🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

you can't make this stuff up. wtf?

when did i become a liberal?

just curious. do i get a lapel pin?

I don't think I called you a liberal.

I was referring to the members of the media that are/were going "ZOMFG, PALIN!!!" I wasn't talking about anyone on the board. Sorry I wasn't clear.

being clear would be pretty gross, especially on spaghetti night.

no worries, although i would like a lapel pin

Here ya go:

hammer-and-sickle-pin.jpg

:D

I'm actually now quite interested in the outcome of the campaign, so I'm gonna email the Foundation as ask what, if any, evaluation they have planned and what, if any, follow up campaigns they have in the pipeline.

Keep us posted as I seriously don't think it's gonna work. Like I've said before, the Simon says method of teaching doesn't work. Parents always want their kids to learn from their mistakes but the kids always insist on making their own mistakes....

I suppose , given the level of pure hatred in American politics today, it's not enough to merely hate the politicians. No, apparently, we have to hate their spouses and children as well. It's gone past inappropriate, to just plain vile and despicable!

I don't think, I know, that some of the people hare blasting Sarah Palin's kids (whatever you think of her) would be screaming bloody murder, and shouting "Racism!" at the top of your lungs, if anyone on the right tried to drag Obama's kids through the muck like this; and to tell the truth, you'd be right to say it. So why is it, that Bristol, and even Trig, Palin are fair game? Whatever else you people on the Left believe about yourselves, one thing is for certain; conservatives have no monopoly on hate! YOU certainly have NO compunctions whatever, about hating when you think it suits your desired end. Your side has demonstrated that repeatedly, until I think, that for you, there are no limits; ANYTHING, ANY tactic, ANY filth, ANY attack, however vile, is fine with you, if it's aimed at someone on the right; family takes? Perfectly OK. Attacking someone's children? Perfectly fair. Get any of it, the least bit, slung back at politicians YOU favor, and all of a sudden, you grow a conscience and a sense of outrage. I've watched Liberals be "as nasty as we wanna be" for forty years; I've been on the receiving end of some of it myself-"peace, love and compassion" my arse, you sanctimonious hypocrites! Yet, get any of it back, and you're the first to howl about how "thoroughly mean-spirited" everyone on the right is.

I dislike Obama, at least as much as you dislike Palin. I can't stand his politics, and I have increasing reservations about the man's personal character. Now, you libs find me ONE post, where I've said ANYTHING, anything at all, negative about his wife, or his kids. You won't find one. You want find one, because this "mean, evil conservative" is not going to go there. Some things are just wrong; some things really ought to be out-of-bounds. It's a pity, that some of you are so blinded by your zeal to remake America in the supposed perfection of your own image, that you can't see that.

Note the bold, which is what I am addressing:

Because Mommy and Daddy brought them in the spotlight themselves?
The Obama's keep their kids OUT of the spotlight as much as possible. Maybe thats the difference.
And, once the Palins shoved their family in our faces while talking about family values as her kid is knocked up then appears on tv shows and is now spokesperson for abstinence, they are not to be discussed? I find that a bit strange. And one sided.

Just sayin'.

I suppose , given the level of pure hatred in American politics today, it's not enough to merely hate the politicians. No, apparently, we have to hate their spouses and children as well. It's gone past inappropriate, to just plain vile and despicable!

I don't think, I know, that some of the people hare blasting Sarah Palin's kids (whatever you think of her) would be screaming bloody murder, and shouting "Racism!" at the top of your lungs, if anyone on the right tried to drag Obama's kids through the muck like this; and to tell the truth, you'd be right to say it. So why is it, that Bristol, and even Trig, Palin are fair game? Whatever else you people on the Left believe about yourselves, one thing is for certain; conservatives have no monopoly on hate! YOU certainly have NO compunctions whatever, about hating when you think it suits your desired end. Your side has demonstrated that repeatedly, until I think, that for you, there are no limits; ANYTHING, ANY tactic, ANY filth, ANY attack, however vile, is fine with you, if it's aimed at someone on the right; family takes? Perfectly OK. Attacking someone's children? Perfectly fair. Get any of it, the least bit, slung back at politicians YOU favor, and all of a sudden, you grow a conscience and a sense of outrage. I've watched Liberals be "as nasty as we wanna be" for forty years; I've been on the receiving end of some of it myself-"peace, love and compassion" my arse, you sanctimonious hypocrites! Yet, get any of it back, and you're the first to howl about how "thoroughly mean-spirited" everyone on the right is.

