Would you Prefer that your kids go to a Majority White or Majority Black School?

Would you Prefer that your kids go to a Majority White or Majority Black School?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is either a facetious or stupid poll. Why don't you do an equvilent poll:
1) Do you want your child to go to school in a high crime neighborhood.
2) Average crime neighborhood.
3) Low crime neighborhood.

Those who indicate that they want their children to go to school with mostly blacks are full of shit!
It's essentially the same thing, which is why no one said they would prefer to send their kids to a majority black school.

It doesn't matter but if I had to pick I would prefer a majority Black school.

What do you think of whites and blacks who attempt to avoid sending their children to schools with a large black population? Do you believe them to be honest in their motives or do you believe them to be simply racist?

Both. They honestly believe that a a majority Black school is substandard or a white majority school will better prepare their children for success. That to me is racist and also lazy.

Preparation for success has nothing to do with it. A majority of predominantly black schools are very dangerous places for both white and black students. That's not racist. It's realist. There are all black schools that are superior to predominantly white schools, Morehouse College comes to mind where a white person could not be admitted under any circumstances.

What do you think of whites and blacks who attempt to avoid sending their children to schools with a large black population? Do you believe them to be honest in their motives or do you believe them to be simply racist?

Both. They honestly believe that a a majority Black school is substandard or a white majority school will better prepare their children for success. That to me is racist and also lazy.

Preparation for success has nothing to do with it. A majority of predominantly black schools are very dangerous places for both white and black students. That's not racist. It's realist. There are all black schools that are superior to predominantly white schools, Morehouse College comes to mind where a white person could not be admitted under any circumstances.
There are no good mostly black puplic schools! All large black neighborhoods are full of crime! It is a damn shame.

There are no good mostly black puplic schools! All large black neighborhoods are full of crime! It is a damn shame.

It is a damn shame. Particularly bad because liberals are the first to prevent charter schools which may just create some good all black public schools.

I think you misread the question and assumed that since there was no Hispanic option the question was flawed, or, your answer must be tailored to fit your experience in a majority Hispanic school. The question is neither flawed nor is it necessary to include your experience in a majority Hispanic school. To do so would be to change the question to something it is not. My question to you is why you think it does not matter. I only ask because I want to know your methodology. Then again, if having no Hispanic option created confusion for you then I can understand why you chose the option you did. I'm not being mean here and I'm not attacking you. Please correct me if I am wrong. I just want to know why you chose the option you did so as to learn from you.

The point is that most parents want their kids to go to schools with good records.
Inner city (ghetto) schools suck, because of the way teachers unions have set things up, it is almost next to impossible to fire bad teachers and that is where they all end up at - is in inner city schools.

And inner-city schools are all run by democrats who can count on a black electorate to support them by a 95% margin. But this isn't the only issue. The reason why people avoid black public schools is the same reason they avoid living in black neighborhoods. Moreover, unionized majority white schools out preform unionized majority black schools. Therefore, unionization is not the factor in the racial/cultural education gap.

Yes it is.
Schools with better standards get rid of the teachers that should be fired and they should not be allowed to teach at all.
Instead, because of the teacher's union they get suspended and the inner city schools hire them.
The other problems with lower standard schools is, not so great Principles, the school board and lack of participation of parents.
It is a combination of problems and because of them, it makes it difficult to get poorer school districts to have the same standards as good schools systems who have higher standards.

Asclepias, I want your kids to go to a all black school too

Too late. They are at the top of their classes in a great school that is really diverse. Its pretty evenly split among 3 or 4 ethnicities.

even split?

Would you post that schools link please. I'd like to read up on this place.

I didn't conduct a scientific study but from the eye test pretty even. You are going to have to take my word for it. I am very protective of my children.

Those who indicate that they want their children to go to school with mostly blacks are full of shit!

That actually would be a better poll. I think to the OP its the same thing and he is playing on the automatic gut reaction that most people have due to racism. I think you are full of shit and ignorant for thinking I am lying about sending my kids to a majority black school if I had to choose. Why would I want them brainwashed by attending a majority white school? :cuckoo:

It's essentially the same thing, which is why no one said they would prefer to send their kids to a majority black school.

