Yeah…more gun control in Europe..that's the ticket…since the illegal guns were obtained illegally...

Well the cops are for it. They won't get shot with their own guns then.

So me one Police Force that is mandating these things for their officers.
You can't get them here, they just want them.

Bullshit.
No gun in the US will allow them in. They ones that tried received death threats, Here are the guns the NRA doesn't want you to get

The issue isn't that the "NRA doesn't want them". The issue is the second they become available governments will mandate their use, and their reliability is nowhere near proven yet.

Again, when I see police officers use the technology, then I will admit the technology has matured, however mandating the use of it is still wrong.
The NRA doesn't want them and they have offered to pull that bill but the NRA isn't budging because the NRA is all about guns, not gun safety.

So me one Police Force that is mandating these things for their officers.

Bullshit.
No gun in the US will allow them in. They ones that tried received death threats, Here are the guns the NRA doesn't want you to get

The issue isn't that the "NRA doesn't want them". The issue is the second they become available governments will mandate their use, and their reliability is nowhere near proven yet.

Again, when I see police officers use the technology, then I will admit the technology has matured, however mandating the use of it is still wrong.
The NRA doesn't want them and they have offered to pull that bill but the NRA isn't budging because the NRA is all about guns, not gun safety.

And again, when police officers are found using the exact same technology, I would consider it.

Also, any bill that requires citizens to use these guns would have to apply to the police as well.

Bullshit.

And again, when police officers are found using the exact same technology, I would consider it.

Also, any bill that requires citizens to use these guns would have to apply to the police as well.
The police can't get them here, and no bill like that would be required.

It is a game that is used on us now, otherwise when you see people hiding their agenda's by drowning their causes in world politics or in world stats. Obama is using this strategy big time on this nation now.

Bullshit.

They don't want them because the technology doesn't work yet.

Still waiting for the police to limit their mags to the same # of rounds as the rest of us as well.

Still waiting for the police to limit their mags to the same # of rounds as the rest of us as well.
Oh, they work well enough, the NRA just doesn't want them here. They're afraid once they are, then that's all you'll be able to buy. Research it, I have.

Oh, they work well enough, the NRA just doesn't want them here. They're afraid once they are, then that's all you'll be able to buy. Research it, I have.

Show me an article that shows how they work.

And again, if they are so awesome, why does the Jersey Bill limit it to non-police officers only?

If we have to do it, they have to do it. Police officers are not uber-citizens.

I did my research about gun violence here and abroad. Bottom line is there is so much guns easily accessible to all American people here in this country.
Ownership/possession of guns is banned for several classes of people in this country -- how do you suppose guns are "easily accessible" to these people when it is illegal to sell guns to them?
And you want to flood this country with more guns.
Hyperbole much?
Research say more guns doesn't make me safer.
Cite?
What do you want me to do? Go buy guns and armed myself?
Nope.
We want your to recognize that your appeals to emotion, ignorance and/or dishonest in no way create a sound argument for the further restriction of the rights of law abiding Americans, and then leave us the hell alone.

I am a law abiding citizen a RESPECTED ONE. Why and Who would limit me if I want to buy a gun. What restrictions if I want to buy a gun? You are the one being dishonest.
You have your own right I have the same as yours. Who the hell are you to tell me i should limit my rights?

Notice...all of those shootings happened after the confiscation.....and there are the others......the only thing keeping them from being worse was that the person using the gun didn't decide to shoot more people...since he already had the illegal gun...

What I noticed was the most were domestic, drug or gang related. That's what i noticed. Not on the same scale as Port Arthur, nor were they a random act. The victims were known and targeted with most. Aurora, Sandy Hook and Virginia Tech were the result of whackos going bat shit. IOW, you're comparing apples and oranges.

Also, just as an FYI I posted a similar link on another thread that showed up until the end of Sept this year the US had had more than 300 instances this year alone. You've posted 25 instances over 18 years in Australia. About 1.3 a year. The US is at 300+ and counting for this year alone...

I posted all of the ones that should not have happened, since you guys confiscated guns...

as well....there were more than a few where nothing stopped the shooter from comiitting a mass shooting ....they had an illegal gun and chose not to kill more people.....so mass shootings,have happened, and the only thing that has prevented more was the shooter......

..all of your confiscation of guns and the only thing stopping mass shooters...they just don't do it...that is some policy...

and on top of that....most of your gun crime is foreign immigrants.....somehow they easily get guns despite the gun confiscation.....

and your gun crime is no different than ours....the majority is criminals killing criminals...especially gangs...and it is increasing.....

Grumpy....please explain that with all those shootings post confiscation....that the only thing that kept them from being worse was simply the shooter deciding not to shoot more people...right...? Since he had a gun, illegally, after the confiscation....and he was shooting people...illegally....

What kept them from going to a school, a movie theater or concert hall....? Your gun laws didn't stop mass shootings....the lack of desire by the shooters stopped the potential mass shootings....

For a start 16 of them the offenders and victims were known to each other so it to reason that once the event was over that is all the offender was interested in. Another three involved the police. That leaves about seven instances over an 18 year period - one every 2.5 years in a population of 24 million. I can live with that with gun confiscation being in place..

it shouldn't happen at all......you guys confiscated guns and have extreme laws to deal with the few models you actually allow.....

the main point is this......your gun control laws are not the thing stopping gun crime....that is shown by how easily immigrants can get guns and the frequency that your criminal gangs get guns......when your criminals want guns they get them...there is nothing special about your gun laws......you live in a country with a homogenous society....without a hyper angry minority population that one political party keeps isolated, poor and uneducated.....so you have a less violent society..

