You pious Dems "non-racists";Racist Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Is a Democrat!

Race baiting is a dangerous game. First the left tried to conflate the racist remarks of Bundy with people questioning the tactics the government used against Bundy in a tax dispute. Now, Sterling's racist comments have come back to bite the left since Sterling gave money to the democratic party while being on his way to an NAACP award. The left just got screwed over by their same game. Shame.

Both Bundy and Sterling have a right to their opinion.

Bundy clams to be a 'sovereign citizen', part of the Posse Comitatus movement, who still wants an open range policy. He seems to be willing to put people in harms way to get away with ignoring multiple judgments against him.

Other than owning an NBA team I don't know much about Sterling. Oh he gave some money to some California Democrats back in the 1980's?

I'm not sure what one racist comment has to do with the other racist comment........

Look........ Squirrels.......:D:D

first what does phil robertso have to do with this?

second this guy wanted to prevent blacks from attending jis game, what did bundy do again?

oh and we loove pointing out democrat hypocrisy and saw that democrats are still who we thougnt they are, they just bought off a few key black leaders, though they havent ever changed.

What does Phil Robertson have to do with this? What do the Democrats on USMB have to do with this?

Did this guy really want to prevent blacks from attending the games? If that were true then conservatives should be defending him,

since most conservatives believe that a business owner should have the right to serve or not serve anyone he wants,

for whatever reason.

Preventing people to enter your establishment because of race is illegal. The Republican party is known for being tough on crime. As opposed to the left. There is a reason after all why Eric Holder wants states to allow felons to be able to vote. Since the left is far more lenient on crime than the right it would seem likely that the left would have no objection to Sterling's suggestion.

Apparently you haven't noticed that most conservatives around here support the right to refuse service,

and this board is a good representation of conservatism in general. You may disagree with them, but that puts you in the conservative minority on that issue.

And if conservatives were tough on crime they would have overwhelmingly supported the federal government enforcing the legal actions against Clive Bundy,

and not supported the armed gangs who came out to obstruct law enforcement.

Most liberals part ways with Democrats who start acting like Republicans. Hell, Zell Miller is still a Democrat;

who among you insists that he and the average Democrat are likeminded?

Race baiting is a dangerous game. First the left tried to conflate the racist remarks of Bundy with people questioning the tactics the government used against Bundy in a tax dispute. Now, Sterling's racist comments have come back to bite the left since Sterling gave money to the democratic party while being on his way to an NAACP award. The left just got screwed over by their same game. Shame.

Bundy clams to be a 'sovereign citizen', part of the Posse Comitatus movement, who still wants an open range policy. He seems to be willing to put people in harms way to get away with ignoring multiple judgments against him.

Other than owning an NBA team I don't know much about Sterling. Oh he gave some money to some California Democrats back in the 1980's?

I'm not sure what one racist comment has to do with the other racist comment........

My point is that they are both racist comments. So to try to smear an entire party by the racist comments of an individual can easily backfire. So when the left tried to smear the republican party with Bundy's comments, the right was able to do the same thing with Sterling's comments.
I also don't know much about Sterling. I have a feeling that's going to change though. Apparently Obama has weight in on the issue. Along with Michael Jordan and current NBA members. In other words, Bundy's racist remarks just got eclipsed by Sterling's racist comments. That is why the race card smear is a dangerous game. It goes both ways.

Last edited:

My point is that they are both racist comments. So to try to smear an entire party by the racist comments of an individual can easily go both ways. So when the left tried to smear the republican party with Bundy's comments, the right was able to do the same thing with Sterling's comments.
I also don't know much about Sterling. I have a feeling that's going to change though.

IMHO - you are 100% correct. Trying to pigeon hole racism to a single party is nuts.

My point is that they are both racist comments. So to try to smear an entire party by the racist comments of an individual can easily backfire. So when the left tried to smear the republican party with Bundy's comments, the right was able to do the same thing with Sterling's comments.
I also don't know much about Sterling. I have a feeling that's going to change though. Apparently Obama has weight in on the issue. Along with Michael Jordan and current NBA members. In other words, Bundy's racist remarks just got eclipsed by Sterling's racist comments. That is why the race card smear is a dangerous game. It goes both ways.

One difference tho!

Republicans are defending Bundy's racism and no one is defending Sterling.

So you're right...they ARE the same :eusa_shifty:

My point is that they are both racist comments. So to try to smear an entire party by the racist comments of an individual can easily go both ways. So when the left tried to smear the republican party with Bundy's comments, the right was able to do the same thing with Sterling's comments.
I also don't know much about Sterling. I have a feeling that's going to change though.

IMHO - you are 100% correct. Trying to pigeon hole racism to a single party is nuts.

Yet it's done all the time. Boggles the mind.

Yet it's done all the time. Boggles the mind.

Hyper-partisanship boggles my mind all the time.

One difference tho!

I'll repeat myself since you seem to have trouble reading my posts. Conflating the right's reaction to what they perceived as government overreach to what Bundy actually said after the fact is race baiting.
Let me put it this way. The right was dissatisfied with the government's reaction to the religious cult in Waco, Texas which led to the deaths of the cult members and their children. This should not be confused with the right siding with the religious cult. To conflate the two is silly. The left is now doing the same thing with Bundy. Now the left got hoisted by their own petard. The right will now play the same game with Sterling. Racial tit-for-tat has replaced debate. That's a shame.

Last edited:

One difference tho!

