12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

California mass shooting gunman identified

"The suspect behind America’s latest mass shooting has been identified as Ian David Long, who law enforcement officials have accused of killing at least 12 people inside the Borderline Bar & Grill in California.

The gunman, identified by
NBC News as a heavily-tattooed, 28-year-old white male, used a .45 caliber handgun and was found dead after storming the bar that’s commonly frequented by country music fans on Wednesday nights. Details surrounding the suspect began flooding in from neighbours who told ABC News he was a veteran who may have suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Police said he was an ex-Marine who had multiple run-ins with law enforcement in recent years and likely shot himself Wednesday night in the bar."

Now we have a little more information about the shooter, not much information about what lead him to do it -- seems at this point it is mental illness -- I have also seen others speculate that since he was wearing black and targeted country music fans -- he may be ANTIFA..
He could be part of any group; it won’t matter. There will be another slaughter in the next few weeks. Just move along.

When you plannin your thing? After next food stamp day?

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

we can have freedom, or safety

but we're not going to have both

~S~

How free are the victims? The killer's freedom sure didn't create a safe environment.

Yes if no one was free we'd all be safe

And if everyone is free, no one will be safe.

California mass shooting gunman identified

"The suspect behind America’s latest mass shooting has been identified as Ian David Long, who law enforcement officials have accused of killing at least 12 people inside the Borderline Bar & Grill in California.

The gunman, identified by
NBC News as a heavily-tattooed, 28-year-old white male, used a .45 caliber handgun and was found dead after storming the bar that’s commonly frequented by country music fans on Wednesday nights. Details surrounding the suspect began flooding in from neighbours who told ABC News he was a veteran who may have suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Police said he was an ex-Marine who had multiple run-ins with law enforcement in recent years and likely shot himself Wednesday night in the bar."

Now we have a little more information about the shooter, not much information about what lead him to do it -- seems at this point it is mental illness -- I have also seen others speculate that since he was wearing black and targeted country music fans -- he may be ANTIFA..

And? He wants to help them. What's your point.

Countries that don`t have 300 million of these OBJECTS don`t have the problem that we do. The more there are of these OBJECTS the easier it is for crazies to get them. That`s a 9th grade Economics lesson.

I'm so glad you made that failed argument.....now, here's where you failed miserably........

In the United states we have a thing called the 2nd Amendment. (look it up)

In a nutshell, it empowers average citizens with the means to repeal government tyranny.
in the course of history, hundreds of millions of unarmed, innocent people have been liquidated by tyrants.

The more of these objects, the more capable a population is to defend itself, and the less likely tyranny can arise.

Name ONE country where an unarmed population can itself, defend itself in the case that the government turns tyrannical. You can't, dumb ass, because there isn't ONE.

And before you knee-jerk and say that can't happen, I remind you of 3 recent cases where it did just that....China, Venezuela and russia ALL of which have dictators now and vast, unarmed populations.

So you see, there is a price to pay for freedom. But overall it is well worth it even if tragic for a very small number.

Now, the actual number of people killed in mass shootings is statistically extremely low. You're more likely to be struck by lightning. Afraid of lightning on a clear day? Your hoplophobia is comparable.

So as anyone can see, your argument is weak at best, silly in fact. (And you were patting yourself on the back over your stupidity and ignorance I'd bet)

You and morons like yourself feel it is better for 300,000,000 people should be at risk rather than understand that in a FREE society, there will always be some violence.

Again, rather than focusing on OBJECTS, If you really give a damn about others safety, which is seriously in doubt, then go read post #93 of this thread.
Thousand Oaks shooting suspect: What we know

Yep. Turns out he’s a white guy. Aren’t they all?

What is it with white guys committing mass murder? Want to bet he’s a Republican?
Another mass murderer that a wall wouldn`t have stopped. I won`t take that bet. The Trumpsters have been on a killing and bomb sending spree lately. We`re not free if we can`t shoot people by the dozens some idiot is telling us.
------------------------------------- i hear and assume that the shooter was from a pervert community , had been picked on and then looked for revenge .
A former Marine. You were talking about perverts?
------------------------------------- talking about this ' kalifornia marine that is a murderer ' and i hear that he was from a community of Perverts . There are lots of Pervert communities in Kalifornia . See 'hollywood' for one Bode .

