🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Worst President" Bush more popular than Obama

I think that 50% is better than 47%. Which are the only relevant numbers here.

At the same time during their Presidencies, President Obama is about 10 point or more higher. Furthermore, President Bushes ratings continued to drop for the rest of his second term while President Obama's are on the rise.
Obama hs 18 months to go. Watch the stock market drop like a stone and his ratings will too.
The stock market is way overdue for an adjustment. It is widely being written about and discussed. Has nothing to do with Obama, but it may make his numbers drop. Lots of things could make his numbers drop that he has no real control over at this point in his second term.
The rise in the market had nothing to do with him either. But you leftards keep crowing that as one of his achievements.
The rise in the market had lots to do with him and his policies. The adjustments that occur reflect overconfidence. Overconfidence creates over investment in risky markets and miscalculations about growth. At some point folks will begin selling off those investments and putting their funds in more secure investments.
So rises in the market are due to Obama.
Falls in the market are just facts of nature.
Got it.

Put a fork in this thread. Unless someone thinks 22% is better than 53%.
I think that 50% is better than 47%. Which are the only relevant numbers here.
So what? You've already established a president's favorability rating goes up after they leave office.

And when comparing average job approval ratings, Bush left office at about 31% while Obama is at 44%.

At the same time during their Presidencies, President Obama is about 10 point or more higher. Furthermore, President Bushes ratings continued to drop for the rest of his second term while President Obama's are on the rise.
Obama hs 18 months to go. Watch the stock market drop like a stone and his ratings will too.
The stock market is way overdue for an adjustment. It is widely being written about and discussed. Has nothing to do with Obama, but it may make his numbers drop. Lots of things could make his numbers drop that he has no real control over at this point in his second term.
The rise in the market had nothing to do with him either. But you leftards keep crowing that as one of his achievements.
The rise in the market had lots to do with him and his policies. The adjustments that occur reflect overconfidence. Overconfidence creates over investment in risky markets and miscalculations about growth. At some point folks will begin selling off those investments and putting their funds in more secure investments.
Got it.
Not nature, rather natural fluctuations that can add to the predictability of the stock market. I explained it to you. Do you disagree or have a problem with what I explained or do you just not understand how policies can temporarily increase the value of stocks but eventually reach a point where overconfidence distorts the overall value of the market?

Truman was rated by historians in 1962 as 9th. best and the historian's ratings have never dropped lower than that. In 1982 the Chicago Tribune, a Republican paper, rated Truman 8th, best and the Wall Street Journal in 2000 and 2005 rated Truman as 7th, best president. I have never found a rating of Truman below 9th. best.

Got it.
Not nature, rather natural fluctuations that can add to the predictability of the stock market. I explained it to you. Do you disagree or have a problem with what I explained or do you just not understand how policies can temporarily increase the value of stocks but eventually reach a point where overconfidence distorts the overall value of the market?
I agree that you dont have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

Truman was rated by historians in 1962 as 9th. best and the historian's ratings have never dropped lower than that. In 1982 the Chicago Tribune, a Republican paper, rated Truman 8th, best and the Wall Street Journal in 2000 and 2005 rated Truman as 7th, best president. I have never found a rating of Truman below 9th. best.
Deflection. Truman was grossly unpopular when he left office. Largely due to the Korean War.

Shrub lied to everyone in order to be able to invade Iraq.

And anyone who believed his lies was a fucking idiot, yourself and your precious Democrats in Congress included. No excuses. The Democrats allowed themselves to be lied to, because they were too chickenshit to stand up and admit that the emperor was naked.

Shrub lied to everyone in order to be able to invade Iraq. There was no yellow cake, and that's why Colin Powell resigned after being made a fool of.

And Shrub was not confirmed the victor in 99', he was appointed by the republican packed Supreme Court. First time in history that the Supreme Court over ruled the voters.
And Dick Cheney made millions from Halliiburton because of the invasion. And Elvis is living in the White House.
No matter how many times these lies are debunked you come back and repeat them. Endlessly.
Your Elvis thing is total delusion, but are you really that ignorant of Cheney's stock holdings in Halliburton? He was the CEO in case you really are that ignorant.
But likely, your just trying to change the subject because you just got schooled.
LOL! I am mocking you, moron. Successfully I might add.
That's like, ...."Na na na na na! I like being bitch slapped." Hell of a mock.
You must love being bitch slapped because you get it every day here. Because you're stupid.
I know you are, but what am I? Na na na na na! There, now I'm down to your level. Na na na na na! You are a turdy poopy, na na na na na!

And anyone who believed his lies was a fucking idiot, yourself and your precious Democrats in Congress included. No excuses. The Democrats allowed themselves to be lied to, because they were too chickenshit to stand up and admit that the emperor was naked.
My con mother called me a terrorist because I didn't buy Shrub's lies. But I agree that the dems are spineless.

