Would Trump's proposed tariffs instead of income tax ever become LAW? (Poll)

Would the House and Senate agree to replace the Income Tax with Tariffs?

• Yes, especially if the GOP wins both houses

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No, the downside risks are too big

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
I’m not dodging

You have not presented anything to comment on except hearsay
If you haven’t noticed, that’s the topic of this thread - what was said by Trump in that meeting.

Are you going to ask me once again to provide video evidence of what was said in the closed-door meeting, or have we moved past that yet?

XponentialChaos

Since I have already acknowledged the need to raise tariffs on chinese imports what else is there to say or talk about?
These tariffs aren’t exclusive to China.

Are you going to ask me once again to provide video evidence of what was said in the closed-door meeting, or have we moved past that yet?

If you haven’t noticed, that’s the topic of this thread - what was said by Trump in that meeting.

I wont ask for a video again unless you continue to quote it as fact

But how can you expect me to comment on something we dont even know was said?

These tariffs aren’t exclusive to China.

We dont know that

This why debating a rumor is do pointless

I wont ask for a video again unless you continue to quote it as fact

But how can you expect me to comment on something we dont even know was said?
With a conditional.

If what was reportedly said by Trump is true, would you admit that it’s a stupid idea by Trump or are you going to argue that he’s just joking again?

We dont know that

This why debating a rumor is do pointless
Yet here you are, in this topic. The “rumor”, reported by all the news outlets, doesn’t specifically refer to China. And it would make even less sense to expect to replace all income tax with tariffs on one country.

Yet here you are, in this topic. The “rumor”, reported by all the news outlets, doesn’t specifically refer to China. And it would make even less sense to expect to replace all income tax with tariffs on one country.
How do we know thats what trump wants to do?

I’ll keep this real simple for you. Would you support replacing income tax with increased tariffs?
No, not entirely

The income tax will always be with us even though I would make changes to it if I had the power to do so

But if we have higher tariffs on china what do you want to do with the extra money coming into the Treasury?

There have been a slew of reports of what Trump said in the closed door meeting by people who never were in the closed door meeting.
All just reprints of the original story

Lying lib journalists are too lazy to create two lie s when one is enough

Forum List

Back