YOur kind of Christian; Family Research Council

I do not wish you to go to hell, it isn't up to me.

It is up to you.

I've done nothing but pray for you since the first time I saw you spewing your hatred.

You can save yourself, but I can't do it for you.

What I "want" doesn't matter. Only what you "want."

I don't have hatred. I am angry. There's a difference. I pray for you too, that you be freed of your ignorance in supporting hate groups.

I'm working on my anger. If I die in an angry moment I'm likely to go to a hell realm until I purify the anger.

Hell in Buddhism is temporary. It was up to you and your God I would be eternally damned.

It isn't up to me.

But it is up to my God :)

Your God has no say in my life.

sky why do you bait christians....no one is calling on you to defend the 'extreme Buddhist'

to all you christians....why do you take the bait?

Some do bait, but I don't think she is.

You could be right though, I never gave her that much credit

sky why do you bait christians....no one is calling on you to defend the 'extreme Buddhist'

I'm angry about what some Christians do in the name of their God. Telling lies about gays and lesbians for one thing.

Hypocrisy would be if I didn't speak up. Of course, I am concerned about gay civil rights. I'm a lesbian. I'm the daughter of a gay man. I had to wait 25 years before I could marry my life partner only to have the RCC and LDS reverse the decision three months later.

No, I don't hate Scott Lively. I do think he's evil and must be stopped. He's on a world wide mission to cause suffering to gay people. Too bad you don't care about gay people as much as you do these hateful 'Christians'.

I care about many things and many kinds of people who are suffering. You don't know me or what I generally spend my time doing. I am a counselor and a teacher, and a volunteer crisis domestic violence advocate serving 24 hours a week on-call. I financially support a family of nine Tibetans exiled in India. I write to prisoners in the US who are studying Buddhism. I support nuns in Tibet. I vote. I write letters. I financially support the Teaching Tolerance project and the work of the Southern Poverty Law Center. I give blood. I'm kind to children and old people and animals. I'm concerned about many international issues and foreign policy.

Scott Lively is suffering from his hatred. I have to work hard to not return his hate. His actions hurt and anger me. I will speak out against him and I am sorry to see how many of you approve of his actions.

It makes me sick.

You think I'm a lousy Buddhist because I have the capacity to feel hurt and angry? So be it.

Right, all of your 'causes' are about things that you care about because of your personal situations in life. Someone who is a christian has 'causes' that are things they care about in their personal situations in life. If they are in direct opposition to your causes, what makes yours right and theirs wrong?? Other than your own opinion?

The christian who crusades against the gay lifestyle is doing so because of their personal beliefs that they hold, and they believe that they are trying to make society better for their children and future generations. It doesn't mean that they hate gay people, they just feel that the actions of gay people are harming society in general. I'm not saying that I agree with that opinion, but I don't agree with you either that they don't have a right to feel that way and to speak out if they so choose too. You go too far in labeling them as a 'hate' group. If they are spreading hate with their actions, then you are doing so as well with yours. Everybody has a right to their opinon and to voice that opinion. Under your definition, anyone that doesn't approve of the gay lifestyle is a hater. That's simply not accurate. You don't approve of the christian lifestyle, you make thread after thread with examples and demonstrations of christians that you don't approve of for many various reasons, does that make you a hater? It certainly does when using your definition.

The Christian who opposes marriage equality due to biblical objections is completely different than the Christian who spreads lies about gays because they hate us. Family Research Council lies about gays and YOU support them. They deserve their status as a hate group for using junk science against us.

I do not call anyone who disapproves of gays a hater. I call people who lie and want us to suffer haters. FRC and Scott Lively and his crowd hate gay people and YOU support them. YOU approve of executing gays.

I could care less about the 'Christian lifestyle' most of the time. When Christians are persecuted or killed I am concerned and would fight for their lives. When the 'Christian lifestyle' includes hate, I object vocally. I do not wish harm on any Christian, even the ones who hate me and hate ALL gays.

You pass yourself off as a moderate Christian but when the chips are down who you side with are the haters in your ranks.

That saddens me.

I don't 'pass myself off' as anything, I am what I am. What I have bolded are lies, Sky, outright lies directly out of your mouth. I have never said that I approve of executing gays, never. You retract that right now, or you are a completely dishonest hack without any integrity whatsoever in my opinion.

