YOur kind of Christian; Family Research Council

I've shown this information to her many months ago, several times now. She continues to try to imply that it's a 'kill gays' bill whenever it's not, and that American churches are supporting the 'killing of gays' in Uganda when that's not anywhere near the truth. But, that's the only way she can hold onto her hatred, I think she believes her own lies. It's sad.

It was a kill gays bill. It's been changed to be a life imprisonment for gays bill. The Church supported Ssempa when it was a kill gays bill. They changed their tune when it became public knowledge that they supported Ssempa.

I absolutely oppose this group, Family Research Council. I am very surprised you all defend them. Scott Lively absolutely bragged about his work in Uganda as 'dropping sa nuclear bomb on gay people'. Lively is evil and I oppose evil.

I do not hate Lively or anyone else. I pray he wakes up before he dies.

But you're still calling it a 'kill gays' bill, when it's not. It's never been passed and it never will be, and there aren't any christian US churches that supported it. All lies.

If you have sex while HIV positive without disclosure, or sex with minors, you deserve to be punished under the law. AIDS is a very real and very rampant problem in Africa, and they're dealing harshly with those who are spreading it.

I'm calling it a kill gays bill because that is what it originally was and every media outlet who wrote a story on it called kill gays legislation.

The Church in Las Vegas stubbornly supported it for a long time until it was politically expedient to deny it.

You apparently approve of life imprisonment and execution of people who spread AIDS. You Christians only focus on the gays who spread AIDS when many heterosexuals also spread it. I think that shows prejudice and hatred toward gays.

You surprise and sadden me with your position.

Gadawg is a Christian and he is kind and understanding of why gays and lesbians are upset, hurt and angry over this. I appreciate that very much.

sky

Last edited:
So what? Fine. He's evil, if you like his work, support him. Just don't try and bullshit me about how moderate you are.

I don't have to 'bullshit' you about anything. You're the one that has to bullshit and put words in people's mouths that they didn't say in order to justify your hatred and bias. I asked you a question. Do you hate him? How are you any better than he is? Why do you only give a damn about anything that has to do with gay people? Is that all you care about? Where is your caring and compassion for those that are different from you? You expect others to care about people and ideas that are different than theirs, yet you're not willing to step up to the plate and do the same. That's called hypocrisy Sky, and you are full of it.

Hypocrisy would be if I didn't speak up. Of course, I am concerned about gay civil rights. I'm a lesbian. I'm the daughter of a gay man. I had to wait 25 years before I could marry my life partner only to have the RCC and LDS reverse the decision three months later.

No, I don't hate Scott Lively. I do think he's evil and must be stopped. He's on a world wide mission to cause suffering to gay people. Too bad you don't care about gay people as much as you do these hateful 'Christians'.

I care about many things and many kinds of people who are suffering. You don't know me or what I generally spend my time doing. I am a counselor and a teacher, and a volunteer crisis domestic violence advocate serving 24 hours a week on-call. I financially support a family of nine Tibetans exiled in India. I write to prisoners in the US who are studying Buddhism. I support nuns in Tibet. I vote. I write letters. I financially support the Teaching Tolerance project and the work of the Southern Poverty Law Center. I give blood. I'm kind to children and old people and animals. I'm concerned about many international issues and foreign policy.

Scott Lively is suffering from his hatred. I have to work hard to not return his hate. His actions hurt and anger me. I will speak out against him and I am sorry to see how many of you approve of his actions.

It makes me sick.

You think I'm a lousy Buddhist because I have the capacity to feel hurt and angry? So be it.
If you have no hate why must you lie to try to feel good?

I don't have to 'bullshit' you about anything. You're the one that has to bullshit and put words in people's mouths that they didn't say in order to justify your hatred and bias. I asked you a question. Do you hate him? How are you any better than he is? Why do you only give a damn about anything that has to do with gay people? Is that all you care about? Where is your caring and compassion for those that are different from you? You expect others to care about people and ideas that are different than theirs, yet you're not willing to step up to the plate and do the same. That's called hypocrisy Sky, and you are full of it.

Hypocrisy would be if I didn't speak up. Of course, I am concerned about gay civil rights. I'm a lesbian. I'm the daughter of a gay man. I had to wait 25 years before I could marry my life partner only to have the RCC and LDS reverse the decision three months later.

No, I don't hate Scott Lively. I do think he's evil and must be stopped. He's on a world wide mission to cause suffering to gay people. Too bad you don't care about gay people as much as you do these hateful 'Christians'.

