23% of Republicans Say they Won't Vote for Gingrich

It's funny to watch your hate subsume all reason. Name me a Kennedy who lost to a Republican in MA at any level.

Romney won statewide office in a heavily Democratic state. Gingrich won in a small evangelical conservative district. Romney has shown he can win Democrats and independents. Newt has shown he can win evangelical conservatives.

But you keep hating.

Romney won statewide office against a non-entity effectively running as a democrat, and a majority STILL wanted someone else. Romney didn't really win those people. He really just ran unopposed in an election no one cared about. And he spent 7 million dollars to do it.

Here's the dirty little secret. Republicans held that office for 12 years before Romney got there. There was a whole series of Republican governors, so he wasn't exactly breaking new ground.

And maybe you should read about Newt's district. It's actually more exurban than rural.

But to the point, if there ever was a year Teddy was going down, it was 1994. People were angry at him when they found out the shennanigans going on at the Palm Beach estate (where his nephew raped a woman and he covered it up). The GOP was rolling over Democrats all over the country, and people thought Mittens had a chance.

Until they got to know him.

This is the ugly secret of Mitt Romney. He's not likable on a personal level. Even the other GOP Candidates in 2008 all had bad things to say about him.

Now, can the establishment bully a loser into place the rank and file doesn't want. Sure. Look at Bob Dole. Is it a good idea? Well, look at Bob Dole.

The has a much better chance of beating obama than the walking mediocrity that is newt.

i'm sorry you were teased by all those mean mormons when you were a kid, but that's the reality.

the problem with being a bigot, which you clearly are, is that you view everything through the distorted lens of your own prejudice. you should at least own up to it, instead of pretending that you, or anyone else, gives a rat's ass about ampad.

Guy, I reject the notion of "bigotry". Because by that standard, everyone's a "bigot". Religious people and athiests alike.

Either you accept a world view to be true. Or you reject it.

My view on Mormons is that they believe in a lie. Therefore, it's a valid value judgement. Might not be politically correct, but there it is.

As for Newt vs. Mitt. Both of them have serious flaws and I don't think either one of them will be able to beat Obamsky. tall order to beat an incumbant to start with, further complicated by the fact that both of these guys have serious flaws with groups they need to carry.

Now if we could only get Mitch Daniels in there. That would be something. Well, have to wait until 2012 for that.

And Romney has a better chance than Newt.

And your "He didn't beat Ted Kennedy" line has to be the most laughable of all your talking points.

NO, it's telling. YOu can't argue that a Republican couldn't have possibly ever won that seat. A republican is sitting in it now..

And in 1994, Ted was as vulnerable as he was ever going to get. He just had his bloated ass dragged into a court for a rape trial, he was at his lowest populartiy ever, people were happy to retire him at that point.

And then they got to know Mitt Romney.

This is Mitt's real problem. On paper, he looks great. Successful Businessman, nice family.

And then people get to know him.

It's funny to watch your hate subsume all reason. Name me a Kennedy who lost to a Republican in MA at any level.

Romney won statewide office in a heavily Democratic state. Gingrich won in a small evangelical conservative district. Romney has shown he can win Democrats and independents. Newt has shown he can win evangelical conservatives.

But you keep hating.

He never fails to amuse w/ his zany reasoning :razz:

The has a much better chance of beating obama than the walking mediocrity that is newt.

i'm sorry you were teased by all those mean mormons when you were a kid, but that's the reality.

the problem with being a bigot, which you clearly are, is that you view everything through the distorted lens of your own prejudice. you should at least own up to it, instead of pretending that you, or anyone else, gives a rat's ass about ampad.

Guy, I reject the notion of "bigotry". Because by that standard, everyone's a "bigot". Religious people and athiests alike.

Either you accept a world view to be true. Or you reject it.

My view on Mormons is that they believe in a lie. Therefore, it's a valid value judgement. Might not be politically correct, but there it is.

As for Newt vs. Mitt. Both of them have serious flaws and I don't think either one of them will be able to beat Obamsky. tall order to beat an incumbant to start with, further complicated by the fact that both of these guys have serious flaws with groups they need to carry.

Now if we could only get Mitch Daniels in there. That would be something. Well, have to wait until 2012 for that.

it's 2012 now, einstein, and whether you accept it or not, you're a bigot.

own it, pussy. :lol:

Mormonism is still a cult.

Utter bullshit. Mormonism is no more a cult than Catholicism is.

