🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Yeeeeaahh..."Voter ID" laws aren't about voter suppression...

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
So, a 62-year-old Texas woman walked into a DPS office on Thursday to get her voter ID, because she carries a California license, so she could vote this year.
The clerk left for a few minutes, then told her to take a seat. At that point, Messinger said, a state trooper summoned her into his back office, saying he needed to speak to her. Once inside his office, Messinger said the trooper insisted on seeing all the documentation she had brought, and demanded to know where she lives and pays taxes. He even told her she could be jailed for driving with a California license.* It is illegal to drive in Texas on another state’s driver’s license 90 days after moving into the state.

It was like a Nazi interrogation about how I cant be driving with a California ID,” Messinger said. “I was completely intimidated and freaked out.”

The trooper denies threatening jail or arrest during the conversation, according to Summer Blackwell of the DPS. Blackwell said DPS was willing to reach out to Messinger to help her obtain a voter ID.

“I’m from New York originally, and talking to policemen was not like a big deal to me,” Messinger added. “This was scary as hell. There was nothing civil about the way he was talking to me.”

Messinger said she answered the trooper’s questions and eventually was allowed to leave. But by then she was so unnerved that she left without getting her ID, and now doesn’t plan to get one in time to vote.
Texas woman threatened with jail after applying for voter ID

Ms. Messinger never did get her ID, so she won't be voting in this election, but this fight is far from over for her. "I will do everything it takes to do something about what’s going on here, because this is crazy,” she said. “I’m 62 years old. I’ve been voting for a long time, and this is just bullshit."

Anyone who thinks this isn't about keeping the "wrong kind" of people from voting - and "wrong kind" doesn't mean "illegal immigrants; it means anyone not voting Republican - isn't paying attention.

She's the one turning down the ID if you read the story. The trooper denies her allegations of arrest and jail. I'm not buying her bullshit.

Now to requiring voter ID.

America is worse than freaking third world countries who do secure their elections with voter ID.

Hell's bells even South Africa has a constitutional mandate that Voter ID is the law to be able to vote.

Get a grip.

What's troubling is the fact that so many have such disregard for the fundamental right to vote, who refuse to understand that the burden rests solely with the state to prove a voter is not eligible to vote, and absent any proof the state must allow citizens to exercise their fundamental right to vote.

So, a 62-year-old Texas woman walked into a DPS office on Thursday to get her voter ID, because she carries a California license, so she could vote this year.
The clerk left for a few minutes, then told her to take a seat. At that point, Messinger said, a state trooper summoned her into his back office, saying he needed to speak to her. Once inside his office, Messinger said the trooper insisted on seeing all the documentation she had brought, and demanded to know where she lives and pays taxes. He even told her she could be jailed for driving with a California license.* It is illegal to drive in Texas on another state’s driver’s license 90 days after moving into the state.

It was like a Nazi interrogation about how I cant be driving with a California ID,” Messinger said. “I was completely intimidated and freaked out.”

The trooper denies threatening jail or arrest during the conversation, according to Summer Blackwell of the DPS. Blackwell said DPS was willing to reach out to Messinger to help her obtain a voter ID.

“I’m from New York originally, and talking to policemen was not like a big deal to me,” Messinger added. “This was scary as hell. There was nothing civil about the way he was talking to me.”

Messinger said she answered the trooper’s questions and eventually was allowed to leave. But by then she was so unnerved that she left without getting her ID, and now doesn’t plan to get one in time to vote.

Ms. Messinger never did get her ID, so she won't be voting in this election, but this fight is far from over for her. "I will do everything it takes to do something about what’s going on here, because this is crazy,” she said. “I’m 62 years old. I’ve been voting for a long time, and this is just bullshit."

Anyone who thinks this isn't about keeping the "wrong kind" of people from voting - and "wrong kind" doesn't mean "illegal immigrants; it means anyone not voting Republican - isn't paying attention.
Bs, every state I have lived requires you to get a drivers license for that state within 90 days of moving ther. If she wanted to vote she should have gotten a DL, it really is not that hard, unless you are a brain dead libtard.

