Would the founders be proud of "todays America"?

They would probably wonder why a slave is president of the United States as their heads explode:)

'

I think the Founding Fathers would be as proud of modern America as I am proud of the Founding Fathers.

Which means that they would loathe and despise it.

The founding fathers wrote the constitution basing it on states rights and would be astounded at how the feds now control everything and consider themselves above the states. The constitution treats the states as sovereign countries who invented the federal govt to be their agent in certain matters, never their master.

IGeorge Washington, not so much. If the General were alive today, he's have hanged Willy Jeff from a tree on the south lawn, and ordered the White House burned to rid it of the Clinton stink.

George Washington used to go out to his slave quarters at night to get laid. Get upset at this if you wish but it is commented on by historians. People then didn't get their nuts in a knot over other peoples' sex lives the way today's right wing condemned Clinton's heterosexuality while keeping their page boys. I don't think George Washington would have too much to say to Slick Willy, except maybe to notice what a good economy he turned over to George Bush.

Would they be proud?

Proud that we have helped spread freedom around the world?
Proud that we are the most powerful economic and military powerful nation on earth?
Proud that we help keep the world free?
Proud that we sent a man to walk on the moon?
Proud that we have a nation from sea to shining sea?

I think they would be proud......I am

Do I think so? ABSOLUTELY NOT
Liberalism and Unions have ruined America
We are steadily going against EVERYTHING this country was founded for
I would LOVE to grow up in my parents age or maybe even my grandparents to really get a glimpse of the great America
Luckily, I am still able to hear stories from my grandmother about the past
If you think they would be proud, PLEASE give logical reasons :)
Yahoo!

As soon as you give LOGICAL reasons why you are still here in this "ruined" country I'll entertain why the Founders would be giddy over what the nation has become.

IGeorge Washington, not so much. If the General were alive today, he's have hanged Willy Jeff from a tree on the south lawn, and ordered the White House burned to rid it of the Clinton stink.

George Washington used to go out to his slave quarters at night to get laid. Get upset at this if you wish but it is commented on by historians. People then didn't get their nuts in a knot over other peoples' sex lives the way today's right wing condemned Clinton's heterosexuality while keeping their page boys. I don't think George Washington would have too much to say to Slick Willy, except maybe to notice what a good economy he turned over to George Bush.

Jefferson's conquests on slaves were legendary....Andrew Jackson's wife was still married to a previous husband if memory serves.

Women can vote?

Blacks can vote?

No property restrictions?

No slavery?

No fault divorce?

Custody of children presumed to go to mothers?

Workers have legal rights?

Integrated society and politics and culture?

Women go to college and govern?

Blacks go to college and govern?

And who the hell are the Latinos?

The founding fathers wrote the constitution basing it on states rights and would be astounded at how the feds now control everything and consider themselves above the states. The constitution treats the states as sovereign countries who invented the federal govt to be their agent in certain matters, never their master.

The Constitution took away most of the states rights and gave them to the new central government. The federal government was not be an agent but supreme.

What did liberals do that was so offensive to the conservatives? Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act.What did Conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, ‘Liberal,’ as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won’t work, because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor. -Lawrence O’Donnell Jr.

Liberals have murdered 30,000,000 American babies.....didn't want you to miss that one. :doubt:
You think there was no abortion at the time of the founders?

What did liberals do that was so offensive to the conservatives? Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act.What did Conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, ‘Liberal,’ as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won’t work, because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor. -Lawrence O’Donnell Jr.

Liberals have murdered 30,000,000 American babies.....didn't want you to miss that one. :doubt:

They still have a fantasy that conservatives don't get abortions

Yet Red States have the highest abortion rates

I cannot imagine that they were being done to married women.

If the General were alive today, he's have hanged Willy Jeff from a tree on the south lawn, and ordered the White House burned to rid it of the Clinton stink. Hamilton would have given Greenspan and Geithner the same treatment and ordered the heads of Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley lined up and shot. :)

Your thesis would be a lot more believable, if you'd said Jeff Davis. Putting Clinton at the head of the list just underscores your hack credentials.

They still have a fantasy that conservatives don't get abortions

Yet Red States have the highest abortion rates

Lying as always?

not surprised :lol:

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0103.pdf

The HIGHEST rate of abortions are in BLUE states - DE, NY, NJ, CA, DC, MD

The lowest in RED - MS, ID, KY, SC, SD ( and others) and the lowest of the lowest - Wyoming.

rightwinger is liar, liar, pants on fire :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back