YOur kind of Christian; Family Research Council

I didn't marry in the RCC. I happily left the RCC a long time ago. I waited to LEGALLY marry. My ceremony was in my Buddhist monastery performed by a Lama with the whole happy community in attendance.

So what does this mean?
I had to wait 25 years before I could marry my life partner only to have the RCC and LDS reverse the decision three months later.

In the tiny window when it was legal for lesbians and gays to marry, I proposed to my wife and we were married, only to have the decision reversed.

RCC and LDS poured money into CA from out of state for Prop 8. Prop 8 denies civil marriage to gays and lesbians.

The voters passed prop 8 ...you be hatin' in all the wrong places

Why did you ignore the rest of my previous post.

Again, 25 with her or are you selecting 25 year to be dramatic?

Abstinence Only Programs harm gay youth:

"What are abstinence-only-until-marriage curricula teaching
about sexual orientation and gender identity?

The federal guidelines governing these programs state that they should teach that a
“mutually faithful monogamous relationship in [the] context of marriage is the
expected standard of human sexual activity.” In a society that generally prohibits
same-sex couples from marrying, such a message rejects the idea of sexual intimacy for LGBTindividuals.

Many abstinence-only curricula omit information about homosexuality and gender identity
entirely.

A recent review of the leading abstinence-only curricula found that most address same-sex behavior only within the context of promiscuity and disease.

Students are often taught that homosexuality is “unnatural.”

Several curricula are overtly hostile to LGBT people. In its parent-teacher guide,
Facing Reality instructs educators to teach students that homosexuals with HIV/AIDS are
suffering for the “choices” they made regarding their sexual orientation.
“Homosexual activity involves an especially high risk for HIV transmission.”
- Sex Respect (Teacher’s Manual, pg. 68)

“Finally, AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome), the STD most common
among homosexual, bisexuals and IV drug users, has now made its way into
heterosexual circles.”

- Sex Respect (Student Workbook, p. 54)
“What do guys talk about in the locker room? (Girls) What do girls talk about at
sleepover parties? (Guys).”
- Choosing the Best LIFE (Leader Guide, p. 47)

http://www.aclupa.org/downloads/LGBT.pdf

So what does this mean?

In the tiny window when it was legal for lesbians and gays to marry, I proposed to my wife and we were married, only to have the decision reversed.

RCC and LDS poured money into CA from out of state for Prop 8. Prop 8 denies civil marriage to gays and lesbians.

Prop 8 denies marriage rights to gays and lesbians. You're so ignorant and unconcerned about gay people you don't even know what Prop 8 is.

I have now been with my wife since 1985. That's 26 years. It was 25 when we married.

Is that dramatic to you? Why are you so cynical about gays and lesbians?

Do you think ALL gays are promiscuous, AIDS carrying pedophiles? Not surprising since you support the propaganda of FRC.

We were not the first to marry in our rural county. A couple of men who had been with each other for 40 years beat us to the chase.

Keep hating us RD. We're just like anyone else. We don't want to be second class citizens.

If it was up to you we'd be dead or in prison.

Last edited:
FRC considers itself a Christian organization, it needs to act like one.

Spreading untrue stories about the lgbt community and then playing the evasion game when called out on this behavior is a Christian virtue.

Stating that you are a moral, Christian group doesn't necessarily make you one. FRC actions have been most un-Christian.

I'm sorry to see how many of you support them.

Homosexuality Is A Crime

Therefore, such officials and judges are not only anti-Christian by

approving of homosexuality, they make the civil government a vile cesspool

from which the abominations vomit out across the land. By displaying such a

contempt for the administration of Justice, such civil officials are not

only the source of the defilement (Lev.18:24-25), they are the criminals

(Rom.1:32), and a hostile enemy authorizing the destruction of the society

in which we live (Jude 1: 7).

Not only should Christian men fight for the safety of their families by

demanding that these civil officials repent, or resign from office

immediately, Christians should be demanding the strongest laws and

punishments against homosexuality be put into effect so as to cleanse the

pestilence from our society. (Lev. 20:13)

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have

committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood

shall be upon them." Leviticus 20: 13

--------------

WHAT NON-SODOMITES ARE SAYING ABOUT QUEERS

Dr. Paul Cameron

Exterminate gays

"At the 1985 Conservative Political Action Conference, Cameron announced to

the attendees, 'Unless we get medically lucky, in three or four years, one

of the options discussed will be the extermination of homosexuals.'

According to an interview with former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop,

Cameron was recommending the extermination option as early as 1983." - Mark

E. Pietrzyk, News-Telegraph, March 10, 1995.

---------

newt gingrich "we must change the laws of the land to refelct our (christian) religious beliefs and see to it that they can never be changed again"

----------------

conservative christian organizations (and their minions) believe that

1. America is a christian nation
2. biblical laws should be the law of the land

those laws would include making homosexuality and atheism (and all non-christian religions) a crime

LOGICALLY thinking; denying that these evangelical christians want to criminalize gays (and others) is evidence of a malfunctioning brain

now, whether they want to just incarcerate gays or exterminate them is still up for debate

I 'm certain many of them would have no problem executing homosexuals because, as we all know, all life is precious

I rest my case. Thank you.

