporters.
and many said that about obama. but no one listened and you were given a healthy dose of obama for your own good.

as for your points -

iran - thank obama. pre-obama i'm pretty sure they were considered hostile.
as for FBI - well we're still seeing coverups and collusion there from obama's fime. FISA reports say as much but the left refuses to believe it because it would unravel a lot of what they believe in. yet i'm pretty sure if trump did that you and the left would cry foul for years on end. we need to get past this "ok for my side, not ok for your side" mentality or these days we're in today are going to look like the times when we as a country DID get along.

so your points are valid, sure. but they can just as easily be applied to obama and if you're "neutral" you see this. if you let your emotions take over, you will of course, refuse.

fuck people who won't have it any way but of their own choosing. that sure isn't what got this country this far, now is it?

GDP highest ever, they hate that too.

The nominal GDP is always "highest ever" nearing the peak of the expansion stage of the business cycle. Guess what? it'll stay "highest ever" until it peaks and rolls into the contraction stage.

The only relevant measure is how long can the expansion stage can be prolonged.
An even better question is how much longer can America haters remain in denial until even they realize how stupid they are?

Bragging about a 2.8% increase in salaries

Unemployment is at 3.8 percent, employers just got close to a 50 percent cut in their taxes. All that can trickle down to workers is 2.8 percent.
After sitting on stagnant wages for a decade employees are supposed to celebrate 2.8 percent?
it's a positive direction. why does this upset you so much? if this was happening under obama, good.

good things don't become bad simply because you don't like someone. lord when will people grow the fuck up and see this? far too many people are lost inside their own ID.

Unemployment is at 3.8 percent, employers just got close to a 50 percent cut in their taxes. All that can trickle down to workers is 2.8 percent.
After sitting on stagnant wages for a decade employees are supposed to celebrate 2.8 percent?
I haven’t received a raise in two years. I bust my ass for this company; I do overtime to help meet deadlines; I’m one of the most skilled carpenters in the company with 20 years experience in the industry; and my cheap ass boss can’t unpinch even a $.50 per hour raise even after Donald and the GOP made him more wealthy off the backs of my child and grandchildren.

Well hell son. Good carpenters are in demand. Any great carpenter would be hired by a company.

Change jobs. Good carpenters usually are well paid. Sounds like your boss is an asshole.

I want my nation to succeed, not this president. He’s an embarrassment. He’s a pathological liar. He uses dangerous rhetoric against our law enforcement and intelligence agencies which puts them at risk at home and abroad.

Any president who sides with a hostile foreign nation over his own intelligence and law enforcement agencies, is a traitorous piece of shit who needs to be removed from office one way or another.

The day that happens, I will cheer.

Fuck Donald Trump and his supporters.
and many said that about obama. but no one listened and you were given a healthy dose of obama for your own good.

as for your points -

iran - thank obama. pre-obama i'm pretty sure they were considered hostile.
as for FBI - well we're still seeing coverups and collusion there from obama's fime. FISA reports say as much but the left refuses to believe it because it would unravel a lot of what they believe in. yet i'm pretty sure if trump did that you and the left would cry foul for years on end. we need to get past this "ok for my side, not ok for your side" mentality or these days we're in today are going to look like the times when we as a country DID get along.

so your points are valid, sure. but they can just as easily be applied to obama and if you're "neutral" you see this. if you let your emotions take over, you will of course, refuse.

fuck people who won't have it any way but of their own choosing. that sure isn't what got this country this far, now is it?
My points can be just as easily applied to Obama? :lol:

Question: is there footage of Obama telling the world that he takes the word of a brutal dictator over those of his own law enforcement and intelligence agencies?

I haven’t received a raise in two years. I bust my ass for this company; I do overtime to help meet deadlines; I’m one of the most skilled carpenters in the company with 20 years experience in the industry; and my cheap ass boss can’t unpinch even a $.50 per hour raise even after Donald and the GOP made him more wealthy off the backs of my child and grandchildren.

Well hell son. Good carpenters are in demand. Any great carpenter would be hired by a company.

Change jobs. Good carpenters usually are well paid. Sounds like your boss is an asshole.
i would think anyone with a good trade skill would be in demand. this is a good thing, period.

