Your Stories of how Gay Marriage ruined your Marriage

DOES the scripture I posted need"" interpretation "" for you??????====And the men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved.

Surely this is up to each person's conscience anyway. The US is a constitutional republic with freedoms and rights set out that the govt can't infringe against. It's not a religious country, there is no official religion, in fact this was the very intention of the 1st Amendment.

What someone does in their own bedroom is none of your business, you can choose to be boring and puritanical, or you can choose to be hedonistic and exciting, your choice, your conscience. You can even talk against gay sex etc.
However, preventing people, actually acting against people getting married is another matter. It's you getting you pene in the way of their life. And that isn't right. In fact it goes against the very principles of the Bill of Rights.

What if that person is Jeffery Dahmer?

Since NJ allows gay marriage it means that my marriage of 32 years is now a sham. I never would have gotten married in the first place if I had known they would someday allow gays the same privilege

So get a divorce.

Surely your other half and you have a relationship that is strong enough to not actually need marriage to keep you together, or do you?

You still get the benefits from the govt.

Me thinks he is just saying what he heard his wife say. :evil::badgrin:

Shame and guilt?!? Doesn't it take a pain in the ass to impose shame and guilt? Otherwise, where would that shame and guilt come from?

Thanks for being a pain in the ass!

So God let them go ahead into every sort of sex sin, and do whatever they wanted to—yes, vile and sinful things with each other’s bodies. 25 Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they prayed to the things God made, but wouldn’t obey the blessed God who made these things.

26 That is why God let go of them and let them do all these evil things, so that even their women turned against God’s natural plan for them and indulged in sex sin with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved.
Romans 1:24-27=======\SHAME AND GUILT!!!
We do not live in a theocracy, thank God! As soon as one person feels as if their interpretation of scripture is flawless, they begin lording it over everyone else, but with the force of law behind them. Look to theTaliban for your paradigm of God's rule.

Really? What is the difference between a bible thumper trying to outlaw abortion and a pro-choice advocate trying to get abortion legalized? I see no difference both are driven by their own beliefs. One difference I see is that the pro-choice side always claims the legal high ground. As if what they believe is written in some book just not one everyone can read, except maybe them. In other words they say that abortion and gay marriage is a right, really? Where is that written? So what they really want is for everyone to accept their view without question. Another difference I see is that the pro-choice side has the luxury of ALWAYS saying it is a religious issue although the difference between the two view is in fact one thing, a dead baby.

Shame and guilt?!? Doesn't it take a pain in the ass to impose shame and guilt? Otherwise, where would that shame and guilt come from?

Thanks for being a pain in the ass!

So God let them go ahead into every sort of sex sin, and do whatever they wanted to—yes, vile and sinful things with each other’s bodies. 25 Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they prayed to the things God made, but wouldn’t obey the blessed God who made these things.

26 That is why God let go of them and let them do all these evil things, so that even their women turned against God’s natural plan for them and indulged in sex sin with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved.
Romans 1:24-27=======\SHAME AND GUILT!!!
We do not live in a theocracy, thank God! As soon as one person feels as if their interpretation of scripture is flawless, they begin lording it over everyone else, but with the force of law behind them. Look to theTaliban for your paradigm of God's rule.

If any denomination tried to establish a theocracy now, the rest of the citizens would never tolerate it. They would the priests or imams or whatevers up against the wall.

Surely this is up to each person's conscience anyway. The US is a constitutional republic with freedoms and rights set out that the govt can't infringe against. It's not a religious country, there is no official religion, in fact this was the very intention of the 1st Amendment.

What someone does in their own bedroom is none of your business, you can choose to be boring and puritanical, or you can choose to be hedonistic and exciting, your choice, your conscience. You can even talk against gay sex etc.

However, preventing people, actually acting against people getting married is another matter. It's you getting you pene in the way of their life. And that isn't right. In fact it goes against the very principles of the Bill of Rights.

WE WILL ANSWER TO GOD on njudgment day not little man.

Well, I guess we can say that gay marriage has ruined GISMYS....:eusa_whistle:

Symptom, not cause. I have a feeling the "cause" is something only chemicals can mitigate.

DOES the scripture I posted need"" interpretation "" for you??????====And the men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved.

What if that person is Jeffery Dahmer?

If he wanted to marry a woman while in prison (if he wasn't dead) the SCOTUS says you must let him.

So you are for polygamy, incest and minors marrying?

Bullshit.

Next you will opine that there's no such thing as hate crimes, gay bashing and gay murder.

You live in your own little world of fiction and hate.

Being opposed to gay marriage does not equal a hate crime, gay bashing or murder.

The fact you have to resort to that equivalency shows you 1) lack of moral turpitude, and 2) your inability to argue from reason, instead resorting to name calling and "i want it just because i want it" line of "reasoning"

That's not what she wrote.
bodecea
You know....if it weren't for secular laws....many WOULD want to physically hurt us. Just my opinion, of course.

martybegan
Bullshit.

etc

You have no rational objection to abortion. This whole thread is nothing but BS based on BS lie in the OP. The OP made a statement attributing it to people who never make that statement and now it has once again gone where the liberal left takes everything, bashing Christians. You might as well join in and tell us how great your church is for standing for nothing. Not that the gay marriage thing is a religious thing. It is just that people, the majority that vote, don't think we need to redefine marriage it was even proved in California of all places.

No you're failing to analyze the issues. There were laws making it illegal for ALL women to access abortion. The Court struck them down, "creating" a right for all females to choose. That decision may be right or wrong. But it is not logically comparable to same sex marriage. It has nothing to do with equal protection.

States have laws saying straights may marry but gays can't. The reason this violates equal protection is that no one can state a rational reason why gays are different that straights in terms of loving one another and raising kids.

