🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

YES, America CERTAINLY WAS FOUNDED as a CHRISTIAN NATION...

Paine desired to be buried in the Quaker cemetery. The Quakers were quite willing to do so, but . . . To do so, he had to make an attestation of faith. He refused and was buried elsewhere.

Thomas Paine was denied burial in a Christian cemetery. Dr. Manley states that he was greatly distressed concerning his interment. Madame Bonneville says: "He wished to be buried in the Quaker burying ground. ... The committee of the Quakers refused to receive his body, at which he seemed deeply moved." A renunciation of his Infidel opinions -- a simple acknowledgment of Jesus Christ -- would have secured him a burial place in any Christian cemetery. He was buried on his farm.

At that time, there were many that were not buried in specific church graveyards. Many churches denied anyone that was not a member burial in their graveyards, especially if they seemed to publicly go against that particular denominations teachings.

That Jefferson, Paine, Franklin, and Allan were deists or non-Christians has been conclusively proven in this thread and elsewhere.

That logical4u refuses to accept the truth is her problem. Her objections are overruled by the clear and convincing facts.

Paine was not a Christian.

You and Paine both share a great deal of unrequited anger.

Thomas Paine was denied burial in a Christian cemetery. Dr. Manley states that he was greatly distressed concerning his interment. Madame Bonneville says: "He wished to be buried in the Quaker burying ground. ... The committee of the Quakers refused to receive his body, at which he seemed deeply moved." A renunciation of his Infidel opinions -- a simple acknowledgment of Jesus Christ -- would have secured him a burial place in any Christian cemetery. He was buried on his farm.

What's your point? Paine was an angry ahole.

Paine made references to the Lord in Common Sense. Where does "Paine" say that he is not a Christian?

You are so desperate to insert your gods into the constitution that even an obligatory closing salutation is cause to promote your religion.

With all that had been posted in the thread, are you still hoping to make the not-so-subtle allusion to the FF's establishing a Christian nation? If that was the FF's intention, they clearly could have written out Yahweh, Horatio H Christ or a similar, unique identifier.

But they didn't.

Hollie, if I speak slower will you get it? No one is claiming the date promotes Christianity. You continue to argue against a strawman of your own fabrication.:cuckoo:
Your agenda is clear. You have a need and desire to have a connection with christianity tied to the constitution. That was not the intention of the FF's.

You were giddy with excitement that "lord" appeared as a closing salutation in the text of an amendment.

Contain your enthuaism. It was not what you hoped for.

Your "agenda" is clear. You despise the Lord and anyone that believes in Him. It shows in you absolute intolerance for anything Christian.

I am Christian, covered in the Blood of the Lamb. I call Him Lord and he calls me by my first name. The great majority of Christians believe as I, in the separation of church and state, have faith this is the desire of our God. Our land is one that is generally Christian, but the government was created secular by the Founders.

Why does this bother you? Are you a better Christian? Do you believe this is a salvation issue?

Hollie, if I speak slower will you get it? No one is claiming the date promotes Christianity. You continue to argue against a strawman of your own fabrication.:cuckoo:
Your agenda is clear. You have a need and desire to have a connection with christianity tied to the constitution. That was not the intention of the FF's.

You were giddy with excitement that "lord" appeared as a closing salutation in the text of an amendment.

Your "agenda" is clear. You despise the Lord and anyone that believes in Him. It shows in you absolute intolerance for anything Christian.

You mistake the enthusiasm. If I showed enthusiasm, its because it proved you haven't even read the constitution and you were WRONG when you said it didn't contain a reference to God. Ha!!!:lol::badgrin::lol::badgrin:
Specifically, the closing salutation was "in the year of our lord...", no mention of god(s). Yet another attempt to place your gods in the constitution.

Further, if you ever read the history surrounding the writing of the constitution, would should have been clear that the FF's chose not to include references to a specific god(s).