I dislike Obama, at least as much as you dislike Palin. I can't stand his politics, and I have increasing reservations about the man's personal character. Now, you libs find me ONE post, where I've said ANYTHING, anything at all, negative about his wife, or his kids. You won't find one. You want find one, because this "mean, evil conservative" is not going to go there. Some things are just wrong; some things really ought to be out-of-bounds. It's a pity, that some of you are so blinded by your zeal to remake America in the supposed perfection of your own image, that you can't see that.

The Obama's keep their kids OUT of the spotlight as much as possible. Maybe thats the difference.
And, once the Palins shoved their family in our faces while talking about family values as her kid is knocked up then appears on tv shows and is now spokesperson for abstinence, they are not to be discussed? I find that a bit strange. And one sided.

Just sayin'.
Michelle and Barack also brought their children to the limelight. But, I choose to leave them alone. It's the right thing to do.

Just sayin'.
Michelle and Barack also brought their children to the limelight. But, I choose to leave them alone. It's the right thing to do.

Of course it is the right thing to do.... but, you know, if one of the Obama kids - in a few years time - ended up in the same situation as Bristol.... I would be equally defensive of her as I am of Bristol. And, if that kid then hit 20 and decided to work to stop other kids from making the same decisions.... I would be absolutely supportive of that kid doing it. Whether I agree with their parents politics or not.

But, let's not forget... apparently, Sarah Palin is responsible for this... because she uses facebook and won't shut the fuck up. Now, that.... that is seriously funny shit.

Nice dig Cali. I think I will stay away, I like being able to post here. ;)

The only person who can stop you posting here is you, Luissa. I have no responsibility for other people posting shit that gets them banned. But... of course, you know that already.

Just sayin'.

Of course it is the right thing to do.... but, you know, if one of the Obama kids - in a few years time - ended up in the same situation as Bristol.... I would be equally defensive of her as I am of Bristol. And, if that kid then hit 20 and decided to work to stop other kids from making the same decisions.... I would be absolutely supportive of that kid doing it. Whether I agree with their parents politics or not.

But, let's not forget... apparently, Sarah Palin is responsible for this... because she uses facebook and won't shut the fuck up. Now, that.... that is seriously funny shit.

I've defended Bristol myself....I just think she isn't the best person to do this commercial.

I've defended Bristol myself....I just think she isn't the best person to do this commercial.

Actually, I'm not 100% convinced she is either, however.... she may have been the best of the people that they had available. They have to work with whoever will do it.

But I disagree with you on the 'Simon says' thing. Of course, kids don't listen to their parents. But... they do listen to their 'peers', and Bristol is one of those.

Actually, I'm not 100% convinced she is either, however.... she may have been the best of the people that they had available. They have to work with whoever will do it.

But I disagree with you on the 'Simon says' thing. Of course, kids don't listen to their parents. But... they do listen to their 'peers', and Bristol is one of those.

Yeah, exactly, she's one of them and she has a child, what a great example.

Actually, she is a good example. The ad is basically saying 'not everyone is as lucky as I am.... and showing how most teens will end up.... struggling to get by and raise a kid'.

Bear in mind, we don't know that she was their first choice.... we don't know if they approached others who turned it down. There's a lot we don't know about how Bristol came to be their spokesperson, but, frankly, I just don't have a problem with anyone giving kids a reality check about having a kid. I don't care who it is.

Actually, she is a good example. The ad is basically saying 'not everyone is as lucky as I am.... and showing how most teens will end up.... struggling to get by and raise a kid'.

Bear in mind, we don't know that she was their first choice.... we don't know if they approached others who turned it down. There's a lot we don't know about how Bristol came to be their spokesperson, but, frankly, I just don't have a problem with anyone giving kids a reality check about having a kid. I don't care who it is.

It's even worse than I thought...

