🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

1 in 6 Draw Welfare in Predominantly Red States

Private landlords do well in capitalist countries.

whats-your-point_zpsxbxlkku2.jpg
As long as homes exist to provide money for landlords, the needs of the homeless and the working poor will prop-up the capitalist system by paying rent.

Again, I don't think anyone wants to deny a legitimately disabled person some benefits but when the government doesn't saddle up for any of the claims, it looks as though people are taking advantage. Especially in the red states.

My sister went legally blind when her retinas started detaching. It still took years for her get SS disability.

Are there people gaming the system? Maybe. But the real problem is that since the labor market is controlled by employer need and not workers needs, a lot of these people could work somewhere, it's just no one wants to hire them.

I am sincerely sorry for your sister and the years to get SS disability. Clearly a function of bureaucratic inefficiency. As per your comment on the labor market, the market is not controlled by the employer. The employer reacts to the market. Show me an employer devoid of egregious government regulation, unreasonable Union demands, and arbitrary wage demands that is choosing not to hire.
As long as a person's labor can be exploited by a company, he will get hired.

The Greatest Exploitation of Labor I have ever witnessed in my life is when a locked in 1% wealthy eliminates a middle class and then tells the masses that everything is now "equal". Many members of those masses choose to leave for the United States because US, while not perfect, perfectly executes the extension of equal OPPORTUNITY more than any other economic system in the World. I defy a Liberal to site a country or system that provides more equal opportunity vs. US.
Typical European Union countries have more social and economic equality than the USA. The largest EU economy is Germany where there is manifestly more equality than the USA.

There is less middle class and upward economic mobility via opportunity in EU. People want economic opportunity equality.

Heard of a guy in East Texas who had 100% disability and was making more than 200K a year running several night clubs.

SSI is a scam for many in East Texas, yes.
You heard, do you have a link, especially the SSI is a scam for many in East Texas, tia.

My sister went legally blind when her retinas started detaching. It still took years for her get SS disability.

Are there people gaming the system? Maybe. But the real problem is that since the labor market is controlled by employer need and not workers needs, a lot of these people could work somewhere, it's just no one wants to hire them.

I am sincerely sorry for your sister and the years to get SS disability. Clearly a function of bureaucratic inefficiency. As per your comment on the labor market, the market is not controlled by the employer. The employer reacts to the market. Show me an employer devoid of egregious government regulation, unreasonable Union demands, and arbitrary wage demands that is choosing not to hire.

The Greatest Exploitation of Labor I have ever witnessed in my life is when a locked in 1% wealthy eliminates a middle class and then tells the masses that everything is now "equal". Many members of those masses choose to leave for the United States because US, while not perfect, perfectly executes the extension of equal OPPORTUNITY more than any other economic system in the World. I defy a Liberal to site a country or system that provides more equal opportunity vs. US.
Typical European Union countries have more social and economic equality than the USA. The largest EU economy is Germany where there is manifestly more equality than the USA.

There is less middle class and upward economic mobility via opportunity in EU. People want economic opportunity equality.
Equality does not depend on a few people being able to enter the high income upper middle class but in the disparity of income. The USA is about the worst country in the free world for the gaping gap between the top upper middle class and the poorer working class. The U.S. poverty rate in 2011 was higher compared to all other OECD countries other than Israel, Mexico and Turkey - none of which are in the European Union.
How the U.S. compares on income inequality and poverty

As long as homes exist to provide money for landlords, the needs of the homeless and the working poor will prop-up the capitalist system by paying rent.

What do you mean by "as long as homes exist?" It's not like they were sitting there and somebody decided they would take over and start making money on them. We have to use our hard earned money to buy those homes in order to rent them out.

Equality does not depend on a few people being able to enter the high income upper middle class but in the disparity of income. The USA is about the worst country in the free world for the gaping gap between the top upper middle class and the poorer working class. The U.S. poverty rate in 2011 was higher compared to all other OECD countries other than Israel, Mexico and Turkey - none of which are in the European Union.

2011, now let's see, who was President at that time? Who allowed the feds to pump in trillions of dollars into the stock market to artificially inflate the market so millionaires could make millions more?

What do you mean by "as long as homes exist?" It's not like they were sitting there and somebody decided they would take over and start making money on them. We have to use our hard earned money to buy those homes in order to rent them out.
In the European Union, government has built low-income dwellings which do not exist to provide income for a landlord class but remain in the ownership of the state.

