14 year old learns the color of his skin is more important than the content of his character

NO ONE actually thought there was a bomb. NO ONE.

Not the teachers... not the police.

It was OBVIOUS to all of them that is was NOT a bomb.
Whether or not anyone did believe the wired attache case contained explosives or was capable of facilitating a timed explosion is not relevant. What is relevant is the fact that he is a Muslim and non-Muslim Americans have good cause to be suspicious of Muslims, especially those who present or exhibit items which appear to have a sinister potential -- such as a wired attache case.

That kid is well aware of what I've said above. What he did is play a joke on his teachers, a joke that only he and probably his Muslim friends might think is funny. But it isn't.

Whether or not anyone did believe the wired attache case contained explosives or was capable of facilitating a timed explosion is not relevant. What is relevant is the fact that he is a Muslim and non-Muslim Americans have good cause to be suspicious of Muslims, especially those who present or exhibit items which appear to have a sinister potential -- such as a wired attache case.

That kid is well aware of what I've said above. What he did is play a joke on his teachers, a joke that only he and probably his Muslim friends might think is funny. But it isn't.
Agreed. Racist hysteria is not funny.

You seem slow .

Texas has a law against HOAX bombs. So yes anyone who looked at at that closely realized it wasn't a bomb, that was never the question.

The question was "is this kid trying to pull a prank by making people believe he has a bomb?"

You have to investigate that, and the police did.

The element of categorical discrimination involved in this incident is focused on the kid's religious background, not the "color of his skin." In this example the Islamic element does indeed account for the level of suspicion directed at the device he created and brought to school. Were he not a Muslim it is not likely the same level of suspicion would have arisen.

The reason for this discriminating perception (and latent aversion) began on September 11, 2001 and has increased with a substantial progression of terrorist activities (and attempts) around the world -- along with the brazenly expressed threat by radical Islamic fundamentalists to kill all infidels. So, again, if the device this kid brought to school was an ordinary circuit board there would be no cause for suspicion. But with due respect to peaceful Muslims, because of circumstances occurring here and elsewhere what this kid did was especially provocative because he is a Muslim.

What gets more, one of the things that gets me, is that while the main stream media might have the excuse that they were caught up in the moment it becomes more and more evident that this kid might not have been completely pure of heart not a single major media outlet I have seen has offered any sort of even face saving update that maybe the media got this wrong. The media blamed the police and ridiculed the school system but I guess that is just the way it goes. Our media now champions Islam and bashes its own.

In a strange, strange world strange things happen. I searched for "student clock"and sort by date to see if I can find any signs of intelligent life and from earlier today I found two, Sarah Palin and Bill Maher. Palin is one of the very few people, besides Pamela Gellar I don't know anyone whose name I recognize, who actually says, "Yeah, that 'clock' looks like it resembles a bomb." And Bill Maher who said, "What if it had been a bomb? The lack of perspective on this is astounding."

Sarah Palin says wrongly arrested Ahmed Mohamed,14, is NOT innocent
Bill Maher Wants America To Tone Down Ahmed Mohamed Outrage

Texas has a law against HOAX bombs. So yes anyone who looked at at that closely realized it wasn't a bomb, that was never the question.

But he never claimed or even suggested it was a bomb. OTHER people did that.

Should not the school authorities who detained and suspended him even after establishing it's not an explosive device and chose to continue with the ruse anyway, be the ones charged with a bomb hoax?

So you're saying he designed a device suggestively as bait?

Not sure we know enough about his history to conclude that but let's entertain that for the moment. You suppose he was doing essentially the same thing this student was doing in a story from the same week, i.e. setting up a situation to see how people would react? Hand them the rope and see if they hang themselves?

