10/2020: Solar is now ‘Cheapest Electricity in History’, confirms IEA

I live in Nebraska , out in the country years ago . My mother visited and she asked what's that howling noise and I said it's just the wind. We have wind most of the time day and night. And if they put out too much energy it's shifted to batteries. In the state of Nebraska if a person produces more energy than they need the state is obligated by law to buy it back. For years here in town , on one of the surrounding hilltops there's a home to which the owner put up a wind turbine and has an array of solar panels. He says he likes getting those checks from the electric company for the last 20 years.
that howling noise is not every night, it is not even most nights, and your mother had to ask what noise, the wind was making?

more bullshit,

Battery back up? More bullshit

Nebraska, solar and wind is a bad idea, subsidized and ruled and regulated to be used. Not a free market, not the best solution, solar and wind are the worst solution, forced onto consumers, paid for by subsidies.

Anytime you wish to get into the details any particular project, step up with some facts.

that howling noise is not every night, it is not even most nights, and your mother had to ask what noise, the wind was making?

more bullshit,

Battery back up? More bullshit

Nebraska, solar and wind is a bad idea, subsidized and ruled and regulated to be used. Not a free market, not the best solution, solar and wind are the worst solution, forced onto consumers, paid for by subsidies.

Anytime you wish to get into the details any particular project, step up with some facts.
Scranton, Pa , like most of Northeastern Pa. had very light winds
Only once in 1964 the aftermath of one of those bad hurricanes came up the valley with torrential rains and wind. That's changing now
My brother still lives back there and told me that in one recent storm whole forests of trees were thinned and the forest floor isn't open anymore. The increased light allows for massive undergrowth. This in turn will cause / increase the intensity and number of forest fires in.the future. It's all a vicious cycle caused by climate change. Explained all that because you don't seem to comprehend what is going on in the world.

Scranton, Pa , like most of Northeastern Pa. had very light winds
Only once in 1964 the aftermath of one of those bad hurricanes came up the valley with torrential rains and wind. That's changing now
My brother still lives back there and told me that in one recent storm whole forests of trees were thinned and the forest floor isn't open anymore. The increased light allows for massive undergrowth. This in turn will cause / increase the intensity and number of forest fires in.the future. It's all a vicious cycle caused by climate change. Explained all that because you don't seem to comprehend what is going on in the world.
your idea, to build more, create more CO2 drives your climate change

your idea, to build more, create more CO2 drives your climate change
Climate change is driven by 3 major factors ; 1. The overuse of fossil fuels. 2. Deforestation and 3. Agricultural waste from livestock ( methane ). Solve those 3 and it's a WIN-WIN for everyone on the planet.. I personally drive as little as possible , I walk to work. I don't really eat meat except on.rate occasions and I 'be personally planted thousands of trees over the years.i recycle all I can.i produce about a half small bag of waste a month. I keep my heat at 65, shutting it off in the spring and fall. I only air condition if my house gets above 85 in the summer. That's about all I can do and I vote for sensible legislation.

Climate change is driven by 3 major factors ; 1. The overuse of fossil fuels. 2. Deforestation and 3. Agricultural waste from livestock ( methane ). Solve those 3 and it's a WIN-WIN for everyone on the planet.. I personally drive as little as possible , I walk to work. I don't really eat meat except on.rate occasions and I 'be personally planted thousands of trees over the years.i recycle all I can.i produce about a half small bag of waste a month. I keep my heat at 65, shutting it off in the spring and fall. I only air condition if my house gets above 85 in the summer. That's about all I can do and I vote for sensible legislation.
A few posters here, despite being shown numerous reference sources showing otherwise, argue that the manufacture and installation of wind turbines, solar panels and EVs produces more CO2 than will be saved in their lifetimes.

Climate change is driven by 3 major factors ; 1. The overuse of fossil fuels. 2. Deforestation and 3. Agricultural waste from livestock ( methane ). Solve those 3 and it's a WIN-WIN for everyone on the planet..
1. Fossil fuels, wind turbine manufacturing and solar panel manufacturing have increased the use of fossil fuels. Whe do you think the cost is trillions? It is because the amount of natural resources is extremely high. You are building giant things that are inefficient at producing electricity.

