12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

Prayers out to the wounded and surviving family members.

That said, OL, ma'am tens and tens of millions of us will never experience the absolutely pointless, horrible loss of life in person of a mass shooting. Period. This is how terrorism works. Terrorists use one violent event to terrify millions of other FREE people in giving up some hallowed, vital aspect of their freedom. Goddamned terrible as this act of cowardly violence is, we American free men and women must NEVER allow terrorists to frighten us out of our freedoms—out of what makes us American and free.
Thank you for at least being decent about it, nightson.

This morning I thought (and not for the first time) "My God, this is going to happen here one of these days." It is happening in the safest communities in the nation. It is happening where crime is low and guns seem to be in the hands of responsible people. One of these days, I'll be shopping or buying Xmas presents at a craft fair or eating breakfast at the local diner and a whack job (we've got them too) will walk in with his gun and start shooting all the total strangers in the place NOT because he is a terrorist but because he's got an issue and he's gonna go out in a blaze of glory.

We've done something terribly wrong in this country and we need to take a very long, deep look at what it is.
I fail to see what's funny in any of what I said, Old Yeller

And the real root of the problem is??

You.

Gun-Slinging Mom Fights Off Armed Attackers, Saves Her Child

Mom Shoots Man Trying to Steal SUV With Her Kids Inside: Police
'I Had to Do What I Had to Do': Mom Shoots Man to Save Kids

Gunman attempting to rob families outside school shot dead by waiting mother who was off-duty police officer
Armed robber who targeted families outside school shot dead by mother who was off-duty police officer

Armed Midwest City, OK Woman Saves her Children from 2 Home Invaders
Armed Midwest City, OK Woman Saves her Children from 2 Home Invaders LearnAboutGuns.com

FIGHTING BACK
Armed hero shoots gunman at back-to-school event
'This could have been so much worse'
Armed hero shoots gunman at back-to-school event - WND

11 lives lost(tragic)....but 3,400 saved PER day when folks can defend themselves. :yes_text12:

i think we need to look into the connection between over-meding kids these days and the effect that has. far too often i hear parents say while on meds their child was usually angry. no, certainly not every time but enough to check. from what i understand a vast majority of the shooters in the last 10+ years were on some form of medication(s). that can't be overlooked.when we started med'ing kids vs raising them, did we start seeing an uptick in things?
`
I have no problem with that. Taxes could pay for all research done on gun violence starting from the Emergency Rooms in hospitals. What is needed is cold, hard facts.

Congrats on being the first one on here to use this tragedy to push a political agenda!

Why wait till the blood is dry?
Lol
I had to get a jump on all the emotional responses that though progressive bleeding hearts will come up with

your response is no less emotional.
Na, Shit happens and no amount of emotional responses will change that.

Crazy Cali has the strictest gun laws in the country, they will add more. Because they will Rely on emotion instead of common sense.
They have no criminal control in that state, for that matter this country has no criminal control. The vast majority of violent crime in this country is done by repeat offenders. Common sense would say the way to Significantly stop/reduce violent crime Get rid of the violet repeat offenders.
After all firearms don’t kill people people kill people...

Your response to the Cali gun laws is one of emotion.

As you might expect from do-nothing Trump, he sends "thoughts & prayers," a totally ineffective response to another mass shooting. A great start would be the elimination of military grade automatic assault rifles along with high capacity magazines from our society. Not only should they be banned, they should all be confiscated.

Thankfully, we now have a common sense House of Representatives that will finally address this issue and slap the Senate and President in the face over their inaction.

Says the moron with a Dictator as his Avatar :rolleyes:

Congrats on being the first one on here to use this tragedy to push a political agenda!

Lol
I had to get a jump on all the emotional responses that though progressive bleeding hearts will come up with

Crazy Cali has the strictest gun laws in the country, they will add more. Because they will Rely on emotion instead of common sense.
They have no criminal control in that state, for that matter this country has no criminal control. The vast majority of violent crime in this country is done by repeat offenders. Common sense would say the way to Significantly stop/reduce violent crime Get rid of the violet repeat offenders.

Na, My response to the emotional response is emotional... :abgg2q.jpg:

Revoke?

Why we should be celebrating our gun rights. A dozen kids slaughtered is a small price to pay. Their families will get over it, just like those Sandy Hook families

You've been NOTHING but a sarcastic jackass in this thread. If this garbage is what's considered "Award winning" at this forum, then that's really sad.
Rightwinger won an award? Are you sure he didn't tell you that?

Lol

Na, My response to the emotional response is emotional... lol

:113::21:

Revoke?

Why we should be celebrating our gun rights. A dozen kids slaughtered is a small price to pay. Their families will get over it, just like those Sandy Hook families

You've been NOTHING but a sarcastic jackass in this thread. If this garbage is what's considered "Award winning" at this forum, then that's really sad.

