You go Girl! Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Plans Bill to Boost Top Individual Tax Rate to 59%

en
Last time I looked there are always hundreds of driving adds which is not surprising for an industry that has a 70% turn-over rate.
How does one talk one into a recession? Have you looked at rate cons lately?
Because of Republicans, the chance of you fully retiring is very slim.

Millennials are the absolute certified most ignorant group of Americans in it's history. This is echoed everywhere. it's common knowledge now. Even terminally stupid Leftists know it

So if you're a Millennial, at least there's a known reason for such nonsense.....but if you're NOT a Millennial......

O - M - G !

Where are the rich going to move their monies?

Anywhere. Doesn't matter where. Anywhere would be better, than being under the tax system that AOC just proposed. Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, Finland even. Anywhere.

A wealth tax, will make anywhere in the entire world, preferable to here. If I have $200 Million to spend on a vacation home.... that home in the US is going to be taxed, and elsewhere it will not. I'm not talking property tax, that everyone pays... but a tax on the unrealized capital gain. No where else does that, although France tried it and repealed it because it was a huge failure.

So anywhere else, is going to be preferable to here, under AOC's system.

The wealthy pay a higher tax in Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, Finland even. Anywhere.

The 59% tax rate minus established deductions would be an effective (actual) tax of the same percentage that you pay. Shouldn't the wealthy pay the same percentage as you?
They should pay what is enough to fund the state. In their own interest. The Romans didn´t become a world power by amassing debt, the ended being one because they were out of cash, by the way.

- increase taxes
- reduce spending

Sooner or later it will come, the sooner the softer it will be.

They should pay what is enough to fund the state.

How much is that?
Ask Trump who wanted to reduce debt but then shoveled your money to the big shots.

I am the "big shot."

That bitch knows what she is doing
Long overdue

Also tax Capital Gains at the same rate as personal income
you are going to create the largest underground economy in human history. And it will also entail massive stealing of supplies before they get to the stores even. When people are outpriced, they find other ways. Especially if the product is defective in the first place.

State and multi-state lotteries contribute towards schools and various other entities that are in need of funding. So let's say a multi-state lottery is 100 million bucks one time cash value. Now if you hit, the federal government is going to take around 60 million dollars of that. Then you have your state and local taxes to mess with. So out of that 100 million, you end up with about 30 million in cash.

Now if you invest or save that money, the federal government is going to keep taking their share annually. Even if it's in assets, you better have the cash to support those assets at tax time.

Eventually they will tax you out of wealth and perhaps leave you with enough so you don't have to find a job. Are you going to continue to play those lottery games at a 120 million to one odds?

The bigger chunk if not most State lottery money goes to the general funds.

It doesn't matter where it goes, it's gone. Government will take almost all your winnings.

Do the math. You take a lump sum of $1M. GO!

So who would play the lottery with those ridiculous odds for one million dollars? Not many. I don't play them now with the jackpots and taxation they have.

Wherever they get taxed less, maybe to other countries out of the reach of greedy liberals. Just like the yacht tax decimated the American yacht industry because the rich simply bought foreign built yachts, the wealthy will not sit still and let you or anyone take their wealth.

Liberals never seem to realize that human nature always makes tax schemes generate less than they're projected to, because people protect what they've earned.

Anywhere. Doesn't matter where. Anywhere would be better, than being under the tax system that AOC just proposed. Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, Finland even. Anywhere.

A wealth tax, will make anywhere in the entire world, preferable to here. If I have $200 Million to spend on a vacation home.... that home in the US is going to be taxed, and elsewhere it will not. I'm not talking property tax, that everyone pays... but a tax on the unrealized capital gain. No where else does that, although France tried it and repealed it because it was a huge failure.

The wealthy pay a higher tax in Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, Finland even. Anywhere.

The 59% tax rate minus established deductions would be an effective (actual) tax of the same percentage that you pay. Shouldn't the wealthy pay the same percentage as you?

Bug eyes is talking about taxing you on your assets and wealth every year. So if you hit the lottery for lets say 100 million, the government will take 70 million right of the top. Then every year, the Democrats will analyze what you have left in cash and assets, and tax you on that.

Shouldn't the wealthy pay the same percentage as you?

You think I pay 70% in income taxes?

Bloomberg ^ | November 15, 2019

No excerpt from Bloomberg allowed, story here. She wants a 59% top income tax rate and to tax unrealized capital gains yearly, including real estate and business holdings.

REMEMBER VOTE DEMONRAT SO YOU CAN GO BROKE AND HAVE TO GIVE YOUR HOUSE TO AN ILLEGAL INVADER, OR MUSLIM TERRORIST!

Long overdue

She knows what she's doing? You mean the same woman that didn't know what a garbage disposal was???

