14 year old learns the color of his skin is more important than the content of his character

Have you seen it? That doesn't look like any clock I've ever seen. Would you be comfortable getting on a plane with this kid and his contraption? Yes or No? And of course Obama again degrades the office of POTUS by wading into this nonsense. "If I had a son, he would makes clocks like Ahmed". What a Racist idiot.

So if he were blond and freckled and named Timmy do you suppose he would have been treated the same?

CAIR girls talking points....

The term “Islamophobia” was invented and promoted in the early 1990s by the International Institute for Islamic Thought (IIIT), a front group of theMuslim Brotherhood. Former IIIT member Abdur-Rahman Muhammad -- who was with that organization when the word was formally created, and who has since rejected IIIT's ideology -- now reveals the original intent behind the concept of Islamophobia: “This loathsome term is nothing more than a thought-terminating cliche conceived in the bowels of Muslim think tanks for the purpose of beating down critics.” In short, in its very origins, “Islamophobia” was a term designed as a weapon to advance a totalitarian cause by stigmatizing critics and silencing them.

This plan was an outgrowth of the Muslim Brotherhood's "General Strategic Goal for North America," by which the organization aimed to wage "a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and 'sabotaging' its miserable house by their hands ... so that ... God's religion [Islam] is made victorious over all other religions." To implement this plan, the Brotherhood enlisted the help of 29 likeminded "organizations of our friends" (one of which was IIIT), whose task would be to depict themselves as civil-rights groups speaking out on behalf of a Muslim American population that was allegedly besieged by outsiders who harbored an illogical, unfounded fear of them -- i.e., by a society replete with "Islamophobia."

Although the term was coined in the early 1990s, “Islamophobia” did not become the focus of an active Brotherhood campaign until after 9/11. Since that time, Islamist lobby organizations (including the Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR) and Muslim civil-rights activists have regularly accused the American people, American institutions, law-enforcement authorities, and the U.S. government of harboring a deep and potentially violent prejudice against Muslims. The accusers charge that as a result of this "Islamophobia," Muslims are disproportionately targeted by perpetrators of hate crimes and acts of discrimination.

Politics of "Islamophobia" - Discover the Networks

"I Thought I Was Going To Be Another Victim Of Injustice"
"I felt like I was a criminal, I felt like I was a terrorist," Ahmed Mohamed told Hayes. "Like all the names I've been called." In middle school, the MacArthur High School freshman said he was called "a terrorist, a bomb maker, just because of my religion and my race."
"I feel really well after. Before, I thought I wasn’t going to get any support because I’m a Muslim boy," he said. "I thought I was going to be another victim of injustice."
So:

Teen Ahmed Mohamed brings clock to school, gets arrested - CNN.com
"I built a clock to impress my teacher but when I showed it to her, she thought it was a threat to her," Ahmed told reporters Wednesday. "It was really sad that she took the wrong impression of it."
What sophistry. This incident is not a racist one - it is the insane PC Zero Tolerance Crap combined with ignorant School Bureaucrats and Unionized Teachers.

Big Government is the problem, not racism.

BINGO!!!!!! The left and their PC and "tolerance"....then they are stunned when something like this happens
I think you missed my point. If you are feeling like you a being called a bomb-making terrorist you don't make someone a clock to prove them wrong. Especially not one that looks like this. (My estimate of what it would have looked like coming out of the backpack. I did not add the electrical plug hanging out but that might have been in the case at the time anyway. Pencil case from Amazon for $12.)

View attachment 50354

I responded to Boedicca. I think the whole thing is overblown but again this is what happens when PC goes amok
It is not overblown in the least. The kid tried to intimidate his english teacher with a hoax bomb. Now Obama is having him over for tea. If this does not sum up U.S. foreign policy in a nutshell I do not know what does.

Bolshoi. The kid's a tecno-geek who's been tinkering with electronics his whole (short) life. That's what he was showing off. What possible purpose would there be in making a fake bomb to intimidate somebody? To serve the fantasies of paranoiacs on message boards?

I mean ----- think about it.

Don't blame people who can't tell the difference between a clock and a bomb. If you don't know what it is, you err on the side of caution.
How many things can you think of which quite possibly could be bombs?