If Sky is a buddhist, so are the muslims.

I have a feeling Buddha's position on her would be "would you please shut the fuck up?"

I have a feeling YOUR position on me speaking is 'shut the fuck up'.

Buddha means 'awake'. Awake means we know what's going on inside and the true nature of all that passes through. Ineffable, impermanent.

Buddha is not a god who speaks.

Well, if you're an example of what he teaches, I understand why he doesn't.

Yes, I am a Buddhist. I am a passionate defender of human rights. I consider that one of my spiritual practices. It's also my spiritual practice to work with my feelings of hurt and anger and not to be phoney and put on a fake happy face when people are being deliberately hateful.

I can and will speak out against violence and hatred. FRC is a hate group. You support them.

What can I say? It's your choice. It saddens me.

Thanks to Christians like Gadawg, I know you're not all supporters of hate groups.

Last edited:

Prop 8 denies marriage rights to gays and lesbians. You're so ignorant and unconcerned about gay people you don't even know what Prop 8 is.

I have now been with my wife since 1985. That's 26 years. It was 25 when we married.

Do you think ALL gays are promiscuous, AIDS carrying pedophiles? Not surprising since you support the propaganda of FRC.

We were not the first to marry in our rural county. A couple of men who had been with each other for 40 years beat us to the chase.

Keep hating us RD. We're just like anyone else. We don't want to be second class citizens.

What gives you the impression I don't know what prop 8 is?

Dramatic is your rather loose use of facts and liberties you take to justify the desire to be a victim you so badly want to be.

I pity you Sky, you're too sad to hate.

eta: lol, do you ever post in one try?
If it was up to me you would be seeking help for mental/emotional issues having nothing to do with who you
sex it up with

Last edited:

What gives you the impression I don't know what prop 8 is?

Your posts.

I personally have no desire to put you all in prison, or execute you.

You're all going to hell.

Punishment enough, I think.
:eusa_whistle:

You'll have to find another way to get back at me. I don't believe in your God, his punishments or your ever-lasting hell.

You will.
:)

No, I won't. I'm ready to die at any time and I'm not afraid. You can continue to shove your beliefs in my face and wish I go to hell.

I will wish you happiness and enlightenment. May you and your God be one.

Last edited:
You'll have to find another way to get back at me. I don't believe in your God, his punishments or your ever-lasting hell.

You will.

No, I won't. I'm ready to die at any time and I'm not afraid. You can continue to shove your beliefs in my face and wish I go to hell.

I do not wish you to go to hell, it isn't up to me.

It is up to you.

I've done nothing but pray for you since the first time I saw you spewing your hatred.

You can save yourself, but I can't do it for you.

What I "want" doesn't matter. Only what you "want."

You will.

It is up to you.

I've done nothing but pray for you since the first time I saw you spewing your hatred.

I don't have hatred. I am angry. There's a difference. I pray for you too, that you be freed of your ignorance in supporting hate groups. Ignorance is non-virtue in Buddhism, just as anger, jealousy, pride and grasping are.

I'm working on my anger. If I die in an angry moment I'm likely to go to a hell realm until I purify the anger.

Hell in Buddhism is temporary. It was up to you and your God I would be eternally damned.

I'm not angry with you personally, btw. I like you alot. I'm sad that you support FRC, a hate group.

I'm angry with Allie, RD and Newby. Why? They won't just oppose my posts, they attack my character.

Last edited:
No, I won't. I'm ready to die at any time and I'm not afraid.

Yeah.

You will.

:eusa_shhh:

No, I won't. Typical Christian shoving your beliefs down my throat. Instead of wishing me happiness you want me to go to hell.

LOL!!!!

Struck a nerve, have I?

Remind me again the purpose of this thread?

You wouldn't be shoving your beliefs down our throats now, would you?

Ahhhh sweet, sweet Sky.

Blinded by anger and hate.

I'm going to pray for you again right now.

But it would mean more to Him if you did it yourself.

It is up to you.

I don't have hatred. I am angry. There's a difference. I pray for you too, that you be freed of your ignorance in supporting hate groups.

You pray?

To what?!?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It is up to you.

I don't have hatred. I am angry. There's a difference. I pray for you too, that you be freed of your ignorance in supporting hate groups.

I'm working on my anger. If I die in an angry moment I'm likely to go to a hell realm until I purify the anger.

Hell in Buddhism is temporary. It was up to you and your God I would be eternally damned.

It isn't up to me.

But it is up to my God :)

sky why do you bait christians....no one is calling on you to defend the 'extreme Buddhist'

to all you christians....why do you take the bait?

sky why do you bait christians....no one is calling on you to defend the 'extreme Buddhist'

to all you christians....why do you take the bait?

Why do you dismiss my concerns as a lesbian? Why do you call it 'baiting' when I bring up topics that affect me?

Do you really expect me to be unconcerned that the FRC is a hate group?

FRC is getting a pass on spreading lies about gays and lesbians, using junk science, supporting Ugandan anti-gay legislation and making the oppression of gays a world mission.

Folks here support them.

And others do not. Thank you Gadawg and rikules.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back