In the days of Joseph Smith, there was one ruler - Smith. Smith was revered as basically God, declaring himself more important than Jesus Christ (he got that from Muhammad, who he modeled is rule after.) Smith got all the young pussy, even from converts who were married. Smith would dissolve the marriage and add the wives to his own harem.

That's what cult leaders do. Those who tried to leave the Mormons were often murdered. When you were in, you were in for life. That's how cults work.

Smith was a megalomaniac and took over Nauvoo, driving the civil government out. When Federal troops were dispatched to restore the legitimate government, Smith had the chutzpah to send his private army against them. Didn't work out too well. The fool was insane and thought he was Muhammad, and could defeat the infidels as if it were Medina.

Then the bastard was shot before he could be hanged for treason, in a gun battle as his brother tried to break him out.

That's how cults act.

But that isn't Mormonism now, nothing even close. People leave the LDS church all the time, they're in no danger. No one is going to demand that all the women belong to the ruler. Mormons are a solid part of the government, not engaging in treason.

Did the Mormons put out a Memo that said, "We know Acknowledge that Joseph Smith was a Megalomaniac, a fraud etc, and we are purging his teaching from our faith."

Nope, they haven't done that.

You also got few historical facts wrong.

Smith was a megalomaniac and took over Nauvoo, driving the civil government out. When Federal troops were dispatched to restore the legitimate government, Smith had the chutzpah to send his private army against them. Didn't work out too well. The fool was insane and thought he was Muhammad, and could defeat the infidels as if it were Medina.

This statement is historically inaccurate. The Federal Government never took action against Smith in Navou, IL. What occured instead was that he got elected Mayor of Navou in what could be considered a reasonably fair election. He then exceeded his power, shutting down a newspaper that exposed his polygamy. COUNTY (not Federal officials) issued a warrent for his arrest, and he put out a call for his private militia to protect him. When they didn't show (after hiding out in the woods for a couple of days) he let himself get arrested, figuring his private army would spring him.

It's unlikely anything he was accused of would have carried the death penalty, but it was an angry mob that took him out.

Nevertheless, they are still a cult for all practical purposes.

you oughta get that obsession looked at

:rofl:

and you forgot to work ampad into it

try harder

try harder

Don't worry, we'll be hearing about the AmPad guys a lot in the coming months.

The Democrats can't wait to roast Romney over the fire on that one.

Why so many Republicans are willing to walk into the trap is what baffles me.

try harder

they're probably not obsessed bigots is my guess

try harder

they're probably not obsessed bigots is my guess

Or they hate Obama because he's black. If you want proof of that, spend about five minutes reading teh comments on a far right netsite like TownHall.

So the Mainstream media tells them Romney's electable and Newt isn't, and they say, "Okay, let's nominate Romney".

The same media will be telling people how Crazy Mormons actually are in three months.

But you keep hating.

Romney won statewide office against a non-entity effectively running as a democrat, and a majority STILL wanted someone else. Romney didn't really win those people. He really just ran unopposed in an election no one cared about. And he spent 7 million dollars to do it.

Here's the dirty little secret. Republicans held that office for 12 years before Romney got there. There was a whole series of Republican governors, so he wasn't exactly breaking new ground.

And maybe you should read about Newt's district. It's actually more exurban than rural.

But to the point, if there ever was a year Teddy was going down, it was 1994. People were angry at him when they found out the shennanigans going on at the Palm Beach estate (where his nephew raped a woman and he covered it up). The GOP was rolling over Democrats all over the country, and people thought Mittens had a chance.

Until they got to know him.

This is the ugly secret of Mitt Romney. He's not likable on a personal level. Even the other GOP Candidates in 2008 all had bad things to say about him.

Now, can the establishment bully a loser into place the rank and file doesn't want. Sure. Look at Bob Dole. Is it a good idea? Well, look at Bob Dole.

You keep rationalizing your hate.

But in statewide/nationwide elections, its

Romney 1
Newt 0

True story.

And in other news, Romney has surged back ahead in FL. The last four polls has Romney back in front.

Rasmussen Reports 1/25 - 1/25 750 LV 4.0 39 31 12 9 Romney +8
Insider Advantage 1/25 - 1/25 530 LV 4.0 40 32 8 9 Romney +8
Monmouth/SurveyUSA 1/24 - 1/25 540 LV 4.2 39 32 11 8 Romney +7
CNN/Time 1/22 - 1/24 369 LV 5.0 36 34 11 9 Romney +2

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Florida Republican Presidential Primary

Still way too early as things are extremely volatile, but Newt may have peaked, given the recent bitchslapping he received from FL's most popular political figure, Marco Rubio.

