Would you Follow Him and take his mark?

I don't call myself an evangelical, no. I'm a born-again Christian. And yes, you are a preterist.

By the way, I've known tons of Christians in the last 20 years, and I have never met one single Christian who believes what you do. Not one. And just to add, I'm not talking about nominal Christians… but devoted Christians who study the Bible and have given their lives to Jesus.

What is your goal here? Interestingly, whether it's intentional or not, you seem to have the same goal as atheists, even though you claim to not be an atheist.

The Scofield heresy has become very popular since the early 1970s.. and Hal Lindsey has made a fortune as its prophet.

What Christian denomination do you belong to?

Christians have changed Isaiah and Hosea.. Which is a real shame.. since it really does muddy the water.

The Scofield heresy has become very popular since the early 1970s.. and Hal Lindsey has made a fortune as its prophet.

What Christian denomination do you belong to?

Christians have changed Isaiah and Hosea.. Which is a real shame.. since it really does muddy the water.

I don't agree with Scofield, this is not about Scofield, you're using the same deceptive tactic you use on all these threads, but it's not gonna work on anyone except for those who are biblically ignorant.

I don't agree with the pre-tribulation rapture, which is what Scofield promoted, I have made that clear. But preterism is not biblical and it's not even remotely believable, it is the exact opposite of what we can see with our own eyes. It goes against reality.

Stop. Just stop.

Factcheck me.. It could have been 168 BC.
Daniel discusses the fall of Babylon to Cyrus the Mede...as well as other leaders of Babylon itself.

Cyrus captured Babylon in 539 BC...
It isn't exactly the most contested fact in Biblical history...kinda one of the least contested.

Just saying....

Daniel discusses the fall of Babylon to Cyrus the Mede...as well as other leaders of Babylon itself.

It isn't exactly the most contested fact in Biblical history...kinda one of the least contested.

Just saying....
To be more accurate...
It was Darius the Mede for the leader Cyrus of the Medio-Persian Empire...

Atiochus was of the Greco-Roman Empire that came along much later. Where Daniel's prophesy about Antiochus is noteworthy...he wasn't talking about contemporary events when he wrote about them.

Just saying....

LOLOL.. The story is set in ancient Babylon.. It was written in the time of Antiochus IV. Try some serious factchecking.

LOLOL.. The story is set in ancient Babylon.. It was written in the time of Antiochus IV. Try some serious factchecking.
Daniel wrote the book of Daniel...
Nobody else.
Daniel says so many times in the text.
Are you saying that Daniel is lying?

Only Christ is without sin.
I KNOW, I just gave you the related scripture. ...that is if you can read.
Furthermore, perrot that to yourself and act on it, first and formost. If you can't do that, then quit preaching to others as if you're the messiah, when what you can do at best is use the bathroom just like the rest of us.
His death paid for my Salvation.
Not it did not. You,,, will pay for it when time comes. Read your bible.

Last edited:
I KNOW, I just gave you the related scripture. ...that is if you can read.
Furthermore, perrot that to yourself and act on it, first and formost. If you can't do that, then quit preaching to others as if you're the messiah, when what you can do at best is use the bathroom just like the rest of us.

Not it did not. You,,, will pay for it when time comes. Read your bible.
Salvation is a gift. You cannot earn it, you cannot work for it. That flies in the face of God's grace and mercy.

Daniel wrote the book of Daniel...
Nobody else.
Daniel says so many times in the text.
Are you saying that Daniel is lying?

The Book of Daniel was written by a committee of Jews during the reign of Antiochus IV.. Daniel is not a prophet, but an historian.
Antiochus defiled the temple because he was trying to Hellenize the Jews. That was the first Abomination of Desolation. The temple was made desolate.. unused. He also forbade circumcision.

This provoked the Maccabean war.

So Jesus references Daniel and tells his people that when they see the Abomination of Desolation AGAIN they should flee Jerusalem for the mountains..

Scofield Christians ignore Antiochus IV and the Maccabean Revolt.

unfortunately, that's correct. This is why NOW is the time to accept Christ.
Why on earth would I accept a supreme being that was not actually supreme? Shirley the logical thing would be to follow the being that the supposed supreme one can not control or influence.

JohnDB

Antiochus IV Epiphanes A Seleucid ruler who outlawed Judaism in an attempt to Hellenize Judaea. Reigned from 175–164 bc. The Maccabean revolt arose in reaction to Antiochus’ sacrificing to Zeus in the temple—an event known as the abomination of desolation ( Dan 11:31; 12:11; 1 Macc 1:54 ).
Antiochus IV Epiphanes | Biblia
biblia.com/factbook/Antiochus-IV-Epiphanes

The Book of Daniel was written by a committee of Jews during the reign of Antiochus IV.. Daniel is not a prophet, but an historian.
Antiochus defiled the temple because he was trying to Hellenize the Jews. That was the first Abomination of Desolation. The temple was made desolate.. unused. He also forbade circumcision.