I said it didnt matter but if forced to choose it would be a majority Black school.

That actually would be a better poll. I think to the OP its the same thing and he is playing on the automatic gut reaction that most people have due to racism. I think you are full of shit and ignorant for thinking I am lying about sending my kids to a majority black school if I had to choose.
I am surprised you don't send your kids to an all black school??

That way they could learn ebonics........ :cool:

Preparation for success has everything to do with it. Thats why children attend school. The question was not if we would send them to a dangerous school but the ethnic makeup of that school. The fact that you totally missed that points to your racism. Morehouse is a college and they do admit white people dumbass.

That actually would be a better poll. I think to the OP its the same thing and he is playing on the automatic gut reaction that most people have due to racism. I think you are full of shit and ignorant for thinking I am lying about sending my kids to a majority black school if I had to choose.

They get that at home from me. :cool:

Would prefer my kids go to a school like I attended growing up in the SF bay area, where many cultures are represented and if anything their ethnicty (white) would be the minority. I credit my adult beliefs and positions on this upbringing, was never the majority ethnicity and so never developed the impression I"m superior to everyone else by virtue of my skin color. (I'm superior to most others being much taller than they.) ;)

Would prefer my kids go to a school like I attended growing up in the SF bay area, where many cultures are represented and if anything their ethnicty (white) would be the minority. I credit my adult beliefs and positions on this upbringing, was never the majority ethnicity and so never developed the impression I"m superior to everyone else by virtue of my skin color. (I'm superior to most others being much taller than they.) ;)

Thats the good thing about diversity. You get to see all walks of life. My wife and i were polar opposites. She was 1 of 2 Black children in a white school district and she hated it. I went to a predominantly Black school but I got to see mexicans, asians, and samoans as well.

Too late. They are at the top of their classes in a great school that is really diverse. Its pretty evenly split among 3 or 4 ethnicities.

even split?

I didn't conduct a scientific study but from the eye test pretty even. You are going to have to take my word for it. I am very protective of my children.

I assumed it wasn't mathmatical

I'd just like to check it out.

Test scores at the last small city school my kids went to were drastically different between the asian/white kids and the black/hispanic kids

They get that at home from me. :cool:
Seriously, and in your case very much so, don't you want your kids to be better than you?

even split?

I assumed it wasn't mathmatical

I'd just like to check it out.

Test scores at the last small city school my kids went to were drastically different between the asian/white kids and the black/hispanic kids

Why was that?

Like I said, dems know how to breed a dependent group of people.

You NEVER question the hand that feeds you, no matter how tight the collar or short the leash

and I'm free to add to anything I post, ya ninny
I would rather send my child to a majority white school in a democrat run city and/or state than a majority black school in a republican run city and/or state.

You do know that almost all the best schools are not in cities?

cuz I thought that was common knowledge.

I went to a practically all White/Jewish public elementary school in a large democrat run city(one of the largest in the country), it was a top charter school as well.

I couldn't help but notice.

San Francisco Bay Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2010 the racial makeup of the nine-county Bay Area was 52.5% White including white Hispanic, 6.7% non-Hispanic African American, 0.7% Native American, 23.3% Asian (7.9% Chinese, 5.1% Filipino, 3.3% Indian, 2.5% Vietnamese, 1.0% Korean, 0.9% Japanese, 0.2% Pakistani, 0.2% Cambodian, 0.2% Laotian, 0.1% Thai, 0.1% Burmese), 0.6% Pacific Islander (0.1% Tongan, 0.1% Samoan, 0.1% Fijian, >0.1% Guamanian, >0.1% Native Hawaiian), 10.8% from other races, and 5.4% from two or more races. The population was 23.5% Hispanic or Latino of any race (17.9% Mexican, 1.3% Salvadoran, 0.6% Guatemalan, 0.6% Puerto Rican, 0.5% Nicaraguan, 0.3% Peruvian, 0.2% Cuban).[

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back