1 Samuel 4:12

Shabbat Shalom Israel

Pray for the well-being of Yerushalayim;
May those who love you be at peace.

Psalms 122:6 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

sha-a-LU sh’-LOM y’-ru-sha-LA-im yish-LA-yu o-ha-VA-yikh

Worldwide Serenity
This psalm starts with the words sha’alu sh’lom Yerushalayim, ‘Pray for the well-being of Yerushalayim.’ Shalom (שלום), translated here as ‘well-being,’ is the first Hebrew word many people learn. It actually has three meanings: ‘hello,’ ‘goodbye’ and ‘peace.’ It is the word with which friends greet one another, but shalom is more than a greeting; it is also a blessing. Peace is the most important gift we can ask from Hashem (God), on an individual level, as families, and between nations. It is therefore of utmost significance that the world’s holiest city, Yerushalayim (ירושלים), has the word shalom at its core, because it is meant to be the source of all peace on earth. King David exhorts “Pray for the well-being of Yerushalayim,” for when Yerushalayim is confronted with conflict, the whole world suffers. Conversely, though, when Yerushalayim is at peace, the entire world enjoys serenity.

Thus said Hashem: I will raise My hand to nations And lift up My ensign to peoples; And they shall bring your sons in their bosoms, And carry your daughters on their backs
Isaiah 49:22 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

koh a-MAR a-do-NAI e-lo-HEEM hi-NAY e-SA el go-YIM ya-DEE v’-el a-MEEM a-REEM ni-SEE v’-hay-VEE-u va-NA-yikh b’-KHO-tzen uv-no-TA-yikh al ka-TAYF ti-na-SE-na

Great Contributions
Yeshayahu (Isaiah) describes the great contributions that the nations and individual non-Jews will play in the resettlement of the Land of Israel. In modern times, this prophecy is being fulfilled by the unprecedented number of non-Jews who visits, support and pray for Israel.

Your Favorite Things About Israel

It shows what a modern, educated society can accomplish in mere decades. A people who suffered nearly unimaginable discrimination and privation during the 1930's and 40's set an example for what the human spirit accomplish. The Arab-Moslem world still holds an eternal grievance.

"Long before the emergence of Hitler I made the cause of Zionism mine because through it I saw a means of correcting a flagrant wrong....The Jewish people alone has for centuries been in the anomalous position of being victimized and hounded as a people, though bereft of all the rights and protections which even the smallest people normally has...Zionism offered the means of ending this discrimination. Through the return to the land to which they were bound by close historic ties...Jews sought to abolish their pariah status among peoples... The advent of Hitler underscored with a savage logic all the disastrous implications contained in the abnormal situation in which Jews found themselves. Millions of Jews perished... because there was no spot on the globe where they could find sanctuary...The Jewish survivors demand the right to dwell amid brothers, on the ancient soil of their fathers."
Letter to Jawaharlal Nehru, Prime Minister of India, June 13, 1947[20]

Political views of Albert Einstein - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back