17 trillion

I am looking for this factoid. last time I got it, i heard that 14 trillion dollar bills would reach pluto and back. so how far will 17 Trillion Dollars reach? are there more planets past Pluto? maybe even the planet some of our congress members came from.

I love it when republican show their fear of Dems .... Elizabeth Warren scars the crap out of republicans ... she has taken single handed their ability to cheat people out of their money ... she made it a crime to cheat people out of their money and you can see republicans shaking in their boots ....

The Republicans who wanted to freeze the debt ceiling never offered any semblance of a budget that would have kept us under the debt ceiling.

The president who said 9 trillion in debt was unpatriotic never approved a budget that didn't increase the debt.

Like I said everyone is guilty so no one is at fault. That's the way politicians work to keep you people fighting against each other over the false dichotomy that is our political system.

If everyone is guilty of running up the debt as you say, I haven't seen any of you republicans show us a bill that was presented by the democrats that has cause 17 trillion dollars of debt... or in our case 7 trillion dollars of debt by the democrats ... I have how ever, myself, time and time again, shown you all bill after bill that the republicans presented to the congress passed in the congress signed by the republicans... that has racked up huge debt ... why just recently all by their little selves they racked up 27 Billion dollars with a blink of a eye ... so how can you say they both are guilty ... are you trying to save face by adding in a party that had noting to do with out of control spending ....

Where did I ever say I was a republican?

I'm not. That might be hard for you to understand since you too have been duped into a false dichotomy of thought.

Actually, it was when Cruz and Bachmann went to the WWII Veterans Memorial to gladhand and get a political moment that the GOP decided to open up the National Parks.

It was shortly after that, that people started paying attention to veterans and found out that not only would the military be caught short with no paycheck, but they also realized that the veterans who were retired would also be caught up in the government shutdown.

Trust me....................I saw it happen in the late 90's when the GOP did it the last time, and I was active duty Navy stationed up in Newport RI. Only thing is, there was no Twitter or social media at the time, and the general population of the U.S. didn't think it affected them.

Now? Anything that happens is going to be broadcasted, and if you're being a hypocrite (like Bachmann and Cruz), it's going to reach everyone else, because people will talk about it.

Good luck GOP, you and the tea baggers are going to need it in 2014.

So Bachmann and Cruz drew attention to the problem and the GOP offered solutions which the Dems rejected. Is that really what you meant to say?

Actually, Cruz and Bachmann drew attention to a problem that they thought they could pursue for political gains.

Too bad it blew up in their faces.

If I saw Bachmann or Cruz, and they were trying to capitalize on the service I'd spent over 20 years serving in? I'd punch either of them in the nose and tell them that they were fucking me over.

I served from 1982 until 2002 (with over 10 months in DEP), and would ask them why they never served.

Sorry, but the tea baggers are an infection that needs to be eradicated by voting all of them out in 2014.

So you would do the same with Obama, who frequently uses the service for photo ops and the like, and who also never served, right?
You're such a fucking remf.

So Bachmann and Cruz drew attention to the problem and the GOP offered solutions which the Dems rejected. Is that really what you meant to say?

Actually, Cruz and Bachmann drew attention to a problem that they thought they could pursue for political gains.

If I saw Bachmann or Cruz, and they were trying to capitalize on the service I'd spent over 20 years serving in? I'd punch either of them in the nose and tell them that they were fucking me over.

I served from 1982 until 2002 (with over 10 months in DEP), and would ask them why they never served.

Sorry, but the tea baggers are an infection that needs to be eradicated by voting all of them out in 2014.

So you would do the same with Obama, who frequently uses the service for photo ops and the like, and who also never served, right?

Really? A REMF? Sorry, but I've got ribbons and medals (as well as have it posted on my LES where I served in combat zones) that would say otherwise, as well as 20 documented years to say that I've served. Hell, I've even got a retirement check and a blue ID card.

However.....................I've never seen Obama try to capitalize on those who are active duty military as much as the Tea Baggers have.

How many years, and what service were you in again?

