🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Yeeeeaahh..."Voter ID" laws aren't about voter suppression...

700 thousand illegals voted in the 2008 election.
I presume you have an actual verifiable source for that figure. Or, are we just pulling numbers out of our asses?
Maybe this will assist.
Stephen Ansolabehere; Eitan Hersh, 2012, "Replication data for: Validation: What Big Data Reveal About Survey Misreporting and the Real Electorate", Replication data for Validation What Big Data Reveal About Survey Misreporting and the Real Electorate - Political Analysis Dataverse - Harvard Dataverse Network IQSS Dataverse Network [Distributor] V2 [Version]

If they mean 6.4 percent of 11 million illegal immigrants… we’re talking about roughly 700,000 votes being cast by non-citizens in 2008. Stunning. If true, it refutes my earlier contention that proven cases of voter fraud would only swing elections in races that come down to a few hundred votes.
Jaw-Dropping Study Claims Large Numbers of Non-Citizens Vote in U.S. National Review Online

She's the one turning down the ID if you read the story. The trooper denies her allegations of arrest and jail. I'm not buying her bullshit.

Now to requiring voter ID.

America is worse than freaking third world countries who do secure their elections with voter ID.

Hell's bells even South Africa has a constitutional mandate that Voter ID is the law to be able to vote.

Get a grip.
What's the purpose of it, after you have already registered?
To use when you vote for the rest of your life., and so a democrat can't use you when you are dead.

The Pa. House Majority leader (R), said that voter ID ia about suppressing the vote.
Dear liberal turds: You need photo ID to get married in every state. But I don't see liberals, running with their limp wrists flailing, crying about racism. Should only gay whites be able to marry?
Could you do us a favor and take your homosexual hysterics and fantasies elsewhere? To each their own but I don`t need to read about your apparent obsession. Thanx in advance. "Liberal turds"? How fucking old are you anyway.

Anyone with any intelligence would realize she has an agenda here.
So, a 62-year-old Texas woman walked into a DPS office on Thursday to get her voter ID, because she carries a California license, so she could vote this year.
The clerk left for a few minutes, then told her to take a seat. At that point, Messinger said, a state trooper summoned her into his back office, saying he needed to speak to her. Once inside his office, Messinger said the trooper insisted on seeing all the documentation she had brought, and demanded to know where she lives and pays taxes. He even told her she could be jailed for driving with a California license.* It is illegal to drive in Texas on another state’s driver’s license 90 days after moving into the state.

It was like a Nazi interrogation about how I cant be driving with a California ID,” Messinger said. “I was completely intimidated and freaked out.”

The trooper denies threatening jail or arrest during the conversation, according to Summer Blackwell of the DPS. Blackwell said DPS was willing to reach out to Messinger to help her obtain a voter ID.

“I’m from New York originally, and talking to policemen was not like a big deal to me,” Messinger added. “This was scary as hell. There was nothing civil about the way he was talking to me.”

Messinger said she answered the trooper’s questions and eventually was allowed to leave. But by then she was so unnerved that she left without getting her ID, and now doesn’t plan to get one in time to vote.
Texas woman threatened with jail after applying for voter ID

Ms. Messinger never did get her ID, so she won't be voting in this election, but this fight is far from over for her. "I will do everything it takes to do something about what’s going on here, because this is crazy,” she said. “I’m 62 years old. I’ve been voting for a long time, and this is just bullshit."

Anyone who thinks this isn't about keeping the "wrong kind" of people from voting - and "wrong kind" doesn't mean "illegal immigrants; it means anyone not voting Republican - isn't paying attention.

I read this story the other day. It sounds ridiculous.. She decided to vote in Texas according to the article several years ago. She also states it took her months and months and hours upon hours to try and get her birth certificate from New York and she has been working on getting her DL for over a year? She is having issues with not one state but two states getting a proper ID for a DL-, one she needs to drive legally in the state she has decided to call home, something she has not done since living there for years and years according to her. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Sounds to me as if there is a bit of exaggeration going on. I needed my BC for my new passport ( since my first passport was obtained prior to 9-11 and the rules changed about signatures on BCs), it took ten minutes and bam, it was in the mail to me.

