100% of Economists Disagree with Trump

Utter bullshit OP. Do you know how many disagreements I have read against David Ricardo?
how do you think Japan got so badass?
How do you think America got so badass?
That is barely higher than what we charge American corporations any damn ways.
Japan is badass? 20 years of stagnant no growth economy because gov't has taken all the competition out of it.
Of course Trump is repeating the same line that Hillary and Bernie use.
Why anyone thinks that buffoon should be president is beyon dme.
Japan got badass and created the third best economy in the world after the war. If that isn't good to you, your standards are delusional.
You're talking about 60 years ago. I'm talking about today. Stay current.
You replied to a post that was referring the past....
They got the 3rd biggest economy in the world with policies that I support. That trump supports.
Pay attention.

Utter bullshit OP. Do you know how many disagreements I have read against David Ricardo?
Japan is badass? 20 years of stagnant no growth economy because gov't has taken all the competition out of it.
Japan got badass and created the third best economy in the world after the war. If that isn't good to you, your standards are delusional.
They got the 3rd biggest economy in the world with policies that I support. That trump supports.
Pay attention.
Wrong. They got the 3rd biggest economy through free market measures. They have stagnant growth through policies that you and Trump support.

Pay attention.
Wrong. They got the 3rd biggest economy through free market measures. They have stagnant growth through policies that you and Trump support.
bullshit. After the war, they had high tariffs and restricted trade. when their economy started booming GATT got involved and started pushing lower tariffs and free trade. Which helped.
I support fair AND free trade. Both have their positive aspects depending on the situation.
BTW, about 6 or 7 years ago, Japans growth surpassed the US and the EU at the time. JS

Pay attention.
bullshit. After the war, they had high tariffs and restricted trade. when their economy started booming GATT got involved and started pushing lower tariffs and free trade. Which helped.
I support fair AND free trade. Both have their positive aspects depending on the situation.
BTW, about 6 or 7 years ago, Japans growth surpassed the US and the EU at the time. JS
Bullshit.
Japan grew because most of their industry was bombed out in the war. We rebuilt it with more efficient equipment. The Japanese organized and muscled in on US markets because the unions had made US industry flabby and overpriced.
But the Japanese have engaged in enormous tariffs that have coddled their industries and made them uncompetitive.

Please allow me to KILL this thread once and for all, putting us all out of our painful miseries:

'100% of Economists Disagree with Trump'

"In an interview with Breitbart News, conservative economist Larry Kudlow stated that he believed Donald Trump’s tax plan is “spot on.”
- MAJOR ECONOMIST ON TRUMP TAX PLAN: He’s spot on!

No matter what you think of Kudlow, no matter if you disagree with him or not....

The FACT remains that the OP declared ALL - 100% of Economists - disagree with Trump.

FAIL! WRONG! Kudlow, an Economist agrees with him. Now we can all move on with our lives and disregard this PROVEN FALSE Liberal accusation!

Next...

Pay attention.
Bullshit.
Japan grew because most of their industry was bombed out in the war. We rebuilt it with more efficient equipment. The Japanese organized and muscled in on US markets because the unions had made US industry flabby and overpriced.
But the Japanese have engaged in enormous tariffs that have coddled their industries and made them uncompetitive.
Is that why, for YEARS, Japan has been the top export market for major trading countries?
We rebuilt it, yes. We were their main export and their economy is dependent on exports.
They had HIGH tariffs and selected trade. Mostly with us.
They took our products and made them cheaper and, in a lot of cases, more efficient. Including machinery equipment.
The tariffs gave them a chance to build. Which, was/is the point.

Pay attention.
Bullshit.
Is that why, for YEARS, Japan has been the top export market for major trading countries?
We rebuilt it, yes. We were their main export and their economy is dependent on exports.
They took our products and made them cheaper and, in a lot of cases, more efficient. Including machinery equipment.
Protecting industries from competition never works to make them stronger. Protection only weakens industry. If it strengthened industry East Germany would be a powerhouse economy.

Pay attention.
Bullshit.
Protecting industries from competition never works to make them stronger. Protection only weakens industry. If it strengthened industry East Germany would be a powerhouse economy.

Do we really want our workers to be "competitive" with workers who make slave wages?

Pay attention.
Bullshit.
OK

Bullshit.