She's the one turning down the ID if you read the story. The trooper denies her allegations of arrest and jail. I'm not buying her bullshit.

America is worse than freaking third world countries who do secure their elections with voter ID.

Hell's bells even South Africa has a constitutional mandate that Voter ID is the law to be able to vote.

Get a grip.
What's the purpose of it, after you have already registered?

700 thousand illegals voted in the 2008 election.
I presume you have an actual verifiable source for that figure. Or, are we just pulling numbers out of our asses?
Are you too afraid to google it?
What are we, in high school? So, you just throw some bullshit out there, and expect me to do your homework for you to debunk your bullshit? No thanks. I'll just chalk it up to what it is - you pulling shit out of your ass.

have a good day. Come back when you have some data that is actually verifiable.

Get a grip.
What's the purpose of it, after you have already registered?

Election integrity. It's that simple.

It's really quite simple. Third world countries have legislated for voter identification.

Democrats must think that America's minorities are the dumbest fucks on the planet who are incapable of procuring ID,

I find that a huge insult to minorities. You play the "boo hoo minorities will be disenfranchised" like a stratovarius.

Why don't any of you check in to the work that the Carter Center does internationally and how they monitor elections and keep electoral integrity?

You would then realize how bloody stupid the argument is for no voter ID.

The left really truly either underestimates minorities or the left really truly think minorities are pathetically stupid and incapable.

"The Carter Center, noted in their Executive Summary of the October 31, 1991 National Elections in Zambia, this approving observation about the Zambia elections:

“On October 31, 1991, Zambia elected a new president and 150-member National Assembly in the nation’s first multiparty elections since 1968 … a four-month comprehensive election monitoring effort of the Zambia Voting Observation Team (Z-Vote), the Carter Center of Emory University and the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) organized a 40-member international observer delegation for the elections …The delegation’s principal findings … are as follows …”

E. Voter Cards
The electoral law required only that a prospective voter be listed on the electoral roll and be properly identified. To ensure that only eligible voters cast ballots, however, the Electoral Commission, as in previous elections, promulgated regulations providing additional safeguards: voters were required to produce both national identity and voter registration cards and to have their thumbs marked with indelible ink.”

Carter Center Postelection Statement on Dominican Republic Elections, May 18, 2000: SUMMARY
“On May 16, the Dominican people successfully exercised their right to vote for their nation’s next president. In a process marked with enthusiasm and dedication, Dominican voters went to the polls in large numbers.

This commitment was echoed by fellow citizens serving as election officials, political party delegates and nonpartisan election monitors who brought intelligence, dedication and common sense to the process. The administration of the elections was enhanced by a new, modernized electoral registry that helped safeguard the process and by an unprecedented “verification exercise” to check the voter registry to prevent problems on election day…

A successful election. Though reactions to the results by candidates, parties and the public are still emerging, it appears at this point that the election has been successful overall. The Dominican people demonstrated great enthusiasm, patience and fortitude on May 16, as they went to the polls to cast their votes for a new president. Turnout was high, at about 74 percent, … Independent nonpartisan observers, both national and international, enjoyed full access to every phase of the process … Some widely anticipated problems, such as inconsistencies in the voter registry, did not materialize.

Indeed, the voter registry containing color photos of virtually all voters provided a degree of certitude about the identity of voters that should, as it is perfected in future years, provide a substantial new degree of security and confidence in the electoral process.”

