I like Clinton or Bernie. The only GOP candidate that I won't be PISSED about is Trump.

That's because Clinton, Sanders, and Trump all came from the same warehouse.

Trump is very leftist about a lot of things.

That's why a leftist like sealy doesn't mind him.

Trump is very leftist about a lot of things? Name a few things he is "leftist" about so we can discuss.

:popcorn:

You're in denial, aren't you?

• Increasing tariffs and increasing protectionism, something unions totally agree with
  • Sounding like Bernie Sanders on Iraq
  • Increasing taxes on hedge fund managers
  • Saying we aren't going to "let people die in the streets" on healthcare
  • Saying that Bush was responsible for 9/11
  • Not going to cut SS and Medicare, even though they will eventually lead us to a fiscal crisis
  • Calling Paul Ryan's budget "stupid"
  • Eminent domain
And so on.

Sealy is a leftist.

He just called you a "teabagger." He thanked my post saying Trump was a leftist.

Think about it.

I think you're in fantasyland or do not know what "leftist" means.

Increasing tariffs is not leftist. From 1865 to 1914, America had 10 Republican presidents. All believed in financing government by taxing imports, not the incomes of U.S. citizens or the U.S. companies that employed them. The US economy boomed during that time - real GDP and employment doubled, earnings rose by over 60% and wholesale prices fell by 75%.

Opposing war is not leftist, it's the ultimate in conservatism- stay out of foreign entanglements. Trump advocates peace through strength. That is conservative.

It is not Increasing taxes on hedge funds, it is closing a ridiculous loophole. This is something you have openly called for- are you a leftist?

We've never let "people die on the streets" in this country.

He never said Bush was responsible for 9/11, he said it happened on his watch. Bush was a lousy POTUS, how long should Republicans tap dance around that?

SS and Medicare are not welfare. Preserving them is very conservative. Increasing the economic base will preserve them. He'll probably raise or remove the cap on earning as well. Neither are "leftist". They are common sense. people have paid into these schemes, it is their money.

Ryan's budget was retarded,Trump was being charitable

Eminent domain is enshrined in our Constitution. I guess the founders were leftists, who knew? ...:cuckoo:

As for Sealy, who cares? I've been called far worse than a teabagger.

:thup:

And Sealy just thanked you for that post. Sealy has been a consistent leftist in all the time I've known him.

Arguing for SS, Medicare, higher taxes and against Paul Ryans' budget is right out of the Democrat playbook.

Are Democrats now conservatives?

Next you'll tell me that single-payer is also conservative.

Ask Sealy if he thinks right-wing healthcare causes people to die in the streets.

And using 19th century arguments regarding tariffs is pretty silly. Yes, in today's context - you know, in this century - higher taxes, restrictions of commerce and individual liberty, and economic inefficiency, i.e. tariffs, are left-wing, even if they weren't 150 years ago.

Congratulations, you're a leftist!

Hey, if you want to support Trump, feel free. But it's amusing to watch conservatives and libertarians twist themselves into intellectual knots to rationalize their support Trump, at least on ideological grounds.

Courtesy of the GOP...

The contest is coming down to:

Hillary Clinton v. One of the Clinton's larger financial contributor.

The GOP isn't known as the "party of stupid" for nothing.

Trump is very leftist about a lot of things? Name a few things he is "leftist" about so we can discuss.

• Increasing tariffs and increasing protectionism, something unions totally agree with
  • Not going to cut SS and Medicare, even though they will eventually lead us to a fiscal crisis
  • Eminent domain
And so on.

Sealy is a leftist.

He just called you a "teabagger." He thanked my post saying Trump was a leftist.

Think about it.

Increasing tariffs is not leftist. From 1865 to 1914, America had 10 Republican presidents. All believed in financing government by taxing imports, not the incomes of U.S. citizens or the U.S. companies that employed them. The US economy boomed during that time - real GDP and employment doubled, earnings rose by over 60% and wholesale prices fell by 75%.

Opposing war is not leftist, it's the ultimate in conservatism- stay out of foreign entanglements. Trump advocates peace through strength. That is conservative.

It is not Increasing taxes on hedge funds, it is closing a ridiculous loophole. This is something you have openly called for- are you a leftist?

He never said Bush was responsible for 9/11, he said it happened on his watch. Bush was a lousy POTUS, how long should Republicans tap dance around that?

SS and Medicare are not welfare. Preserving them is very conservative. Increasing the economic base will preserve them. He'll probably raise or remove the cap on earning as well. Neither are "leftist". They are common sense. people have paid into these schemes, it is their money.

Eminent domain is enshrined in our Constitution. I guess the founders were leftists, who knew? ...:cuckoo:

And Sealy just thanked you for that post. Sealy has been a consistent leftist in all the time I've known him.

Arguing for SS, Medicare, higher taxes and against Paul Ryans' budget is right out of the Democrat playbook.

Ask Sealy if he thinks right-wing healthcare causes people to die in the streets.

And using 19th century arguments regarding tariffs is pretty silly. Yes, in today's context - you know, in this century - higher taxes, restrictions of commerce and individual liberty, and economic inefficiency, i.e. tariffs, are left-wing, even if they weren't 150 years ago.

Hey, if you want to support Trump, feel free. But it's amusing to watch conservatives and libertarians twist themselves into intellectual knots to rationalize their support Trump, at least on ideological grounds.
My Republican coworker, who doesn't know I'm a lib BTW, said to me yesterday, "isn't it strange hillary is the corporate sellout and now trump the Republican is now the man of the people. Lol it's true though.

Not that I like trump or think he can win. I just like him more than kasich or rubio.

