$15 minimum wage would destroy 1.4 Million jobs

All this arguing over $15 an hour which is a wage one cannot survive on anywhere in this so called great nation.
Where is it written that a low skill job has to pay enough to survive?

MW jobs are for teenagers and really if you're 30 years old and still making minimum wage it's your own fault
The minimum wage, in my opinion, should be enough so that employees are not being subsidized by the public sector for the private sector's bottom line.

And tell me, speaking for all those opposed to the minimum wage...

Just How Low Will You GO?

Why do you hate poor, unskilled workers?
Why do you hate and complain about taxes for social services which help subsidize cheap labor for Capitalists?

Unskilled workers earning low wages reduce the cost of social services.
Not when the cost of living is above the minimum wage. It is why some firms were helping their labor force sign up for social welfare benefits.

Not when the cost of living is above the minimum wage.

When the cost of living is above the minimum wage, welfare is still lower for workers than for bums.
I agree to disagree. Labor usually incurs housing costs and may have kids to take care of.

that's not the employer's problem.
An externality to the employer? Why complain about taxes for social services. It is not your problem, merely another cost for you to consider for your bottom line.

When someone who is doing a 7.25 an hour job and that person artificially get a raise to 15 an hour his skills haven't improved so in reality there is no better employee to take his job because all entry level people will have their pay artificially raised for no reason.

And you don't know shit about running a business.

You can't run with the bare minimum because you have to cover sick time, vacation time etc and ideally you don't want to incur overtimes costs when you do that so a business actually runs with a small surplus of labor.

and saying that a guy who does nothing but push a broom has to be paid 15 an hour is not going to result in more broom pushing jobs it fact just the opposite will be true.
That is a disingenuous argument and always has been. What do you when the price of materials rise that you use for input to your business?
When the costs of supplies goes up you raise prices.

When the cost of labor goes up you raise prices.

you have to to maintain a profitable business.

Raising a broom pushers salary from 7.25 to 15 an hour doesn't make his skills worth more and will not result in more broom pushers.
So what; value and price (cost) are two different things. Did your supplies gain more value from the increased price?

It doesn't matter if the value of supplies goes up all that matters is the price I have to pay for them and how much I have to add into the cost of my finished product.

All this arguing over $15 an hour which is a wage one cannot survive on anywhere in this so called great nation.

MW jobs are for teenagers and really if you're 30 years old and still making minimum wage it's your own fault
The minimum wage, in my opinion, should be enough so that employees are not being subsidized by the public sector for the private sector's bottom line.

Your opinion is wrong as usual.

All we have to do is stop subsidizing them and they'll have to find a way to pay their own bills.

And this is according to the Far Left CBO. ...
Polishprince, you initialized this thread by referring to the Congressional Budget office as “the Far Left CBO”. I doubt if the majority or the minority parties’ congressional leaders would tolerate the CBO being far “left" or "right”, but I suppose your comment indicates your position within our nation’s political spectrum is not to the left of center and not among the “lunatic left fringe”.
But your comment leads me to speculate if you’re among the “lunatic right fringe”?
Respectfully, Supposn
///////////////////////////////////////////////////
Referring to: Introduction to CBO | Congressional Budget Office: “CBO’s work follows processes specified in the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 (which established the agency) or developed by the agency in concert with the House and Senate Budget Committees and the Congressional leadership”.

Why do you hate and complain about taxes for social services which help subsidize cheap labor for Capitalists?

Not when the cost of living is above the minimum wage. It is why some firms were helping their labor force sign up for social welfare benefits.
And that's why states and cities should be free to set their own MW where it makes sense for them, instead of having the federal government force fit everyone into one level.

When someone who is doing a 7.25 an hour job and that person artificially get a raise to 15 an hour his skills haven't improved so in reality there is no better employee to take his job because all entry level people will have their pay artificially raised for no reason.

You can't run with the bare minimum because you have to cover sick time, vacation time etc and ideally you don't want to incur overtimes costs when you do that so a business actually runs with a small surplus of labor.

and saying that a guy who does nothing but push a broom has to be paid 15 an hour is not going to result in more broom pushing jobs it fact just the opposite will be true.
That is a disingenuous argument and always has been. What do you when the price of materials rise that you use for input to your business?

Raising a broom pushers salary from 7.25 to 15 an hour doesn't make his skills worth more and will not result in more broom pushers.
So what; value and price (cost) are two different things. Did your supplies gain more value from the increased price?

It doesn't matter if the value of supplies goes up all that matters is the price I have to pay for them and how much I have to add into the cost of my finished product.
Price went up for labor. Just apply that same concept.

All we have to do is stop subsidizing them and they'll have to find a way to pay their own bills.
Your opinion is even more wrong as usual. Abolish corporate welfare first so they can find a way to pay their own bills.

And that's why states and cities should be free to set their own MW where it makes sense for them, instead of having the federal government force fit everyone into one level.
Fixing Standards for the Union is a power delegated to Congress.

Price went up for labor. Just apply that same concept.

No shit Sherlock.

Tell me at what price point will my customers buy less than they do now?

At what point will they stop buying my product?

Since everyone who is already making close to 15 an hour now will see their purchasing power drop it is inevitable that I will lose business

If nobody applied for min wage jobs then all this would be a mute point. That would be funny when you think about it.

If nobody applied for min wage jobs then all this would be a mute point. That would be funny when you think about it.

Your opinion is even more wrong as usual. Abolish corporate welfare first so they can find a way to pay their own bills.

Why do you think I would disagree with that?

The fact is most business don't get shit from the government.

Tell me at what price point will my customers buy less than they do now?

At what point will they stop buying my product?

Since everyone who is already making close to 15 an hour now will see their purchasing power drop it is inevitable that I will lose business
Another disingenuous argument? All of your competition (unless they are better managed) are in the same boat as you.

How many more hamburgers can minimum wage labor afford at their new minimum wage versus the previous minimum wage?

And this is according to the Far Left CBO. Undoubtably it would be a lot more.
Any poor person who needs to work deserves this shit sandwich they are being served- if they actually voted for the Dems.
Polishprince, your posted link’s headline implies Congressional Budget office’s, (CBO‘s) reports concerning the House’s passed “Raise the Wage Act” are net unfavorable to the proposed. The headline quotes from a line that doesn’t reflect CBO‘s net analysis and reports regarding federal minimum wage rate increases.

For example, referring to page 3, Table 1, “Effects of Increases in the Federal Minimum Wage on Employment, Income, and Poverty, 2025” within the Congressional budget Office’s publication, The Effects on Employment and Family Income of Increasing the Federal Minimum Wage (cbo.gov) , due to the “Raise the Wage Act” CBO projects a no more than a 1/10 of a single percent unemployment rate increase for all USA’s families; which would be a rate of 1/3 of a single percent increase among only USA’s higher income families.
These are not materially proportional
increases.

They project no increase of unemployment among the aggregate remainders of USA families, and employment among our lower income families will increase. CBO projects 5.2% increases among our lowest income earning families.
The CBO reports describe a proposal that would be net economically and socially beneficial to our nation. Respectfully, Supposn

Don't post the job then. It is that easy. Do the work yourself. You should not expect much productivity for 7.25 per hour. So going in you have zero expectations. Pay is always linked to productivity. Always.

Why do you think I would disagree with that?

The fact is most business don't get shit from the government.
More to the point, while more than 170 billion dollars is expended on assorted varieties of corporate welfare the federal government spends 11 billion dollars on Aid for Dependent Children. --https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_welfare#United_States

Forum List

Back