17 trillion

Like I said..................Obama gives speeches in front of the troops because that is what he's supposed to do (especially when awarding medals). Bachmann and Cruz just went to where the veterans were, because it looked like a good photo op.

Additionally, if you'd like to meet me in person, I can prove that I'm retired military, but I'm guessing you won't, because you like to remain some anonymous asshat on the 'net who thinks they have something to say. I can give you every duty station I've served, as well as give you the names of those I served under.

My check is SSI? Sorry, but I can also show you an LES that shows it's USN.

Perhaps if you would stop acting like a liberal and more like a man suitable of the service, perhaps Rabbi wouldn't have any reason to doubt it. I, on the other hand, doubt the service of anyone who claims to fight for his country, but comes home and demonizes anyone with a differing political opinion.

Is that all?

I thought that one of the reasons I was serving in the U.S. Navy was to protect free speech so that idiots like you could disagree with people you perceived as idiots (like me).

Yeah........................I grew up in a conservative family, and voted for the Republicans most of the time, but when I saw what Jr. was doing to this nation (and to the economy) I decided to become Independent.

And..................after seeing the sorry way the Tea Baggers are leading the GOP around by their noses, I'm glad I no longer support the GOP.

I mean..............by any standard, you've got to agree................Boehner sucks as a leader, and should be fired. If I was to run any shop that I've been supervisor of (USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5) or MEPS Amarillo) like Boehner did, I would have been fired from independent duty and sent back to the Fleet or a PSD.

Sorry, but the GOP is dysfunctional, and Boehner let it get that way. He listened too much to the radicals in his party.

LOL

Both sides use photo ops. Did they do it for a photo op........Possibly. Yet my nagging problem is why didn't the President order the barriers removed for them himself............

This was part of a scheduled HONOR FLIGHT for WWII vets. There aren't many WWII vets left these days. They may not get another chance to see these Memorials, so to BARRICADE THEM or NOT MAKE concessions for this HONOR FLIGHT by the Gov't is Fucking Foolish. Obama should have made the barriers go away himself if necessary to allow these WWII vets to go to the Memorial.

But in the political landscape of making the shutdown seem as bad as possible, it wasn't done. So some STOOD with the VETS to ENSURE they got to see the Memorial.

That isn't a fucking problem with me, and as FAR as a PHOTO OP I couldn't care less. Because these HERO'S OF WWII should have been able to see the Memorial whether it was in shut down or not.

The Commander N Chief SHOULD HAVE ENSURED IT so spare me the BS on it was nothing more than a Photo Op. To me, it was a DISGRACE of the Shutdown.

I have no reason to question Sailor on whether he served or not. I simply don't know whether he tells the truth or not. On the issue it doesn't matter anyway. His pushing that he served gives me some doubts, but doesn't justify whether or not he really served.

I have one question on this issue though. Where on the LES does it show Ribbons and combat service........................

Since it is only a Leave and Earning Statement. Another form shows that record. What is that form.....................

Perhaps if you would stop acting like a liberal and more like a man suitable of the service, perhaps Rabbi wouldn't have any reason to doubt it. I, on the other hand, doubt the service of anyone who claims to fight for his country, but comes home and demonizes anyone with a differing political opinion.

Is that all?

I thought that one of the reasons I was serving in the U.S. Navy was to protect free speech so that idiots like you could disagree with people you perceived as idiots (like me).

Yeah........................I grew up in a conservative family, and voted for the Republicans most of the time, but when I saw what Jr. was doing to this nation (and to the economy) I decided to become Independent.

And..................after seeing the sorry way the Tea Baggers are leading the GOP around by their noses, I'm glad I no longer support the GOP.

I mean..............by any standard, you've got to agree................Boehner sucks as a leader, and should be fired. If I was to run any shop that I've been supervisor of (USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5) or MEPS Amarillo) like Boehner did, I would have been fired from independent duty and sent back to the Fleet or a PSD.

Sorry, but the GOP is dysfunctional, and Boehner let it get that way. He listened too much to the radicals in his party.

