Wounded vet not a "True Hero"

Have you read her site? Or are you just taking Joe's word for it. AND he's a teabagger, so really, you can just believe him. No need to do the work of researching for yourself.

Walsh is my Rep.......

Duckworth is a total drama-queen........ Her whole message is "vote for me because I have no legs."

And if it matters - what Walsh actually said was: "no real hero would use their war injuries as a means to get elected."

Duckworth is using her war injuries for sympathy.....

I totally agree with Walsh...

I've met Walsh several times and he's a good man and a "blue collar" type guy... I support him 100%.

After reading your posts, I'm not surprised that you do

You are the type of voter that Walsh is after

You're a fucking idiot.

In what universe should her war injuries matter???

John McCain was a Vietcong POW for 6 fucking years - yet he NEVER used his POW status as a reason to vote for him.

Duckworth is pretty much like "vote for me because I lost my legs and I support Obama."

Walsh was a community organizer while Duckworth was serving her nation

You don't think military leadership is a valid qualification?

After reading your posts, I'm not surprised that you do

You are the type of voter that Walsh is after

You're a fucking idiot.

John McCain was a Vietcong POW for 6 fucking years - yet he NEVER used his POW status as a reason to vote for him.

Duckworth is pretty much like "vote for me because I lost my legs and I support Obama."

Oh so now that a democrat Obama lover is injured in war it matters??? What about McCain???

McCain didn't use his POW status for sympathy..... He was stuck in a hell hole for 6 years and all progressives could say is that he was an idiot for being shot down.....

Duckworth gets her legs blown off and is back home in 2 weeks... McCain gets tortured for 6 years....

But yeah now war injuries matter?

As if someone who has their legs blown off in war is somehow more credible?

Duckworth has no chance of beating Walsh either.......

Have you read her site? Or are you just taking Joe's word for it. AND he's a teabagger, so really, you can just believe him. No need to do the work of researching for yourself.

I know all about it considering Walsh is my Representative.

Duckworth is an Obamabot who IMO enjoys the sympathy she gets via her war injuries....

No real patriot would say or imply "vote for me because I had my legs blown off."

Duckworth is an Obamabot who IMO enjoys the sympathy she gets via her war injuries....

No real patriot would say or imply "vote for me because I had my legs blown off."

Duckworth gets Kudos for service. Where it ENDS for me. Same as Juan McCain.

Rep. Walsh says Duckworth isn't a 'true' hero

Doesn't get any better for Republicans....Attacking a veteran who lost both legs in an attack. Not a "true hero". Is it because she is a woman or a Democrat?

Rep. Joe Walsh of Illinois, considered one of the most vulnerable freshmen in Congress, is seen on a video criticizing Democratic opponent Tammy Duckworth for talking too much about her military service.

"Now I'm running against a woman who, my God, that's all she talks about. Our true heroes, it's the last thing in the world they talk about," Walsh, R-Ill., can be heard saying about Duckworth.

The video was posted on ThinkProgress, a blog that's an outlet of the left-leaning Center for American Progress.

Duckworth, a former Obama appointee, lost both her legs and partial use of her right arm when a rocket-propelled grenade hit the Black Hawk helicopter she was piloting in Iraq. She told USA TODAY in a 2005 interview that she wanted to fly Army helicopters because "I wanted to take the same risks as the guys."

If I recall correctly, John Kerry's Purple Hearts didn't even count, while George W Bush was considered a war hero for staying at home and snorting cocaine.

And remember Max Cleland?
If the mugging of Sen. Max Cleland of Georgia is a fair indicator of what is to come, the fall elections will be ugly. Cleland, a decorated veteran and triple amputee, was attacked by his Republican opponent, Rep. Saxby Chambliss, "for breaking his oath to protect and defend the Constitution."
Dirty-Bomb Politics (washingtonpost.com)

Attention members of the U.S. military - the right wing thinks your sacrifice doesn't count if you vote Democrat!

Everyone remember this gem from the RNC?

purpleheartbandaid.jpg

You're a fucking idiot.

Oh so now that a democrat Obama lover is injured in war it matters??? What about McCain???

McCain didn't use his POW status for sympathy..... He was stuck in a hell hole for 6 years and all progressives could say is that he was an idiot for being shot down.....

Duckworth gets her legs blown off and is back home in 2 weeks... McCain gets tortured for 6 years....

But yeah now war injuries matter?

As if someone who has their legs blown off in war is somehow more credible?

Duckworth has no chance of beating Walsh either.......

From the guy who said no way Ron Paul could lose

Can you point to the specific quote that bothers you?

The one that implies you should vote for her because she got her legs blown off?

Big foot in mouth moment that's for sure.

Having met the guy on a couple of occasions, I did find him to be energetic informed and willing to listen- and help. Despite his foibles, I think he's a rare asset in DC. Willing to speak his mind, buck the system, and rattle a few branches.
Don't forget "denigrate the troops and spit on Veterans".

Walsh gets to decide what "true heroes" get to talk about?

Who the fuck is he?

If McCain didn't want to talk about his POW experience, that was his right. If Duckworth wants to talk about her war experience, that is her right. Both paid their dues.......Walsh didn't

His opinion was he wasn't hearing enough about substance from her, and too much of her glorifying her military service. It's well within bounds.

It's well outside the bounds of common sense. And common decency. The woman's legs are gone. How do you keep people from noticing that?

Losing her legs doesn't qualify her for elected office. There was nothing indecent aboul Walsh's comment when read in context IMO. God bless her for her service and her sacrifice, but she needs to do a little more than say look at me, I am a war hero.

Kerry trashed every man who ever served in Vietnam when ht threw his medals away and called them all baby killers and rapists in his testimony before Congress.

I put John Kerry in the same boat as Jane Fonda. Trashing your fellow men while they are still in harms way would be called treason if there had been a formal declaration of war.

Kerry was a decorated combat veteran and had every right to criticize the worth of the Viet Nam conflict

History showed he was right

He had the right, but it is called aiding and abetting the enemy in the real world.

This is actually more pathetic than the rightwingtards losing their shit because Obama has the audacity to feather his cap with bin Laden's capture.

Uh dumbfuck, even Obamination talks about how bad Vietnam Vets were treated coming home when talking about the troops today. You need to update your talking notes.

Oh, a friend of mine in the 90s got condiments thrown on him in uniform while attending Cal as a ROTC cadet and my Commandant of Cadets got spat at on my campus during Desert Storm.

You liberals are full of shit.

I'm not saying it's a lie at all....more of a urban legend....everyone "knows someone who knows someone who got spit on"...But, if you can name names, I'm all ears.

So...you should have no problem naming some names. I look forward to the list....since so many had it happen.

Names from 45 years ago would be hard to come by and you wouldn't believe it anyway. It was documented at the time, so take your urban legend as stuff it.

Forum List

Back