SOUTHAFRICA Electoral Act, 73 of 1998 SECTION 38
“Voting procedure(1) A voter may only vote once in an election, and may vote only at the voting station in the voting district for which that voter is registered. (2) A voter is entitled to vote at a voting station — (a) on production of that voter’s identity document to the presiding officer or a voting officer at the voting station; and (b) if that voter’s name is in the certified segment of the voters’ roll for the voting district concerned.
(3) When a voter produces an identity document to a presiding officer or voting officer as required by subsection (2) (a), the presiding officer or voting officer must examine the identity document and determine whether –
Electoral Act 73 of 1998 (ss 36-38) 29
(a) the voter is the person described in that identity document; (b) the voter’s name is in the certified segment of the voters’ roll for the voting district concerned; and (c) that voter has not already voted in the election.
(4) For the purposes of subsection (3) (a), the presiding officer or voting officer may require that the voter’s fingerprints be taken. (5) If the presiding officer or voting officer is satisfied in respect of all the matters mentioned in subsection (3), that officer must— (a) record that the voter is regarded to have voted in the election; (aA) mark the voter’s identity document in the prescribed manner; [Para. (aA) inserted by s. 11 of Act 34 of 2003.]
(b) mark the hand of the voter in the prescribed manner;”

One Cherokee One Vote 8230 With Valid ID Just like Post-Apartheid South Africa Requires

700 thousand illegals voted in the 2008 election.
I presume you have an actual verifiable source for that figure. Or, are we just pulling numbers out of our asses?
Are you too afraid to google it?
What are we, in high school? So, you just throw some bullshit out there, and expect me to do your homework for you to debunk your bullshit? No thanks. I'll just chalk it up to what it is - you pulling shit out of your ass.

have a good day. Come back when you have some data that is actually verifiable.
So then, the next thing you gotta ask herself is " do I care?"

Does she mean there are no republicans in CA? Did he ask her what her party was before she was called back? I mean, really, what nonsense on her part. She obviously did not familiarize herself with TX law when she moved, and at 62, you would think she would know better.

india-voter-id-2.jpg

Or they're too fucking lazy to go and get one!

Last edited:

I read this story the other day. It sounds ridiculous.. She decided to vote in Texas according to the article several years ago. She also states it took her months and months and hours upon hours to try and get her birth certificate from New York and she has been working on getting her DL for over a year? She is having issues with not one state but two states getting a proper ID for a DL-, one she needs to drive legally in the state she has decided to call home, something she has not done since living there for years and years according to her. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Sounds to me as if there is a bit of exaggeration going on. I needed my BC for my new passport ( since my first passport was obtained prior to 9-11 and the rules changed about signatures on BCs), it took ten minutes and bam, it was in the mail to me.

So why did it take her months and months ALMOST A YEAR according to her and hours and hours and hours to get a BC from NY? I know when you move to a new state and claim residence you need that states DL, you don't wait years and years to get one. She also says she is well traveled- sounds like she is FOS.

An aside, I know I shared my experience of getting a Drivers License in Virginia on this forum prior. It was a pain in the ass which took 2 weeks -something I never want to go through again. VA does not even have voter ID laws as far as I know. Just because documents are required from everyone, it does not mean people are trying to stop voters.

Dear liberal turds: You need photo ID to get married in every state. But I don't see liberals, running with their limp wrists flailing, crying about racism. Should only gay whites be able to marry?

Anyone with any intelligence would realize she has an agenda here.

I read this story the other day. It sounds ridiculous.. She decided to vote in Texas according to the article several years ago. She also states it took her months and months and hours upon hours to try and get her birth certificate from New York and she has been working on getting her DL for over a year? She is having issues with not one state but two states getting a proper ID for a DL-, one she needs to drive legally in the state she has decided to call home, something she has not done since living there for years and years according to her. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Sounds to me as if there is a bit of exaggeration going on. I needed my BC for my new passport ( since my first passport was obtained prior to 9-11 and the rules changed about signatures on BCs), it took ten minutes and bam, it was in the mail to me.

So why did it take her months and months ALMOST A YEAR according to her and hours and hours and hours to get a BC from NY? I know when you move to a new state and claim residence you need that states DL, you don't wait years and years to get one. She also says she is well traveled- sounds like she is FOS.

Forum List

Back