So why did it take her months and months ALMOST A YEAR according to her and hours and hours and hours to get a BC from NY? I know when you move to a new state and claim residence you need that states DL, you don't wait years and years to get one. She also says she is well traveled- sounds like she is FOS.

Maryland is the same:

Maryland: new residents must get an in-state driver’s license within sixty days of moving. If they do not, then they are considered to be driving without a valid driver’s license… which is a misdemeanor that can result in a fine of up to $500 and two months in jail.

But, according to Messinger Texas is full of Nazi's. Messinger decided to break the law for years and when she wanted something "ASAP" - she blames Texas for telling her the laws of the state she calls home, and ignores the fact "New York took nearly a year to send her birth certificate" - obviously there was more going on there.

So, a 62-year-old Texas woman walked into a DPS office on Thursday to get her voter ID, because she carries a California license, so she could vote this year.
The clerk left for a few minutes, then told her to take a seat. At that point, Messinger said, a state trooper summoned her into his back office, saying he needed to speak to her. Once inside his office, Messinger said the trooper insisted on seeing all the documentation she had brought, and demanded to know where she lives and pays taxes. He even told her she could be jailed for driving with a California license.* It is illegal to drive in Texas on another state’s driver’s license 90 days after moving into the state.

It was like a Nazi interrogation about how I cant be driving with a California ID,” Messinger said. “I was completely intimidated and freaked out.”

The trooper denies threatening jail or arrest during the conversation, according to Summer Blackwell of the DPS. Blackwell said DPS was willing to reach out to Messinger to help her obtain a voter ID.

“I’m from New York originally, and talking to policemen was not like a big deal to me,” Messinger added. “This was scary as hell. There was nothing civil about the way he was talking to me.”

Messinger said she answered the trooper’s questions and eventually was allowed to leave. But by then she was so unnerved that she left without getting her ID, and now doesn’t plan to get one in time to vote.

Ms. Messinger never did get her ID, so she won't be voting in this election, but this fight is far from over for her. "I will do everything it takes to do something about what’s going on here, because this is crazy,” she said. “I’m 62 years old. I’ve been voting for a long time, and this is just bullshit."

Anyone who thinks this isn't about keeping the "wrong kind" of people from voting - and "wrong kind" doesn't mean "illegal immigrants; it means anyone not voting Republican - isn't paying attention.

I read this story the other day. It sounds ridiculous.. She decided to vote in Texas according to the article several years ago. She also states it took her months and months and hours upon hours to try and get her birth certificate from New York and she has been working on getting her DL for over a year? She is having issues with not one state but two states getting a proper ID for a DL-, one she needs to drive legally in the state she has decided to call home, something she has not done since living there for years and years according to her. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Sounds to me as if there is a bit of exaggeration going on. I needed my BC for my new passport ( since my first passport was obtained prior to 9-11 and the rules changed about signatures on BCs), it took ten minutes and bam, it was in the mail to me.

So why did it take her months and months ALMOST A YEAR according to her and hours and hours and hours to get a BC from NY? I know when you move to a new state and claim residence you need that states DL, you don't wait years and years to get one. She also says she is well traveled- sounds like she is FOS.

Maryland is the same:

Maryland: new residents must get an in-state driver’s license within sixty days of moving. If they do not, then they are considered to be driving without a valid driver’s license… which is a misdemeanor that can result in a fine of up to $500 and two months in jail.

But, according to Messinger Texas is full of Nazi's. Messinger decided to break the law for years and when she wanted something "ASAP" - she blames Texas for telling her the laws of the state she calls home, and ignores the fact "New York took nearly a year to send her birth certificate" - obviously there was more going on there.
usually their is something going on in cases like this.