In 2009, Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol joined a teen pregnancy prevention nonprofit called the Candie’s Foundation. Today, the Associated Press reported that the Candie’s Foundation released its 2009 tax information, revealing that Bristol was paid a salary of $262,500.

But a closer examination of the tax form by ThinkProgress shows that the group disbursed only $35,000 in grants to actual teen pregnancy health and counseling clinics: $25,000 to the Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center and $10,000 to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.

Non-Profit Pays Bristol Palin $262,500, Donates Only $35,000 to Charity - E.D. Kain - American Times - Forbes

They paid her than 5 times what they actually spent on the goal of the charity. Only a fool would give to that charity.

In 2009, Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol joined a teen pregnancy prevention nonprofit called the Candie’s Foundation. Today, the Associated Press reported that the Candie’s Foundation released its 2009 tax information, revealing that Bristol was paid a salary of $262,500.

But a closer examination of the tax form by ThinkProgress shows that the group disbursed only $35,000 in grants to actual teen pregnancy health and counseling clinics: $25,000 to the Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center and $10,000 to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.

Non-Profit Pays Bristol Palin $262,500, Donates Only $35,000 to Charity - E.D. Kain - American Times - Forbes

They paid her than 5 times what they actually spent on the goal of the charity. Only a fool would give to that charity.

We've already discussed this. You're a tad late to jump on this bandwagon. The fact is that they are not a grant giving charity... their core function is campaigning. The $35k they donated to other charities was surplus money.

I do wish people could get their facts straight before they get all outraged about this shit.

bristol palin has been hired to be the poster child for teen abstinence for $262K

really? really.

"Teen mom Bristol Palin, now 20, scored $262,000 in 2009 as Candie’s Foundation ambassador promoting abstinence.

Let me get this straight: Candie’s paid a teen mom a quarter-million dollars to tell other teens not to become teen moms?

According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

What incredible challenges? Like walking the red carpet and mastering the paso doble on “Dancing with the Stars”?"

Teen mom Bristol Palin’s hefty check gives birth to outrage - BostonHerald.com

cut the shit

The only reason this bothers you so much is it has the name of Palin attached to it.

Shows you how much people hate this woman.Anyone else's kid does this and no one notices it.

Kinda sad actually that some people take whatever this woman does and some times stuff she doesn't and uses it to get them so worked up that they even spend time writing about it.

And then I have to respond to point out the hate in these people...

Why can't we just leave the stupid shit alone and work on the fact that this country is about to destroy itself with incredible debt brought on by this administration. :eusa_pray:

yeah, no other admin ever put us into debt.

anyone else's kid wouldn't get a quarter mill.

no hate involved

have a lovely day

but

didn't the previous administration actually put us in this debt?

we had bush until about 2 years ago
and during bushes years the rich corporate heads were ruining America

until
just before bush left they announced: gosh! we took all the money as salaries, gratuties and bonuses and now our corporations are going to go bankrupt UNLESS the government gives us MORE money (from which we will give ourselves MORE bonuses)

and bush, prior to leaving, said "the fedreal govenrment MUST give them bailout money!"

so obama pretty much had NO CHOICE but to pay up.....

which makes it LOOK AS THOUGH his administration added significantly to the budget

cus
what spending has obama orchestrated (beyond the big bailout) in his time in office that could lead to such a large budget deficit increase?

roads?
nope

power plants?
nope

space program?
nope

if the budget deficit has increased during obamas tenure then it is because of failed republican policies of the past 10 years and NOT because obama is a big spending liberal

Then if the intent is to show struggling teen mothers, they should HAVE a struggling teen mother..or mothers being the mouth piece.... not some pampered, spoiled, well taken care of, not struggling for anything, brat who got knocked up, talking about it.

I am not sure ANY teen mother being offered that much money would turn it down. I think they chose her because of her name value.

As far as i am concerned bristol is not a reality check to teen motherhood...

Last edited:
Bristol is peer to nobody.
And those who are new to the discussion should be able to discuss it at length, dont you think? Or since its already been talked about....then its off limits to those who havent talked about it...yet?

Just askin'.

I think this is very telling information and without it being stated in this thread, I would have never known about it.

Forum List

Back