🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

10 things you can't do if you follow Jesus

10 Things You Can't Do While Following Jesus - The God Article

#1 is hate.

I think it's a cute list but the comments are the bottom are my favorite part:)

The list is wrong on a few points.

Where do you feel it is wrong?

The most obvious is the do not judge part that everyone gets wrong.

Jesus did not tell us not to judge others, he told us that we would be judged by the same standard we use to judge people. That is more of a warning to make sure we use the correct standard than to pretend that we don't have standards.

He specifically told us to judge people by their fruit, ie actions.

Mathew 7:13-20 said:
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Paul rebuked the Corinthians because they took their differences into court, and pointed out that Christians are going to judge the entire world, and the angels.

1 Corinthians 6:2-3 said:
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Anyone that teaches that we are not supposed to judge is bearing bad fruit.

I can point out other things, but this actually makes him wrong about the things he gets right.

Not to mention that he is pretty busy judging people himself.

One may not "practice sin" You are right God Forgives. But if you continue to do the same sin over and over then you are practicing sin and will be judged at the end accordingly.

We all make mistakes. And we all sin. Forgiveness helps us overcome our weaknesses, but if you PRACTICE SIN you are not actually asking for forgiveness nor are you following God's chosen path.

As for your 10 items, they are vague and worthless. God does not command that everyone do everything, I personally can do very little about world hunger, God does not expect me to do more then I can. He does not expect me to go hungry myself nor wallow in guilt cause I can not save children in Somalia.

The military is an acceptable profession for a man that believes in God. When called by their Government to kill in battle there is no sin in that.

This thread belongs in the Politics Forum, as it is a compendium of code words (e.g., "exclude") for the secular/progressive agenda. In Jesus' time, the poor had obvious physical infirmities. Today, we have millions who scam the system because it is easier than working.

Forum List

Back