I'll repeat myself since you seem to have trouble reading my posts. Conflating the right's reaction to what they perceived as government overreach to what Bundy actually said after the fact is race baiting.
Let me put it this way. The right was dissatisfied with the government's reaction to the religious cult in Waco, Texas which led to the deaths of the cult members and their children. This should not be confused with the right siding with the religious cult. To conflate the two is silly. The left is now doing the same thing with Bundy. It doesn't matter now though since the left got hoisted by their own petard and the right will now play the same game with Sterling.

Ok, so when a million threads were up and the right were agreeing with his racist statements SEPARATELY from the issue about govt overreach then what? They weren't "really" defending him then either saying maybe blacks were better off?

Many Republicans and Faux pundents that were riding the Range with Bundy had to do an about face when his comments were published. How many Democrats were defending in anyway this Sterling fellow?

The NBA is far more popular than politics. I use to be a basketball fan, but I'm in Houston. (Most fans can't get Rockets or Astros games on TV anymore unless you buy a specific provider.) So now I'm a Hockey Fan.

Many Republicans and Faux pundents that were riding the Range with Bundy had to do an about face when his comments were published. How many Democrats were defending in anyway this Sterling fellow?

The NBA is far more popular than politics. I use to be a basketball fan, but I'm in Houston. (Most fans can't get Rockets or Astros games on TV anymore unless you buy a specific provider.) So now I'm a Hockey Fan.

well the problem ismsterling was clear. He doesnt want black people at his games.

Bundy tried to equate slavery with being on welfare. Which is pretty much the truth but liberals dont like that and call it racist. And thats because welfare is a tool the left uses for control,. The left never wants a candid discussion on race.

I think the bigger issue is the idea that we have a society that seems to think that we should deprive people of their property if they crappy people. I think we should be secure in our property regardless of whether we are crappy people because I am sure there isnt a person on the planet that someone cant find some reason to find despicable.

What does Phil Robertson have to do with this? What do the Democrats on USMB have to do with this?

Did this guy really want to prevent blacks from attending the games? If that were true then conservatives should be defending him,

since most conservatives believe that a business owner should have the right to serve or not serve anyone he wants,

for whatever reason.

Preventing people to enter your establishment because of race is illegal. The Republican party is known for being tough on crime. As opposed to the left. There is a reason after all why Eric Holder wants states to allow felons to be able to vote. Since the left is far more lenient on crime than the right it would seem likely that the left would have no objection to Sterling's suggestion.

Apparently you haven't noticed that most conservatives around here support the right to refuse service,

and this board is a good representation of conservatism in general. You may disagree with them, but that puts you in the conservative minority on that issue.

And if conservatives were tough on crime they would have overwhelmingly supported the federal government enforcing the legal actions against Clive Bundy,

Conservatives do not support the right to refuse service because somebody is black. Get real.

Last edited:

Conservative do not support the right to refuse service because somebody is black. Get real.

They do around here and I don't think this place is unique.

Republicans and "Faux" pundits were not defending racist remarks. They were objecting to government overreaction.

Last edited:

Conservative do not support the right to refuse service because somebody is black. Get real.

They do around here and I don't think this place is unique.

This place is a magnet for the radical right (and radical left).
Most Americans are moderates.
Don't let these boards fool you into thinking the folks here are "representative"

For example - there are plenty of holocaust deniers on these boards - but in the real world - they are very rare.

On these boards there were plenty of folks defending Bundy's racist remarks - in the real world, this phenomena is almost non-existent.

....and Liberals would have you believe that America is racist and it all falls on White Male Conservative Republican Christians. Sterling is not a Republican and it has been established he is not a Christian. Also, all of that "Tent" talk from Liberals about Republicans not being inclusive; Sterling is a vintage example of the wealthy elite Democrat who patronizes Blacks to their face but does not want to break bread with them.

Liberals are full of shit trying to sell the world that white conservatives own the market on Racism. Sotomayor is ranting that dropping affirmative action is racist because Michigan wants everyone to be evaluated equally. States concerned about voter fraud risks are called Return of Jim Crow. You want analogy? Donald Sterling clearly wants to bring back segregated lunch counters. Any Democrat with any honor ought to seek out if they received money from Sterling and return it. Finally, how on God's name could the NAACP be ready to give him a second award when of the Game's hall of famer's, Elgin Baylor, is sueing him? If Rush Limbaugh owned the St. Louis Rams and one of his players sued him for something said on the radio, think the NAACP would be in a position of having to rescind an award to Limbaugh? No. Sterling is a rich, elitist Democrat whose racist core came oozing out because of jealousy. Vintage.

One difference tho!

Let me put it this way. The right was dissatisfied with the government's reaction to the religious cult in Waco, Texas which led to the deaths of the cult members and their children. This should not be confused with the right siding with the religious cult. To conflate the two is silly. The left is now doing the same thing with Bundy. It doesn't matter now though since the left got hoisted by their own petard and the right will now play the same game with Sterling.

Ok, so when a million threads were up and the right were agreeing with his racist statements SEPARATELY from the issue about govt overreach then what? They weren't "really" defending him then either saying maybe blacks were better off?

I'm afraid that I haven't read a million threads on this site. I was referring to politicians, pundits and "reporters". They may very well be individuals who support Bundy's statement or at the very least believe Bundy was misquoted or taken out of context. They're are also individuals on the left who defend racists like Al Sharpton and Christ Mathews. Part of the problem of course is that we all seem to have different personal definitions of "racism". None the less, when race becomes political gamesmanship as opposed to a sincere discussion then we all lose.

Forum List

Back