Most other nations have disarmed their citizens dummy. In Europe its against the law to own a gun.
Ffs. You know nothing. Firearm ownership in Europe is regulated not banned.
Other developing nations have disarmed their citizens. Its against the law to own a gun.
You know nothing. My bad, I'll stop responding to you.

Switzerland has a stunningly high rate of gun ownership — here's why it doesn't have mass shootings

Only 3 countries in the world protect the right to bear arms in their constitutions

Overview of gun laws by nation - Wikipedia

There are a few countries that allow guns.

There are also countries where a taser or stun gun is considered a gun.

Most of Europe is disarmed. Dummy.

How about requiring metal detectors in bars? There are bars already that require it from patrons. Security guards who are instructed to perform body cavity searches on the patrons is another idea.

Many penitentiaries have that to protect the inmates. What kind of society do we have that we value the lives of Child Molesters doing time more than we value the life of young people getting drunk?
It wouldn't have mattered here if there were metal detectors. The first thing he did was push his way in and shoot the security guard and the cashier at the door. You think he would stop for the metal detector? That was the same way the Pulse nightclub shooter entered, btw.

Countries that don`t have 300 million of these OBJECTS don`t have the problem that we do. The more there are of these OBJECTS the easier it is for crazies to get them. That`s a 9th grade Economics lesson.

I'm so glad you made that failed argument.....now, here's where you failed miserably........

In the United states we have a thing called the 2nd Amendment. (look it up)

In a nutshell, it empowers average citizens with the means to repeal government tyranny.
in the course of history, hundreds of millions of unarmed, innocent people have been liquidated by tyrants.

The more of these objects, the more capable a population is to defend itself, and the less likely tyranny can arise.

Name ONE country where an unarmed population can itself, defend itself in the case that the government turns tyrannical. You can't, dumb ass, because there isn't ONE.

And before you knee-jerk and say that can't happen, I remind you of 3 recent cases where it did just that....China, Venezuela and russia ALL of which have dictators now and vast, unarmed populations.

So you see, there is a price to pay for freedom. But overall it is well worth it even if tragic for a very small number.

Now, the actual number of people killed in mass shootings is statistically extremely low. You're more likely to be struck by lightning. Afraid of lightning on a clear day? Your hoplophobia is comparable.

So as anyone can see, your argument is weak at best, silly in fact. (And you were patting yourself on the back over your stupidity and ignorance I'd bet)

You and morons like yourself feel it is better for 300,000,000 people should be at risk rather than understand that in a FREE society, there will always be some violence.

Again, rather than focusing on OBJECTS, If you really give a damn about others safety, which is seriously in doubt, then go read post #93 of this thread.
Thousand Oaks shooting suspect: What we know

Yep. Turns out he’s a white guy. Aren’t they all?

What is it with white guys committing mass murder? Want to bet he’s a Republican?
Another mass murderer that a wall wouldn`t have stopped. I won`t take that bet. The Trumpsters have been on a killing and bomb sending spree lately. We`re not free if we can`t shoot people by the dozens some idiot is telling us.
------------------------------------- i hear and assume that the shooter was from a pervert community , had been picked on and then looked for revenge .
A former Marine. You were talking about perverts?
------------------------------------- talking about this 'kalifornia marine' and i hear that he was from a community of Perverts . There are lots of Pervert communities in Kalifornia Bode .
where is this "community of Perverts" coming from?

Pismoe thinks this situation is hilarious, based on the funnies I'm getting from him.
What is wrong with you, man? Say what you want, but this is not a laughing matter.

Long “underwent a mental health evaluation last year. Gunman’s wepaon was modified,” reported CBS News reporter David Begnaud. The sheriff said in a news conference that the gun was “legally purchased” and described it as a “Glock 21 .45 caliber. Designed to hold a magazine of 10 rounds and one in the chamber. He had an extended magazine on it.”

Ian Long: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

State law defines “large-capacity magazines” as anything with more than 10 rounds. These are often made for assault-style, semiautomatic rifles. California already banned the sale and loan of high-capacity rounds, but this new law goes further. Starting on July 1, 2017, anyone who violates the law is subject to a year in jail, and a $100 fine for a first offense. Any third or subsequence offense can get offenders fined for up to $500
California is one of eight states that generally bans high-capacity magazines, according to the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

California Has Banned Possession of High-Capacity Magazines

Had an illegal extended magazine
Links would be helpful depotoo.
It was from the live press conference with the Sheriff.
It's not that I didn't believe you--it is just hard to find the right article when i pull up something like "so cal shooter"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back