10/2020: Solar is now ‘Cheapest Electricity in History’, confirms IEA

Yes, coal is dirty and coal is used to melt silica to polysilicon. Silica to solar grade is another step. Blast furnaces. And what chemical are required, that only come from Oil?

Then we need More coal and oil, to make steel and fiberglass for wind turbinewood.

You can not have wind or solar when there is no More oil. Carbon, I guess the carbon you need you can get from cutting down more trees.

Such a short lived, piss poor solution, use our natural resources as fast as possible building wind towers and solar panels that dont give us the electricity we need.

Death, both my parents died of cancer before they were 59 years old.
Yes, but ie, One coal fired plant can probably easily make enough solar panels in a Year for 20/30?+ Solar Power plants.
Ergo gradually phasing out those Coal plants not needed for that purpose alone, as well as other Fossil Fuel plants.
ie:
Coal usage Down 50% while Wind and Solar rose tremendously. (up, 500%/1000%? in 15 years)
Hmmm.

1703537404222.png

Elektra is not just wrong he's a raging Liar who cannot debate me.
`

Last edited:
Yes, but ie, One coal fired plant can probably easily make enough solar panels in a Year for 20/30?+ Solar Power plants.
Ergo gradually phasing out those Coal plants not needed for that purpose alone, as well as other Fossil Fuel plants.
ie:
Coal Down 50% while Wind and Solar rose tremendously. (up, 500%?)
Hmmm.

View attachment 878584

`
Our last remaining coal-fired electric plant in Nebraska is being phased out. Solar and wind are two reasons why.

Went to fact check . You are wrong , in most cases they pay for their carbon imprint in 6 months. And given they last for 20 - 30 years. That's all gravy , making them the best choice around.

No, that is propaganda. Look up real numbers, not what the industry claims.

ie:
Coal usage Down 50% while Wind and Solar rose tremendously. (up, 500%/1000%? in 15 years)
Hmmm.

Elektra is not just wrong he's a raging Liar who cannot debate me.
Solar vs coal?

Make your best argument, prove it.

Solar vs coal?

Make your best argument, prove it.
Burn coal forever and burn the planet. Burn coal in a very limited fashion and save the planet from us. That's the solution. It's not a them or us situation , we all live on this planet and want the best for it and us.

Burn coal forever and burn the planet. Burn coal in a very limited fashion and save the planet from us. That's the solution. It's not a them or us situation , we all live on this planet and want the best for it and us.
how do you save the planet by using heavy industry to buil solar panels and wind turbines

you leave out the fact that solar and wind are very weak

There isn't enough energy in fossil fuels to "burn the planet".

Where do you come up with this infantile bullshit.

The Earth has been much warmer for 75% of its existence.

There have been times when the CO2 content of the atmosphere was at 7000ppm. The Earth didn't burn up then, and it can't burn up now.

how do you save the planet by using heavy industry to buil solar panels and wind turbines

you leave out the fact that solar and wind are very weak
Your opinion bolstered on bias opinions. Not facts. Wind and Solar will play an important , rapidly increasing role in the future of this world. Plus geothermal is vastly underutilized as are tidal basins. The future looks bright and clean.

Your opinion bolstered on bias opinions. Not facts. Wind and Solar will play an important , rapidly increasing role in the future of this world. Plus geothermal is vastly underutilized as are tidal basins. The future looks bright and clean.

With lots of blackouts.

Yes, I agree that geothermal is an important energy source. Major technical difficulties need to be overcome, however. Namely, the fact that because the liquid is incredibly corrosive you have to basically rebuild the plant every 5 years or so.

That, and the fact that evil fracking is essential for it to work at all.

You spew out one sentence opinions as if they can resolve our need for electricity.

Wind, Expensive, Intermittent, Weak Output

Solar, Expensive, Intermittent, Weak Output

The biggest joke, or elephant in the room, in regards to solar and wind, is you can not use them when you need them. Meaning, for heavy industry to keep our economy going.

Geothermal, hahahahahahahaha

You spew out one sentence opinions as if they can resolve our need for electricity.

Wind, Expensive, Intermittent, Weak Output

Solar, Expensive, Intermittent, Weak Output

The biggest joke, or elephant in the room, in regards to solar and wind, is you can not use them when you need them. Meaning, for heavy industry to keep our economy going.

Geothermal, hahahahahahahaha
I guess you believe you're important or even correct on this matter. We'll see how it all works out. I hope you can laugh at yourself.

I guess you believe you're important or even correct on this matter. We'll see how it all works out. I hope you can laugh at yourself.

We laugh at you silly people. No need to laugh at ourselves.

Unlike you, we understand physics

still waiting for you to post, how many wind turbines and solar panels we need, and what they will cost

or, how about just telling us the total cost so far

still waiting for you to post, how many wind turbines and solar panels we need, and what they will cost

Economist Todd worked this all out long ago and the magic number is apparently $76 trillion.

But since you believe there is no problem with which to deal, you would object to a single thin dime being spent on it and the total cost should be completely irrelevant to you.

Economist Todd worked this all out long ago and the magic number is apparently $76 trillion.

But since you believe there is no problem with which to deal, you would object to a single thin dime being spent on it and the total cost should be completely irrelevant to you.
CERES has stated as much and more, our politicians claim the cost to be more, $76 trillion is to start.

Total cost should be irrelevant? I pay the total cost, in higher electricity rates, higher fossil fuel rates, higher inflation, higher food costs, higher home cost, higher everything.

You cannot make the claim that the cost of $76 trillion will not be felt by the consumers!

Nuclear is the only logical thing to do, for 10$ trillion we will have thousands of times more power, and will not need a new grid. Time to make electricity a local issue, a city issue. NOT FEDERAL.

I have no idea the cost involved. All I know is we can't keep going on the way we were and survive on this planet. And yes it's going by to cost a great deal but look at the costs in both health and environment fossil fuels have cost us. Threatening our very existence. Extreme weather is becoming the new normal and that's not good. This is the first year the disaster relief fund ran out of money. Look up the costs of fossil fuels and you'll understand the big picture.

I have no idea the cost involved. All I know is we can't keep going on the way we were and survive on this planet. And yes it's going by to cost a great deal but look at the costs in both health and environment fossil fuels have cost us. Threatening our very existence. Extreme weather is becoming the new normal and that's not good. This is the first year the disaster relief fund ran out of money. Look up the costs of fossil fuels and you'll understand the big picture.
Costs of fossil fuel, partially/largely driven by solar and wind projects. They really use fossil fuel by the millions of tons.

Inefficient use of natural resources can never be advocated let alone used. We are way beyond that.

Inefficient, is not an answer to the problems you fear

Forum List

Back