The year of "our" Lord is a specific God. It is an accurate reference to the date that Yeshua was born. Not a god, not Allah, not Krishna, not Buddah, but Yeshua.
Pretending that is was just a legal term is a falsehood. The Bill of Rights did not contain that reference in the date.

No one was trying to put something in the Constitution that was not there. You and your ilk have been trying to remove the basis for this country (free worship of the Lord, and the blessings that come from serving Him) for decades. You ignore historical facts that many of the first congress were ministers. You ignore that the gov't printed Bibles. You ignore that prayer was extremely important (Ben Franklin called FF to pray to help them form a gov't) to the FF.

No one is telling you must become a Christian. No one is telling you that you must worship the Lord (we might tell you what is said in the Bible, but that is not us, and we have no authority over your location for eternity). Why are you trying to deny facts and history? Why are you soooo offended that Christians were responsible for the Constitution and the gov't of this country?

UR is pretending that he never argued that Paine, Jefferson, Franklin, and Allan were Christians.

His a typical far right extremist reactionary who accuses other people of saying things they didn't so that he can attack them.

He is fail as a poster here.

I think you might be confused. I gave quotes from all of them indicating that they did indeed believe in the Lord and publicly called on the Lord to assist or bless those they felt needed it.

Now you are engaged in saying I said two things I did not say. You are a typical far right extremist in your dishonorable behavior.

Jefferson was not a Christian, end of story.

I am not saying you said Jefferson didn't go to church. I said you said he went to church to fake people out and appease them. Geez!!! This is what I get for trying to argue logical points with high schoolers. You can't even remember what you wrote a couple pages back. Who can argue with someone that can't even follow the argument?

It's a misrepresentation to claim Jefferson was a Christian. In his bible, Jefferson dismisses two thirds of the trinity: Jesus as savior and the resurrection. What remains is a creator and not the Christian god.

He was a Deist.

Did Jefferson ever write: I do not believe in Yeshua? Did he ever write: I am not a Christian? In "his" Bible, did he ever write: these are my beliefs?

It shouldn't be difficult to understand that in the context of the time, "Lord" defined a very specific deity.

Yes, but no one here is going to forget you claimed the word Lord was not in the Constitution. Everyone knows our date system is a direct reference to Christ. To deny that is absolute foolishness. "Year of our Lord" is a direct reference to Christ.
So which dating system prevalent in the 18th century would a person have to use if he did not want to refer to the Lord.

I'll wait while you Google some more fail. :eusa_whistle:

There was an Arabic calendar. There was a mayan calendar. They could have been "prideful" and started their own calendar. They could have simply left out "the year of our Lord" with just the date.

Yes, but no one here is going to forget you claimed the word Lord was not in the Constitution. Everyone knows our date system is a direct reference to Christ. To deny that is absolute foolishness. "Year of our Lord" is a direct reference to Christ.
In your need to force hey-Zeus into the constitution, you are not understanding that in the context of that prior comment, I was referring to the FF's deliberate exclusion of any specific gods in the formulation of the constitution.

You have this desperate need to force your gods onto those around you. Fortunately, the constitution protects me from people like you by providing freedom from your religion.

No one is trying to force the Lord onto you. "Christians" believe that spiritual belief is personal. If you have a good relationship with the Lord, you will try to live according to his teachings. If you do not have a good relationship, it is very clear to most Christians that are trying by your deceit, corruption and rejection of the Lord (not tolerance of another's beliefs, but absolute attacks on the Lord, a Being they declare "imaginated").

It is clear by your posts that you not only embrace corruption, but practice deceit as well. You refuse to list any evidence/links that this nation had this great variety of religions, other than Christianity at its founding.

The first Amendment:
"Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Religion comes FIRST, before the freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, or the right to assemble. Now for the intellectually dishonest: if there were no other religions besides Christianity, isn't it clear that this Constitution was written, agreed to and for: Christians? Because that same Constitution works well for other faiths has no bearing on the original discussion of this thread.

you, sir, are a moron of the first water.

kudos

I am Christian, covered in the Blood of the Lamb. I call Him Lord and he calls me by my first name. The great majority of Christians believe as I, in the separation of church and state, have faith this is the desire of our God. Our land is one that is generally Christian, but the government was created secular by the Founders.

