14 year old learns the color of his skin is more important than the content of his character

So have libs decided to end their zero tolerance police state at schools thing that was their idea?

Is see something say something over now?

Why isn't the 13 year old kid on the east coast that was arrested AND charged with assault for kissing a girl not getting international headlines?

Well he's gotten offers to hang out with the President and Mark Zuckerberg, to intern at Twitter, and to check out NASA, so it sounds like this 14 year old has a lot more interesting stuff to do in the near future than some sad sack on a message board who gets off on calling an innocent teenager "Hockmed" because it's just the height of wit.
Ahmed managed to succeed in spite of the Texas schools.

Well he's gotten offers to hang out with the President and Mark Zuckerberg, to intern at Twitter, and to check out NASA, so it sounds like this 14 year old has a lot more interesting stuff to do in the near future than some sad sack on a message board who gets off on calling an innocent teenager "Hockmed" because it's just the height of wit.

For some odd reason Muslims are good at wiring devices. Practice?

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

After taking a homemade clock to school, Irving MacArthur High student Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was taken in handcuffs to juvenile detention. Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

snip*

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

“She was like, it looks like a bomb,” he said.

“I told her, ‘It doesn’t look like a bomb to me.’”

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

“They were like, ‘So you tried to make a bomb?’” Ahmed said.

“I told them no, I was trying to make a clock.”

“He said, ‘It looks like a movie bomb to me.’”

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Heres the best part.....They are STILL INVESTIGATING THE CLOCK!!
This can be attributed to the liberal zero tolerance in school.
That and his name. Has nothing to do with his skin color.

Poor uninformed race baiting op

Why isn't the 13 year old kid on the east coast that was arrested AND charged with assault for kissing a girl not getting international headlines?

He is. I've read about it in plenty of different news sites.

- The shop teacher advised him not to show this "clock" to other teachers, and he still went out of his way to do so (according to the kid).

No, he didnt, you just made that up :rofl:

I could just punch you in the face. From your own damn OP:

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

For some odd reason Muslims are good at wiring devices. Practice?

For some odd reason catholic priests are good at overly-befriending little boys. Practice?

Who's to say there wouldn't have been the same reaction had the kid been white?

The reaction is based upon this kid being a well known trouble maker. Let's review:

- We know from the cop's reaction that this kid is a perpetual offender of sorts (according to the kid).
- The shop teacher advised him not to show this "clock" to other teachers, and he still went out of his way to do so (according to the kid).
- The teacher confiscated the "clock" because it looked like a bomb (according to the kid). There was enough merit to this to then involve the principal and four policemen (according to the kid).
- The kid says he "feels conscious about his brown skin" after the fact and never bothers to feel conscious about it before the fact? He can't have it both ways.
- The detective said it looked like a bomb (according to the kid).

You can leave brown/white out of this. The kid was looking to get a rise out of some people. Getting his story into the press is just a bonus.
Where is your evidence that this student was a well-known trouble-maker?

The cop's reaction, numb nuts.

Welcome to racist and paranoid America kid. To southern whities you are just another terrorist sand ******.
To most southern whites, skin color is the only think that's important.
It's his ethnicity you stupid fuck. His name. And it is YOUR stupid liberal education system that started this ignorant stupidity.
Texas is liberal?
Who said ANYTHING about Texas?

Hint NOT ME

Troll fail

You dumbfucks suspend kids who have poptarts look like guns or shapes his hand like a gun.
YOUR LIBERAL EDUCATION SYSTEM is retardedly over sensitive to the most ridiculous shit.
Just like the boy charged with SECOND DEGREE ASSAULT for chasing & kissing a girl.

Pure ignorance

Your story isn't very accurate. The kid didn't take it to his teacher, the alarm wen off on it and the teacher asked to see it. In this day and age it is better to err on the side of safety, Wouldn't you agree?

Calling the police and having him arrested? If I was a cowardly rube who sees a terrorist in every brown colored young man I might agree, but since I have a functioning brain and don't give in to constant fear mongering propaganda, no, I don't agree.

This specific brown colored young man had a device in his school bag that could have been something other than what it was. Should they have arrested him? No. Should the school just take the kids word for it when he said it was a clock? No. Should the cops have been called to investigate? Of course. Two brown colored young men killed and maimed how many at the Boston Marathon with a damn crock pot bomb. So if the cops had gotten a hold of the Boston bombers prior to the bomb going off and they said 'oh no, it's just a crock pot for cooking' they should have just taken their word for it? Ah . . . no.

You guys can whine all you want about 'race' or 'profiling' but the fact is that muslim extremists (brown colored people) are lopping off people's heads, burning people alive, crucifying people (including children), blowing people up, torturing people, knocking down buildings with airplanes, and until that is stopped looking at a brown colored person who is in possession of a device that appears to be able to blow people up will be looked at suspiciously. As it, and they, should be.
Would you mind terribly if I asked you to post which American cities have experienced this awful wave of beheadings, burning people alive, crucifying people or other terrible crimes by the bad brown people???

The world, bub. Turn on the news.

Have you forgotten 9/11 and all the other successful and attempted terrorist attacks in the US, carried out by muslim extremists?

You leftists sure are dumb bunch.

No, he didnt, you just made that up :rofl:

I could just punch you in the face. From your own damn OP:

Where's the part where he went out his way to show everyone?

Why a ninth-grader’s arrest over a home-built clock struck a chord across America

Guess what idiot liberals, you should not feel sorry for this 14-year-old Muslim boy.

There are terrorist bombers that are even younger.

He must have known that the school would see his "clock" as a threat.

The liberals are treating this boy as a victim.

But what if this is a deliberate covert action by a Muslim group, to deter people from reacting to bomb threats?

That is definite possibility and I think Homeland Security should investigate.

Take your prozac pills and get a good nights sleep.

You'll feel better in the morning. ....... :cool:

Really, it could have been a bomb. How is your typical high school teacher supposed to know what is a bomb, and what isn't. The police have experts who can tell the difference, but your typical cop would not be sent to disarm a bomb.

Forum List

Back