🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Youtube's Terms of Service Get Even More Strict

Private companies. They can do what they want within the law.

That's what rightwingers always used to claim.

They can, but I'll be keeping my dealings with them to a minimum.
:boo_hoo14:

:no_text11: Google is way too pervasive in everyone's lives. I don't use a Google account on the phone, either. Once you sign in on a phone, you can never sign out.
It is not pervasive in my life, and I doubt it is pervasive in 'everyone's lives.' LOL

Oh yeah? Take a look at the cookies from your browser. :th_BlackHelicopter:

Google is way too pervasive in everyone's lives. I don't use a Google account on the phone, either. Once you sign in on a phone, you can never sign out.

Hey, guy, Google has plenty of competitors... they just all suck.

I advertise my side business on Google and Bing.

70% of my business comes from Google.

I don't think I've ever had a bing customer.

The people have spoken. It's why we say we "Google" something and not "Bing" it.

And Bing had it's chance. It's owned by Microsoft, and MS put it in the operating systems of Windows.

And every last person just skipped over it and put Google in instead.

Private companies. They can do what they want within the law.

That's what rightwingers always used to claim.

:no_text11: Google is way too pervasive in everyone's lives. I don't use a Google account on the phone, either. Once you sign in on a phone, you can never sign out.
It is not pervasive in my life, and I doubt it is pervasive in 'everyone's lives.' LOL

Only 1/3 of Americans own guns. The majority of Americans want more effective gun control. You people are not as powerful and influential as you like to think.

Closed my account yesterday.

16culc.jpg

Yes, youtube is free from you and the EU is free from him.

16culc.jpg

Anyone who wants to delete their Google accounts should take the time to scrub them, first. Delete your search history, delete every file you have on Drive, delete every last email in your Gmail inbox, delete all of your YouTube history, and so on. Otherwise, all you're doing is quitting your account and leaving your profile for Google to control, which it can still use to profit from.

Google has said before that it has a profile for just about everyone, even if they've never used Google products before. That might be slightly exaggerated, but creating ghost profiles is still fairly easy to do. And any data you leave behind before you "delete" your account (which really isn't a deletion, they just deactivate and archive it) will be used exactly for those purposes. Another important step to keep Google's prying eyes out of your business is to block third party cookies. Even after all of this, Google still gets to peak into your life any time you send an email to someone who has a Gmail account or who gives Gmail access to an external account.

The issue has nothing to do with guns, gun control, or the Second Amendment – in fact the thread premise is a nonissue.

Only government has the authority to regulate firearms, consistent with Second Amendment case law, not private companies; what YouTube does or doesn’t allow has nothing to do with the availability of guns, the regulation of guns, or who is allowed to possess a firearm.

Once again conservatives are attempting to contrive a ‘controversy’ where none exists with lies and misinformation.

Youtube is a private company....:dunno:

Does Brietbart host anti-gun rights viewpoints?

Conservatives, unlike liberals, welcome opposing points of view. We love destroying them, after all. You will never see a conservative forum telling someone they cannot post a differing point of view. Regardless, youtube is trying to shut down free speech. Doen't matter if they are a private company. They are telling people that their opinions will not be heard. Are you OK with that?

In the end, everyone they carpet bomb in their crusade to silence everyone they disagree with will go straight to their competitors. This is the nature of the market, and I don't mind it one bit.

But here's the problem you gun nuts face.

Big corporations are suddenly realizing that your fetish is costing them more than any economic value that you bring.

The fact that most of us have to walk past three security checkpoints and do "active shooter drills" to get to our jobs is a huge hit to the bottom line.
Citations are needed for your "most of us" claim, "active shooter drills" wouldn't cost anything besides labor, and security checkpoints only have to be paid for once, and are also part of the standard labor costs of private security.

The fact that you have to call people who want to have weapons at all "nuts" even though they are simply defending their families and hunting, only goes to show you have no real argument to make, otherwise you wouldn't be resorting to adhoms.

Take your pathetic excuse for an argument back to the Flame Zone, that's where your mud-slinging belongs.
Youtube is a private company....:dunno:

Does Brietbart host anti-gun rights viewpoints?
I feel like you either didn't bother to read my OP, or you just assumed this was a complaint. I posted it in current events because it's currently happening, not because I think they shouldn't be allowed to.