Cruz n carson are just laughable

I would never vote for Trump - not because of his political stances, those aren't that conservative - but because he is not presidential material.

I don't like Trump's personality. He's a silver spoon fed rich kid, blowhard, reality show star, asshole.

But I absolutely love what Trump is doing to this election.

• Eminent domain
And so on.

Sealy is a leftist.

Think about it.

More false shit that is easily disproved. Trump does not want to raise taxes, he wants to lower them. He is not in favor of "single payer" he wants to use health savings accounts and increase competition by removing interstate barriers. . . Regarding Ryan's budget - if you are talking about the POS that was just passed Congress- yeah it's garbage.

If you want a "check off the boxes" doctrinaire conservative that "says" all the right things vote for La Raza Rubio in the primary. He has a talking point for every problem!! Of course he's very open to compromise and he may not show up for work....

Time to face reality Toro, you've been wrong on Trump since day 1. Barring some sort of tragedy, Trump is going to be the GOP nominee. He is not a professional politician, he's a citizen politician, just like the founders envisioned He is conservative on the things that matter: He wants to lower Taxes, enforce our immigration laws, protect the 2nd amendment, repeal Obamacare, make better trade deals, he'll defund Planned Parenthood. That is not conservative enough? Then vote for hiLIARy.

PS- Apparently You're a leftist that "wants to raise taxes". You've advocated closing the hedge fund loophole for as long as I've been here...:rofl: .

• Eminent domain
And so on.

Sealy is a leftist.

Think about it.

More false shit that is easily disproved. Trump does not want to raise taxes, he wants to lower them. He is not in favor of "single payer" he wants to use health savings accounts and increase competition by removing interstate barriers. . . Regarding Ryan's budget - if you are talking about the POS that was just passed Congress- yeah it's garbage.

If you want a "check off the boxes" doctrinaire conservative that "says" all the right things vote for La Raza Rubio in the primary. He has a talking point for every problem!! Of course he's very open to compromise and he may not show up for work....

Time to face reality Toro, you've been wrong on Trump since day 1. Barring some sort of tragedy, Trump is going to be the GOP nominee. He is not a professional politician, he's a citizen politician, just like the founders envisioned He is conservative on the things that matter: He wants to lower Taxes, enforce our immigration laws, protect the 2nd amendment, repeal Obamacare, make better trade deals, he'll defund Planned Parenthood. That is not conservative enough? Then vote for hiLIARy.

PS- Apparently You're a leftist that "wants to raise taxes". You've advocated closing the hedge fund loophole for as long as I've been here...:rofl: .

I'm leftist on some things.

I don't try to fool myself otherwise.

• Eminent domain
And so on.

Sealy is a leftist.

Think about it.

Aren't most people? If I could travel back in time and undo the New Deal, I would. But that is not realistic. We have Social Security and Medicare and people have been paying into the program for decades. The people who paid into those programs should get the benefits they were promised- it is THEIR money, not the governments. We can make a few tweaks to make the program sustainable (remove or raise the income cap slowly increase the retirement age, etc..) . Maybe even offer younger folks a way to opt out, but the government can't abandon the promises they've made. That is completely unacceptable.

I don't expect any nominee to be EXACTLY like me on every position, otherwise I'd never vote. You and I both supported Romney. He started the Massachusetts healthcare system. That was extremely leftist. But compared to Obama he was a far better choice. Within the field of available GOP candidates I believe Trump is the best candidate, by a YUUGE margin. He's conservative enough for me.

• Eminent domain
And so on.

Sealy is a leftist.

Think about it.

Aren't most people? If I could travel back in time and undo the New Deal, I would. But that is not realistic. We have Social Security and Medicare and people have been paying into the program for decades. The people who paid into those programs should get the benefits they were promised- it is THEIR money, not the governments. We can make a few tweaks to make the program sustainable (remove or raise the income cap slowly increase the retirement age, etc..) . Maybe even offer younger folks a way to opt out, but the government can't abandon the promises they've made. That is completely unacceptable.

I don't expect any nominee to be EXACTLY like me on every position, otherwise I'd never vote. You and I both supported Romney. He started the Massachusetts healthcare system. That was extremely leftist. But compared to Obama he was a far better choice. Within the field of available GOP candidates I believe Trump is the best candidate, by a YUUGE margin. He's conservative enough for me.

You don't worry about putting a man in office who has gone 60 years never being told 'no'? He's very immature.

You don't worry about putting a man in office who has gone 60 years never being told 'no'? He's very immature.

I don't see it that way. He's a man who knows how to get things done. His campaign proves it. He's got the best results with the least amount of money spent.

He will continue to be underestimated right up until he leaves office in 2025.

• Eminent domain
And so on.

Sealy is a leftist.

Think about it.
Instead if these, why don't you talk about his hawkish positions on ISIS, keeping Muslims out of America, documenting American Muslims, making Mexico pay for a wall, mass deportation, lowest tax plan in 100 years, and abolishing gun-free zones, and making CCW the law nationwide ?

And protectionism is not a liberal issue. CONSERVATIVES protect US jobs against illegal aliens, as well as foreign workers outside the US.

I think we'll
I would never vote for Trump - not because of his political stances, those aren't that conservative - but because he is not presidential material.

I don't like Trump's personality. He's a silver spoon fed rich kid, blowhard, reality show star, asshole.

But I absolutely love what Trump is doing to this election.
I think if we survived 8 years of bush delay and hastert we can give trump Mitch and Ryan 4 years. I don't think it's a good idea but I don't hate it as much as Cruz rubio or kasich.

Forum List

Back