Would Trump's proposed tariffs instead of income tax ever become LAW? (Poll)

Would the House and Senate agree to replace the Income Tax with Tariffs?

• Yes, especially if the GOP wins both houses

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No, the downside risks are too big

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
He was shooting the breeze and I’m ok with that

If everyone that comes out of Trump's mouth is just him shooting the breeze then he's not fit to be president because presidents need to be taken seriously, not looked upon as comedians or jokesters, or someone who doesn't mean what he says or doesn't stand by what he says.

As President, Trump could simply shut down the collection and processing of income taxes at the federal level. He would need Congress to levy tariffs. Getting an amendment would take time, but it wouldn't be necessary. The 16th authorizes taxation. It does not require it.

That's an awfully dangerous way to view things. So when the Democrats come back in power we'll be stuck with both high tariffs and an income tax. No thanks.

I think tariffs of any kind or size are dumbshit stupid. It's a form of protectionism that helps some but at the expense of others and usually doesn't balance out in a positive way. Plus there is the inevitable blowback when other countries tariff our stuff coming into their country. It ain't good, smart policy, let alone to the degree of replacing income taxes.

That's an awfully dangerous way to view things. So when the Democrats come back in power we'll be stuck with both high tariffs and an income tax. No thanks.
I'm not advocating it, simply saying it could be done within our current structure. Although Democrats might never get back in power if they campaigned and governed by reinstalling an income tax.

If everyone that comes out of Trump's mouth is just him shooting the breeze then he's not fit to be president because presidents need to be taken seriously, not looked upon as comedians or jokesters, or someone who doesn't mean what he says or doesn't stand by what he says.
He’s campaigning

but to each his own

I cant stand biden and harris either

If you can its nothing to me

He’s campaigning

but to each his own

I cant stand biden and harris either

If you can its nothing to me

He presented his tariff ideas to GOP lawmakers. This wasn't him campaigning to his flock at some rally.

Biden and Harris are the lesser of two evils, by a mile. Also if you've noticed, Harris has been kept away from too many speaking engagements lol

He presented his tariff ideas to GOP lawmakers. This wasn't him campaigning to his flock at some rally.

Biden and Harris are the lesser of two evils, by a mile. Also if you've noticed, Harris has been kept away from too many speaking engagements lol

No you dont, all you need is a president who would be willing to get rid of the three letter acronym agencies that colluded with the Marxist in enabling an insurrection against President Trump back in 2016. Most of those agencies would be found guilty and thus removed from the federal dole, that right there would save billions of dollars in bullshit PORK.
Only prerequisite would be holding big edge in both houses.

He was shooting the breeze and I’m ok with that
Agreed

You are mixing your peas and carrots

Trump is being bashed for his comments about boat batterys and shsrks

But you want to talk about something he is only rumored to have said about tariffs and the income tax

I’m not going to “what if” about a hypothetical

If you divided all the wealth equally, within 3 generations you would have the same percentage of rich and poor that we have today
Ghostocracy

The Richkid Reich preaches such propaganda as if it's already been tried and proved. Besides, the preppily correct way to say that the same people would be rich and poor. What would really happen in eliminating inheritance might have the same distribution but with entirely different people.

Logically, only 1% of the 1% should have been born in the 1%. It is actually twenty times that, which is so lopsided it proves that the Fortunate Sons must also control whoever else crawls his way into their preordained class.

Ghostocracy

The Richkid Reich preaches such propaganda as if it's already been tried and proved. Besides, the preppily correct way to say that the same people would be rich and poor. What would really happen in eliminating inheritance might have the same distribution but with entirely different people.

Logically, only 1% of the 1% should have been born in the 1%. It is actually twenty times that, which is so lopsided it proves that the Fortunate Sons must also control whoever else crawls his way into their preordained class.
I didnt say that exactly the same people would remain rich and poor

Or are you so bent on class warfare that you didnt notice?

You are mixing your peas and carrots

Trump is being bashed for his comments about boat batterys and shsrks

But you want to talk about something he is only rumored to have said about tariffs and the income tax

I’m not going to “what if” about a hypothetical

What is this thread about? Read the thread title and what everyone else is talking about and get back to me on that one. No one is talking about Trump's idiotic rambling speech on sharks and batteries.

It's not a rumor. Trump floated this idea himself as his next big plan for America lol.

What is this thread about? Read the thread title and what everyone else is talking about and get back to me on that one. No one is talking about Trump's idiotic rambling speech on sharks and batteries.

It's not a rumor. Trump floated this idea himself as his next big plan for America lol.
The boat-shark story is not fake

You have the video

But we cant verify the tariff story

And I wont take your word for it

It COULD be exactly as libs claim

But we dont know

Forum List

Back