GDP highest ever, they hate that too.

The nominal GDP is always "highest ever" nearing the peak of the expansion stage of the business cycle. Guess what? it'll stay "highest ever" until it peaks and rolls into the contraction stage.

The only relevant measure is how long can the expansion stage can be prolonged.
An even better question is how much longer can America haters remain in denial until even they realize how stupid they are?

I have yet to see a leopard change its spots.

i would think anyone with a good trade skill would be in demand. this is a good thing, period.

I agree and a good carpenter is worth his weight in good pay.

JED needs to change jobs. His boss sound like an asshole.

Yeah I know these things, but I also like the company and the work we do, so I’ve been sticking it out. But I’m about ready to jump ship and hit the local union where I can make 40% more than I currently make. The reason I have hesitated in joining the union, is that I’ll be away from my family more, because I’ll have to travel some and work longer hours.

… sounds like somebody has an overinflated sense of the market value of their labor, either that or it's just an inability to negotiate.

One of the many things I love about voluntary exchange; everybody gets what they deserve.

Yeah I know these things, but I also like the company and the work we do, so I’ve been sticking it out. But I’m about ready to jump ship and hit the local union where I can make 40% more than I currently make. The reason I have hesitated in joining the union, is that I’ll be away from my family more, because I’ll have to travel some and work longer hours.
yea, that's a huge difference to anyone really. money vs family time is a balancing act to be sure. liking the company also goes a long way as many times no amount of $ can buy a better environment. good luck!

I agree. And yes, I could get a job as a carpenter or a painter almost any place, but I really do like my gig. I work 5 am to 1 pm, which means my afternoons are free. I never commute more than 45 minutes. And I work mostly in medical facilities, which means I’m always indoors, not baking in the sun on a roof, or digging holes, or freezing my ass off in the winter.

I (and not just I) just feel unappreciated; like I’m making this guy money hand over fist, but I can’t even get a measly cost of living increase over two years. To be fair, I am paid a good wage, but with my skillset, I should make more. And I’m not even expecting him to pay me union wages, but he has to put up more or he’s going to lose me and other skilled workers.

More job openings and fewer people available = HIGHER WAGES

LefTards:
“BUT, BUT, BUT.....tens of millions of wetbacks here can’t possibly suppress wages for the working folks who need an increase the most.”

yea, that's a huge difference to anyone really. money vs family time is a balancing act to be sure. liking the company also goes a long way as many times no amount of $ can buy a better environment. good luck!
And how much do trumps tariffs eat into those pay raises ?

I agree. And yes, I could get a job as a carpenter or a painter almost any place, but I really do like my gig. I work 5 am to 1 pm, which means my afternoons are free. I never commute more than 45 minutes. And I work mostly in medical facilities, which means I’m always indoors, not baking in the sun on a roof, or digging holes, or freezing my ass off in the winter.

I (and not just I) just feel unappreciated; like I’m making this guy money hand over fist, but I can’t even get a measly cost of living increase over two years. To be fair, I am paid a good wage, but with my skills to, I could make more. And I’m not even expecting him to pay me union wages, but he has to put up more or he’s going to lose me and other skilled workers.
i've got a good office job, sure. but this company really doesn't believe in raises, so far. that's a factor i have to consider as well. i'm happy with money at least for today and we have a nice building in a nice area. medical benefits are off the chain as well which is important to me as i grow older of course.

i am glad to see a better economy today if i do decide to look around than i had 6 years ago when i lost my job and it took a year and a half to climb back into things. part of that i put on me and my own mindset but it sure wasn't easy. that experience alone makes me *not* want to look around even though it's suppose to be better.

like you - i know i can do a lot more here at work and i'm not even worried about the $. i'd rather have a chance to build something meaningful for the company and our customers.

if you have to make a change, hope you land in a good spot and have solid choices in front of you.

And how much do trumps tariffs eat into those pay raises ?
wouldn't matter what i tell you, you're consumed with hate.

shitty way to go through life but your life, have at it.

you so much remind me of that guard in shawshank redemption that even when good things happened, he spent all his time focused on the bad.

do yourself a favor, allow yourself to see something new in the world around you. it's not all about trump unless you do that to yourself.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back