LOL

Both sides use photo ops. Did they do it for a photo op........Possibly. Yet my nagging problem is why didn't the President order the barriers removed for them himself............

This was part of a scheduled HONOR FLIGHT for WWII vets. There aren't many WWII vets left these days. They may not get another chance to see these Memorials, so to BARRICADE THEM or NOT MAKE concessions for this HONOR FLIGHT by the Gov't is Fucking Foolish. Obama should have made the barriers go away himself if necessary to allow these WWII vets to go to the Memorial.

But in the political landscape of making the shutdown seem as bad as possible, it wasn't done. So some STOOD with the VETS to ENSURE they got to see the Memorial.

That isn't a fucking problem with me, and as FAR as a PHOTO OP I couldn't care less. Because these HERO'S OF WWII should have been able to see the Memorial whether it was in shut down or not.

The Commander N Chief SHOULD HAVE ENSURED IT so spare me the BS on it was nothing more than a Photo Op. To me, it was a DISGRACE of the Shutdown.

I have no reason to question Sailor on whether he served or not. I simply don't know whether he tells the truth or not. On the issue it doesn't matter anyway. His pushing that he served gives me some doubts, but doesn't justify whether or not he really served.

I have one question on this issue though. Where on the LES does it show Ribbons and combat service........................

Since it is only a Leave and Earning Statement. Another form shows that record. What is that form.....................

Actually, the LES (Leave and Earnings Statement) doesn't show anything about ribbons unless you're awarded the Medal of Honor. However................if you're serving in a combat zone that has been designated as a war zone, it's gonna show up, because when you serve in a combat zone that has been designated as a war zone, you're going to get your paycheck tax free. Matter of fact, I've done reenlistments for several people in a tax free zone (usually those who were serving in a rating that got a large reenlistment bonus) because they didn't want to pay the tax. One of which was an RM (who at the time I served was called a Radioman) who capitalized on it by reenlisting a month early because we were in a combat zone.

So..........................try again......................you lose..................tax free means you're in a combat zone, and yes, you CAN be awarded extra money (which shows up on your LES) if you get the CMH.

And.......................if you're wondering where else it shows up, well, for the U.S. Navy it will be on your Page 4 (Record of Awards) as well as your Page 13 (Record of miscellaneous), as well as on the certificates you receive if you get the CMH.

Oh yeah....................it also shows up on the citations you're awarded.

Wanna talk some more about it?

LOL

Actually, the LES (Leave and Earnings Statement) doesn't show anything about ribbons unless you're awarded the Medal of Honor. However................if you're serving in a combat zone that has been designated as a war zone, it's gonna show up, because when you serve in a combat zone that has been designated as a war zone, you're going to get your paycheck tax free. Matter of fact, I've done reenlistments for several people in a tax free zone (usually those who were serving in a rating that got a large reenlistment bonus) because they didn't want to pay the tax. One of which was an RM (who at the time I served was called a Radioman) who capitalized on it by reenlisting a month early because we were in a combat zone.

So..........................try again......................you lose..................tax free means you're in a combat zone, and yes, you CAN be awarded extra money (which shows up on your LES) if you get the CMH.

And.......................if you're wondering where else it shows up, well, for the U.S. Navy it will be on your Page 4 (Record of Awards) as well as your Page 13 (Record of miscellaneous), as well as on the certificates you receive if you get the CMH.

Oh yeah....................it also shows up on the citations you're awarded.

Wanna talk some more about it?

I received tax free money in combat zones as well. Of course that will show on an LES. But you stated ribbons in the LES, which made me question it. Since your retired those documents would be on your DD214. Also in your records of awards and citations.

You were obviously a PN or SK or something by the way you post.

I lived in the engine rooms as an EM..........Many years ago.

As I stated, I have no reason to doubt you served, but I did question you including the Ribbons on the LES.

BTW.

I complained about Jr. as well, but it would be a cold day and hell before I'd support Obama and the Dems. I also support the Tea Party Movement.

So, SHIPMATE, I cancel out your vote. That the way this shit works.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6TcpfBHlbs]Ray Stevens - Obama Budget Plan - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back