If that's all the Republicans have to bolster their morale is that Bush beats Obama in a poll by three statistical points that's pretty sad and a popularity poll at that. But Republicans should take comfort in another poll, a poll of 238 noted historians that gave Bush a ranking of America's fifth worst president.
Keep em flying boys.

Moral for the GOP should be good. Hillary flamed out amazingly fast, and I don't see a viable replacement. It is nearly certain that a Republican will be in the White House come January 20, 2017.
Well then Republican morale couldn't be better, I mean it sounds like Republicans have already captured the White House even before the election and Democrats seem to have given up. Is Bush running again?
Keep em flying.
The GOP took the Senate, added gains in the House, and swept most state offices in 2014. In 2016 they will likely face an ethically challenged, unpopular, and indictable one term senator and failed SecState for president. On their side they have former governors, senators and other accomplished people--the most diverse group
probably ever to run for president.
So yeah morale is pretty high on this side.

Conservatives are a funny lot. You guys can make a mountain out of a mole hill if and when it involves Democrats, but you minimize extremely serious ethical lapses and morally repugnant behavior in conservative Republicans even when it involves the deaths of thousands of American soldiers over what clearly appears to be a trumped up rush to war. That's bad enough in and of itself, but when the gov't ends up funneling 100s of millions of dollars in cost-plus no-bid contracts to the former company of the VP who himself pushed for the war like few others, you guys behave as if there couldn't possibly be any question of ulterior motives.

It doesn't pass the smell test.

My con mother called me a terrorist because I didn't buy Shrub's lies. But I agree that the dems are spineless.
So many good opportunities for a war and the Democrats fail to take advantage of most. And finally when they do take advantage, they want to end it as quick as possible, achieve their objectives, and have as few casualties as possible.

Yes, let's put our faith in polls of the dumbass American public:

CGsid1zUkAADhiy.jpg
Same people who elected Obama twice?
Louisiana Republicans elected Obama twice?

Another example of your sheer stupidity and lack of reading comprehension.

How were they supposed to know he would do it when Bush said war was a last resort and that his real intention was to get Saddam to comply with the requirements that the UN be allowed to verify Iraq's disarmament and the stated purpose of the vote was to put teeth into demands that he would comply.

Listen, I was telling people in late 1999 that GWB was going to be elected, and that he would take us into Iraq. As the 2000 election approached, I told people all they really needed to ask themselves in deciding who to vote for was whether or not they wanted to see us invade Iraq. When the hanging chad fiasco made it's way to the Supreme Court, I even joked that the court was going to decide whether or not we invade Iraq. When Bush was confirmed the victor, I was telling everyone once again that 12 months hence we would be probably be "making a case" and that within 18 months we would be knocking on Iraq's door. On the day of 9-11-01, as everyone was beside themselves, I was telling everyone that Iraq did not do this, but that we would invade Iraq anyway. When the Taliban made their final retreat in December of 2001 George W. Bush, President of the United States of America, declared that the United States' next target would be to overthrow Saddam Hussein's government in Iraq.

Oh shit, looks like I was right. The is the simple truth: Anybody who did not know that George W. Bush was going to invade Iraq is an absolute idiot. There was never any question. There was never any doubt. There was never a shred of convincing pandering that came out of Bush's mouth when he tried to allay the criticisms of the time that he was trying to rush into an Iraqi war. The Democrats' problem on Iraq is that they allowed themselves to be led by Bush into Iraq, like sheep to slaughter. Relatively few were those of us who had the courage to stand up from the beginning and speak the truth that was ever present and readily visible, but too taboo for the weak hearts such as yourself to find the fortitude to face. Nonetheless, those of us who did dare speak did so loudly and forcefully. We knew that we had little chance of gaining a reception with the American People of those days, so we made damn sure that nobody would be able to forget that the truth at least was spoken, even if not heeded.

So do not sit here and claim the same ignorance defense Bush has used to justify his invasion of Iraq as an excuse for why Democrats willingly gave him the leeway to do so. It does not fly. Anyone who "thought" Bush was going to hold off and use military action as a last resort and all that other nonsense is a liar. Bush was always going to invade Iraq. Bush never had any intention of not invading Iraq. And there were plenty of us, liberal and conservative alike, pointing it out to the rest of you brainless sheep. So don't tell me that you didn't know.
Shrub lied to everyone in order to be able to invade Iraq. There was no yellow cake, and that's why Colin Powell resigned after being made a fool of.

And Shrub was not confirmed the victor in 99', he was appointed by the republican packed Supreme Court. First time in history that the Supreme Court over ruled the voters.
And Dick Cheney made millions from Halliiburton because of the invasion. And Elvis is living in the White House.
No matter how many times these lies are debunked you come back and repeat them. Endlessly.
Why did Cheney, as Halliburton CEO, sign a $50 Million oil deal with Saddam in the mid-1990s?