I don't have hatred. I am angry. There's a difference. I pray for you too, that you be freed of your ignorance in supporting hate groups.

I'm working on my anger. If I die in an angry moment I'm likely to go to a hell realm until I purify the anger.

Hell in Buddhism is temporary. It was up to you and your God I would be eternally damned.

It isn't up to me.

That seems obvious.

He's going to make up for it in your afterlife.

I'm calling it a kill gays bill because that is what it originally was and every media outlet who wrote a story on it called kill gays legislation.

The Church in Las Vegas stubbornly supported it for a long time until it was politically expedient to deny it.

You apparently approve of life imprisonment and execution of people who spread AIDS. You Christians only focus on the gays who spread AIDS when many heterosexuals also spread it. I think that shows prejudice and hatred toward gays.

You surprise and sadden me with your position.

Gadawg is a Christian and he is kind and understanding of why gays and lesbians are upset, hurt and angry over this. I appreciate that very much.

sky

Bolded - Yes I do, they are basically committing murder.

Red - When did I ever say that only gay people who spread it should be punished?

OK. I get it. You want to execute gays who are HIV positive and haven't disclosed that to their partners and you would do it with joy.

I don't support execution.

I would want to see criminal murder charges brought against ANYONE who was HIV positive who had sex with someone and didn't disclose their HIV positive status. If the court in question feels that it merits the death penalty if found guilty, I would support it. So, why do you have to lie and say that I would do it 'with joy'? Yet another lie and putting words into my mouth that I never said, another situation where you are being a dishonest hack for 'attention' purposes.

It isn't up to me.

That seems obvious.

No, he's not Mini. It's Christian arrogance that you say that. Just because you believe in God, you think he's universally real. He's not. Atheists are not going to hell because they don't believe in God, and Jews are not going to hell because they haven't taken Jesus as their personal savior.

That trip turns me off.

I haven't lied. I've provided evidence. You ignore the evidence. This was called a 'kill gays bill' because it originally included execution, and now it's life imprisonment for gays. You support groups who hurt gay people.

That saddens me. You call me names, put me down and ignore my concerns and feelings. That hurts and saddens me.

Apparently, the Family Research Council represents your views. You're off my Christmas card list.

All of your evidence has been disputed and proven false. Nothing has been ignored. You do the ignoring of facts

First it was the Anti-Homosexuality Bill, that was never enacted. Virtually all of Uganda's major political and religious leaders—including the President, the Catholic Bishops Conference, and a parliamentary committee recommended the bill be thrown out as unconstitutional, effectively stopping it in its tracks.

The sole reason you keep harping in it and why it is so well know is the bs "kill the gays bill" propaganda driven by the lies that it was endorsed by American evangelical homophobia. It's an agenda and you are the tool

Your lies: I support the bill and/or I support hurting gays. You want to pretend you're saddend by lies? I say you're full of it. You try to put us on the defensive and when it fails you play the victim card. I just won't work

You waited 25 years to marry in the RCC church? The Chuch is against gay marriage, go elsewhere. Again, what 25 years....just wondering.

Unlike you I do hate those who willingly cause harm to others....through lies or violence.
You either lie to harm others or lie to hide from yourself. One I hate and one I pity.

Wish I could rep you again, you nailed it. :clap2:

Bolded - Yes I do, they are basically committing murder.

Red - When did I ever say that only gay people who spread it should be punished?

OK. I get it. You want to execute gays who are HIV positive and haven't disclosed that to their partners and you would do it with joy.

I don't support execution.

I would want to see criminal murder charges brought against ANYONE who was HIV positive who had sex with someone and didn't disclose their HIV positive status. If the court in question feels that it merits the death penalty if found guilty, I would support it. So, why do you have to lie and say that I would do it 'with joy'? Yet another lie and putting words into my mouth that I never said, another situation where you are being a dishonest hack for 'attention' purposes.

Why do I say that you would execute gays with joy? Because you think we deserve it if we don't disclose we have AIDS with partners. You would happily see a gay man put to death. I would not.

You believe in the death penalty. I do not. There should be consequences for not disclosing that you have a communicable, deadly disease to a partner, but not death.

I haven't lied. I've provided evidence. You ignore the evidence. This was called a 'kill gays bill' because it originally included execution, and now it's life imprisonment for gays. You support groups who hurt gay people.