Re-quoting above:
What is relevant is the fact that he is a Muslim and non-Muslim Americans have good cause to be suspicious of Muslims, especially those who present or exhibit items which appear to have a sinister potential -- such as a wired attache case.​

What goes along with that thought is --- who created that suspicion? Did a billion and a half Muslims following the same faith they've had for centuries create it? Or did the knee-jerk Composition Fallacists as run rampant on this board, the ones who can't be bothered to discern the distinction between religious acts and political acts, or between Sufi and Wahhabi? Is it possible the kid was trying to make an astute social point? To embarrass these Composition Fallacists? In effect setting them up to make his point for him about bigotry and stereotypes? :eusa_think:

If so he may be way smarter than the electronic whiz he's been described as. Pretty damn clever.

Sarah Palin checks in (link in previous post) -- "If that's a clock I'm the Queen of England". Working with the theory above it sure sounds like Sarah resents such fallacist exposure and would prefer to get on with the business of bigotry without the inconvenience of having its fallacies pointed out.

Last edited:

Should not the school authorities who detained and suspended him even after establishing it's not an explosive device and chose to continue with the ruse anyway, be the ones charged with a bomb hoax?

Not sure we know enough about his history to conclude that but let's entertain that for the moment. You suppose he was doing essentially the same thing this student was doing in a story from the same week, i.e. setting up a situation to see how people would react? Hand them the rope and see if they hang themselves?

Re-quoting above:
What is relevant is the fact that he is a Muslim and non-Muslim Americans have good cause to be suspicious of Muslims, especially those who present or exhibit items which appear to have a sinister potential -- such as a wired attache case.​

What goes along with that thought is --- whose fault is that? Is it the fault of a billion and a half Muslims? Or is it the fault of knee-jerk Composition Fallacists as run rampant on this board, the ones who can't be bothered to discern the distinction between religious acts and political acts, or between Sufi and Wahabbi? Is it possible the kid was trying to make an astute social point? To embarrass these Composition Fallacists? In effect setting them up to make his point for him about bigotry and stereotypes? :eusa_think:

If so he may be way smarter than the electronic whiz he's been described as.

Sarah Palin checks in (link in previous post) -- "If that's a clock I'm the Queen of England". Working with the theory above it sure sounds like Sarah resents such fallacist exposure and would prefer to get on with the business of bigotry without the bother of having its fallacies pointed out.

NO ONE claimed it was a bomb, or tried to make anyone think it was a bomb, that's why no charges were filed.

Re-quoting above:

What goes along with that thought is --- whose fault is that? Is it the fault of a billion and a half Muslims? Or is it the fault of knee-jerk Composition Fallacists as run rampant on this board, the ones who can't be bothered to discern the distinction between religious acts and political acts, or between Sufi and Wahabbi? Is it possible the kid was trying to make an astute social point? To embarrass these Composition Fallacists? In effect setting them up to make his point for him about bigotry and stereotypes? :eusa_think:

Sarah Palin checks in (link in previous post) -- "If that's a clock I'm the Queen of England". Working with the theory above it sure sounds like Sarah resents such fallacist exposure and would prefer to get on with the business of bigotry without the bother of having its fallacies pointed out.

NO ONE claimed it was a bomb, or tried to make anyone think it was a bomb, that's why no charges were filed.

Then why does he remain suspended? And why did the cops try to get him to say it was a bomb, when they (apparently) knew that's not the case?

Re-quoting above:

Then why does he remain suspended? And why did the cops try to get him to say it was a bomb, when they (apparently) knew that's not the case?

I have no idea why he's suspended, one would suppose for breaking school policy.

LOL you don't know much about interrogations do you? Seriously. I've done it a million times. You accuse them of building a bomb in hopes of getting them to say something like "I just wanted people to THINK it was a bomb" which is the charge you are REALLY after.

Is it sneaky? Yes, does it work? Yes.

Re-quoting above:
What is relevant is the fact that he is a Muslim and non-Muslim Americans have good cause to be suspicious of Muslims, especially those who present or exhibit items which appear to have a sinister potential -- such as a wired attache case.

What goes along with that thought is --- who created that suspicion? Did a billion and a half Muslims following the same faith they've had for centuries create it? Or did the knee-jerk Composition Fallacists as run rampant on this board, the ones who can't be bothered to discern the distinction between religious acts and political acts, or between Sufi and Wahhabi? Is it possible the kid was trying to make an astute social point? To embarrass these Composition Fallacists? In effect setting them up to make his point for him about bigotry and stereotypes? :eusa_think:

If so he may be way smarter than the electronic whiz he's been described as. Pretty damn clever.