I'm a truck driver, and I know more than she does. I learned many years ago that the reason capital gains taxes are low is to encourage investments: investments in business, investments in the stock market, investments in real estate, investments period.

So how would one discourage investments? Do precisely what you and dingbat support. There goes our stock market with all our IRA money. There goes business expansion and hiring. There goes home purchases and other real estate investments. And of course, there goes our thriving economy.

The majority of those that have investments in which you wrote won't be effected.

You're a truck driver. Have you noticed that the holiday surge hasn't begun yet? Your industry is in a full-blown recession.

Last time I looked, there were hundreds of driving ads. You and the other commies are not going to talk us into a recession. It won't work this time. Everybody is busy, everybody is working more than their share of hours. Everybody is fine.

Yes, it will affect my investments because it's the rich people who move the market in my direction. When I retire, I want my IRA as high as possible.

Last time I looked there are always hundreds of driving adds which is not surprising for an industry that has a 70% turn-over rate.

How does one talk one into a recession? Have you looked at rate cons lately?

Because of Republicans, the chance of you fully retiring is very slim.

Lies have worked very well in the past for liberals. Weak minded liberal minds are easy to manipulate. It's like play dough for a child.

If they can convince people the end is near, they quit spending. When they quit spending, it has an impact on sales which results in a slower economy.

Right now there is an impeachment going on. Trump did nothing wrong, but the puppet masters convinced their sheep that he did, and they just believe them. We ask for them to point to what Trump did wrong, and they can't do it. All they know is what to say, not how to think.

So if wealthy people losing their wealth helps NO ONE........ then why do you care? You know why? Greed, and Envy. That's the reason you care. It doesn't help anyone, for the Walton's to be poor.

You know this. You know it would help no one. The reason you care how much a wealthy person has, is because if you can't have it, then darn it no one should.

That's it. An entire ideology of greed and envy.

What a bunch of nonsense.
I want more Americans to be successful.

Business plan A with One Owner:
Company profits 10 Million a year.
Company has 50 employees, Owner takes 8 million, while paying the average worker $40,000 for that year.

Business plan B with One Owner:
Company has 50 employees, Owner takes 6 million, while paying the average worker $80,000 for that year.

Business plan C with One Owner:
Company has 50 employees, Owner takes 5 million, while paying the average worker $100,000 for that year.

I see Company C as a very successful Business, an Owner making Millions per year, and workers that are in the upper middle class.
I see Company A as a very successful Business, and Owner making Millions per year, and workers making millions for the owner while themselves making less than a median salary Nationwide.

Tell me you support business Plan C and can agree that Business Plan A's owner has a Greedy and Uncaring attitude for his/her workers.

Then why don't you open up Company C and see how long you stay in business.

I own company C and I'm doing VERY well.

You probably don't even own your appliances. If you actually did own a company C, you would have been out of business a long time ago due to competition.

in 2020 i'm voting for the candidate who promises to end private prisons, end the crisis at the border, undo all of Trump's executive orders, end the ICE raids that are terrorizing communities

so i dont have many demands as you see!

Yes, the amount of government programs goes up and down big deal. They all have Healthcare daycare paid
parental leave cheap college and training great vacations and infrastructure to a greater extent than we have that's for sure and we are the richest country in the world. The worst inequality and upward Mobility is what we have after 35 years of GOP dominance and obstruction. A disgrace only the brainwash of you idiots makes this possible.

And you continue to ignore us paying for their defense. Naturally.
Possibly because it's not true. what about the seven million refugees they have had for years now while we took like 10,000 of them and we caused by which I mean the GOP caused the problem.

We pay for most of Europe’s defense. Just witness the whining and complaining when Trump wanted NATO countries to pay what they were obligated to pay.
bologna,
people were complaining because that was just right wing bulshit parotted by the orange clown, brainwashed functional moron.

Anything you don't want to hear, just claim it's propaganda. Nobody will ever notice. Failing that, just blame it on your favorite straw man. IOW, you funny.
the Europeans have already agreed to what we wanted, that's why this is b*******.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0ZKxC3SlyzaNe7Cl4bRnHQ&cshid=1574035285985 pop

25 years ago we never would have seen Republicans supporting a Russian Dictatorship

So far, we still haven't. Outside of a few delusional Lefties.
You clowns sure are a comedy act.

However, we DID IN FACT see a Democrat President (Obama) supporting the overthrow of Egypts Democracy by the Muslim Brotherhood by empowering and supporting Morsi, a Muslim Dictator.
Who would have thought we would ever see a Republican President taking the side of a Russian Dictator over our own intelligence department, defending a North Korean Dictator for killing an American student, defending a Saudi Dictator for dismembering an American resident??.