That saddens me. You call me names, put me down and ignore my concerns and feelings. That hurts and saddens me.

Apparently, the Family Research Council represents your views. You're off my Christmas card list.

All of your evidence has been disputed and proven false. Nothing has been ignored. You do the ignoring of facts

First it was the Anti-Homosexuality Bill, that was never enacted. Virtually all of Uganda's major political and religious leaders—including the President, the Catholic Bishops Conference, and a parliamentary committee recommended the bill be thrown out as unconstitutional, effectively stopping it in its tracks.

The sole reason you keep harping in it and why it is so well know is the bs "kill the gays bill" propaganda driven by the lies that it was endorsed by American evangelical homophobia. It's an agenda and you are the tool

Your lies: I support the bill and/or I support hurting gays. You want to pretend you're saddend by lies? I say you're full of it. You try to put us on the defensive and when it fails you play the victim card. I just won't work

You waited 25 years to marry in the RCC church? The Chuch is against gay marriage, go elsewhere. Again, what 25 years....just wondering.

Unlike you I do hate those who willingly cause harm to others....through lies or violence.
You either lie to harm others or lie to hide from yourself. One I hate and one I pity.

Wish I could rep you again, you nailed it. :clap2:

Of course you support RD. He holds me in complete contempt, calls me names, attacks my character and refuses to address the facts in my posts.

Truth is, you folks don't care what people labeled Christian do in the name of their God when they're wrong.

You stick together no matter what.

Last edited:

That seems obvious.

No, he's not Mini. It's Christian arrogance that you say that. Just because you believe in God, you think he's universally real. He's not. Atheists are not going to hell because they don't believe in God, and Jews are not going to hell because they haven't taken Jesus as their personal savior.

That trip turns me off.

Ok.

But we're all assholes because we don't believe FRC is a hate group because of their stand on gays.

I think I get it now.

Whatever your opinion is is correct, and whatever anyone else's is is bullshit, and an attack on you and humanity as a whole.

Got it!

I don't know how he gets you folks to buy into it, but that little fat fucker you worship is a freaking genius!!!

Abstinence Only Programs harm gay youth:

"What are abstinence-only-until-marriage curricula teaching
about sexual orientation and gender identity?

The federal guidelines governing these programs state that they should teach that a
“mutually faithful monogamous relationship in [the] context of marriage is the
expected standard of human sexual activity.” In a society that generally prohibits
same-sex couples from marrying, such a message rejects the idea of sexual intimacy for LGBTindividuals.

Many abstinence-only curricula omit information about homosexuality and gender identity
entirely.

A recent review of the leading abstinence-only curricula found that most address same-sex behavior only within the context of promiscuity and disease.

Students are often taught that homosexuality is “unnatural.”

Several curricula are overtly hostile to LGBT people. In its parent-teacher guide,
Facing Reality instructs educators to teach students that homosexuals with HIV/AIDS are
suffering for the “choices” they made regarding their sexual orientation.
“Homosexual activity involves an especially high risk for HIV transmission.”
- Sex Respect (Teacher’s Manual, pg. 68)

“Finally, AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome), the STD most common
among homosexual, bisexuals and IV drug users, has now made its way into
heterosexual circles.”

- Sex Respect (Student Workbook, p. 54)
“What do guys talk about in the locker room? (Girls) What do girls talk about at
sleepover parties? (Guys).”
- Choosing the Best LIFE (Leader Guide, p. 47)

http://www.aclupa.org/downloads/LGBT.pdf

:lol: Telling youth to not have sex before they are emotionally ready too, whether they are gay or not, is 'harming' them??? Okay. :cuckoo:

Do you think being gay is the normal order of things? Are hetero people the abnormal ones? Or do you just consider both ways to be 'normal'?

In the tiny window when it was legal for lesbians and gays to marry, I proposed to my wife and we were married, only to have the decision reversed.

RCC and LDS poured money into CA from out of state for Prop 8. Prop 8 denies civil marriage to gays and lesbians.

The voters passed prop 8 ...you be hatin' in all the wrong places

Why did you ignore the rest of my previous post.

Again, 25 with her or are you selecting 25 year to be dramatic?

Prop 8 denies marriage rights to gays and lesbians. You're so ignorant and unconcerned about gay people you don't even know what Prop 8 is.

