YAY! STEVE BANNON INDICTED by federal grand jury!!!

Eric Holder showed uo to testify. And what they tried to pin on himwas later found to be fake news.
Holder refused to comply with a subpoena, Stupid. Same violation Bannon is accused of.

I can't figure people like Bannon who bows and grovels at the feet of a man who could give a flip about him. Ignorance among the trump cult is well documents.
Bannon is a hardcore ideologue, a True Believer, regarding the evils of government. He knows that Trump is his best shot to tear the whole thing down. He's using Trump, and Trump is using him for his own personal self esteem issues. A match made in hell. Otherwise, they wouldn't have anything to do with each other.

You are entitled to you own opinion, but not your own facts

"The unprecedented nature of January 6th demands this unprecedented decision,"

Never in the history of our country has a Speaker refused to seat the members put forth by the minority party. Never. Unprecedented

With that action, she turned the committee into a partisan circus with no credibility.
I am entitled to the facts. McCarthy put two trump stooges up that were rejected. Pelosi gave him a chance to name legitimate members who would take this investigation seriously. He never did.

I don't remember.

I do know what's going on now, so changing the subject isn't going to work.
It's the same subject - contempt of Congress, which is rather rare. Prosecution for criminal contempt is virtually unheard of. But I guess the voices in you universe shun such discussions.

That was Aug. 2020

this is the current kerfuffle

Trump strategist Steve Bannon indicted on contempt charges in Jan. 6 investigation
Steve Bannon, former President Donald Trump’s political strategist, was indicted by a grand jury Friday on two charges of criminal contempt for defying a House subpoena
The Department of Justice's decision to charge Bannon came after the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol subpoenaed Bannon and others for documents and testimony about what led to the riot.
“Since my first day in office, I have promised Justice Department employees that together we would show the American people by word and deed that the department adheres to the rule of law, follows the facts and the law and pursues equal justice under the law,” Attorney General Merrick B. Garland said in a statement announcing the indictment. “Today’s charges reflect the department’s steadfast commitment to these principles.”
Conspiracy against the United States of America is much more serious.....

I am entitled to the facts. McCarthy put two trump stooges up that were rejected.

A rejection unprecedented in the 230 year history of Congress. Hence - the partisan political circus with zero credibility.

It's the same subject - contempt of Congress, which is rather rare. Prosecution for criminal contempt is virtually unheard of. But I guess the voices in you universe shun such discussions.

Steve Bannon charged with criminal contempt of Congress : NPR
2 hours ago · Steve Bannon, once former President Donald Trump's chief strategist, is pictured in August 2018. The Justice Department has charged him with criminal contempt of Congress.

I'd like to know what they're hiding. You don't have to care.
Don't care. If there was any connection to the rioters that would have been found out by the previous 10 partisan House investigations, the bipartisan Senate investigation and the 600+ criminal investigations by the FBI and DOJ.

The only thing this partisan political circus with zero credibility is interested in is anything that smells like dirt that it can use against Trump should he run for President again. I find itabhorrent that with all the shit going on int he country, that congress is wasting it's time and our money on this partisan pursuit.

Don't care. If there was any connection to the rioters that would have been found out by the previous 10 partisan House investigations, the bipartisan Senate investigation and 600+ criminal investigations by the FBI and DOJ.

The only thing this partisan political circus with zero credibility is interested in is anything that smells like dirt that it can use against Trump should he run for President again. I find itabhorrent that with all the shit going on int he country, that congress is wasting it's time and our money on this partisan pursuit.
Sure, okay.

Forum List

Back