The point being, you have no rational argument against abortion. Abortion is now free and easy so tell me how has that effected your relationship with your children?

There are economic issues with gay marriage as there are issues, still, with who has access to the same laws. In other words, can we now restrict marriage between first cousins? Sister and Brother?

Abortion is not free - unless you go to the emergency room and then don't apy.

And, its certainly not easy.

Next you will opine that there's no such thing as hate crimes, gay bashing and gay murder.

You live in your own little world of fiction and hate.

Being opposed to gay marriage does not equal a hate crime, gay bashing or murder.

The fact you have to resort to that equivalency shows you 1) lack of moral turpitude, and 2) your inability to argue from reason, instead resorting to name calling and "i want it just because i want it" line of "reasoning"

That's not what she wrote.
bodecea
You know....if it weren't for secular laws....many WOULD want to physically hurt us. Just my opinion, of course.

martybegan
Bullshit.

etc

Reading comprehension seems to be an achilles heel for some on the Right.

How would three brothers marrying, or a mom and her daughter, destroy your marriage?

you understand there are differences, right?

why do right-wingers always go for what they think is disgusting instead of addressing the actual question.

the answer: no one cares about your approval. your lack of approval doesn't limit anyone else's rights.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Gay Marriage has wrecked anybodies marriage, unless of course one of the partners in a real marriage was a closet fag or bi-sexual wackadoodle. It has however degraded the institution of marriage to a point of being somewhat comical.

See Above ^

You're confusing opinion with fact.

The so-called "institution" of marriage is just the same as it has always been. Gay or straight or married to the building on the corner, its only as strong as the participants. And, its no one's business except those in the marriage.

And still, no one has made a case for marriage equality ruining a marriage.

Hardly -It was initially a foundation for siring a familyl and providng some sort of guarantee for the male that the children he was raising, supporting and defending were in fact the fruit of his own loin - not the mailman or milkman.

...or a Saint Bernard for that matter ? watch out for those slippery slopes there snoopy !

... its no one's business except those in the marriage.

Yup - can't argue with you on that, although my knee jerk reaction is to fight it tooth and nail - my rational side says ....sigh...faggots have the same rights as real people.

And still, no one has made a case for marriage equality ruining a marriage.

YUp, not ruining it ... but certainly degrading and cheapening it .

Once again, confusing opinion with fact.

The childish stamping of feet and declaring, "cuz its icky" doesn't cut it.

And how dare you try to make this about bestiality.

The only thing that "degrades and cheapens" is the extremely high rate of divorce among ALL those who are married.

Anybody else sick of the anti-Constitution bunch blaming gays for their own divorces?

Disagreeing politically is not bashing gays with a bible. When you have to stoop to this to silence political disagreement, you show yourselves to the thought police wanna-be's you really are.

Tell it to those who bash gays with a bible, like the many bible thumpers here and post #146.

The "thought police" are the narrow minded cons and fundies who have no reason for being against marriage equality, except that they don't like it.

This is like the other freedoms the right wants to end - if you don't like it, don't do it. But in the meantime, MYOB.

That's not the way equality works.

The only thought police here are the progressive statists. Only you assholes want to ruin people for disagreeing with you.

Yeah, its the left who is peeking in windows, taking away rights and trashing the Constitution.

From the beginning of time, it has always been the conservatives who are terrified of change. I can just hear you bozos whining about short hair in revolutionary times and long hair in the 60s.

How would three brothers marrying, or a mom and her daughter, destroy your marriage?

you understand there are differences, right?

why do right-wingers always go for what they think is disgusting instead of addressing the actual question.

the answer: no one cares about your approval. your lack of approval doesn't limit anyone else's rights.

LOL

I made the joke, '... marrying a bridge... ' and sure nuff, one pf them tried to make it about bestiality.

They can't stick to the issue because they have no case.

Except, "... its icky..."

There is a right to equal protection of (equal access to) the law in the Federal Constitution, including the right to access marriage law.

They can access it, they just can't marry people of the same sex, because, you know, it isn't equal.
What makes homosexuality unequal? Do homosexuals pay taxes? Do they serve in the military? Are they committing crimes by merely being homosexual? What criteria do you use to decide which sober, tax paying citizens are equal, worthy or eligible for the same protections under law as you? Should there be citizens who are 'unequal'?

According to cons, no one equal to a white male.

DON'T WASTE YOUR LIFE TRYING TO ARGUE AND FIGHT ALMIGHTY GOD!!!===So God let them go ahead into every sort of sex sin, and do whatever they wanted to—yes, vile and sinful things with each other’s bodies. 25 Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they prayed to the things God made, but wouldn’t obey the blessed God who made these things.

Romans 1:24-27

DON'T WASTE YOUR LIFE TRYING TO ARGUE AND FIGHT ALMIGHTY GOD!!!===So God let them go ahead into every sort of sex sin, and do whatever they wanted to—yes, vile and sinful things with each other’s bodies. 25 Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they prayed to the things God made, but wouldn’t obey the blessed God who made these things.

:cuckoo: Loony Taliban guy

BOTTOMLINE= YOU WILL BELIEVE THEWORD OF ALMIGHTY GOD or satan's lies!!!and you??

driving whether gay or straight is not different. being same sex married and opposite sex married is different, no matter how much you fervently hope it isn't. Equal protection doesn't apply if things are not equal.

Marrying whether gay or straight isn't different either. :D

yes, it is. Just because you think it isn't different doesn't make it so.

That's what I've been telling you -

Just because you don't like equality doesn't mean it should be the law of the land.

Just because you believe something, doesn't make it true.

BOTTOMLINE= YOU WILL BELIEVE THEWORD OF ALMIGHTY GOD or satan's lies!!!and you??

Or else you'll do what?

Forum List

Back