10 Years After Katrina

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
4f37b72f-d8ee-4908-8c33-d3a37bc79bf4-2060x1368.jpeg

This is what Brits see about how our nation deals with natural disasters. This is La. But could be several other places just as easily. If you want to see all of the disgusting pictures, go to A tour of abandoned New Orleans 10 years after Katrina - in pictures Cities The Guardian

The AGWCult warned us that we would get a new Cat 5 hurricane every year, now that all that warmth was being absorbed by the oceans

A lot of what you see there was that way prior to Katrina. Six Flags for instance had been closed for years. It was a fun place, unfortunately being in the East, it was overrun by a lot of kids that just went there to hang out and cause trouble. Then the paying folks stopped going and it, like everything else in the East, went to shit. Hell, hey couldn't even keep a mall open because people were being shot and/or robbed in the parking lot.

The Lower Nine and other places like that, had been shitholes for years.

I think the point is that George Bush took a ton of heat for his handling of Katrina and from what I can tell, the democrats with all their outrage, haven't done shit to help the people there since.

Yeah Bush took the heat that should have been directed at the Mayor and the Gov.

Humans have over-developed along water-ways. There's simply too many people living near disasters waiting to happen. Katrina was inevitable. If you choose to build and live so close to water-ways, you should understand the big risks.

Floods happen. They've always happened. Only difference now is that there are millions & millions of people living in harm's way. Louisiana will have to consider not rebuilding in certain areas. Otherwise, more will die.

Humans have over-developed along water-ways. There's simply too many people living near disasters waiting to happen. Katrina was inevitable. If you choose to build and live so close to water-ways, you should understand the big risks.

Floods happen. They've always happened. Only difference now is that there are millions & millions of people living in harm's way. Louisiana will have to consider not rebuilding in certain areas. Otherwise, more will die.

I agree. Floods are the reason no one ever built along a river or on a flood plane or built near the ocean. Apparently people were much smarter back then.

New Orleans is five feet below sea level and I could never figure how anyone in their right mind would live in a city that low. Especially a city that can get hit with hurricanes.

Last edited:
So a big hole surrounded by water still isn't a good place to live? Oh my god, I'm totally shocked by this unexpected turn of events.

When Europeans first started building New Orleans, the local Indians looked on in amazement. They tried to tell them how dangerous it was but the settlers laughed at them and do so anyhow. Guess they thought they were either smarter than those barbarians or knew how to build to keep the water away.

Holland has expanded their land mass by good technology. They are below sea level, too.
Of course they don't have hurricanes to deal with.

having the pleasure of touring the slums and ghettos of new orleans....it looked like hell before katrina....that is the true shame
It has always been a shithole...the whole friggin state. Kinda like the worst parts of New Jersey or Detroit.

I think the point is that George Bush took a ton of heat for his handling of Katrina and from what I can tell, the democrats with all their outrage, haven't done shit to help the people there since.

The people in New Orleans are not suffering. What you are seeing in the pictures in mostly land owned by absentee slumlords, who never bothered to buy flood insurance, because the houses were not even worth insuring. That pretty much apples to the whole 9th ward. The people moved out, most to Houston, and the landlords never rebuilt, because the flood plain maps were changed, and now, you can not buy flood insurance (or get a mortgage) in those areas unless you elevate the house by 9 feet. Therefore, the people are gone, the houses were abandoned, and nobody has figured out how to pay to clean it up (not that it would do much good to do so, because abandoned lots in New orleans revert to tropical forest and swamps within a few short years.) As for the amusement park, interestingly enough, East New Orleans is not an African-American ghetto. It is a Vietnamese gang infested area.

having the pleasure of touring the slums and ghettos of new orleans....it looked like hell before katrina....that is the true shame
It has always been a shithole...the whole friggin state. Kinda like the worst parts of New Jersey or Detroit.
Except for New Orleans, the whole state is republican. The north side of the lake is mostly white and very republican, the result of white flight from NOLA. It's also the home of David Duke.

What the Brits see? What the freaking Brits see? The British empire is falling apart under Sharia law and a scant 20 years ago you could see similar stuff in Ireland without a freaking natural disaster. Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida are doing fine thank you and a Brit accent might get you a discount on hotel reservations but no guarantee.

Forum List

Back