This provoked the Maccabean war.

So Jesus references Daniel and tells his people that when they see the Abomination of Desolation AGAIN they should flee Jerusalem for the mountains..

Scofield Christians ignore Antiochus IV and the Maccabean Revolt.
That would be a very unique perspective that is far outside traditional beliefs of most.
And it would not be the view most people hold. Mostly because it would make Daniel to be lying and misrepresenting the facts.
And that would exclude it from being included in with the other prophetic books. (Which is where it is located now)

Even the Jews today consider the book of Daniel to be written by Daniel himself.
So you are going to be all alone with the belief that you are holding....
Which instantly, by Paul, Peter, Bartholomew, and John say is going to be wrong....(I can't remember if James chimed in on this too...he might have but I'm drawing a blank on it at this moment)

Remember Jeroboam son of Nebat? Nice guy but his terrible mistake caused the downfall of the northern tribes of Israel.

Just saying.

Antiochus Epiphanes Profanes the Temple, 156 BC – Landmark ...
Dec 16, 2019 · Antiochus Epiphanes (c. 215 BC -164 BC), Hellenistic king of the Seleucid Empire For most of their rule, the Seleucids followed Alexander’s policy of using local satraps and princes to help rule the vastly diverse tribes of the Levant. Jews were permitted to maintain their religious ways and culture as long as they paid the required tributes.

That would be a very unique perspective that is far outside traditional beliefs of most.
And it would not be the view most people hold. Mostly because it would make Daniel to be lying and misrepresenting the facts.
And that would exclude it from being included in with the other prophetic books. (Which is where it is located now)

Even the Jews today consider the book of Daniel to be written by Daniel himself.
So you are going to be all alone with the belief that you are holding....
Which instantly, by Paul, Peter, Bartholomew, and John say is going to be wrong....(I can't remember if James chimed in on this too...he might have but I'm drawing a blank on it at this moment)

Remember Jeroboam son of Nebat? Nice guy but his terrible mistake caused the downfall of the northern tribes of Israel.

Just saying.

Mainstream Christians have always know.. so have educated Jews.

The original Dan'el was Syrian poem written 1500 years earlier.

The Jews wrote about Antiochus IV and his persecutions and set the story in Babylon.. Just like I could write a story today and set it in the past.

Mainstream Christians have always know.. so have educated Jews.

The original Dan'el was Syrian poem written 1500 years earlier.

The Jews wrote about Antiochus IV and his persecutions and set the story in Babylon.. Just like I could write a story today and set it in the past.
No...
The book of Daniel was originally written by the prophet Daniel during both the Babylonian Empire and the Persian Empire.

Daniel foretold about the Greek and Roman Empire.

There was no scripture written during the Greek Empire. It was called the "Intertestamental period" and was silent except for the book of Maccabees. The Book of Maccabees is not considered to be prophesy or scriptures...it is interesting but it has many facts wrong. It does explain why Judas' name was Judas as Judas Maccabeeus was the leader of the revolt against Antiochus Epiphanies in which later was commemorated by the festival of lights...aka Hannakah.
The part about Antiochus and Judas...ok those dates are sounding correct.

But the Book of Daniel was written several hundred years before those events happened. Just like Isaiah was written 600 years before Cyrus and Daniel read the letter written by Isaiah to Cyrus/Darius when they reached him acting as Viceroy for Belshazzar.

The prophesy written by Daniel is exacting and precise...made predictions that went down to the hour. He went further than Jeremiah...but some were based in part on what Jeremiah has prophesied. (And they weren't 100 years old yet....which is what was required before a scripture or prophesy was accepted)

Prophesy can contain history...but the focus is not history it is prophesy. Nebachadnezzar's exhortation (written in Aramaic) is the only Goyim to write anything in the Old Testament...which is also found in the book of Daniel.

The Book of Daniel passed all 100 tests of scripture and has been accepted as such. Your assertions of "a council writing it" would fail several tests for scripture (same as the book of Maccabees) and would be excluded. (Same as book of Maccabees is excluded)

Not really. the only condition is to trust Christ.
Earned. If that condition is not met, no salvation. I mean, accepting a being as supreme who is not actually supreme is pretty hard work, one has earned one's salvation.

Forum List

Back