24 States Refuse To Turn Over Voting Data Unstable President

Good for them.

There are, indeed, some uses for States' Rights, after all.

The idea of the Government of the United States demanding to know how its citizens voted during the course of a Secret Ballot is downright UN-American.

This isn't Nazi Germany or Fascist Italy or Soviet Russia.

Yet.

Let's keep it that way.

Else be haunted by the ghosts of every Patriot who shed his blood for our People and their Republic and its Constitution.

And be condemned by our own grandchildren and their grandchildren, for our cowardice and lemming behavior.

For shame, Drumpf !!!
How they voted? Is that is what is being asked?
Yes.

Voting histories.

When available.

Where state law does not prohibit such disclosures.

Good for them.

The idea of the Government of the United States demanding to know how its citizens voted during the course of a Secret Ballot is downright UN-American.

Yet.

Let's keep it that way.

Else be haunted by the ghosts of every Patriot who shed his blood for our People and their Republic and its Constitution.

And be condemned by our own grandchildren and their grandchildren, for our cowardice and lemming behavior.

For shame, Drumpf !!!
Yes.

Voting histories.

When available.

So you are telling me, without a link, that information concerning how a private citizen voted is available? I don't believe it, the Governor of PA said that Trump can buy the information from the state for 20 dollars. I seriously doubt it contains HOW THEY VOTED information.

As with everything Trump, much to do over nothing.

Good for them.

Yet.

Let's keep it that way.

For shame, Drumpf !!!
Yes.

Voting histories.

When available.

So you are telling me, without a link, that information concerning how a private citizen voted is available? I don't believe it, the Governor of PA said that Trump can buy the information from the state for 20 dollars. I seriously doubt it contains HOW THEY VOTED information.

1. You did not ask for a link.

2. Link is supplied, below.

3. I stipulated that the commission asked for voting history, not whether it was actually available in state A or B.

4. As to supporting my assertion that the commission asked for such data... refer to the link, below... and, in that regard, read 'em and weep.

5. Next contestant, please.

----------------------------------------

"...The chair of President Trump's Election Integrity Commission has penned a letter to all 50 states requesting their full voter-roll data, including the name, address, date of birth, party affiliation, last four Social Security number digits and voting history back to 2006 of potentially every voter in the state..."

Trump’s voter-fraud commission wants to know voting history, party ID and address of every voter in the U.S.

The availability or non-availability of voting history within state A or B or C is not the issue.

The issue is the Trump Administration asking for it in the first place.

Good for them.

Yet.

Let's keep it that way.

For shame, Drumpf !!!
Yes.

Voting histories.

When available.

3. I stipulated that the commission asked for voting history, not whether it was actually available in state A or B.

4. As to supporting my assertion that the commission asked for such data... refer to the link, below... and, in that regard, read 'em and weep.

"...The chair of President Trump's Election Integrity Commission has penned a letter to all 50 states requesting their full voter-roll data, including the name, address, date of birth, party affiliation, last four Social Security number digits and voting history back to 2006 of potentially every voter in the state..."

Trump’s voter-fraud commission wants to know voting history, party ID and address of every voter in the U.S.

The availability or non-availability of voting history within state A or B or C is not the issue.

Voting HISTORY is not "how they voted" as you stated.

I can ask you if you voted last year there is nothing wrong with that question and there really isn't much reason for you not to answer. But when I ask whom you voted for then there is a problem.

Voting history is NOT the same as how they voted. Voting history is a public record. I am not sure what the issue is other then the states grandstanding.

Good for them.

Yet.

Let's keep it that way.

For shame, Drumpf !!!
Yes.

Voting histories.

When available.

I can ask you if you voted last year there is nothing wrong with that question and there really isn't much reason for you not to answer. But when I ask whom you voted for then there is a problem.

Voting history is NOT the same as how they voted. Voting history is a public record. I am not sure what the issue is other then the states grandstanding.
Why does the federal government need to know peoples' voting history? In what way does that reveal voter fraud, which is their expressed reason for wanting this data?

Yes.

Voting histories.

When available.

Why does the federal government need to know peoples' voting history? In what way does that reveal voter fraud, which is their expressed reason for wanting this data?
I believe they are looking into voter fraud and are requesting public information.

Yes.

Voting histories.

When available.

I believe they are looking into voter fraud and are requesting public information.
Thanks for not answering my question.
icon_rolleyes.gif

amazing how ignorant and lazy this administration is.... they should do their homework before trying these off the wall requests...

...We have more evidence than you folks...
1. I am a Centrist and not one of "you folks".

2. Present your evidence... link?

...had on Trump Russia collusion and there's currently 6 investigations looking for something on that...
And you have thrown rocks at most or all of those.

Will you now join the ranks of those foolishly spending money to prove a non-issue?

By all means, present your evidence, that the expenditure of millions of dollars to investigate widespread vote-fraud is warranted.

Link?

...If there's nothing to find on voter fraud, why are you folks so worried about them looking?...

2. I am not worried.

3. I am trying to be "fiscally responsible".

4. Why aren't you?

...Don't you want to know if someone is canceling your vote that shouldn't be? .
Sure.