If that's all the Republicans have to bolster their morale is that Bush beats Obama in a poll by three statistical points that's pretty sad and a popularity poll at that. But Republicans should take comfort in another poll, a poll of 238 noted historians that gave Bush a ranking of America's fifth worst president.
Keep em flying boys.

Moral for the GOP should be good. Hillary flamed out amazingly fast, and I don't see a viable replacement. It is nearly certain that a Republican will be in the White House come January 20, 2017.
Well then Republican morale couldn't be better, I mean it sounds like Republicans have already captured the White House even before the election and Democrats seem to have given up. Is Bush running again?
Keep em flying.
The GOP took the Senate, added gains in the House, and swept most state offices in 2014. In 2016 they will likely face an ethically challenged, unpopular, and indictable one term senator and failed SecState for president. On their side they have former governors, senators and other accomplished people--the most diverse group

Conservatives are a funny lot. You guys can make a mountain out of a mole hill if and when it involves Democrats, but you minimize extremely serious ethical lapses and morally repugnant behavior in conservative Republicans even when it involves the deaths of thousands of American soldiers over what clearly appears to be a trumped up rush to war. That's bad enough in and of itself, but when the gov't ends up funneling 100s of millions of dollars in cost-plus no-bid contracts to the former company of the VP who himself pushed for the war like few others, you guys behave as if there couldn't possibly be any question of ulterior motives.

Actually you dont pass the smell test. Posting ignorant crap here every day. I think you're a bot. No human being could be that stupid.

How were they supposed to know he would do it when Bush said war was a last resort and that his real intention was to get Saddam to comply with the requirements that the UN be allowed to verify Iraq's disarmament and the stated purpose of the vote was to put teeth into demands that he would comply.

Listen, I was telling people in late 1999 that GWB was going to be elected, and that he would take us into Iraq. As the 2000 election approached, I told people all they really needed to ask themselves in deciding who to vote for was whether or not they wanted to see us invade Iraq. When the hanging chad fiasco made it's way to the Supreme Court, I even joked that the court was going to decide whether or not we invade Iraq. When Bush was confirmed the victor, I was telling everyone once again that 12 months hence we would be probably be "making a case" and that within 18 months we would be knocking on Iraq's door. On the day of 9-11-01, as everyone was beside themselves, I was telling everyone that Iraq did not do this, but that we would invade Iraq anyway. When the Taliban made their final retreat in December of 2001 George W. Bush, President of the United States of America, declared that the United States' next target would be to overthrow Saddam Hussein's government in Iraq.

Oh shit, looks like I was right. The is the simple truth: Anybody who did not know that George W. Bush was going to invade Iraq is an absolute idiot. There was never any question. There was never any doubt. There was never a shred of convincing pandering that came out of Bush's mouth when he tried to allay the criticisms of the time that he was trying to rush into an Iraqi war. The Democrats' problem on Iraq is that they allowed themselves to be led by Bush into Iraq, like sheep to slaughter. Relatively few were those of us who had the courage to stand up from the beginning and speak the truth that was ever present and readily visible, but too taboo for the weak hearts such as yourself to find the fortitude to face. Nonetheless, those of us who did dare speak did so loudly and forcefully. We knew that we had little chance of gaining a reception with the American People of those days, so we made damn sure that nobody would be able to forget that the truth at least was spoken, even if not heeded.

So do not sit here and claim the same ignorance defense Bush has used to justify his invasion of Iraq as an excuse for why Democrats willingly gave him the leeway to do so. It does not fly. Anyone who "thought" Bush was going to hold off and use military action as a last resort and all that other nonsense is a liar. Bush was always going to invade Iraq. Bush never had any intention of not invading Iraq. And there were plenty of us, liberal and conservative alike, pointing it out to the rest of you brainless sheep. So don't tell me that you didn't know.

Why did Cheney, as Halliburton CEO, sign a $50 Million oil deal with Saddam in the mid-1990s?
Because that was his job? Was there something illegal in that? Was Cheney supposed to be a mindreader or something?
You sure have funny ideas about facts.

So many good opportunities for a war and the Democrats fail to take advantage of most. And finally when they do take advantage, they want to end it as quick as possible, achieve their objectives, and have as few casualties as possible.
Like the Pope said when the child ask him why we can't have peace, "The world invests in war." Guess that means, you get what you pay for.

Keep em flying boys.

Keep em flying.

Actually you dont pass the smell test. Posting ignorant crap here every day. I think you're a bot. No human being could be that stupid.
Sure you could.

Keep em flying boys.

Keep em flying.

You are proof that that statement is, unfortunately, not true.

Forum List

Back