Would the founders be proud of "todays America"?

Do I think so? ABSOLUTELY NOT
Liberalism and Unions have ruined America
We are steadily going against EVERYTHING this country was founded for
I would LOVE to grow up in my parents age or maybe even my grandparents to really get a glimpse of the great America
Luckily, I am still able to hear stories from my grandmother about the past
If you think they would be proud, PLEASE give logical reasons :)
Yahoo!

The Framers would likely be relatively satisfied with our progress so far, but would admonish us that we still have a way to go to realize their original intent, such as ensuring individual liberty for all Americans, including those gay and transgender.

Once all American can enjoy the full measure of their civil liberties the Framers would be proud.

And needless to say, the Framers would be very unhappy with conservatives and other reactionaries such as the OP, working to deny Americans their civil liberties.

Last edited:
I would LOVE to grow up in my parents age or maybe even my grandparents to really get a glimpse of the great America
Yahoo!

Fucccccccccccccccccccccccck, no.

They would be declared enemy noncombatants, their passports would be immediately cancelled and they would be seeking asylum in Iceland.

Their dreams were to have a prosperous nation that was free.
That we are not!
We are not the "mightiest nation" anymore
I said "logical reasons" yours is just BS rhetoric

We're NOT a prosperous free nation? In the last month I've traveled to my apartment in New York, my home in Vegas, and my home in San Diego, all on my private jet share. How is that not free?

Don't we have enough bombs and bullets to kill everyone in the world? We aren't the mightiest?

Liberalism denies prosperity, which seems to be what we are abundant on!
Our POTUS is trying to change that!
We are too in-debt, unemployment is ridiculous and so is the GDP. How in the hell is that prosperous?

Ridiculous. Liberalism denies prosperity? What a crock of shit.

Liberalism and Unions have ruined the United States. Really. You are to laugh.

Yahoo!

What did liberals do that was so offensive to the conservatives? Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act.What did Conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, ‘Liberal,’ as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won’t work, because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor. -Lawrence O’Donnell Jr.

Didn't a liberal filibuster the CRA?
You lost all credibility with that
You are not much with history, ey?

No, you lost credibility. I know more about history than you do.

No liberals filibustered the CRA.

Conservatives did.

That we are not!

We're NOT a prosperous free nation? In the last month I've traveled to my apartment in New York, my home in Vegas, and my home in San Diego, all on my private jet share. How is that not free?

Don't we have enough bombs and bullets to kill everyone in the world? We aren't the mightiest?

We are too in-debt, unemployment is ridiculous and so is the GDP. How in the hell is that prosperous?

Dems create jobs....

1961 to 2012

Republican president job growth - 24 million jobs in 28 years.

Democratic president job growth - 42 million jobs in 24 years.

That we are not!

Why not ask conservative policy makers who are responsible for all of this, and more.

That we are not!

Aren't you confusing conservatism with liberalism?

Liberalism is liberty and equality for all.

Conservatism is liberty and equality for the top.

Our debt, high employment, and lagging GDP is due to Bush, corporate America, and wall street.

If, by the Founding Fathers, you mean every man that signed the Declaration of Independence, or that served in the Continental Congress, or who helped frame the Articles of Confederation or the Constitution, or who served as 'the first' (Constitutional President, Congress, etc.), then...

As with any large group of people, I'm guessing that we would see a mixed-bag of approvals and disapprovals, of tears and laughter, of giddiness and great sorrow...

And that would only be possible after we held a History Class for Ghosts, to bring them up to speed on all that's happened - and why it happened - and why we made the choices we did along the way - since they last walked the earth...

Most would probably be pleased that their original ideas and mechanisms of governance are still on their feet...

But everything beginning with the expansion of the original 13 States into the West, on through land purchases and seizures and wars and expansion across the continent and working through foreign entanglements and the like - not to mention changes in technology so profound as to make us seem like demigods by comparison - all would play a part in their considered opinion on the subject...

Generally speaking, I think we'd probably get a 'thumbs up' from most of them, but not all, and, from most, we'd be sure to catch an earful about how far off the beaten path we've strayed, in a wide variety of areas of governance and shaping and sustaining of society.

Last edited:
Our founders are DEAD!

So will we all, sooner or later. Personally I'd like to leave this world better than when I came into it. At the rate this administration is going I certainly think things are going bad for the individual Americans including myself.

Yahoo!

The truth is the founding fathers would be freaked out by this radical and insane Republican Party. Putting leaders into office who ship off jobs to other countries. Who want to start wars everywhere. Who believe in "let him die" and "feed the poor and they will breed". Who have deluded themselves into believing they are patriots and the only people in America with jobs.

The Founders would realize that we had come to the day envisioned by Ben Franklin. We are utterly corrupt. The day that John Adams warned of has come. The Constitution was written for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the governing of any other.

The Founders would be proud of what we did and mourn the passing of this once great nation.

Last edited:
Do not think they would be proud. The main threat they tried to prevent - the tyranny of the government over the individual - is in full bloom...

That we are not!

Their dreams are irrelevant. What matters is what we think of the country and, as the article says, 85% are still proud to be Americans.

"For the framers of the Constitution were the most liberal thinkers of all the ages and the charter they produced out of that liberal revolution of their time has never been and is not now surpassed in liberal thought."
General Douglas MacArthur

Holy shit. These fuckers are serious downers.

Seriously. It's the 4th of July. We are still the freest nation on the planet. Enjoy the freedoms you have. Enjoy time with your friends and family today. If you want to bitch, the 5th of July is just around the corner.

fourth-of-july.gif

I would think they would be dismayed at the milItary industrial complex and standing army you neocon a holes jerk off to every night. Having said that, anyone who proposes to know what 18 th century agrarian farmers would think of todays USA is a simple minded idiot. Me included.

Forum List

Back