2. Deforestation, by wind turbine manufacturing and placement as well as solar panels requiring square miles of land.

Solar and Wind proven failures

I live in Nebraska , out in the country years ago . My mother visited and she asked what's that howling noise and I said it's just the wind. We have wind most of the time day and night. And if they put out too much energy it's shifted to batteries. In the state of Nebraska if a person produces more energy than they need the state is obligated by law to buy it back. For years here in town , on one of the surrounding hilltops there's a home to which the owner put up a wind turbine and has an array of solar panels. He says he likes getting those checks from the electric company for the last 20 years.

In the state of Nebraska if a person produces more energy than they need the state is obligated by law to buy it back.

That is an excellent idea. This way, the public utility has to raise prices for everyone,
in order to subsidize unreliable "green energy".

In the state of Nebraska if a person produces more energy than they need the state is obligated by law to buy it back.

That is an excellent idea. This way, the public utility has to raise prices for everyone,
in order to subsidize unreliable "green energy".
No they don't. The price they pay the consumer for it is a pittance to what they resell it for to other customers.

Solar is now ‘cheapest electricity in history’, confirms IEA​

October 2020

""The world’s best solar power schemes now offer the “cheapest…electricity in history” with the technology cheaper than coal and gas in most major countries.

That is according to the International Energy Agency’s World Energy Outlook 2020. The 464-page outlook, published today by the IEA, also outlines the “extraordinarily turbulent” impact of coronavirus and the “highly uncertain” future of global energy use over the next two decades....."

`
Oh really? When you have to put the initial cost of over $30,000 to have your house fitted with Solar, unless you live their for 50 years, you wont recoup the cost and especially when after 10 years those panels start to degrade and need another $15,000 retrofit.

Now i know you are one of those solar pukes who goes around scamming people into buying such a shit product, i bet you even sleep like a baby knowing you fucked another sucker if they buy one...

And i bet it is real cheap to operate a Solar Panel when it is raining out for days.....

A few posters here, despite being shown numerous reference sources showing otherwise, argue that the manufacture and installation of wind turbines, solar panels and EVs produces more CO2 than will be saved in their lifetimes.
I know, isn't that ridiculous.

That seems to be a very narrow argument.

First and foremost, wind, solar, are the largest single heavy industry.

24 hours a day everyday of the week, heavy industry is spewing CO2, manufacturing wind and solar panels. That heavy industry never ends. Never quits consuming fossil fuels.

Solar and wind are heavy polluters. Nothing dirtier.

Not as ridiculous as wasting trillions to reduce CO2 a bit while China increases CO2 a lot.
Not just that but Melissa Heinz Kerry, wife of climate czar John F'n Kerry(who won 3 purple hearts) produces tons of CO2 every year with her plastics and ketchup/mustard factory that pumps more than small cities. But it is okay for the F'n Kerry's to make billions while we are supposed to do without our CO2. Those graphs show the 10s of thousands of tonnes of CO2. That is the hypocrisy of the Marxists/Demofascists.

Greenhouse Gas Emissions by Kraft Heinz

Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are one of the major causes of rising global warming, and the companies from the FMCG, retail, packaging, and food service sectors account for a significant amount of the global emissions. CO2, Methane & NOx gases form a major part of greenhouse gases released from fossil fuels such as gas and oil.

24 hours a day everyday of the week, heavy industry is spewing CO2, manufacturing wind and solar panels. That heavy industry never ends. Never quits consuming fossil fuels.

24 hours a day, seven days a week, the Dairy Queen makes soft serve.

Not with solar power or wind. You need 24 hour power for ice cream
The point is that makes soft serve the world's biggest industry, largest producer of CO2, largest consumer of fossil fuels and an obvious Commie plot.

The point is that makes soft serve the world's biggest industry, largest producer of CO2, largest consumer of fossil fuels and an obvious Commie plot.
No, the point is you are an idiot. You can't have ice cream with part time solar or wind electricity.

You also can't make a solar panel or wind turbine with part time power

The carbon print of each wind turbine is paid back in 6 months. After that it all negates the use of all the fossil fuels that aren't used to produce electricity. Mostly coal-fired electric plants. In 2010 they produced 45 % of all our electricity. By 2021 40 % of those plants have shut down. You are taking about the total production of all. Each unit is what you should be talking about. In 2023 the amount of electricity produced by coal ( and natural gas ) dropped to 19 %. About the same as solar or wind now produces. And those established fields will not burn any more coal or natural gas for their 20 - 30 yeat lifespan.

Forum List

Back