Worst people in restaurants?

Yeah, with kids, I think the dinner table either at home or out is something they need to work on. I'm for letting the little curtain climbers be themselves but it builds character to have rules and for them to learn common curtesy.

My daughter's first restaurant meal was on the way home from the hospital. Her fifth birthday was celebrated in a very nice, upscale restaurant in Munich. The staff there cringed (Germans don't usually take their kids out to places like that until their early twenties), and we did get a very early evening reservation. The daughter was a perfect lady, even knew the proper utensils to use for each course. Point is, children can and should be taught proper table manners and public deportment. Unfortunately, too many people seem to view their treasured sprosslings as something more akin to wild chimpanzees.

They want to learn and have boundaries. I wasn't totally strict with my daughter, she got to color outside the lines and try new things but mealtimes are a place to also destress from the day. I like the connection there.

There are times and places where "coloring outside the lines" is appropriate. Public dining establishments are places where one learns to conduct oneself as a lady, or gentleman. There's a time and a place for both concepts.

My daughter's first restaurant meal was on the way home from the hospital. Her fifth birthday was celebrated in a very nice, upscale restaurant in Munich. The staff there cringed (Germans don't usually take their kids out to places like that until their early twenties), and we did get a very early evening reservation. The daughter was a perfect lady, even knew the proper utensils to use for each course. Point is, children can and should be taught proper table manners and public deportment. Unfortunately, too many people seem to view their treasured sprosslings as something more akin to wild chimpanzees.

They want to learn and have boundaries. I wasn't totally strict with my daughter, she got to color outside the lines and try new things but mealtimes are a place to also destress from the day. I like the connection there.

There are times and places where "coloring outside the lines" is appropriate. Public dining establishments are places where one learns to conduct oneself as a lady, or gentleman. There's a time and a place for both concepts.

I don't think people really teach their kids table etiquette anymore, not from what I've seen. I've seen teenagers at a dinner table acting like barbarians.

I don't think people really teach their kids table etiquette anymore, not from what I've seen. I've seen teenagers at a dinner table acting like barbarians.

The ability to spawn 'em makes parents. The ability to raise them to be civilized, contributing members of society makes good parents.

Theres a restaurant here called Mafiosos where families bring their kids and literally just set them loose, theres little kids running around everywhere not being watched, least to say I never went back. It was like eating a meal in a daycare center, the food was good but not good enough to endure that.

That's what Chuckee Cheese is for, let 'em take the brats there.

Its wierd how this happened this restaurant was meant to be an Italian restaurant for adults and couples, they have a full bar and huge flat screen to watch sports, and a full wine selection and very good Italian dishes and Pizza, their Zitti is amazing, but in the last 3 years the restaurant has beed adopted by young families who bring their kids there and let them run wild, bumping into waiters and everything. There are no more single adults going there now just families with kids, nobody is going to take their girlfriend to eat in a place like that, that place is birth control by itself.

CEC was always designed as a place for kids. Did the rows of video games confuse you?

That's what Chuckee Cheese is for, let 'em take the brats there.

Its wierd how this happened this restaurant was meant to be an Italian restaurant for adults and couples, they have a full bar and huge flat screen to watch sports, and a full wine selection and very good Italian dishes and Pizza, their Zitti is amazing, but in the last 3 years the restaurant has beed adopted by young families who bring their kids there and let them run wild, bumping into waiters and everything. There are no more single adults going there now just families with kids, nobody is going to take their girlfriend to eat in a place like that, that place is birth control by itself.

CEC was always designed as a place for kids. Did the rows of video games confuse you?

I wasn't talking about "CEC" you clown shoe.:eusa_hand:

What I think is funny is how this article seemed to exclude the people working in the restaurant.

I wasn't talking about "CEC" you clown shoe.:eusa_hand:

Weird, your comment was in response to a comment referencing CEC. What restaurant did you mean?

Loved that movie. She was so young there.

I took my mother to Katz's deli recently. She wanted to go..I am just glad she did not scream in ecstasy...:lol:

She got the children's place mat for me and crayons so I could practice drawing a pig....:doubt:

I'll bet that happens on a semi regular basis there.

It is all fluff though, any deli that is a real deli has great stuff.

In the show position is the patron who always, always, ALWAYS has to send their dish back to the kitchen, for one silly reason or another.
As someone who frequents restaurants quite often, the only time I send something back to the kitchen is when they get my order wrong. However if I order a rare steak, and they bring it to me well done, I will not send it back. I know that I'm not at fault, however the cook would still need to prepare a new steak for me. I would not risk him doing anything to my food. I'll eat the steak and bring it to the attention of the waiter after I finish my meal.

were going about kids, but the article went on about evil adults. Guys who steal other folks food, and the most rotten : the ones who chat on the cell phones

The Crowded Restaurant Lingerers
There’s a 2.5-hour wait for a table right now. How long does it take to order an espresso?! Oh God -- they just ordered SECOND dessert...
This one for me is the most annoying. Even with reservations sometimes there is a very long wait (ie Valentine's Day). By the time we get a table, we are just too tired to eat. Either that or we're already full with ordering drinks at the bar while waiting for the restaurant pager to go off.

Forum List

Back