I care about many things and many kinds of people who are suffering. You don't know me or what I generally spend my time doing. I am a counselor and a teacher, and a volunteer crisis domestic violence advocate serving 24 hours a week on-call. I financially support a family of nine Tibetans exiled in India. I write to prisoners in the US who are studying Buddhism. I support nuns in Tibet. I vote. I write letters. I financially support the Teaching Tolerance project and the work of the Southern Poverty Law Center. I give blood. I'm kind to children and old people and animals. I'm concerned about many international issues and foreign policy.

Scott Lively is suffering from his hatred. I have to work hard to not return his hate. His actions hurt and anger me. I will speak out against him and I am sorry to see how many of you approve of his actions.

It makes me sick.

You think I'm a lousy Buddhist because I have the capacity to feel hurt and angry? So be it.

I haven't lied. I've provided evidence. You ignore the evidence. This was called a 'kill gays bill' because it originally included execution, and now it's life imprisonment for gays. You support groups who hurt gay people.

That saddens me. You call me names, put me down and ignore my concerns and feelings. That hurts and saddens me.

Apparently, the Family Research Council represents your views. You're off my Christmas card list.

Last edited:
So what? Fine. He's evil, if you like his work, support him. Just don't try and bullshit me about how moderate you are.

It makes me sick.

Right, all of your 'causes' are about things that you care about because of your personal situations in life. Someone who is a christian has 'causes' that are things they care about in their personal situations in life. If they are in direct opposition to your causes, what makes yours right and theirs wrong?? Other than your own opinion?

The christian who crusades against the gay lifestyle is doing so because of their personal beliefs that they hold, and they believe that they are trying to make society better for their children and future generations. It doesn't mean that they hate gay people, they just feel that the actions of gay people are harming society in general. I'm not saying that I agree with that opinion, but I don't agree with you either that they don't have a right to feel that way and to speak out if they so choose too. You go too far in labeling them as a 'hate' group. If they are spreading hate with their actions, then you are doing so as well with yours. Everybody has a right to their opinon and to voice that opinion. Under your definition, anyone that doesn't approve of the gay lifestyle is a hater. That's simply not accurate. You don't approve of the christian lifestyle, you make thread after thread with examples and demonstrations of christians that you don't approve of for many various reasons, does that make you a hater? It certainly does when using your definition.

It was a kill gays bill. It's been changed to be a life imprisonment for gays bill. The Church supported Ssempa when it was a kill gays bill. They changed their tune when it became public knowledge that they supported Ssempa.

I absolutely oppose this group, Family Research Council. I am very surprised you all defend them. Scott Lively absolutely bragged about his work in Uganda as 'dropping sa nuclear bomb on gay people'. Lively is evil and I oppose evil.

I do not hate Lively or anyone else. I pray he wakes up before he dies.

But you're still calling it a 'kill gays' bill, when it's not. It's never been passed and it never will be, and there aren't any christian US churches that supported it. All lies.

If you have sex while HIV positive without disclosure, or sex with minors, you deserve to be punished under the law. AIDS is a very real and very rampant problem in Africa, and they're dealing harshly with those who are spreading it.

I'm calling it a kill gays bill because that is what it originally was and every media outlet who wrote a story on it called kill gays legislation.

The Church in Las Vegas stubbornly supported it for a long time until it was politically expedient to deny it.

You apparently approve of life imprisonment and execution of people who spread AIDS. You Christians only focus on the gays who spread AIDS when many heterosexuals also spread it. I think that shows prejudice and hatred toward gays.

Gadawg is a Christian and he is kind and understanding of why gays and lesbians are upset, hurt and angry over this. I appreciate that very much.

sky

Bolded - Yes I do, they are basically committing murder.

Red - When did I ever say that only gay people who spread it should be punished?

It makes me sick.

Right, all of your 'causes' are about things that you care about because of your personal situations in life. Someone who is a christian has 'causes' that are things they care about in their personal situations in life. If they are in direct opposition to your causes, what makes yours right and theirs wrong?? Other than your own opinion?

The christian who crusades against the gay lifestyle is doing so because of their personal beliefs that they hold, and they believe that they are trying to make society better for their children and future generations. It doesn't mean that they hate gay people, they just feel that the actions of gay people are harming society in general. I'm not saying that I agree with that opinion, but I don't agree with you either that they don't have a right to feel that way and to speak out if they so choose too. You go too far in labeling them as a 'hate' group. If they are spreading hate with their actions, then you are doing so as well with yours. Everybody has a right to their opinon and to voice that opinion. Under your definition, anyone that doesn't approve of the gay lifestyle is a hater. That's simply not accurate. You don't approve of the christian lifestyle, you make thread after thread with examples and demonstrations of christians that you don't approve of for many various reasons, does that make you a hater? It certainly does when using your definition.