Really? A REMF? Sorry, but I've got ribbons and medals (as well as have it posted on my LES where I served in combat zones) that would say otherwise, as well as 20 documented years to say that I've served. Hell, I've even got a retirement check and a blue ID card.

However.....................I've never seen Obama try to capitalize on those who are active duty military as much as the Tea Baggers have.

OK so you admit Obama does capitalize on the military and use them for props. So why are you not railing against Obama doing that?
Maybe because you're a worthless Obama knee-padder. I doubt you were ever in the service. I think you spent your life servicing sailors in the men's bathrooms in port city bars.

OK so you admit Obama does capitalize on the military and use them for props. So why are you not railing against Obama doing that?
Maybe because you're a worthless Obama knee-padder. I doubt you were ever in the service. I think you spent your life servicing sailors in the men's bathrooms in port city bars.

Interesting...................you decide that I've never been in the service because I said I've never seen Obama try to capitalize on the active duty troops as much as the teabaggers have.

Guess what? I've seen Obama speak in front of military people, but he never used them as props. However.............Wanna talk about Bachmann and Cruz when they shamelessly used WWII veterans as props? Just because he doesn't do it as much, doesn't mean he does it at all. Yeah.............the President DOES have to give speeches in front of the troops, but when he does, he doesn't try to gain political points on them like the Teabaggers do.

And..................fwiw.......................I really don't care if you think I've ever served. My blue ID card and my retirement check every month tell me I did.

So do the pictures I've taken overseas, and the people I've met.

But..................keep on in your bubble if it pleases you.

Interesting...................you decide that I've never been in the service because I said I've never seen Obama try to capitalize on the active duty troops as much as the teabaggers have.

Guess what? I've seen Obama speak in front of military people, but he never used them as props. However.............Wanna talk about Bachmann and Cruz when they shamelessly used WWII veterans as props? Just because he doesn't do it as much, doesn't mean he does it at all. Yeah.............the President DOES have to give speeches in front of the troops, but when he does, he doesn't try to gain political points on them like the Teabaggers do.

And..................fwiw.......................I really don't care if you think I've ever served. My blue ID card and my retirement check every month tell me I did.

?The Five? co-host Eric Bolling to Obama: ?Quit using our military as a photo-op? | The Daily Caller
You keep admitting Obama uses the military as a prop but justify it because someone else does it worse, even if it isn't true. And yet you wont condemn Obama for the same behavior.
No, I dont think you ever served, except as chicken hawk in some bar. Your check is likely SSI.

?The Five? co-host Eric Bolling to Obama: ?Quit using our military as a photo-op? | The Daily Caller
You keep admitting Obama uses the military as a prop but justify it because someone else does it worse, even if it isn't true. And yet you wont condemn Obama for the same behavior.
No, I dont think you ever served, except as chicken hawk in some bar. Your check is likely SSI.

Like I said..................Obama gives speeches in front of the troops because that is what he's supposed to do (especially when awarding medals). Bachmann and Cruz just went to where the veterans were, because it looked like a good photo op.

Additionally, if you'd like to meet me in person, I can prove that I'm retired military, but I'm guessing you won't, because you like to remain some anonymous asshat on the 'net who thinks they have something to say. I can give you every duty station I've served, as well as give you the names of those I served under.

My check is SSI? Sorry, but I can also show you an LES that shows it's USN.

Like I said..................Obama gives speeches in front of the troops because that is what he's supposed to do (especially when awarding medals). Bachmann and Cruz just went to where the veterans were, because it looked like a good photo op.

Additionally, if you'd like to meet me in person, I can prove that I'm retired military, but I'm guessing you won't, because you like to remain some anonymous asshat on the 'net who thinks they have something to say. I can give you every duty station I've served, as well as give you the names of those I served under.

Perhaps if you would stop acting like a liberal and more like a man suitable of the service, perhaps Rabbi wouldn't have any reason to doubt it. I, on the other hand, doubt the service of anyone who claims to fight for his country, but comes home and demonizes anyone with a differing political opinion.

Is that all?