The Pa. House Majority leader (R), said that voter ID ia about suppressing the vote.
Dear liberal turds: You need photo ID to get married in every state. But I don't see liberals, running with their limp wrists flailing, crying about racism. Should only gay whites be able to marry?
Could you do us a favor and take your homosexual hysterics and fantasies elsewhere? To each their own but I don`t need to read about your apparent obsession. Thanx in advance. "Liberal turds"? How fucking old are you anyway.

And the DOJ and Civil Rights division put out a letter sometime ago which shows it is BS,

It bears noting in this regard that an investigative report by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in November 2000 found that 5,412 votes had been cast in the name of deceased individuals in Georgia elections since 1980 -- some on multiple occasions -- and more than 15,000 dead people remained on the active voting rolls statewide at that time. See Jingle Davis, Even Death Can’t Stop Some Voters Records: Illegally Cast Ballots Not Rare, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, November 6, 2000

DDS has racial data on nearly 60 percent of its license and identification holders. Of those individuals, 28 percent are African-American, a percentage slightly higher than the African-American percentage of the voting age population in Georgia. These data indicate that, of the DDS applicants who register to vote, African-American Georgians hold DDS identification at a slightly higher rate

This is rather enlightening:

Election data from Georgia as
well as other states with voter identification requirements likewise reveals that, contrary to the presumptions of some, voter identification provisions have had no adverse impact on African-American voter turnout. For example, in the November 2000 election, the first presidential election in which Georgia’s original identification requirement was in effect, the Census Bureau reported that turnout of eligible African-American voters increased from the 1996 election, from 45.6% to 49.6%. White voter turnout, on the other hand, declined slightly from 52.3% to 52.2% after the voter identification requirement. In the November 2004 presidential election, when the new identification requirements of the Help America Vote Act of 2002 (“HAVA”) were first effective nationwide,5 the Census Bureau reported that the turnout among African-American voters in Georgia went up again, from 49.6% to 54.4%.

Florida, for example, passed an identification requirement in 1998. Yet African-American turnout in the presidential election, as a percentage of registration, actually increased from the 1996 to the 2000 election, and, significantly, at a higher rate than white turnout. After Alabama passed an identification requirement in 2002, the turnout rate of its African-American voters as a percentage of registration rose by 8.3 percentage points from the 2000 to the 2004 presidential election, or over twice the rate of increase among white voters, and the turnout rate among African-American voters in Alabama actually exceeded that of white voters.

Request Rejected

Request Rejected

I presume you have an actual verifiable source for that figure. Or, are we just pulling numbers out of our asses?
Maybe this will assist.
Stephen Ansolabehere; Eitan Hersh, 2012, "Replication data for: Validation: What Big Data Reveal About Survey Misreporting and the Real Electorate", Replication data for Validation What Big Data Reveal About Survey Misreporting and the Real Electorate - Political Analysis Dataverse - Harvard Dataverse Network IQSS Dataverse Network [Distributor] V2 [Version]

If they mean 6.4 percent of 11 million illegal immigrants… we’re talking about roughly 700,000 votes being cast by non-citizens in 2008. Stunning. If true, it refutes my earlier contention that proven cases of voter fraud would only swing elections in races that come down to a few hundred votes.
Jaw-Dropping Study Claims Large Numbers of Non-Citizens Vote in U.S. National Review Online
SS Administration is notified when someone dies and there is always a death certificate produced by the State when a person dies....why not purge the voter rolls of dead people when they Die? Leaving no room for voter fraud in person or via absentee ballot????

It is 6.4 percent of the voting age, Not the 11 million (Theyy do have a lot of children) AND this study is just lacking in substance imo.

Vetting should happen by the State when a person applies for their voter registration card.

ID Cards at the polls are useless since illegals get issued driver's licenses....they should be weeded out by the State in a vetting process and not on the voter rolls at all by election day.

Having a valid ID to prove who you are to vote and to only vote once is a pretty low bar for the most important event in a Republic.