Blue States are from Scandinavia, Red States are from Guatemala
A theory of a divided nation

...In the red states, government is cheaper, which means the people who live there pay lower taxes. But they also get a lot less in return. The unemployment checks run out more quickly and the schools generally aren’t as good. Assistance with health care, child care, and housing is skimpier, if it exists at all. The result of this divergence is that one half of the country looks more and more like Scandinavia, while the other increasingly resembles a social Darwinist’s paradise.
Blue States are from Scandinavia, Red States are from Guatemala
You're a retard. You post one inane thing after the other and it's all based on the goodness of big government. Less government automatically is bad, the bigger the better.

You can enjoy big government and the dependency it creates but you don't get to decide values for others. All you are doing it beating your meat and strutting around like you actually did something.

That's great for democracies because we aren't one. We are a Republic.

Correct. Social programs are written in party manifestos, but not the Constitution or the responsibility of government in general. Our founders never wanted the people to be dependent on the federal government, and as we've seen, it's a terrible idea.
Yes, Ray, we are a democratic republic, meaning we elect representative to govern in our republican system. Your opinion about 'social program's is merely an opinion. And from the rise of the Progressive Age in 1912 the living standard of America rose to lead the world. The world is still trying to get here.

Yes it did, but had nothing to do with social programs. Social programs make people lazy and dependent on their federal government. Our founders never wanted that.

Without false premises, distortions and lies what would right wingers EVER have?

All Property, indeed, except the Savage's temporary Cabin, his Bow, his Matchcoat, and other little Acquisitions, absolutely necessary for his Subsistence, seems to me to be the Creature of public Convention. Hence the Public has the Right of Regulating Descents, and all other Conveyances of Property, and even of limiting the Quantity and the Uses of it. All the Property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other Laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it. Ben
Franklin

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, Annals of Congress, 1794
Republicans would agree with James Madison's centuries-old thinking.

Correct, we do, and do you know why? Because if we followed the words of Madison, we would not be 20 trillion in debt nor have the government dependency we have today.

Especially in the red states. Ooooh, that's positively orgasmic. How can they compete morally with the angelic beings dwelling in the heavenly blue states?
What's really weird is the fact that 1 in 5 get Welfare nationwide....so it has to be worse in Blue States like California. And a Red State like Texas has alot of illegals dragging down the numbers.

1 in 5? CONservative "math" huh Cupcake?
Slightly less than that. 21%.

Do the math., Libroid....

Link Cupcake? Because I don't accept SS which you pay into is welfare Cupcake :)
Government withholding is paying into welfare? Oh, I see, calling someone cupcake makes it true and you smart, right?

LOL

2011, now let's see, who was President at that time? Who allowed the feds to pump in trillions of dollars into the stock market to artificially inflate the market so millionaires could make millions more?
Income inequality in the USA will be about the same regardless of who is president. The capitalist system is entrenched there.

Yes, Ray, we are a democratic republic, meaning we elect representative to govern in our republican system. Your opinion about 'social program's is merely an opinion. And from the rise of the Progressive Age in 1912 the living standard of America rose to lead the world. The world is still trying to get here.

Yes it did, but had nothing to do with social programs. Social programs make people lazy and dependent on their federal government. Our founders never wanted that.

Without false premises, distortions and lies what would right wingers EVER have?

All Property, indeed, except the Savage's temporary Cabin, his Bow, his Matchcoat, and other little Acquisitions, absolutely necessary for his Subsistence, seems to me to be the Creature of public Convention. Hence the Public has the Right of Regulating Descents, and all other Conveyances of Property, and even of limiting the Quantity and the Uses of it. All the Property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other Laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it. Ben
Franklin

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

Correct, we do, and do you know why? Because if we followed the words of Madison, we would not be 20 trillion in debt nor have the government dependency we have today.
Your opinion is groundless speculation.

Franklin

Your opinion is groundless speculation.

It is? Then why don't you take a look at our spending and tell me what isn't benevolence? Food stamps, school lunch program, foreign aid, funding planned parenthood, HUD, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, welfare checks, Obama Care, day care centers........

Yes, that's all benevolence and so much more I don't have time to list.

It takes decades to recover from.democrat rule in the South..

Don't worry we are getting there

the "Democrats" aren't the problem in the South. It's the fact you are the result of centuries of inbreeding that's the problem.

Yup FDR fucked up..
Five of my friends died plus my wife in there 40s...guess where that money went?