You expect anyone to take gun deaths seriously?
Our society will do nothing about it
After Sandy Hook, we said we had had enough.......we did nothing
After Parkland, state politicians vowed they would take action.......they did nothing

So, I will just offer my thoughts and prayers to the families and assure them we will forget about them in a few days

Why wouldn't one be suspicious that the shooting was politically-motivated? Shooter dressed in black walks into a college bar filled with conservative-leaning students on Country Night, the Democrats taking control of the House the day before, Antifa staging a protest in front of Tucker Carlson's house last night, and mass protests planned for today and this weekend.

This was not a "random" shooting by some nut job. The fact that the shooter was wearing all-black and took out the door staff fits the profile of this as being premeditated. Whether it actually was politically-motivated remains to be seen as soon as his name goes public and his social media is looked at.

I thought Cali had the toughest gun laws in the country??

They also have gun free zones like San Bernardino where that Muslim asshole and his wife got weapons and killed their own co workers.

Guess the laws aren't that tough.

Your so called common sense gun laws are stupid and won’t help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revoke?

Rightwinger won an award? Are you sure he didn't tell you that?

It's in his avatar. he obviously spends most of his life here so maybe he's found a way to put that in there himself?
If so, that would fit his highly egotistical personality to a "T"

I honestly don't spend time investigating every cute trick I can pull with the User Control Panel

Last edited:
i think we need to look into the connection between over-meding kids these days and the effect that has. far too often i hear parents say while on meds their child was usually angry. no, certainly not every time but enough to check. from what i understand a vast majority of the shooters in the last 10+ years were on some form of medication(s). that can't be overlooked.when we started med'ing kids vs raising them, did we start seeing an uptick in things?
`
I have no problem with that. Taxes could pay for all research done on gun violence starting from the Emergency Rooms in hospitals. What is needed is cold, hard facts.
Yeah TX is responsible for the violence in CA

And the real root of the problem is??

You.

Mom Shoots Man Trying to Steal SUV With Her Kids Inside: Police
'I Had to Do What I Had to Do': Mom Shoots Man to Save Kids

Gunman attempting to rob families outside school shot dead by waiting mother who was off-duty police officer
Armed robber who targeted families outside school shot dead by mother who was off-duty police officer

Armed Midwest City, OK Woman Saves her Children from 2 Home Invaders
Armed Midwest City, OK Woman Saves her Children from 2 Home Invaders LearnAboutGuns.com

FIGHTING BACK
Armed hero shoots gunman at back-to-school event
'This could have been so much worse'
Armed hero shoots gunman at back-to-school event - WND

11 lives lost....but 3,400 saved PER day when folks can defend themselves. :yes_text12:
If 90 million people used guns to defend themselves since I was born I would know a couple hundred of them. I don`t know a single one. You can`t be that gullible I hope.

I think this is obviously a fake news story.

It has to be impossible to have a shooting like this in the state with the most stringent state wide gun control laws in the country. I mean the guy was using high capacity magazines. How can that even be possible when California bans high capacity magazines?

It looks like the ban on high capacity magazines, ban on semi autos and the worthless background checks and waiting periods and all that other bullshit didn't do jackshit, did it?

This is a great example of how stupid gun control laws are. They are worthless to stop crime but they sure as hell takes away the ability of the citizens to protect themselves.

The thing that will be hilarious is that the response by the idiot Moon Bats in Commie California will do. The morons will enact even more stupid worthless gun controls.
"The thing that will be hilarious..." Ok.....:45:

`
Some sort of gun control is needed.

Stupid.....just stupid.
And what do you call the 10,000 gun control laws that are already on the books?
Bandaids

Right...and the "Cure" is revoking Constitutional Rights.....got it

Revoke?

College students aren't kids

Kids aren't allowed to be drinking in a club

Why wouldn't one be suspicious that the shooting was politically-motivated? Shooter dressed in black walks into a college bar filled with conservative-leaning students on Country Night, the Democrats taking control of the House the day before, Antifa staging a protest in front of Tucker Carlson's house last night, and mass protests planned for today and this weekend.

This was not a "random" shooting by some nut job. The fact that the shooter was wearing all-black and took out the door staff fits the profile of this as being premeditated. Whether it actually was politically-motivated remains to be seen as soon as his name goes public and his social media is looked at.
But... but... more frivolous gun laws will stop all violence

You expect anyone to take gun deaths seriously?
Our society will do nothing about it
After Sandy Hook, we said we had had enough.......we did nothing
After Parkland, state politicians vowed they would take action.......they did nothing

So, I will just offer my thoughts and prayers to the families and assure them we will forget about them in a few days

You don't have to be a passive pussy loser.
There IS something we can do to help curb the violence.

But it requires putting aside partisan BS and really looking at the root causes of the violence and hated in our society rather than fixating on OBJECTS

Most of the mass shootings and acts of violence are committed by
1). people with mental problems
2). People who have repeatedly slipped past authorities even though they were "known" to be trouble
3). People who had guns who should not have

We can start by addressing those issues without generically blaming guns.

Forum List

Back