I guess the same people that thought we'd never see a day where a President would ship pallets of cash to the world sponsor of terrorism, or give the terrorists five of their captured back in exchange for nothing.
Giving people their own money to dismantle their nuclear program is a bargain

LOL...you believe that. That's funny.
Everyone around the world journalists and law enforcement believe that too. Only brainwashed functional moron GOP voters do believe your crap.

Possibly because it's not true. what about the seven million refugees they have had for years now while we took like 10,000 of them and we caused by which I mean the GOP caused the problem.

We pay for most of Europe’s defense. Just witness the whining and complaining when Trump wanted NATO countries to pay what they were obligated to pay.
bologna,
people were complaining because that was just right wing bulshit parotted by the orange clown, brainwashed functional moron.
it would help if the GOP would stop causing recessions and depressions by corruption. Oh you don't know about that.

Vote Republican. The country you save might be your own. Or, keep voting for useless democrats. They won't ever give you what you're complaining about, but hey, reasons!
The GOP is amazingly good at obstruction. It's not hard especially with these new scam GOP reconciliation and filibuster rules. They only need 51 votes to cut taxes on the rich and giant corporations and services for the non rich while Democrats need 60 votes for reform. Brilliant. And they have brainwashed zombies like you to vote for them. What a scam. I think the next Democrat will use the nuclear option 51 votes in the Senate to pass Health Care living wage daycare, taxes on the rich and giant corporations, cheap college and training and get the country going again. Not just the rich, super duper.

Naturally, you always vote for democrats. Also naturally, the democrats don't give you anything you say you want, yet you continue voting for them. What was that somebody smart said about insanity is doing the same thing over and over, hoping for a different result?

IOW, you're a perfect dupe for the democrats. They can dump on you all day long and you'll always blame Republicans, never them. Dupe, thine image is in the mirror.

Wherever they get taxed less, maybe to other countries out of the reach of greedy liberals. Just like the yacht tax decimated the American yacht industry because the rich simply bought foreign built yachts, the wealthy will not sit still and let you or anyone take their wealth.

Liberals never seem to realize that human nature always makes tax schemes generate less than they're projected to, because people protect what they've earned.

Bug eyes is talking about taxing you on your assets and wealth every year. So if you hit the lottery for lets say 100 million, the government will take 70 million right of the top. Then every year, the Democrats will analyze what you have left in cash and assets, and tax you on that.

Shouldn't the wealthy pay the same percentage as you?
History shows us that that does not work. See the gilded age the 1920s and now....

And you continue to ignore us paying for their defense. Naturally.

bologna,

Anything you don't want to hear, just claim it's propaganda. Nobody will ever notice. Failing that, just blame it on your favorite straw man. IOW, you funny.
the Europeans have already agreed to what we wanted, that's why this is b*******.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0ZKxC3SlyzaNe7Cl4bRnHQ&cshid=1574035285985 pop
Okay, so let's pull our military out of Europe, destablize the region and see how long they can maintain their nanny states. Greece will be the first to fail.

Naturally, you'll believe the propaganda and insist everything's peachy keen while it falls apart. Super duper, here we go.

No excerpt from Bloomberg allowed, story here. She wants a 59% top income tax rate and to tax unrealized capital gains yearly, including real estate and business holdings.

REMEMBER VOTE DEMONRAT SO YOU CAN GO BROKE AND HAVE TO GIVE YOUR HOUSE TO AN ILLEGAL INVADER, OR MUSLIM TERRORIST!

Idiot ^^^.

bologna,
it would help if the GOP would stop causing recessions and depressions by corruption. Oh you don't know about that.

Vote Republican. The country you save might be your own. Or, keep voting for useless democrats. They won't ever give you what you're complaining about, but hey, reasons!
The GOP is amazingly good at obstruction. It's not hard especially with these new scam GOP reconciliation and filibuster rules. They only need 51 votes to cut taxes on the rich and giant corporations and services for the non rich while Democrats need 60 votes for reform. Brilliant. And they have brainwashed zombies like you to vote for them. What a scam. I think the next Democrat will use the nuclear option 51 votes in the Senate to pass Health Care living wage daycare, taxes on the rich and giant corporations, cheap college and training and get the country going again. Not just the rich, super duper.

Naturally, you always vote for democrats. Also naturally, the democrats don't give you anything you say you want, yet you continue voting for them. What was that somebody smart said about insanity is doing the same thing over and over, hoping for a different result?

IOW, you're a perfect dupe for the democrats. They can dump on you all day long and you'll always blame Republicans, never them. Dupe, thine image is in the mirror.
I think the next Democratic president will do the nuclear option. I think Obama thought he would be going too far as a black man and there have two GOP would go batshit racist LOL aaarrrggghhh......
bologna,

I am not a dupe of the Democrats because they do not lie like you the GOP propaganda machine and their politicians do all the time. Fox Rush Limbaugh etc are a disgrace. hundreds of phony scandals about Democrats that have gone nowhere in the real world so now you have to have a conspiracy of everyone intelligent in the world called deep state. Poor America.