In the end, everyone they carpet bomb in their crusade to silence everyone they disagree with will go straight to their competitors. This is the nature of the market, and I don't mind it one bit.

In the future, if you can't find anything in my post that's stating they can't or shouldn't be able to do or say something, then don't waste your time attempting to build up your strawman.

Who said I was responding to you? In the future, I suggest you note whether or not your post is being replied to before spouting off.
The fact that you didn't bother to quote anyone, generally a sign that someone is replying to the OP, and the fact that nobody was making the argument you were building up.

In that case, apply my statement to anyone ELSE you would have been building up your strawman for, it works just as well.

That's an assumption you're making.

On the other hand, I could be (and am) simply commenting on the incredible amount of whining by the right on what youtube, and FB, and Google are doing that they claim is discrimminatory. This is just the latest.
Are you saying that it is NOT discriminatory? Please look up the definition before you reply. You may save yourself some embarrassment.

Only 1/3 of Americans own guns. The majority of Americans want more effective gun control. You people are not as powerful and influential as you like to think.
Oh really? Who has all the guns? LOL! Where's YOUR army?

16culc.jpg

Anyone who wants to delete their Google accounts should take the time to scrub them, first. Delete your search history, delete every file you have on Drive, delete every last email in your Gmail inbox, delete all of your YouTube history, and so on. Otherwise, all you're doing is quitting your account and leaving your profile for Google to control, which it can still use to profit from.

Google has said before that it has a profile for just about everyone, even if they've never used Google products before. That might be slightly exaggerated, but creating ghost profiles is still fairly easy to do. And any data you leave behind before you "delete" your account (which really isn't a deletion, they just deactivate and archive it) will be used exactly for those purposes. Another important step to keep Google's prying eyes out of your business is to block third party cookies. Even after all of this, Google still gets to peak into your life any time you send an email to someone who has a Gmail account or who gives Gmail access to an external account.
The same goes for Facebook. Don't just quit. There is a way to completely delete your FB account. If you do not do this, FB still owns everything you've got on your account.

My army is the American military, the National Guard and America's law enforcement departments. Where's yours?

Citations are still needed for your "most of us" claim, and it's still part of security costs.

No, they aren't... I don't do citations for morons who aren't capable of learning.

I could sit here and cite polls all day that show most of us want stricter gun control, but frankly, why bother.

Big corporations are turning on you now, buddy. Ask the Homophobes how well that works out when they do.

Citations are also needed for your claims on percentages, more shootings are stopped with guns than committed, and just because you're more likely to shoot your family than protect them, that doesn't mean others are.

Kellerman Study. We've been over this a million times.

I'd also like to point out that schools are targets because they're gun free zones. Not that they should exist in the first place, public education is garbage.

No, dummy, schools are targets because that's how you create maximum horror. But you have a point, Public education was a waste in your case.

Your minority of pansies don't speak for most of the nation. The sooner you realize that most of us like having rights, the sooner you'll stop being such a joke across the forum.

Thanks Received JoeB131 - 8055
Thanks received Pumpkinhead- 2451

WHOOOPS.
You don't do citations because all of your assertions are based on nothing. The fact that you can't back up any of your statements just makes you a waste of time. In short, if you can't make any citations, you aren't debating, you're blustering.

Citation needed, simply saying "Kellerman Study" doesn't show me the study. Of course, he's probably a fraud in the first place, so you're probably better off not showing me.

No, schools are targets because nobody in a school has any means to defend themselves. Criminals, much like oppressive governments, like their victims unarmed.

Youtube is cracking down further on anything second amendment-related. Liberty Network's Mister Dapperton reads off the changes for us.

From the YouTube website:

“Policies on content featuring firearms

YouTube prohibits certain kinds of content featuring firearms. Specifically, we don’t allow content that:

Intends to sell firearms or certain firearms accessories through direct sales (e.g., private sales by individuals) or links to sites that sell these items. These accessories include but may not be limited to accessories that enable a firearm to simulate automatic fire or convert a firearm to automatic fire (e.g., bump stocks, gatling triggers, drop-in auto sears, conversion kits), and high capacity magazines (i.e., magazines or belts carrying more than 30 rounds).

Provides instructions on manufacturing a firearm, ammunition, high capacity magazine, homemade silencers/suppressors, or certain firearms accessories such as those listed above. This also includes instructions on how to convert a firearm to automatic or simulated automatic firing capabilities.

