10yo girl kidnapped and murdered

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Hailey Owens Coverage - OzarksFirst.com

Was watching tv last night when her Amber Alert went up on-air. Wasn't far from here so I instantly began dreading it was one of the kids here at the apartments. Circular building and my unit's on the interior so it has a very enclosed community feel to it. Wasn't from here of course but still here in town.

Tongiht's media coverage say they have the suspect in custody, and have recovered the girl's body. Single gunshot to the head with a .22, found in the suspect's home. No further details at this time.

I'm kinda...I dunno. Stunned. Mild shock or something. Used to hearing about such things but they're always far away. That an equal horror could occur here doesn't seem possible.

I read it on AOL news earlier.
This guy needs to be hanged, needled or firing squad. Stop with the hand slapping and jail time. Rid the earth of scum like this.

Justice would be served with a fair trial, one appeal and then failing both, a quick execution. All this should only take one year.

Put him in general population while he waits. Save us some tax dollars cuz once the inmates find out what he's in for...he will be history.

he initially told a detective that he got off work at Pleasant View Middle School around 3:15 p.m. and went straight home.

That's comforting! This psycho path was around kids all day every day! I can only imagine if he murdered this poor child if he has a criminal record or not and if so WHY was he allowed to work in a school!?

Was watching tv last night when her Amber Alert went up on-air. Wasn't far from here so I instantly began dreading it was one of the kids here at the apartments. Circular building and my unit's on the interior so it has a very enclosed community feel to it. Wasn't from here of course but still here in town.

Tongiht's media coverage say they have the suspect in custody, and have recovered the girl's body. Single gunshot to the head with a .22, found in the suspect's home. No further details at this time.

I'm kinda...I dunno. Stunned. Mild shock or something. Used to hearing about such things but they're always far away. That an equal horror could occur here doesn't seem possible.

it got mentioned in the news here

keep us posted on this if you would

That is why we need the DEATH PENALTY for pedophiles.

The average pedophile sexually assaults more than 300 different victims in their lifetime.

For the sake of the 299 victims, it is morally justifiable to behead these bastards when caught the FIRST TIME.

Seriously dude, there are times and places where beating your drum comes across badly.

Maybe so. But it is true.

It would be equally true if some anti gun lobby fanatic had posted crowing about how if guns were banned then she would not have been killed. That's probably true as well but I'd have still said exactly the same thing.

No, a ban on guns would have made it MORE likely as such things always make criminals bolder, not less so.

She wasn't a minority so sadly, it will be forgotten and probably never get national coverage

Seriously dude, there are times and places where beating your drum comes across badly.

You're Right - I'm Sorry . There was no way of saying that and not coming across badly.

Was the first segment on last night's Nancy Grace. I don't normally watch her thinking she's a self-glorifying, crocodile tear shedding, attention-whore, but watched her coverage. And though my opinion hasn't changed, was somewhat cathartic.

As to the gun control aspect, apparently neighbors witnessed the abduction and had time to shout warnings to the girl not to approach the vehicle, and one neighbor even got in his car and gave chase. So I can't help but wonder with so many guns in town why no one thought to take a shot. What's all the hoopla about seld-defense if when crunch-time arrives no one thinks to open up? Self-defense of a third party is an affirmitive defense, especially around here where you can also defend your car and property with lethal force. Haven't thought so seriously about buying a new weapon as I did trying to fall asleep last night.

Was the first segment on last night's Nancy Grace. I don't normally watch her thinking she's a self-glorifying, crocodile tear shedding, attention-whore, but watched her coverage. And though my opinion hasn't changed, was somewhat cathartic.

As to the gun control aspect, apparently neighbors witnessed the abduction and had time to shout warnings to the girl not to approach the vehicle, and one neighbor even got in his car and gave chase. So I can't help but wonder with so many guns in town why no one thought to take a shot. What's all the hoopla about seld-defense if when crunch-time arrives no one thinks to open up? Self-defense of a third party is an affirmitive defense, especially around here where you can also defend your car and property with lethal force. Haven't thought so seriously about buying a new weapon as I did trying to fall asleep last night.

was anyone carrying at the time

Apparently not. Big hunting community though. Just encountered a neighbor a couple Fridays ago packing up his truck for presumedly a weekend hunting excursion carrying a sporting rifle under his arm. After living in Texas for about a year I'm over "OMG a gun!" sorta reactions. Woulda suggested carrying it bolt-open though but that's me. Was tucked up under his armpit and his hands were full so no 'man with a weapon' thoughts.

Just because you can't hit the ground without help from gravity...Silhouetted head speeding away is a great target. Rather a kid be in a low-speed collision then spend the rest of my life wondering if I coulda prevented a child's murder.

Maybe so. But it is true.

It would be equally true if some anti gun lobby fanatic had posted crowing about how if guns were banned then she would not have been killed. That's probably true as well but I'd have still said exactly the same thing.

No, a ban on guns would have made it MORE likely as such things always make criminals bolder, not less so.

I'm not going to start that debate here. Whilst your ascertation is probably true in the case of violent criminals, gangs and robbers etc. I would wager that in this case the sick individual who takes a little girl and then kills her is an entirely different sort of criminal and I'll be very suprised if the weapon used was not legally owned and bought. Especially given the gun calibre. Either way, it's for another time and place.

Forum List

Back