Your Overtime Has Just Been Cut

Ame®icano;8774389 said:
According to Stalin you starve them into submission.
According to Obama you do the same.

Have you seen the size of most Americans these days?

I hardly think anyone is being "starved into submission".

Another fail by the good Rabbi Doucheberg.

True, nobody is starving. Except when left demand more money for food stamps, unemployment, entitlements...

Now lets talk about cuts in those programs. According to the left, we can't, people are starving.

Damn...

cuts to Snap is 8.6 billion over 10 years in FY 2015 budget..

Republicans want cheap labor.

So do democrats. So does everyone unless they are the ones doing the labor.

Easy to see that you and the other cons on this thread don't do any labor. BTW, the dems are the ones trying to raise the minimum wage and overtime, you stupid fuck.

Because of course we businesses owners will pay people more for doing the same thing if that's what politicians want us to.

Actually, we are smarter than you are. We automate, streamline, take people to part time, replace lower end workers with better ones if we have to pay more. The one and only thing we do not do is just pay more for the same job. All these laws harm you, not us.

Ame®icano;8774389 said:

True, nobody is starving. Except when left demand more money for food stamps, unemployment, entitlements...

Now lets talk about cuts in those programs. According to the left, we can't, people are starving.

Damn...

And we can trust that because when government projects costs will go down in the future, of course they always do...

Easy to see that you and the other cons on this thread don't do any labor. BTW, the dems are the ones trying to raise the minimum wage and overtime, you stupid fuck.

Because of course we businesses owners will pay people more for doing the same thing if that's what politicians want us to.

Actually, we are smarter than you are. We automate, streamline, take people to part time, replace lower end workers with better ones if we have to pay more. The one and only thing we do not do is just pay more for the same job. All these laws harm you, not us.

Yeah!

And all you workers out there just shut the fuck up and turn to! Otherwise Mr. Businessman will fire your worthless, lazy asses.

Yeah!

And all you workers out there just shut the fuck up and turn to! Otherwise Mr. Businessman will fire your worthless, lazy asses.

Because of course without government taking care of workers, they are just victims of their employer who have to do whatever they demand for whatever pay we give them. I suppose the belief that you're ocean kelp flowing in the tide makes life easier for you since it absolves you of the responsibility to face up to your own failures since you simply view them as not your fault, but it still sounds like a horrible way to live to me.

The way for employees to get more money is by caring more about their job, working harder and getting more training and education. The reality is we are competing for good employees just like employees are competing for jobs. We have to treat the ones who do a good job well or they leave.

Your view that the way they get paid more is to run to government and have politicians force us to pay more is just sad.

Yeah!

Here in America, anyone who works for a living has a wide and wonderful range of options when it comes to their job.

For example, if you don't like your job and/or your income, you can do any of the following things, even some combination therein:

• Increase your effort and quality of work to increase your rates of pay and promotion
  • Spend extra time, above and beyond your normal time, to accomplish something extra to demonstrate your drive, ability and commitment to your employer
  • Increase your education/skill set by taking it upon yourself to take outside courses that will make you more valuable to your employer or the open job market
  • Look for a new job where you feel you're being treated nicer
  • Demonstrate some real guts and effort and sacrifice and start your own business so you can at least have a clue what it's like, and then treat people the way you feel they should be treated

My goodness, I can only imagine how crazy and greedy the above sounds to many people here. I guess a person could also:

• Stand in the corner, and bitch and moan that someone else isn't nice to you; blame anything that is unsatisfactory in your life on someone else; claim that you're a victim; try to punish or damage your employer in some way; just never look in the mirror, whatever you do.

Your life, your call, your responsibility as an adult.

But, how do you make sure all those people do what you want them to?

According to Stalin you starve them into submission.
According to Obama you do the same.

Interesting... you say we aren't starving, but to hear the Democrats scream and holler when anyone touches welfare or food stamps, you'd think we were a third world country! Seriously?

Ame®icano;8774389 said:

Damn...

And? Nobody said reining in the deficit would be easy.