If you have reason to suspect such on a widespread basis, then, by all means, present your preliminary evidence, so that citizens may determine whether such an expenditure is warranted, and whether the pursuit of such an investigation is likely to prove worthwhile in a political or constitutional context.

For example, the Chicago Democratic Machine has historically - and largely remains to this day - as crooked as crooked can be.

Start there, or any other Democrat-controlled Big City $hithole... ought to be easy enough to find substantive investigative narration or even credible speculation.

Good luck with that.

You can claim to be a centrist all day, but you're firmly with the left on this one. They fight tooth and nail against every effort to ensure the integrity of the vote. And BTW it's not a non issue when half the country doubts the system.

The fact is that the rejection is bipartisan. Tennessee has said that they will not release any information to the commission. Utah, ND, SD, and Indiana are a sampling of Republican states that are saying no. By the way you are aware that it is illegal for the federal government to receive data on party affiliation.

So the States can release all that info to the private political parties but not the feds, got it.

2017-06-30T203250Z_2_LYNXMPED5T1RF_RTROPTP_3_USA-TRUMP-VOTE-701x467.jpg

Twenty-four states have defied Trump’s request for sensitive voter information data, as they are refusing to turn over personal information to the unstable president.

Ari Berman of The Nation has the updated listed:

Follow
Ari Berman

✔@AriBerman

24 states won't provide voter data to Kobach: AZ, CA, CT, IN, KY, MA, MN, MS, NC, NM, ND, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SD, TN, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI

6:05 PM - 30 Jun 2017
Twitter Ads info and privacy

The Secretary of State in Mississippi told Trump to go jump in the Gulf of Mexico. The home state of the man leading Trump’s voter suppression charge, Kansas Sec. of State Kris Kobach turned down his request for voter data.

The panel which was born out of Trump’s false belief that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote because of people voting illegally has turned into another black eye and a complete fiasco for this White House.

The smart thing to do would be for the White House to quietly announce over the holiday weekend that they are putting the commission on hold for the time being, and then never speak of it again. Since this is the Trump administration, they will probably attack the states that refuse to turn over the voter data, and claim that since Trump is president, he can do whatever he wants.

It’s ironic that just days before America’s Independence Day holiday, the states are celebrating their independence by defying a request from a president who is becoming more like King George III with each passing day of his presidency.

24 States Have Defied Trump And Are Refusing His Request For Voter Information

And if they don't turn it over, the orange assclown is going to do what?

I guess it's time to appoint a special counsel to find what they are hiding.

Youre pathetic. You'll support any Trump move regardless of what it is. I can't believe the rightwing could be such pawns.

No, I've been a supporter of election integrity long before Trump came on the scene. That includes changing the law so States are required to verify citizenship when a person registers and strict voter ID.

...We have more evidence than you folks...

2. Present your evidence... link?

...had on Trump Russia collusion and there's currently 6 investigations looking for something on that...
And you have thrown rocks at most or all of those.

Will you now join the ranks of those foolishly spending money to prove a non-issue?

By all means, present your evidence, that the expenditure of millions of dollars to investigate widespread vote-fraud is warranted.

Link?

...If there's nothing to find on voter fraud, why are you folks so worried about them looking?...

2. I am not worried.

3. I am trying to be "fiscally responsible".

4. Why aren't you?

...Don't you want to know if someone is canceling your vote that shouldn't be? .
Sure.

If you have reason to suspect such on a widespread basis, then, by all means, present your preliminary evidence, so that citizens may determine whether such an expenditure is warranted, and whether the pursuit of such an investigation is likely to prove worthwhile in a political or constitutional context.

For example, the Chicago Democratic Machine has historically - and largely remains to this day - as crooked as crooked can be.

Start there, or any other Democrat-controlled Big City $hithole... ought to be easy enough to find substantive investigative narration or even credible speculation.

Good luck with that.

You can claim to be a centrist all day, but you're firmly with the left on this one. They fight tooth and nail against every effort to ensure the integrity of the vote. And BTW it's not a non issue when half the country doubts the system.

Why don't you care just as much about allowing every single person eligible to vote, his ability to do so? That is what makes your kind FOS

How is asking for proof of eligibility denying any eligible voter? Is asking for an ID at a liquor store denying 21 year olds the right to make a purchase?

These are state issues not federal. The federal government has no business with this information just so Trump's ego can be satisfied.

So does that mean you commiecrats will stop taking States to court every time they try to clean up their voter rolls?

How is asking for proof of eligibility denying any eligible voter? Is asking for an ID at a liquor store denying 21 year olds the right to make a purchase?
You can use our student ID to buy liquor You don't need a special government ID.

Student ID verifies age, not residency. Most out of State students maintain residency in their home State.

You've identified the number one form of voter fraud, multiple address voting. Like with Mitt Romney with homes in Utah and Massachusetts.

Two words, prove it.

You are the one making the accusation. It is up to you to prove it.

Prove what, that out of State students maintain residency in their home State? If they didn't, they wouldn't be out of State students would they?