Sarah Palin checks in (link in previous post) -- "If that's a clock I'm the Queen of England". Working with the theory above it sure sounds like Sarah resents such fallacist exposure and would prefer to get on with the business of bigotry without the inconvenience of having its fallacies pointed out.

I have no idea why he's suspended, one would suppose for breaking school policy.

LOL you don't know much about interrogations do you? Seriously. I've done it a million times. You accuse them of building a bomb in hopes of getting them to say something like "I just wanted people to THINK it was a bomb" which is the charge you are REALLY after.

So you're accusing the cops of trying to contrive a criminal charge. Revealing. And you may be right. And I'm not surprised you've engaged in this kind of dishonesty. Or as you call it -- "sneaky". Euphemisms R us.

Is there a school policy against -- what, building clocks? Are they anti-time in Texas?

Re-quoting above:

So you're accusing the cops of trying to contrive a criminal charge. Revealing. And you may be right.

Look, if all you wanna do is make shit up, I'll bounce, if you want to actually discuss the how and why of police work, I'll enlighten you.

Re-quoting above:

You did interrogations a million times? I seriously doubt you even did one interrogation based from I'm reading from you. There ain't no way you can prove that.

14 year old learns the color of his skin is more important than the content of his character

What he learned is that he belongs to the most vicious cult on earth, behind the Ideological Left.

What he probably didn't learn is that in ANY US Combat zone, with his 'invention' in hand, any US operator would automatically be justified to unzip his skull, thus bringing his 'invention' (which is just a typical IED not at all distinct from the hundreds of thousands of IEDs used to kill other Muslims, Jews and US troops, by the gross for DECADES, all over the world.

And having done so, he should be set on the top of every watch list in the US Government. After a while, if he hasn't learned it, it will eventually sink in.

What he learned is that he belongs to the most vicious cult on earth, behind the Ideological Left.

What he probably didn't learn is that in ANY US Combat zone, with his 'invention' in hand, any US operator would automatically be justified to unzip his skull, thus bringing his 'invention' (which is just a typical IED not at all distinct from the hundreds of thousands of IEDs used to kill other Muslims, Jews and US troops, by the gross for DECADES, all over the world.

And having done so, he should be set on the top of every watch list in the US Government. After a while, if he hasn't learned it, it will eventually sink in.

You sir are a moron. But we knew that.
Fourteen-year-olds don't "belong to the ideological left", or "right" or "center", number one.
And number two, a high school is not a war zone.
And three, if it's even necessary, no one ever died from knowing what time it is --- which is what a clock does.

Fuggin' dumb shit....

You seem slow .

The question was "is this kid trying to pull a prank by making people believe he has a bomb?"

You have to investigate that, and the police did.
No one thought it was a bomb.

The boy nevef said it was a bomb.

It was not presented as a bomb.

The whole bomb thing was nothing but a rationalization for bullying a Muslim boy with black skin.

Last edited:
The element of categorical discrimination involved in this incident is focused on the kid's religious background, not the "color of his skin." In this example the Islamic element does indeed account for the level of suspicion directed at the device he created and brought to school. Were he not a Muslim it is not likely the same level of suspicion would have arisen.

The reason for this discriminating perception (and latent aversion) began on September 11, 2001 and has increased with a substantial progression of terrorist activities (and attempts) around the world -- along with the brazenly expressed threat by radical Islamic fundamentalists to kill all infidels. So, again, if the device this kid brought to school was an ordinary circuit board there would be no cause for suspicion. But with due respect to peaceful Muslims, because of circumstances occurring here and elsewhere what this kid did was especially provocative because he is a Muslim.
Hysteria. And bullying. Nothing else.

Bringing something that looks like an IED into schools says a lot about the character of the whole fucking family

clocks.jpg

Forum List

Back