The Christian who opposes marriage equality due to biblical objections is completely different than the Christian who spreads lies about gays because they hate us. Family Research Council lies about gays and YOU support them. They deserve their status as a hate group for using junk science against us.

I do not call anyone who disapproves of gays a hater. I call people who lie and want us to suffer haters. FRC and Scott Lively and his crowd hate gay people and YOU support them. YOU approve of executing gays.

I could care less about the 'Christian lifestyle' most of the time. When Christians are persecuted or killed I am concerned and would fight for their lives. When the 'Christian lifestyle' includes hate, I object vocally. I do not wish harm on any Christian, even the ones who hate me and hate ALL gays.

You pass yourself off as a moderate Christian but when the chips are down who you side with are the haters in your ranks.

That saddens me.

Last edited:

sky

Bolded - Yes I do, they are basically committing murder.

Red - When did I ever say that only gay people who spread it should be punished?

OK. I get it. You want to execute gays who are HIV positive and haven't disclosed that to their partners and you would do it with joy.

I don't support execution.

It makes me sick.

Why must you lie about me to feel good? Why do you enjoy trying to hurt me?

"I am the gay doctor," the physician whispered to me, making sure nobody around heard. He talked about the gay and lesbian couples who go to his office to avoid ridicule in public hospitals. "They know they can trust me, and trust is a big issue," he said. "There is the stigma of being gay, but also the stigma of being [HIV] positive. They are such hidden communities. Nobody wants to deal with their problems."

In a matter of weeks, the Ugandan doctor's admission to TIME could land him in jail and his patients on death row.
Even a reporter scribbling the doctor's words could be found to have "promoted homosexuality," an act punishable by five to seven years in prison.

The bill has an American genesis of sorts, inspired to a large extent by the visits of U.S. evangelicals who are involved with a movement that promotes Christianity's role in getting homosexuals to become "ex-gays" through prayer and faith. Ugandan supporters of the bill appear to be particularly impressed by the ideas of Scott Lively, a California conservative preacher who has written a book, The Pink Swastika, about what he calls the links between Nazism and a gay agenda for world domination, which, by itself, would have raised the anti-colonial sensitivities of Ugandan society. Says the Rev. Kapya Kaoma, an Episcopalian priest from Zambia who authored a recent report on anti-gay politics in Uganda, Nigeria and Kenya: "The U.S. culture wars have been exported to Africa."

One of the bill's loudest supporters is a charismatic pastor, Martin Ssempa, who heads a Ugandan campus AIDS eradication organization that is funded in part by the U.S. and who was associated with the global outreach of Southern California's Saddleback Church, run by Rick Warren, author of best-selling book The Purpose Driven Life. Ssempa has a penchant for burning condoms. In 2007, he organized a rally against homosexuality to protest "homosexual agents and activists" who were "infiltrating Uganda." Asked how the anti-homosexuality bill might affect the fight against HIV and AIDS, Ssempa seemed bemused. "I don't see what this bill has to do with HIV," he told TIME. Warren, who has called Uganda a "purpose-driven nation," cut ties with Ssempa in October as controversy over the bill grew.

Read more: Uganda's Anti-Gay Bill: U.S., Western Donors Keep Quiet - TIME

Last edited:
Mr. Kato had received a stream of death threats, his friends said. A few months ago, a Ugandan newspaper ran an antigay diatribe with Mr. Kato’s picture on the front page under a banner urging, “Hang Them.”

On Wednesday afternoon, Mr. Kato was beaten to death with a hammer in his rough-and-tumble neighborhood. Police officials were quick to chalk up the motive to robbery, but members of the small and increasingly besieged gay community in Uganda suspect otherwise.

“David’s death is a result of the hatred planted in Uganda by U.S. evangelicals in 2009,” Val Kalende, the chairwoman of one of Uganda’s gay rights groups, said in a statement. “The Ugandan government and the so-called U.S. evangelicals must take responsibility for David’s blood.”

Conservative Christian groups that espouse antigay beliefs have made great headway in this country and wield considerable influence. Uganda’s minister of ethics and integrity, James Nsaba Buturo, who describes himself as a devout Christian, has said, “Homosexuals can forget about human rights.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/28/world/africa/28uganda.html

Last edited:
I haven't lied. I've provided evidence. You ignore the evidence. This was called a 'kill gays bill' because it originally included execution, and now it's life imprisonment for gays. You support groups who hurt gay people.