Last edited:

Perhaps if you would stop acting like a liberal and more like a man suitable of the service, perhaps Rabbi wouldn't have any reason to doubt it. I, on the other hand, doubt the service of anyone who claims to fight for his country, but comes home and demonizes anyone with a differing political opinion.

Is that all?

I thought that one of the reasons I was serving in the U.S. Navy was to protect free speech so that idiots like you could disagree with people you perceived as idiots (like me).

Yeah........................I grew up in a conservative family, and voted for the Republicans most of the time, but when I saw what Jr. was doing to this nation (and to the economy) I decided to become Independent.

And..................after seeing the sorry way the Tea Baggers are leading the GOP around by their noses, I'm glad I no longer support the GOP.

I mean..............by any standard, you've got to agree................Boehner sucks as a leader, and should be fired. If I was to run any shop that I've been supervisor of (USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5) or MEPS Amarillo) like Boehner did, I would have been fired from independent duty and sent back to the Fleet or a PSD.

Sorry, but the GOP is dysfunctional, and Boehner let it get that way. He listened too much to the radicals in his party.

Is that all?

I thought that one of the reasons I was serving in the U.S. Navy was to protect free speech so that idiots like you could disagree with people you perceived as idiots (like me).

Yeah........................I grew up in a conservative family, and voted for the Republicans most of the time, but when I saw what Jr. was doing to this nation (and to the economy) I decided to become Independent.

And..................after seeing the sorry way the Tea Baggers are leading the GOP around by their noses, I'm glad I no longer support the GOP.

I mean..............by any standard, you've got to agree................Boehner sucks as a leader, and should be fired. If I was to run any shop that I've been supervisor of (USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5) or MEPS Amarillo) like Boehner did, I would have been fired from independent duty and sent back to the Fleet or a PSD.

Sorry, but the GOP is dysfunctional, and Boehner let it get that way. He listened too much to the radicals in his party.

Sorry. Every motherfucker on this site who licks Obama's balls claims he was a conservative Republican. That's just one more lie.
You didn't serve in the military any more than Barack Obama did.

With everyone focused on debt ceilings, the shut down and naming winners and loser in the fight over them people may not have noticed we have now officially gone over 17 trillion in debt I'm sure the media would have gotten around to mentioning that sooner or later.

And the sooner the economy is fully recovered and Americans are back to work, the sooner we can start to address the issue of the debt.

The only thing delaying addressing the debt is Congressional republicans.

With everyone focused on debt ceilings, the shut down and naming winners and loser in the fight over them people may not have noticed we have now officially gone over 17 trillion in debt I'm sure the media would have gotten around to mentioning that sooner or later.

And the sooner the economy is fully recovered and Americans are back to work, the sooner we can start to address the issue of the debt.

Polly want a talking point.
th

And the only thing preventing full recovery is Obama and the Democrats.
Vote them out now.

The CR and raising the debt limit will be facing us again soon enough and I bet starting next week
the president will be pushing immigration reform....

Wasn't the budget and debt ceiling all the rage just a short time ago.
Now it will be forgotten about?
When economists see the overnight growth from

October 16, 2013 of $16,747,360,549,057.23

to

October 17, 2013 of $17,075,590,107,963.57

That interest may rear its former peak, it will show those who blather on about increasing the debt ceiling does not increase the debt to be clearly and unmistakably wrong.

You may find proof of this assertion at the government website, US National Debt to the Penny: Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

Scroll down to the bottom of the long list. It's the last two figures on there right now, but will change tomorrow or the next day.

Back payments on cooking the books since May. I'm surprised that the increase isn't larger. I guess they'll uncook the books over time.

Good post.

The Republicans who wanted to freeze the debt ceiling never offered any semblance of a budget that would have kept us under the debt ceiling.

LOL

All the plans submitted by the GOP have been refused by the Dems. As they offer nothing but tax increases as their solution to the problem.

All of the plans submitted were to cut OVER A PERIOD OF TIME. Some as much as 7 years down the road.

Perhaps you can tell us how to cut a TRILLION a year off the budget with your idiotic post................................

Forum List

Back