Do we really want our workers to be "competitive" with workers who make slave wages?
It isnt a question of what I want. They are competitive regardless of what you want.
You understand wage level is largely irrelevant, right? What matters is the unit cost of labor. And the US can be very competitive there.

Please allow me to KILL this thread once and for all, putting us all out of our painful miseries:

"In an interview with Breitbart News, conservative economist Larry Kudlow stated that he believed Donald Trump’s tax plan is “spot on.”

No matter what you think of Kudlow, no matter if you disagree with him or not....

The FACT remains that the OP declared ALL - 100% of Economists - disagree with Trump.

FAIL! WRONG! Kudlow, an Economist agrees with him. Now we can all move on with our lives and disregard this PROVEN FALSE Liberal accusation!

Next...

“I’ve endorsed Donald’s 15 percent corporate tax rate many times,” Kudlow told Breitbart News in a brief interview during a commercial break.

Kudlow agrees with cutting the corporate tax rate, not with a 45% tariff.

Maybe since the Establishment GOP and corporate dems keep supporting/giving amnesty, we will have slave labor here, too. A wet dream, ammirite?
You know what I mean free-traders "labor mobility" and all

Sorry, Kudlow agrees with Trump. That proves the OP and this thread is BS! Next thread....

Next...

“I’ve endorsed Donald’s 15 percent corporate tax rate many times,” Kudlow told Breitbart News in a brief interview during a commercial break.

Kudlow agrees with cutting the corporate tax rate, not with a 45% tariff.
didn't he just announce that tariff the other day? I might be mistaken?

Maybe since the Establishment GOP and corporate dems keep supporting/giving amnesty, we will have slave labor here, too. A wet dream, ammirite?
You know what I mean free-traders "labor mobility" and all

Build a wall, boot 20 million illegals, make trade freer.

Not surprising, given that economists - regardless of political stripe - agree that free trade is good for Americans.

Donald Trump’s solution is to ... levy a 45% tax on Chinese imports. The idea is to make Chinese goods more expensive so that American producers who pay their workers more can gain a competitive edge.

There’s a painful side effect to this plan, however: It would, well, make a lot of products more expensive, and most of the price hikes would come straight out of consumer wallets. ... A 45% tariff on Chinese imports would encourage other low-cost exporters, such as Vietnam, Bangladesh and Mexico, to ship more goods to America. Whether U.S. producers would gain an edge is debatable. ...

Trump’s tariff plan would likely meet firm public resistance. Economists would also protest. “Economists disagree about a lot,” says Ozimek, “but there’s very strong agreement that free trade benefits Americans, on average.” A poll of economists by the University of Chicago, for instance, found that 100% of them believe U.S. trade with China makes most Americans better off.

Most economists also agree that free trade—like anything that improves efficiency and market performance—produces winners and losers. And the losers usually include people who get the job done slower, at a higher cost than competitors. Protecting underperformers isn’t likely to help the U.S. economy. Helping them perform better would.​

Donald Trump wants you to pay more for smartphones, TVs and a lot else

I looked at the Chicago study..
40 economists. 6 didn't answer.

Now look at this question:
Trade with China makes most Americans better off because, among other advantages, they can buy goods that are made or assembled more cheaply in China.

GEEZ!!!! YOU would be absolutely DUMB to say "NO most Americans aren't better off because they can buy goods more cheaply"!

What kind of biased question is that????

Question B: Some Americans who work in the production of competing goods, such as clothing and furniture, are made worse off by trade with China.
Of the 40 7 didn't answer. The rest my god how stupid of a
question! Of course the answer is YES!!!

GEEZ... Are you people that support this poll really that DUMB??? Of course 40 economists asked if goods are made cheaper Americans spend less!
HoW dumb to use this question as refuting Trump's comment!!!

My god you people are dumb!

Bullshit.

It isnt a question of what I want. They are competitive regardless of what you want.
You understand wage level is largely irrelevant, right? What matters is the unit cost of labor. And the US can be very competitive there.

It is a question of what WE want.

WE as a collective set our trade policy.

WE can decide if we want to have our workers in direct competition with workers who make 1.67$ an hour.

And wages are not irrelevant. Wages are one of TWO variables in calculating Unit Cost. That's pretty important.

And we can't have a middle class if to be competitive we have to pay 1.67 an hour.

Forum List

Back