How 'bout this?

ryder-truck.jpg

It is not overblown in the least. The kid tried to intimidate his english teacher with a hoax bomb. Now Obama is having him over for tea. If this does not sum up U.S. foreign policy in a nutshell I do not know what does.
You clearly have a tendency to misconstrue and exaggerate.

If this kid is guilty of anything more insidious than wishing to demonstrate his skill with electronics it is a relatively harmless mischievous effort to maneuver some teachers and cops into to making fools of themselves.

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

After taking a homemade clock to school, Irving MacArthur High student Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was taken in handcuffs to juvenile detention. Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

snip*

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

“She was like, it looks like a bomb,” he said.

“I told her, ‘It doesn’t look like a bomb to me.’”

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

“They were like, ‘So you tried to make a bomb?’” Ahmed said.

“I told them no, I was trying to make a clock.”

“He said, ‘It looks like a movie bomb to me.’”

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Heres the best part.....They are STILL INVESTIGATING THE CLOCK!!

Your story isn't very accurate. The kid didn't take it to his teacher, the alarm wen off on it and the teacher asked to see it. In this day and age it is better to err on the side of safety, Wouldn't you agree?

I would agree, if that is what they did. But it isn't. Yes, they treated the BOY like he was a terrorist. But they didn't treat the clock like a bomb.

Did they evacuate the school? No.
Did they get the "bomb" out of the school? No.
Did they call the Bomb Squad? No.

They took the "bomb" into the office and took pictures of it. If that is their plan for an actual bomb, they are total idiots.

If this kid is guilty of anything more insidious than wishing to demonstrate his skill with electronics it is a relatively harmless mischievous effort to maneuver some teachers and cops into to making fools of themselves.
There is a war coming to America. A war America can not win because a war with Islam is a war that never ends.

There is a war coming to America. A war America can not win because a war with Islam is a war that never ends.

Even if that were a rational thought --- what the fuck would it have to do with a clock project?

If they think wires and circuits are potential bombs I hope none of them opens a computer in class

Even if that were a rational thought --- what the fuck would it have to do with a clock project?
In your world nothing, not a dang thing. In your world: clock, 14 year old boy, school, teachers. Put that all together and you get "clock project". Your world is fading fast.

In your world nothing, not a dang thing. In your world: clock, 14 year old boy, school, teachers. Put that all together and you get "clock project". Your world is fading fast.

So reality is "fading" is it?
In some people's case it was pushed. :cuckoo:

Just admit it -- you don't have an answer. Because the answer is "nothing".

Does your mother cover herself from head to toe except her face and hands before she leaves the house? Do you know what it is like to walk beside your mother who is dressed like that in Irving, Texas in the middle of the summer?

Does your mother cover herself from head to toe except her face and hands before she leaves the house? Do you know what it is like to walk beside your mother who is dressed like that in Irving, Texas in the middle of the summer?

My mother died four years ago this month. Neither she, nor your scenario above, has jack shit to do with a 14-year-old's science project. You're rambling incoherently at this point.

My mother died four years ago this month. Neither she, nor your scenario above, has jack shit to do with a 14-year-old's science project. You're rambling incoherently at this point.
This is not about you though, is it? You are not putting yourself in his shoes. You are putting him in yours.

Ask your mommy to start tucking you into bed at night and read you a bed time story so you'll quit wetting the bed at night over your fear of the big bad muslims hiding under the bed. ......... :cuckoo: ,, :lol: :lol:
Oh, I am sure you are just loving the heck out of this, Sunni Man. Laugh it up. :eusa_snooty:

This is not about you though, is it? You are not putting yourself in his shoes. You are putting him in yours.

You're the asshat who brought up my mother.
I don't have shoes like that. I didn't do a science project involving a clock. And more to the point I don't have black skin or an Arabic-sounding name.

Its a clock that looks like bomb....

Pretty straightforward with the exception of race baiting asswipes....

Stand with ahmad.... f---ing precious...

Its a clock that looks like bomb....

Pretty straightforward with the exception of race baiting asswipes....

Stand with ahmad.... f---ing precious...
It is not race. It is this insane desperation to show that Islam is not inherently violent. When, after all, Islam is inherently violent.

Forum List

Back