That saddens me. You call me names, put me down and ignore my concerns and feelings. That hurts and saddens me.

Apparently, the Family Research Council represents your views. You're off my Christmas card list.

All of your evidence has been disputed and proven false. Nothing has been ignored. You do the ignoring of facts

First it was the Anti-Homosexuality Bill, that was never enacted. Virtually all of Uganda's major political and religious leaders—including the President, the Catholic Bishops Conference, and a parliamentary committee recommended the bill be thrown out as unconstitutional, effectively stopping it in its tracks.

The sole reason you keep harping in it and why it is so well know is the bs "kill the gays bill" propaganda driven by the lies that it was endorsed by American evangelical homophobia. It's an agenda and you are the tool

Your lies: I support the bill and/or I support hurting gays. You want to pretend you're saddend by lies? I say you're full of it. You try to put us on the defensive and when it fails you play the victim card. I just won't work

You waited 25 years to marry in the RCC church? The Chuch is against gay marriage, go elsewhere. Again, what 25 years....just wondering.

Unlike you I do hate those who willingly cause harm to others....through lies or violence.
You either lie to harm others or lie to hide from yourself. One I hate and one I pity.

You waited 25 years to marry in the RCC church? The Chuch is against gay marriage, go elsewhere. Again, what 25 years....just wondering.
RD QUOTE]

I didn't marry in the RCC. I happily left the RCC a long time ago. I waited to LEGALLY marry. My ceremony was in my Buddhist monastery performed by a Lama with the whole happy community in attendance.

Beware of anyone claiming to be a Christian if they are wearing "Christian" on the forehead, have a neon sign at home with "Christian" and tell everyone they meet they are a Christian. Special caution for the naive and gullible masses that listen to cults like the FRC that are not Christlike.
If you are Christlike you never have to tell ANYONE. Everyone will know it by your Christlike ACTIONS.
Well said but unfortunatly it goes over the heads of most so called christians who post here .

in the book they follow the jesus character loved everybody i only see hate in some form or another from many christians who post here .

seems to me they should worry more about their own *salvation*
lets presume being gay or supporting abortion is something god disapproves of he will in his own way administer justice .

where in the holy book does it say humans can second guess* god *and administer Punishment or hate to anybody ???

Evangelists with the same mission as those in Uganda have visited and continue to visit Trinidad and Tobago. There are four seminars planned for various venues here in March featuring Pastor Phillip Lee of His Way Out Ministries/ Exodus International, who will speak on the topics of coming out and homosexual conversion to heterosexuality. While anyone is entitled to believe in whatever religion they choose, and to have the full protection of the law in doing so, GLBT people do not enjoy the same rights in exercising their sexuality. Rather, their right to enjoy their human sexuality is constrained by laws that prohibit same-sex intercourse; people of the same sex in abusive domestic relationships are justifiably frightened to report the abuse to the police, for fear of harassment or intimidation; GLBT teens are too often targeted and attacked at school… the injustices and indignities are too many to list here.

The Family Planning Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) is happy the issue is being ventilated, but we are obliged to note that marriage is only one of several human rights currently denied to GLBT people in this country. As gender relations and human rights expert Diana Mahabir-Wyatt said in a Newsday article that week, “People should have the same rights under the law.” FPATT believes, as does its parent body the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), all people ought to have the right to express their sexuality without fear of oppression.

The IPPF Declaration states in Article Ten:

“All persons have the right to effective, adequate, accessible and appropriate educative, legislative, judicial and other measures to ensure and demand that those who are duty-bound to uphold sexual rights are fully accountable to them. This includes the ability to monitor the implementation of sexual rights and to access remedies for violations of sexual rights, including access to full redress through restitution, compensation, rehabilitation, satisfaction, guarantee of non-repetition and any other means.”
Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :

I didn't marry in the RCC. I happily left the RCC a long time ago. I waited to LEGALLY marry. My ceremony was in my Buddhist monastery performed by a Lama with the whole happy community in attendance.

So what does this mean?
I had to wait 25 years before I could marry my life partner only to have the RCC and LDS reverse the decision three months later.