25 years ago we never would have seen Republicans supporting a Russian Dictatorship

So far, we still haven't. Outside of a few delusional Lefties.
You clowns sure are a comedy act.

However, we DID IN FACT see a Democrat President (Obama) supporting the overthrow of Egypts Democracy by the Muslim Brotherhood by empowering and supporting Morsi, a Muslim Dictator.
Who would have thought we would ever see a Republican President taking the side of a Russian Dictator over our own intelligence department, defending a North Korean Dictator for killing an American student, defending a Saudi Dictator for dismembering an American resident??.

I guess the same people that thought we'd never see a day where a President would ship pallets of cash to the world sponsor of terrorism, or give the terrorists five of their captured back in exchange for nothing.
Giving people their own money to dismantle their nuclear program is a bargain

LOL...you believe that. That's funny.
It’s a historical fact

bologna,

I think the next Democratic president will do the nuclear option. I think Obama thought he would be going too far as a black man and there have two GOP would go batshit racist LOL aaarrrggghhh......
bologna,

I am not a dupe of the Democrats because they do not lie like you the GOP propaganda machine and their politicians do all the time. Fox Rush Limbaugh etc are a disgrace. hundreds of phony scandals about Democrats that have gone nowhere in the real world so now you have to have a conspiracy of everyone intelligent in the world called deep state. Poor America.
Now I know you're not paying attention and are just believing propaganda (that's lies in case you didn't know) from the democrats. Presidents don't have the nuclear option, unless you're talking about launching a nuclear bomb strike (hmmm, come to think of it, you believe propaganda, so maybe you really mean that option). Anyway, you're still being the perfect super dupe (or is it mini dupe?) for the democrats. They'll keep dumping on you and you'll keep coming back, voting for them, actually believing they're not lying to you. Poor little dupester.

Now I know you're not paying attention and are just believing propaganda (that's lies in case you didn't know) from the democrats. Presidents don't have the nuclear option, unless you're talking about launching a nuclear bomb strike (hmmm, come to think of it, you believe propaganda, so maybe you really mean that option). Anyway, you're still being the perfect super dupe (or is it mini dupe?) for the democrats. They'll keep dumping on you and you'll keep coming back, voting for them, actually believing they're not lying to you. Poor little dupester.
The nuclear option means you only need 51 votes in the Senate to pass things. Then you see if the GOP is bad enough to repeal them all which won't be popular. I-Ready rate time to break this 50-year log jam of GOP obstruction.

Long overdue

How do you feel about the 'unrealized' capital gains tax? Hmmm?

Leave them alone but tax them at the same rate as the personal tax rate when realized

I advise going after wealth with a small fee on each stock and real estate transaction. Keeps them from hiding their wealth

Here's the issues with that.....

The other 90% of the planet, understands that investment in the country is a good thing. So they want to encourage it.

I know that seems crazy to you, but we want growth here.

And additionally, we also understand that these people already paid tax on it. It's effectively double taxation. You taxed when you earn the money, and now you are taxed on saving that same money.

Now if you want put in place that all capital gains, is taxed at normal income tax levels... you can do that... but just understand that the law of unintended consequences, is universal.

There will be consequences. There is a reason why most countries have a lower tax on investments.

You do know that even some of the countries favored by Bernie Sanders, and the made up "Democratic Socialist" countries, have zero capital gains tax, right? Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg, zero capital gains tax. If you make capital gains taxed as normal income, that would place us as the 2nd highest tax on capital gains in the world.

That is going to have an effect on the economy. It might not be instant or anything.... but at some level when companies and individuals decide where to invest, they are going to see they get more of their money back, elsewhere. That's going have an effect.

Long overdue

At least you got the bitch part right.
Shit yea!

That bitch drives Republicans nuts. So much so that Trump wants to send her back to her “country”

You missed what he said then. Because he didn't say that. This is the problem with left-wingers... you just turn of your brains, and make up whatever you want, to fit your mythical world.

Long overdue

At least you got the bitch part right.
Shit yea!

That bitch drives Republicans nuts. So much so that Trump wants to send her back to her “country”

You missed what he said then. Because he didn't say that. This is the problem with left-wingers... you just turn of your brains, and make up whatever you want, to fit your mythical world.
You live on an imaginary planet only the GOP can see. LOL. I'll go with the BBC and the hindustani * and France 24 and every newspaper not owned by Rupert Murdoch the scumbag.....

Forum List

Back