If you're too stupid to clear that bar, maybe it's better off for society that you stay home and watch TV.

Being stupid and lazy is not being oppressed.

Things-requiring-voter-id.png

Mexico has very strict voter ID laws. Who knew they were such racists!

"Mexico's voter ID has some key elements that make them acceptable to the public, say officials here. They cost nothing to obtain and the issuing agency operates hundreds of service centers nationwide, making requests relatively easy.

Though some U.S. states allow people to vote without IDs, Mexico makes no exceptions for individuals lacking the proper documents. The Federal Electoral Institute also refused to extend the registration period or grant an amnesty for those applying late, leaving more than a million people ineligible to vote.

"It is a matter that has to do with a culture of respect for the law," Francisco Guerrero, one of the nine commissioners on the institute, told the newspaper Reforma.

The agency makes no apologies for the tough rules or requiring photo identifications, given Mexico's history of troubled elections. "We started from such a point of distrust, especially in the electoral system," institute commissioner María Marván said.

"In order to strengthen democracy, we have to start believing in our own institutions. That's a big challenge in Mexico."
Mexico s national voter IDs part of culture USATODAY.com

She's the one turning down the ID if you read the story. The trooper denies her allegations of arrest and jail. I'm not buying her bullshit.

America is worse than freaking third world countries who do secure their elections with voter ID.

Hell's bells even South Africa has a constitutional mandate that Voter ID is the law to be able to vote.

Get a grip.
Hundreds of millions of people can get voter ID in India; stupid Federal dependents here can do the same.

It's a fuckin' non-issue, straight out of Alinsky.

You have to show ID for your food stamps, welfare, Obamaphone and section 8 housing.

But having to show ID to vote is oppressive and/or racist. Got it.

food-stamps-liquor.png

Maybe this will assist.

SS Administration is notified when someone dies and there is always a death certificate produced by the State when a person dies....why not purge the voter rolls of dead people when they Die? Leaving no room for voter fraud in person or via absentee ballot????

It is 6.4 percent of the voting age, Not the 11 million (Theyy do have a lot of children) AND this study is just lacking in substance imo.

Vetting should happen by the State when a person applies for their voter registration card.

ID Cards at the polls are useless since illegals get issued driver's licenses....they should be weeded out by the State in a vetting process and not on the voter rolls at all by election day.
Maybe so but that hasn't stopped the dead from being redistered

Where is your link to that being a fact....because that's an awful lot of people.

I was just reading about this. The numbers come from a Harvard Study and Old Dominion University with numbers taken from Harvard's "Cooperative Congressional Election Study" .

Do non-citizens vote in U.S. elections

CCES

Could non-citizens decide the November election - The Washington Post

The issue is, have the numbers been interpreted in the correct manner, they have used %% of those admitting to voting without being a US citizen.

Get a grip.
What's the purpose of it, after you have already registered?
and so a democrat can't use you when you are dead.
And, again, I assume you have evidence of this actually happening? Not dead people on the rolls, but dead people actually voting?

Maryland is the same:

So, when I move to Maryland, and Have. No. Car, you are saying that if I don't get a Maryland license within 60 days, I am breaking the law? You see, you assume this lady drives. If she doesn't, and saw no reason to update a perfectly valid ID, why should she have?

Maybe this will assist.

Maybe so but that hasn't stopped the dead from being redistered
Oh! So, because family members of the deceased forget to removed their loved ones from voting rolls, that means that "Democrats are using dead people to vote". You do live in a twisted little world inside your head, don't you?

Maryland is the same:

usually their is something going on in cases like this.
Yes, there is - it's called voter suppression.

Get a grip.
When you have fewer number of days early voting, polling locations closed in Democratic districts, and Republicans admitting it's about voter suppression, then it's not about ID's dipshit. That's just one of the ploys.

Republicans are anti American. Anti democracy. They are truly the party of "let him die".

Forum List

Back