Andy Kopsa over at The Florida Independent has an amazing investigative piece looking at the organization Project SOS, an abstinence-only program founded in 1993 by a woman named Pam Mullarkey. Turns out Mullarkey is best buds with a pastor in Uganda who has been championing a piece of legislation known as the Anti-Homosexuality Bill. That pastor? Martin Ssempa, the religious leader who travels around the country showing graphic pornography to men, women and children in order to whip up anti-gay sentiment, and who has said that LGBT people in the country deserve to be locked up in prison for life, or sentenced to the death penalty.

Ssempa's beliefs have been criticized the world over, and he's been marginalized by many religious leaders who once used to work with him. But that's not the story with Pam Mullarkey, who in addition to founding Project SOS, still serves on the organization's board of directors. In fact, Mullarkey has praised Martin Ssempa, and a quote from her is even featured on Ssempa's own web site.

"Martin Ssempa is the man to watch. He’s the most powerful voice for abstinence in the world and his passion, charisma and character make his vital message irresistible," Mullarkey says of the minister who wants to see LGBT people locked up in prison forever or killed. Now that's some charisma.

Now comes the real kicker though: Mullarkey's Project SOS has received some major funding from the U.S. Health and Human Service Department. Since 2002, Project SOS has received upwards of $6.5 million in federal funding, most recently in September 2010, when a $454,000 grant was given to the organization. All of that essentially means that an organization whose founder praises the work of one of the leading anti-gay activists in the world, gets a boatload of taxpayer money. Thanks, Uncle Sam!

Jacksonville Abstinence-Only Program Has Ties to Uganda "Kill the Gays" Pastor | Change.org News

http://floridaindependent.com/22289...am-has-ties-to-‘kill-the-gays’-ugandan-pastor

Last edited:

So what does this mean?
I had to wait 25 years before I could marry my life partner only to have the RCC and LDS reverse the decision three months later.

In the tiny window when it was legal for lesbians and gays to marry, I proposed to my wife and we were married, only to have the decision reversed.

RCC and LDS poured money into CA from out of state for Prop 8. Prop 8 denies civil marriage to gays and lesbians.

Last edited:
If Sky is a buddhist, so are the muslims.

I have a feeling Buddha's position on her would be "would you please shut the fuck up?"

I have a feeling YOUR position on me speaking is 'shut the fuck up'.

Buddha means 'awake'. Awake means we know what's going on inside and the true nature of all that passes through. Ineffable, impermanent.

Buddha is not a god who speaks.

Well, if you're an example of what he teaches, I understand why he doesn't.

FRC considers itself a Christian organization, it needs to act like one.

Spreading untrue stories about the lgbt community and then playing the evasion game when called out on this behavior is a Christian virtue.

Stating that you are a moral, Christian group doesn't necessarily make you one. FRC actions have been most un-Christian.

I'm sorry to see how many of you support them.

Homosexuality Is A Crime

Therefore, such officials and judges are not only anti-Christian by

approving of homosexuality, they make the civil government a vile cesspool

from which the abominations vomit out across the land. By displaying such a

contempt for the administration of Justice, such civil officials are not

only the source of the defilement (Lev.18:24-25), they are the criminals

(Rom.1:32), and a hostile enemy authorizing the destruction of the society

in which we live (Jude 1: 7).

Not only should Christian men fight for the safety of their families by

demanding that these civil officials repent, or resign from office

immediately, Christians should be demanding the strongest laws and

punishments against homosexuality be put into effect so as to cleanse the

pestilence from our society. (Lev. 20:13)

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have

committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood

shall be upon them." Leviticus 20: 13

--------------

http://www.balaams-ass.com/journal/housechu/quotes.htm

Dr. Paul Cameron

Exterminate gays

"At the 1985 Conservative Political Action Conference, Cameron announced to

the attendees, 'Unless we get medically lucky, in three or four years, one

of the options discussed will be the extermination of homosexuals.'

According to an interview with former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop,

Cameron was recommending the extermination option as early as 1983." - Mark

E. Pietrzyk, News-Telegraph, March 10, 1995.

---------

newt gingrich "we must change the laws of the land to refelct our (christian) religious beliefs and see to it that they can never be changed again"

----------------

conservative christian organizations (and their minions) believe that

1. America is a christian nation
2. biblical laws should be the law of the land

those laws would include making homosexuality and atheism (and all non-christian religions) a crime

LOGICALLY thinking; denying that these evangelical christians want to criminalize gays (and others) is evidence of a malfunctioning brain

now, whether they want to just incarcerate gays or exterminate them is still up for debate

I 'm certain many of them would have no problem executing homosexuals because, as we all know, all life is precious

Forum List

Back