A huge Ponzi scheme..

I got around $200 bucks from the government when she died..

That's it after the thousands of dollars she put in the system working everyday.

Well, no, it's there for a reason. The reason being to protect the elderly no matter what the economy is. Now, you could have put that money in stock market and lost it all in the 2001 or 2008 crashes. But you will have that money if you live to be 65 and retire. If you don't live to 65, you won't need it.

Cosl is far from its way out munchkin meth dealer..

Reality says otherwise. Put down the damned Bottle, it's Sunday Morning.

coal-for-electricity-rolling-monthly-minimum2.png

Income inequality in the USA will be about the same regardless of who is president. The capitalist system is entrenched there.

No it has not been the same. It's been increasing since the 90's. Do you know why? Because of technology and more things to buy today.

The only people responsible for income inequality are the consumers. This week, you are going to freely give your money to the top 1%; in fact I'd be willing to bet you will do it several times this week.

You are going to pay your cable bill, your internet bill, your cell phone bill, stop at a fast food joint, buy gasoline, stop at Walmart or some other store, pay your satellite radio bill, NetFlix, buy an application for your computer or phone.........

We simply have way more things to buy today than we ever have in the past. That's how income inequality happens. If you don't like income inequality, then don't buy anything you don't have to have. We will miss you when you give up being on this internet.

No, you can work on SS disability and even SS. You are limited to what kind of income you can have, but they do let you work. I dated a girl on SS and have two tenants on SS: one fully dependent and the other partial. They both have jobs.

Poor Racist from Cleveland can't get health insurance and most of his friends are on disability... but please tell us again how awesome you are.

No, you refer to White People Welfare because you are a self-hating white person with race paranoia.

NO, I refer to it as that to point out that people like you are okay with "welfare" as long as it is the kind white people enjoy. You just called them "Middle Class Entitlements" and you have no problem with them. They make up most of the budget, of course, the charity we give poor people of color is a pittance.

It is? Then why don't you take a look at our spending and tell me what isn't benevolence? Food stamps, school lunch program, foreign aid, funding planned parenthood, HUD, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, welfare checks, Obama Care, day care centers........

At it's a pittance. Leaving out Medicare, we just don't spend that much on poor people.

Here', check out this chart.

Budget_pie_chart_meme.jpg

What we only made cars with our industry Cupcake? IF that's all it was why is Germany 40% the size of US and yet they export as much as US Cupcake? OH RIGHT, THEY HAVE GOOD GOV'T POLICIES!

Reagan GUTTED taxes on the richest AND his and the CONServatives policies REWARDED those (Chinese/Mexico) "job creators" to off shore US jobs

What bullshit. Companies didn't leave because of any permission by the government. The only tax breaks companies get when they leave is writing off their moving expenses. That's it. The rest is a liberal lie. Need the FactCheck article? I have it in my folder, just ask.

Unions and government are responsible for the jobs leaving this country. The American consumer buys whatever items are the cheapest. That's how Walmart became our number one store. That's why brick and mortar stores are closing up all the time, because people get cheaper products through the internet.

In order for a company to sell products to the American consumer, they have to produce those products as cheap as possible. It had nothing to do with Reagan.

Unions and government are responsible for the jobs leaving this country.

isn't that like blaming a rape victim for a short dress?

"Wow, you are demanding clean air and good wages, you ungrateful bastards!"

seriously, dude, you are the kind of person whose boss cancels your health insurance, and you blame the government.

Poor Racist from Cleveland can't get health insurance and most of his friends are on disability... but please tell us again how awesome you are.

Most of my friends? Well.........three people being most of my friends is probably your situation, not mine.

NO, I refer to it as that to point out that people like you are okay with "welfare" as long as it is the kind white people enjoy. You just called them "Middle Class Entitlements" and you have no problem with them. They make up most of the budget, of course, the charity we give poor people of color is a pittance.

You really need a shrink. You can't discuss one issue on USMB without inserting race into it. White people get welfare like black people get welfare. Because of our majority population, there are more whites on all programs than blacks; not per capita,but by total amount. So there is no such thing as black welfare and white welfare. It's another delusion in your mind.

At it's a pittance. Leaving out Medicare, we just don't spend that much on poor people.

Here', check out this chart.

We were not talking about poor people, we were talking about benevolence which yes, includes Medicare and SS:

total_spending_pie,__2015_enacted.png

Forum List

Back