Yeah!

Businesses exist just to give people jobs and for nothing else. Got it.

This thing may not have as much of an effect as some may think.

As has been pointed out earlier in this thread, most people who are salaried are more likely to be those who are actually putting an effort into improving their lives, rather than whining about every little thing that their "rich, greedy and mean" managers and business owners do or don't do.

If this law had come down when I was a salaried employee, I would have kept working more than 40 hours and not said a word. My priority was improving my situation for myself and my family, not in counting how many hours I worked in a freaking week. Such an attitude is not in vogue any more, but that's how I have always been.

This story is actually an interesting illustration, highlighting the differences between those who are trying to improve their lives on their own, and those who would rather whine about their situation and wait for someone else to improve it. Most salaried workers probably fall into the first category, and will laugh at this silly law.

"Stop at forty hours? Fuck that, I have work to do."

I'll bet such a thought sounds crazy to many here, huh?

no its not. What utter stupidity.

I work in a state where they dont have to give you a fucking break period. IF you work 12 hours, fuck it you still dont get a break, even if its 12 hours on your feet.
Damn right i will " whine " about that, and whine about being paid fairly. Im not salary so this honestly wont affect me, but if i was salary and working 80 hours a week you damn right i would say something. Thats time away from my family. Thats time away from other things.
Hell i was salary at point and once the hours started to go down the owner decided to go back to hourly, because salary wasnt working for him at the moment. Sure was when i was working over 40 hours a week.

As has been pointed out earlier in this thread, most people who are salaried are more likely to be those who are actually putting an effort into improving their lives, rather than whining about every little thing that their "rich, greedy and mean" managers and business owners do or don't do.

If this law had come down when I was a salaried employee, I would have kept working more than 40 hours and not said a word. My priority was improving my situation for myself and my family, not in counting how many hours I worked in a freaking week. Such an attitude is not in vogue any more, but that's how I have always been.

This story is actually an interesting illustration, highlighting the differences between those who are trying to improve their lives on their own, and those who would rather whine about their situation and wait for someone else to improve it. Most salaried workers probably fall into the first category, and will laugh at this silly law.

I work in a state where they dont have to give you a fucking break period. IF you work 12 hours, fuck it you still dont get a break, even if its 12 hours on your feet.
Damn right i will " whine " about that, and whine about being paid fairly. Im not salary so this honestly wont affect me, but if i was salary and working 80 hours a week you damn right i would say something. Thats time away from my family. Thats time away from other things.
Hell i was salary at point and once the hours started to go down the owner decided to go back to hourly, because salary wasnt working for him at the moment. Sure was when i was working over 40 hours a week.

Wow. It must suck to work there.

Leave. Get a better job. Start your own business.

Life is short. I can't imagine choosing to stay there.

Wow. It must suck to work there.

Leave. Get a better job. Start your own business.

Life is short. I can't imagine choosing to stay there.

he closed down. Also not much i can do about state law except vote or move. Moving isnt an option right now.
The point is that when they can, business will screw you if they can.

According to you, you suck so badly at being an employee that you can't find a job that pays you what you think you are worth and treats you decently, and so that's on what is apparently the one guy who is willing to give you a job? Sounds like if you're that bad, you should be thanking him for keeping you. Seriously.

Republicans want cheap labor.

You suck at guessing, idiot. Nice of you to try and eliminate as many labor jobs as possible with your quixotic 'centralized control' schemes, pengyou.

Thats time away from my family. Thats time away from other things.

There it is. Liberals view work as an 'unfair' imposition; something that gets in the way of their 'real lives.'

And that about says it all.

:rolleyes:

According to you, you suck so badly at being an employee that you can't find a job that pays you what you think you are worth and treats you decently, and so that's on what is apparently the one guy who is willing to give you a job? Sounds like if you're that bad, you should be thanking him for keeping you. Seriously.

not really. It was a jewish bakery with a customer base he bought into and ran it into the ground. it was out of my hands, but sad. i liked that job.

Forum List

Back