You are on your own, California

from your first link

makes you conclusion total BULLSHIT

How does it make my conclusion total bullshit exactly?

By the way, be honest. I didn't have a conclusion, I just posted what the Texas Department of Transportation said. So you are arguing with their conclusion, not mine.
no
you found a site that twisted what they said to fit your desired outcome

typical for the dishonest liberal fuck that you are

What? Who twisted what who said exactly. That line I keep quoting is an exact quote from the Texas Department of Transportation. What exactly is your comprehension issue here?

from your first link

makes you conclusion total BULLSHIT

How does it make my conclusion total bullshit exactly?

By the way, be honest. I didn't have a conclusion, I just posted what the Texas Department of Transportation said. So you are arguing with their conclusion, not mine.
no
you found a site that twisted what they said to fit your desired outcome

typical for the dishonest liberal fuck that you are

Feel free to try and find a site that says something different. Good luck with that.

You seem to have missed this part.
the roads in texas are paid for by the gas tax

PERIOD
as well as a BUNCH of OTHER shit that should not come from the gas tax
take that OTHER shit out and the gas tax would MORE than pay for all the roads

I've posted proof that this is NOT the case. See the below statement again. Read it carefully and slowly.

This is just one example, but there is not one road in Texas that pays for itself based on the tax system of today. Some roads pay for about half their true cost, but most roads we have analyzed pay for considerably less.
again, you can NOT take just ONE road
that is DISHONEST

the roads in texas are paid for by the gas tax

PERIOD
as well as a BUNCH of OTHER shit that should not come from the gas tax
take that OTHER shit out and the gas tax would MORE than pay for all the roads

I've posted proof that this is NOT the case. See the below statement again. Read it carefully and slowly.

This is just one example, but there is not one road in Texas that pays for itself based on the tax system of today. Some roads pay for about half their true cost, but most roads we have analyzed pay for considerably less.
that is DISHONEST

Umm, what? There is no road that pays for itself...so taking multiple roads, each of which don't pay for themselves doesn't really do much.

you dont take a single road and get the gas tax from that road
i know i drive on MANY different roads
but i dont pay gas tax on each of those roads
so your examples are pure BULLSHIT

Do you really believe that there is only a single road that leads from all the suburbs into Toronto?

Do you really believe that there is only a single road that leads from all the suburbs into Toronto?
no, that is exactly my point
you can NOT take a single road as an example

that is DISHONEST

Umm, what? There is no road that pays for itself...so taking multiple roads, each of which don't pay for themselves doesn't really do much.
wrong, the gas tax pays for ALL of the roads PLUS other things

They didn't. There is NO road in Texas that pays for itself. Its not just a single road. None of them pay for itself. They looked at a single road to figure out how much it would cost to pay for that particular road, just as an example, but as far as comparing how much it costs to pay for roads v. how much is taken in via the gas tax, it costs a LOT more to pay for roads than is generated via the gas tax.

They didn't. There is NO road in Texas that pays for itself. Its not just a single road. None of them pay for itself. They looked at a single road to figure out how much it would cost to pay for that particular road, just as an example, but as far as comparing how much it costs to pay for roads v. how much is taken in via the gas tax, it costs a LOT more to pay for roads than is generated via the gas tax.
yeah sure
thats why they use fuel tax for things OTHER than roads
:rolleyes:

yeah sure

Thats because its a general fund. They don't use the fuel tax for other things than roads, they put the fuel tax into a pool of money (along with money from other sources), and from there some of that money gets used on roads, and some on other funds.

yeah sure

Thats because its a general fund. They don't use the fuel tax for other things than roads, they put the fuel tax into a pool of money (along with money from other sources), and from there some of that money gets used on roads, and some on other funds.
and the revenues from the gas tax more than covers the cost of the roads

yeah sure

Proof of this?

I'm not taking a single road. I am taking a large urban area of nearly 6 million people with a complex system of roads around a city that has 2 million cars a day driving about.

And in the study, the concluded that the urban dwellers subsidized the suburbanites because a disproportionate amount of the urban dwellers taxes were going to maintain the infrastructure and hence the lifestyle of the people in the suburbs.

Unless there is a disparate tax system such that suburbanites pay significantly higher taxes to fund the infrastructure, there is no reason to think that this would not apply to most major North American cities.

I'm not taking a single road. I am taking a large urban area of nearly 6 million people with a complex system of roads around a city that has 2 million cars a day driving about.

And in the study, the concluded that the urban dwellers subsidized the suburbanites because a disproportionate amount of the urban dwellers taxes were going to maintain the infrastructure and hence the lifestyle of the people in the suburbs.

Unless there is a disparate tax system such that suburbanites pay significantly higher taxes to fund the infrastructure, there is no reason to think that this would not apply to most major North American cities.
yes, but they still paid for the use of the roads
and the tax structure is vastly different in Canada than it is here

Proof of this?
the proof is in the FACT that gas taxes also fund bus service and ferry's and other non road things

yes, but they still paid for the use of the roads
and the tax structure is vastly different in Canada than it is here

No...the point is that other people paid for the use of the roads. People who don't use them very much (urbanites).

Forum List

Back