"You have humiliated us"

and not intimidation , brennan is unworthy of a sec clearance in Trumps opinion so 'brennan' lost it Coyote .

He's retired, he doesn't need clearance, revoke it
Why?

Using this as an intimidation tactic to silence critics is disturbing.

A Retired Admiral of the US Navy running his piehole like this is disturbing. No honor.

Anyone doing it shouldn't be trusted, let alone with a security clearance
Wow. So attack anyone and everyone who has the audacity to criticize Trump...no matter how respected and accomplished they might be. I guess hen the president is so thin skinned, the enemy list starts to fill volumes,

It isn’t good.

It degraded the office of President to use security clearance revocation so frivolously

Ret. Navy Admiral to Trump: ‘I Would Consider It an Honor if You Would Revoke My Security Clearance’
McRaven-4.jpg

a Washington Post op-ed Thursday afternoon. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him."

ADVERTISING
McRaven gave 37 years of his life to the Navy before retiring in 2014 with the honor of being the longest serving Navy SEAL to still be on duty.

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," McRaven continues.

Admiral McRaven also served as the first director of the NATO Special Operations Forces Coordination Centre (NSCC), and ninth commander of the United States Special Operations Command, and just retired as chancellor of the University of Texas System.

"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," the Admiral continues. "If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken."

The Post includes this short clip of McRaven calling Trump's attack on the free press as "the enemy of the American people," possibly "the greatest threat to democracy" in his lifetime.

There is an anonymous Russian source that

says mcraven and obongo were butt buddies…………

That’s my imitation of a msnbc reporter.

Why?

A Retired Admiral of the US Navy running his piehole like this is disturbing. No honor.

Wow. So attack anyone and everyone who has the audacity to criticize Trump...no matter how respected and accomplished they might be. I guess hen the president is so thin skinned, the enemy list starts to fill volumes,

It isn’t good.

You're not military, you'll never understand. My father absolutely despised Barack Obama but would have never said anything like this in public.

The admiral is likely an Obama hack and should really just shut up, he's embarrassing himself and the service

Exactly what is it about the PRIVILEGE of having security clearance after you no longer work for the government that is "the USA"? What is the source of your sudden pseudo-patriotism?
The ability for his successors to consult on matters of history, maintaining institutional knowledge without contravening security protocol. That's pretty 'USA' isn't it?

Ret. Navy Admiral to Trump: ‘I Would Consider It an Honor if You Would Revoke My Security Clearance’
McRaven-4.jpg

a Washington Post op-ed Thursday afternoon. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him."

ADVERTISING
McRaven gave 37 years of his life to the Navy before retiring in 2014 with the honor of being the longest serving Navy SEAL to still be on duty.

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," McRaven continues.

Admiral McRaven also served as the first director of the NATO Special Operations Forces Coordination Centre (NSCC), and ninth commander of the United States Special Operations Command, and just retired as chancellor of the University of Texas System.

"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," the Admiral continues. "If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken."

The Post includes this short clip of McRaven calling Trump's attack on the free press as "the enemy of the American people," possibly "the greatest threat to democracy" in his lifetime.
Why didn't he lose his security clearance the minute he retired? That should have been automatic.
Because veterans with that much wealth of experience, are valued as important sources of advice and consultation. that only comes from years and years of empirical experience. If today's commanders are unable to consult with these valuable assets the military is weakened. Purging rhe best from the table is a fool's mistake.

McRaven-4.jpg

ADVERTISING

----------------------------------------------- the thing with ALL these boneheads , vets or what ever . is that they all voluntarily joined up and made careers and were paid for doing their jobs by taxpayers . Nothing more and nothing less Edward .
The thing is....

Trump can do anything. And people like you will find a way defend and turn honorable people into villains. It is whacked out crazy.

Why do people who no longer work in the intelligence community need security clearance? I have seen this question asked by many different people but I have yet to see a good reason given for them to have it. If you work at a company in the private sector and have access to highly sensitive company information it's highly unlikely they will let you continue to have access to it when you leave the company. I will also point out having a security clearance is not a constitutional right it is a privilege and it is one that the President any President has the power to revoke if they choose to.

Why?

Quit or get fired from your job tomorrow and see if you get to keep the keys to the building,

It is not the keys to the building

A clearance shows you have been thoroughly investigated and are authorized access to classified data

There are more than one “buildings” that require clearance in both the public and private sector

Why?

It isn’t good.

US ARMY and FU

BS. You're a keyboard cowboy.
Fort Leonard Wood and Fort Bliss says you're fos
Trump is doing what Nixon did, trying to remove those on his enemies list

You are ignorant...…

Trump is draining the swamp......
Trump is the swamp.

You libtards are the swamp....

Trump is spanking your ass.

In addition to Brennan, our President has put a half dozen critics “on notice” that they are next

Blatant intimidation and abuse of the powers we have entrusted him

McRaven-4.jpg

ADVERTISING

Why didn't he lose his security clearance the minute he retired? That should have been automatic.
Because veterans with that much wealth of experience, are valued as important sources of advice and consultation. that only comes from years and years of empirical experience. If today's commanders are unable to consult with these valuable assets the military is weakened. Purging rhe best from the table is a fool's mistake.
He retired. Which means probably next to nobody is even asking him for input to anything. And if he's retired and not on the job the last thing he needs is top security information about anything. Go be retired. Your services are no longer needed.

Exactly what is it about the PRIVILEGE of having security clearance after you no longer work for the government that is "the USA"? What is the source of your sudden pseudo-patriotism?
The ability for his successors to consult on matters of history, maintaining institutional knowledge without contravening security protocol. That's pretty 'USA' isn't it?

Yes, well, the President has the discretion to decide that his behavior makes him unlikely to be a useful resource. That is well within his purview to do.

Besides, if they decide they need him that badly, they can reinstate the clearance.

BS. You're a keyboard cowboy.
Fort Leonard Wood and Fort Bliss says you're fos
Trump is doing what Nixon did, trying to remove those on his enemies list

You are ignorant...…

Trump is draining the swamp......
Trump is the swamp.

You libtards are the swamp....

Trump is spanking your ass.
Yeah you schmuck you nitwits are trying to spank this guy?

'brennan' was a mistake from the moment that he voted fo a communist and was then given a job by complicit USA screeners RWinger .

Why?

Quit or get fired from your job tomorrow and see if you get to keep the keys to the building,

It is not the keys to the building

A clearance shows you have been thoroughly investigated and are authorized access to classified data

There are more than one “buildings” that require clearance in both the public and private sector
You've retired or been dismissed from your job. You don't need or deserve access to any building or information.

I agree with the Admiral's stance regarding Trump, but really, as far as security clearances go, they should only be given to those people who have a national security need, and only for as long as required. Once a person leaves a job, the clearance should be revoked unless there is a need to retain it.

Forum List

Back