Shows users how to install the above-mentioned accessories or modifications.”

Policies on content featuring firearms - YouTube Help

This policy is perfectly appropriate and reasonable – videos featuring gun reviews, gun maintenance, and range demonstrations will still be allowed.

Consequently, the OP is a lie, there is no ‘crackdown’ on ‘anything’ Second Amendment-related because the policy doesn’t pertain to the majority of gun videos on the site.

The OP is also ignorant, as the Second Amendment concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons and entities, such as web hosting sites.

Because this is a private company and not government, nothing YouTube does is ‘Second Amendment-related.’

This thread is yet another example of dishonesty, demagoguery, and lies from the right.

You apparently forgot which amendment was the second, and even if you didn't, girearms are inherently related to the second amendment, making my statement true.

I never said Youtube couldn't chase their customers to a different platform.

I also never said that most gun channels fell under that category.

By definition, even if it was only a few channels, and it isn't, it still falls under the definition of crackdown, you ignorant time-waster:
Wl23yBh.png

They are factually taking measures to restrict "undesirable" activity. My usage of the word is spot on, and you're simply ignorant.

I hope you didn't spend too much time building up that strawman.

Last edited:

My army is the American military, the National Guard and America's law enforcement departments. Where's yours?
Sorry. Many from your army will be on OUR side.

The projected active duty end strength in the armed forces for fiscal year 2017 was 1,281,900 servicemembers, with an additional 801,200 people in the seven reserve components.

There are around 100,000,000 gun owners in America. If we decided to act, no one could stop us. No government can exist without the consent of the governed. Remember that.

16culc.jpg

The same goes for Facebook. Don't just quit. There is a way to completely delete your FB account. If you do not do this, FB still owns everything you've got on your account.

Facebook is a little more stalkerish when it comes to data. There's no real way to delete your Facebook data. Once they have it, Facebook will keep your profile for all time. Facebook does not provide any meaningful way to scrub your profile. At most, you can do things like unliking business pages, but Facebook will still retain the data in their databases. Facebook knows every person who was ever on your friends list, every page you ever liked, every message you ever sent. Changing these things on the user end never changes what Facebook retains in their profile about you. Even after you fully delete (not just deactivate) your account, Facebook will continue to retain all data in their ghost profile about you, and will continue to collect data on you to expand that profile long after you've deleted your account.

16culc.jpg

Facebook is a little more stalkerish when it comes to data. There's no real way to delete your Facebook data. Once they have it, Facebook will keep your profile for all time. Facebook does not provide any meaningful way to scrub your profile. At most, you can do things like unliking business pages, but Facebook will still retain the data in their databases. Facebook knows every person who was ever on your friends list, every page you ever liked, every message you ever sent. Changing these things on the user end never changes what Facebook retains in their profile about you. Even after you fully delete (not just deactivate) your account, Facebook will continue to retain all data in their ghost profile about you, and will continue to collect data on you to expand that profile long after you've deleted your account.
You are mistaken. You can complete erase your account. Even the backup data.
How do I permanently delete my account? | Facebook Help Center | Facebook

16culc.jpg

You are mistaken. You can complete erase your account. Even the backup data.
How do I permanently delete my account? | Facebook Help Center | Facebook

Keep thinking that. Just because you have deleted your account does not mean Facebook deletes what they know about you. Facebook will never delete what they know about you. Never. Like Google, Facebook maintains ghost profiles of people who have never used Facebook. They will keep everything they've learned about you in their ghost file. They have become rather good at extracting information about people through secondary methods. For example, once Facebook manages to figure out your Google ID, they will suss you out by reading Google data. Deleting your Facebook account might prevent you from recovering your account as it existed, but they aren't deleting their access to that data.

Facebook has even become adept at connecting multiaccount users and combining them into single identities. Some time ago there was a small dust up when sex workers discovered that Facebook was serving up their clients as "people you may know" and vise versa, despite having absolutely nothing in common that would seem to be visible. In some instances, girls maintained fully independent online identities that never crossed in any ways. Separate phone numbers, separate names, separate email accounts, sometimes even separate devices that never "cross the barrier" by ever being used to log in to the other accounts. Much of Facebook's data collection about people happens outside of Facebook. By the time someone creates a Facebook account for the very first time Facebook already knows quite a bit about you, and they are usually able to peg you to the appropriate ghost account almost instantly.

Forum List

Back