Why does this bother you? Are you a better Christian? Do you believe this is a salvation issue?

This does not bother me at all. It is what I have been saying all along, that the Constitution was written, signed, and made for Christians. No where did I say that there was any plan (in fact the was a hinderance to) for a "state" declared denomination. Thank you for finally seeing the obvious.

To the other: no where did you or anyone else provide evidence that the people named declared themselves not to be Christian. The Quakers may have wanted Jefferson to ploclaim that he believed as "they" did (not necessarily that he didn't believe in Yeshua).

Now you are engaged in saying I said two things I did not say. You are a typical far right extremist in your dishonorable behavior.

No one said Jefferson did not go to church. UR is telling a lie, a typical far extremist tactic to accuse someone of doing or saying something they did not.

I am not saying you said Jefferson didn't go to church. I said you said he went to church to fake people out and appease them. Geez!!! This is what I get for trying to argue logical points with high schoolers. You can't even remember what you wrote a couple pages back. Who can argue with someone that can't even follow the argument?

If he wanted a political career, of course it did.

Are you reading the posts? Your comments are irrelevant and make absolutely no sense in the context of my post. Your are sounding more like Hawly with each passing page.

UR is pretending that he never argued that Paine, Jefferson, Franklin, and Allan were Christians.

His a typical far right extremist reactionary who accuses other people of saying things they didn't so that he can attack them.

I never argued that and you, sir, are a liar if you say I did. Please provide supporting evidence, ie, find my post. I'm still waiting for your evidence of Washington refusing communion.

It shouldn't be difficult to understand that in the context of the time, "Lord" defined a very specific deity.

So which dating system prevalent in the 18th century would a person have to use if he did not want to refer to the Lord.

I'll wait while you Google some more fail. :eusa_whistle:

I don't need to google it Dork. It's called the Gregorian calendar for your info and everyone in the 18th century would have used it. Had you actually read the posts you might have understood that all anyone was arguing against was Hollie's claim there was no reference to Christ in the Constitution. There is a reference to Christ in the Constitution, even if it was just the date. I was not claiming anymore implications other than the mere date. You have created a strawman which you are arguing against. Keep arguing against yourself and whatever imagined implicaton you can credit me with. You won't find any post of me arguing anything other than the fact the term "year of our Lord" is a reference to Christ.

Last edited:
Thomas Jefferson would not be accepted as a member in any of the far right conservative christian denominations today. Of course, he would spurn conservative christians today as awful hypocrites and subject to the judgements of Jesus Christ.

Lie. All sinners and unbelievers are welcome.

That Jefferson, Paine, Franklin, and Allan were deists or non-Christians has been conclusively proven in this thread and elsewhere.

That logical4u refuses to accept the truth is her problem. Her objections are overruled by the clear and convincing facts.

In order for this statement to be true, you would have to state what definition of Diest you are referring to.

So you believe the government was created secular. Got that. Do you believe this was a Christian Nation or is now?

One, which particular incidents?

Two, did they use the terms 'Jesus', 'the Christ', 'Our Father', or other terms clearly referring to the Christian god.

Without the above, your statement below means nothing.

I think you might be confused. I gave quotes from all of them indicating that they did indeed believe in the Lord and publicly called on the Lord to assist or bless those they felt needed it.

His writings clearly reveal that he did not believe in Jesus as the son of God or divine. You know that.

It's a misrepresentation to claim Jefferson was a Christian. In his bible, Jefferson dismisses two thirds of the trinity: Jesus as savior and the resurrection. What remains is a creator and not the Christian god.

He was a Deist.

Did Jefferson ever write: I do not believe in Yeshua? Did he ever write: I am not a Christian? In "his" Bible, did he ever write: these are my beliefs?

Forum List

Back