I have now been with my wife since 1985. That's 26 years. It was 25 when we married.

Is that dramatic to you? Why are you so cynical about gays and lesbians?

Do you think ALL gays are promiscuous, AIDS carrying pedophiles? Not surprising since you support the propaganda of FRC.

We were not the first to marry in our rural county. A couple of men who had been with each other for 40 years beat us to the chase.

Keep hating us RD. We're just like anyone else. We don't want to be second class citizens.

If it was up to you we'd be dead or in prison

More bullshit. RD never said she/he hated you, they never said that they wanted you dead or in prison. Why do you have to lie and put words in people's mouths to make a point? Are you not able to make your point without being a rude, ignorant, lying hack Sky? I have lost so much respect for you in this thread, you are definitely not the person I thought you were.

I have a feeling YOUR position on me speaking is 'shut the fuck up'.

Buddha means 'awake'. Awake means we know what's going on inside and the true nature of all that passes through. Ineffable, impermanent.

Buddha is not a god who speaks.

Well, if you're an example of what he teaches, I understand why he doesn't.

Yes, I am a Buddhist. I am a passionate defender of human rights. I consider that one of my spiritual practices. It's also my spiritual practice to work with my feelings of hurt and anger and not to be phoney and put on a fake happy face when people are being deliberately hateful.

I can and will speak out against violence and hatred. FRC is a hate group. You support them.

What can I say? It's your choice. It saddens me.

Thanks to Christians like Gadawg, I know you're not all supporters of hate groups.

You are deliberatly hateful towards Christians if they don't exactly agree with your outlook about the gay lifestyle.

No, I won't. I'm ready to die at any time and I'm not afraid. You can continue to shove your beliefs in my face and wish I go to hell.

I will wish you happiness and enlightenment. May you and your God be one.

I do not wish you to go to hell, it isn't up to me.

It is up to you.

I've done nothing but pray for you since the first time I saw you spewing your hatred.

You can save yourself, but I can't do it for you.

What I "want" doesn't matter. Only what you "want."

I don't have hatred. I am angry. There's a difference. I pray for you too, that you be freed of your ignorance in supporting hate groups. Ignorance is non-virtue in Buddhism, just as anger, jealousy, pride and grasping are.

I'm not angry with you personally, btw. I like you alot. I'm sad that you support FRC, a hate group.

I'm angry with Allie, RD and Newby. Why? They won't just oppose my posts, they attack my character.

That's because you lack character whenever you put words that I never said into my mouth repeatedly like saying I would have joy to execute a gay person. I don't have to put up with that bullshit. Start behaving like a mature, honest, and reasonable adult and you will be treated the same in return.

Well, if you're an example of what he teaches, I understand why he doesn't.

Yes, I am a Buddhist. I am a passionate defender of human rights. I consider that one of my spiritual practices. It's also my spiritual practice to work with my feelings of hurt and anger and not to be phoney and put on a fake happy face when people are being deliberately hateful.

I can and will speak out against violence and hatred. FRC is a hate group. You support them.

What can I say? It's your choice. It saddens me.

Thanks to Christians like Gadawg, I know you're not all supporters of hate groups.

You are deliberatly hateful towards Christians if they don't exactly agree with your outlook about the gay lifestyle.

I am hurt and angry that you support Christian groups who use junk science and spread lies about gay people. You support Scott Lively, who went to Uganda to stir up shit toward gays there and who bragged that he 'set off a nuclear bomb against gays." He's on a world mission to oppress gay people. You support that. That hurts and angers me.

I don't care when Christians have biblical objections to homosexuality and don't want us in their churches. I object to Christians campaigning against us being able to civilly marry.

I object to Christians in Ameria who support Martin Ssempa.

I don't hate Christians, even those of you who completely hold me in contempt for my protest. I am hurt and angry and I won't be silent about oppression.

I would fight for your right to practice Christianity. Why don't you fight for my rights too?

Thank you Gadawg and rikules. You understand my frustration.

Last edited:

I'm angry about what some Christians do in the name of their God. Telling lies about gays and lesbians for one thing.

Does that make it okay for you to lie in turn then? Sky can do no wrong, she's a minority, therefore a victim. I think that's all you know, which is sad.

Forum List

Back