Romney 1
Newt 0

True story.

NOpe. It's Romney 1-3, Newt 11-0.

Obama's gonna mop the floor with him. It will be sad.

But the silver lining is, the next person who says, "We need to nominate a moderate" will be pelted with garbage.

try harder

The Dems want Gingrich to roast far more than Romney; check the NBC Wall Street Journal. Obama is kicking NG's ass, while you instead are kissing it.

Snarkey, Did you miss the SOTU address where he essentially was issuing an anti-Romney manifesto?

Romney 1
Newt 0

True story.

NOpe. It's Romney 1-3, Newt 11-0.

Obama's gonna mop the floor with him. It will be sad.

But the silver lining is, the next person who says, "We need to nominate a moderate" will be pelted with garbage.

Actually, its Newt 11-0 in Cobb county and Mitt 0-0. Yes, it will be sad when Obama mops the floor with Newt because this election is so winnable.

And I figured that an atheist, anti-capitalist, pro-union, Israel-nonsupporter, über-RINO like yourself would be more comfortable with a moderate, given that you're about as far away from being a conservative as I've ever seen someone who claims to be a Republican.

Snarkey, Did you miss the SOTU address where he essentially was issuing an anti-Romney manifesto?
Deflection will not help Gingrich here, JoeBigot. Obama wants Gingrich to roast and toast, then post NG's metaphorical head over the fire place on the trophy wall. Tis what tis.

Did the Mormons put out a Memo that said, "We know Acknowledge that Joseph Smith was a Megalomaniac, a fraud etc, and we are purging his teaching from our faith."

Nope, they haven't done that.

You also got few historical facts wrong.

This statement is historically inaccurate. The Federal Government never took action against Smith in Navou, IL. What occured instead was that he got elected Mayor of Navou in what could be considered a reasonably fair election. He then exceeded his power, shutting down a newspaper that exposed his polygamy. COUNTY (not Federal officials) issued a warrent for his arrest, and he put out a call for his private militia to protect him. When they didn't show (after hiding out in the woods for a couple of days) he let himself get arrested, figuring his private army would spring him.

It's unlikely anything he was accused of would have carried the death penalty, but it was an angry mob that took him out.

Nevertheless, they are still a cult for all practical purposes.

Try again, Sparky;

{“ War and extermination is inevitable! Citizens ARISE, ONE and ALL!!!—Can you stand by, and suffer such INFERNAL DEVILS! To ROB men of their property and RIGHTS, without avenging them. We have no time for comment, every man will make his own. LET IT BE MADE WITH POWDER AND BALL!!! (Warsaw Signal, June 12, 1844, p. 2.) ”

Warrants from outside Nauvoo were brought in against Smith and dismissed in Nauvoo courts on a writ of habeas corpus. Smith declared martial law on June 18[6] and called out the Nauvoo Legion, an organized city militia of about 5,000 men,[7] to protect Nauvoo from outside violence.[6]
[edit] Incarceration at Carthage Jail
An etching of the Carthage Jail, c. 1885

Illinois Governor Thomas Ford proposed a trial by a non-Mormon jury in Carthage, the county seat, and guaranteed Smith's safety. Smith originally planned on leaving rather than surrendering but when criticized by some followers is reported to have said, "If my life is of no value to my friends it is of none to myself."[1] Smith reluctantly agreed and submitted to arrest, further quoted as saying "I am going like a lamb to the slaughter; but I am calm as a summer’s morning; I have a conscience void of offense towards God, and towards all men. I shall die innocent, and it shall yet be said of me — he was murdered in cold blood."[8]

On June 25, 1844, Joseph and Hyrum Smith, along with the other fifteen city council members and some friends, surrendered to Carthage constable William Bettisworth on the original charge of riot. During the trip to Carthage, Smith reportedly recounted a dream in which he and his brother Hyrum escaped a burning ship, walked on water, and arrived at a great heavenly city—foreshadowing their death.[9] Upon arrival at Carthage, almost immediately Joseph and Hyrum were charged with treason against the state of Illinois for declaring martial law in Nauvoo, by a warrant founded upon the oaths of A. O. Norton and Augustine Spencer. At a preliminary hearing that afternoon the city council members were released on $500 bonds, pending later trial. The judge ordered Joseph and Hyrum Smith to be held in jail until they could be tried for treason, a capital offense.}

Forum List

Back