How many have been found in blue States with 10 times their population? Wait, they're not bothering to look, are they? And they don't want anyone else looking.

The heritge foundation ran 47 sates for illegal votes, and came up with an average of less than two per state per year.

There have already been more convictions than that, like 848 criminal convictions, based on Heritage reports. Check this thread.

Growing Pile of Data Shows That Voter Fraud Is a Real and Vast Problem

848 convictions since the 2000 election equals 1.9 convictions per state per election.

Thanks for demonstrating there is no cause for either alarm or handing over more than a hundred million sets of data for the federal government to abuse.

So now show me what percentage of actual fraud was discovered. Never mind, because you have no way of knowing, do you?

LOL

That's your case to make.

Says the party of no. LMAO

Good for them.

Yet.

Let's keep it that way.

For shame, Drumpf !!!
Yes.

Voting histories.

When available.

Voting history is what elections they voted in, NOT how they voted.

Good for them.

Yet.

Let's keep it that way.

For shame, Drumpf !!!
Yes.

Voting histories.

When available.

It's provided to the national political parties, and they're not required to protect it by the privacy act, what's the difference?

The heritge foundation ran 47 sates for illegal votes, and came up with an average of less than two per state per year.

There have already been more convictions than that, like 848 criminal convictions, based on Heritage reports. Check this thread.

848 convictions since the 2000 election equals 1.9 convictions per state per election.

Thanks for demonstrating there is no cause for either alarm or handing over more than a hundred million sets of data for the federal government to abuse.

So now show me what percentage of actual fraud was discovered. Never mind, because you have no way of knowing, do you?

LOL

No worries. If you can't make your own case, there must not have been much of a case to begin with.

How many have been found in blue States with 10 times their population? Wait, they're not bothering to look, are they? And they don't want anyone else looking.

There is no way to determine the actual amount of voter fraud no matter what precautions are taken. You require fingerprint, optical scan
...You can claim to be a centrist all day, but you're firmly with the left on this one...
I am, indeed, a Centrist, and I am, indeed, firmly with the Left on this one... given that Drumpf has zero evidence to support his ridiculous claim of 3,000,000 Illegal Alien voters.

Your boy is hallucinating, and even Republican State Attorneys General are labeling his assertion and data-request as inappropriate.

As of July 4, 2017, at 3:30 PM US CDST, a total of forty-four (44) states have already refused to hand-over such data...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetwburns/2017/07/04/now-44-states-have-refused-trump-commissions-demand-for-voter-info/#5d82d4114458

Apparently, a fair number of state-level Republicans ALSO think your boy is hallucinating.

...They fight tooth and nail against every effort to ensure the integrity of the vote...
Neither the Left or that substantial portion of the Center and the Right (state-level Republicans who ALSO refuse to hand-over the data) are fighting any such effort.

They merely refused to engage in such efforts and to undertake such expenditures without substantive and credible preliminary evidence that such is appropriate at this time.

Produce the preliminary substantive and credible evidence indicating the likelihood of such wrong-doing and you'll have all the cooperation you need.

...And BTW it's not a non issue when half the country doubts the system..
I am not aware of any unbiased and credible polling which indicates any such thing.

And, gauging by the 44 states (including many Republican -controlled ones) who are refusing to comply, well, you're "half the nation" claim seems a wee bit shaky.
tongue_smile.gif

Ok I was a few points off.
My bold.

Overall, slightly more than one in three (36 percent) of the adults surveyed said they saw it as a major problem, while 32 percent said they viewed the prospect of eligible voters not being able to vote as a significant issue. Along partisan lines, 52 percent of Republicans said they are concerned about votes being cast by people who are not eligible vote, compared with 33 percent of independents and 26 percent of Democrats. The issue does not have a significant difference among whites, of which 37 percent called it a "major" issue, and 35 percent of non-whites who said the same. More than four in 10 in the South (42 percent) suggested they see voter fraud as a major issue, while about one in three in the East, Midwest and West said they saw it the same way.
<<snip>>

Eighty percent said they support voter ID, while 19 percent said they generally oppose the measure. Among Republicans, 95 percent support voter ID, compared to 83 percent of independents and a smaller share of 63 percent of Democrats.

Poll: 52 percent of Republicans call voter fraud major problem in 2016

They didn't comment on how many thought fraud was small problem, but still about 60 million that see it as a major problem.

Voter Fraud is just more republican bull shit to suppress voting of minorities because they usually vote for democrats. In states with strict voter picture ids, there is a slight decrease in turnout for all voters but a drop of several percentage points for minorities.

At least the Alt Right is honest enough to just admit that they want to keep black and Latinos minorities from voting.

Last edited:
No,
Good for them.

Yet.

Let's keep it that way.

For shame, Drumpf !!!
No but they have asked for birth dates, felony conviction information, and social security info. That information is considered confidential.

LOL

No worries. If you can't make your own case, there must not have been much of a case to begin with.

Your willful stupidity isn't making you case either. I've proven that States are prohibited form verifying citizenship, so far you haven't proven shit.

Forum List

Back