Not because,of gun control?.but because of Australian culture....

and that is changing.....you have had two immigrants use guns to murder Australians....once they decide to do a mass shooting it is going to happen...your gun laws,won't,prevent it...and as we have seen.....by disarming your people....your death count will be much higher when it does happen.

they don't work..and mandating that all guns have useless technology is a non starter.....

I did my research about gun violence here and abroad. Bottom line is there is so much guns easily accessible to all American people here in this country.
Ownership/possession of guns is banned for several classes of people in this country -- how do you suppose guns are "easily accessible" to these people when it is illegal to sell guns to them?
And you want to flood this country with more guns.
Hyperbole much?
Research say more guns doesn't make me safer.
Cite?
What do you want me to do? Go buy guns and armed myself?
Nope.
We want your to recognize that your appeals to emotion, ignorance and/or dishonest in no way create a sound argument for the further restriction of the rights of law abiding Americans, and then leave us the hell alone.

I am a law abiding citizen a RESPECTED ONE. Why and Who would limit me if I want to buy a gun. What restrictions if I want to buy a gun? You are the one being dishonest.
You have your own right I have the same as yours. Who the hell are you to tell me i should limit my rights?
I have no idea whatsoever how this can possibly be a measured response to my post.
Try again - this time try to address what I said.

Ummm and how big is the U.S. in comparison to Australia? You see these comparisons are never accurate because you are dealing with so many different variables, stats and circumstances that which are involved. Never comparing apples and oranges when dealing with totally different nations and populations.

The debate here is comparing to western democracies and their attitudes towards guns. Population is irrelevant if you go to the per capita model. You're on target at the moment to have at least 320 mass shootings - that's about 1 for every one million Americans. We're on target to have about 3. In order to be up with the US we should be having about 24 this year. We're not even close.

2aguy would have you believe that guns are the answer, when clearly they're not.

I posted all of the ones that should not have happened, since you guys confiscated guns...

as well....there were more than a few where nothing stopped the shooter from comiitting a mass shooting ....they had an illegal gun and chose not to kill more people.....so mass shootings,have happened, and the only thing that has prevented more was the shooter......

..all of your confiscation of guns and the only thing stopping mass shooters...they just don't do it...that is some policy...

and on top of that....most of your gun crime is foreign immigrants.....somehow they easily get guns despite the gun confiscation.....

and your gun crime is no different than ours....the majority is criminals killing criminals...especially gangs...and it is increasing.....

What do you mean they should not have happened? There is a myth that guns are banned in Australia. They are not. Certain types have been banned and they are hard to obtain, but a total confiscation? Nope...

Your second paragraph has nothing to do with the debate. Mass shooting are carried out by whackjobs who don't care who they harm. None of those have occurred in Australia since the bans were enacted. Do you really want to go into the figures comparing the US to Australia where people only inflicted pain on those they intended? You guys would be in the 100s of 1000s if not millions.

Ummm and how big is the U.S. in comparison to Australia? You see these comparisons are never accurate because you are dealing with so many different variables, stats and circumstances that which are involved. Never comparing apples and oranges when dealing with totally different nations and populations.

The debate here is comparing to western democracies and their attitudes towards guns. Population is irrelevant if you go to the per capita model. You're on target at the moment to have at least 320 mass shootings - that's about 1 for every one million Americans. We're on target to have about 3. In order to be up with the US we should be having about 24 this year. We're not even close.

2aguy would have you believe that guns are the answer, when clearly they're not.

Wrong….we have not had 320 mass shootings….please site the source….I predict it is either the FBI study, which was shown to be flawed or any number of anti gun extremist groups studies……..source?

they don't work..and mandating that all guns have useless technology is a non starter.....
They work more than well enough to be on the market here, which the NRA will not allow. Capitalism allows for such a thing but not the NRA.

What do you mean they should not have happened? There is a myth that guns are banned in Australia. They are not. Certain types have been banned and they are hard to obtain, but a total confiscation? Nope...

Your second paragraph has nothing to do with the debate. Mass shooting are carried out by whackjobs who don't care who they harm. None of those have occurred in Australia since the bans were enacted. Do you really want to go into the figures comparing the US to Australia where people only inflicted pain on those they intended? You guys would be in the 100s of 1000s if not millions.

You need to read those attacks more closely….several count especially the Chinese immigrant student who shot up his college class…

They work more than well enough to be on the market here, which the NRA will not allow. Capitalism allows for such a thing but not the NRA.

lying isn't promoting your argument…...

Wrong….we have not had 320 mass shootings….please site the source….I predict it is either the FBI study, which was shown to be flawed or any number of anti gun extremist groups studies……..source?
You just love to pieces those deadly toys of your don't you? You seem to have never met a case where you would denounce a gun.

lying isn't promoting your argument…...
That's nothing like a lie, there are several valid versions out there and I'd make them even better by requiring that you be implanted with a chip. The price of a gun would be blood, yours.

Forum List

Back