3 day waiting period and Background Check

that was the point I was making.

I will have to wait 3 days to protect myself while the one who wants to kill me can get it on demand.

The criminal who "gets it on demand" would be arrested if they are caught with it.

Plus, it's really not that easy to go grab a gun on the street. This is real life, not the movies.

that was the point I was making.

I will have to wait 3 days to protect myself while the one who wants to kill me can get it on demand.

The criminal who "gets it on demand" would be arrested if they are caught with it.

Plus, it's really not that easy to go grab a gun on the street. This is real life, not the movies.

I grew up in Yonkers NY and I have lived in the NYC area all my life.

It is even easier than the movies make it.

And yes...there is risk buying one illegal....but someone hell bent on using it likely does not care about the risk.

Don't forget the SUVs that also kill. Need to get a background check and waiting period on those when you go into the auto dealer.

:lol: Jesus you people are desperate. Guns are designed to do what? SUV's are designed to do what? Feel stupid yet?

Probably not, making a comparison between SUV's and guns already show that you are unable to experience embarrassment.

Guns are Designed to Protect the Wielder from Harm. What is your point dude. The Fact is More People are killed by Morons in Cars than Morons with Guns ever year.

Period.

Guns are designed to shoot things...What you do while holding it is not in the schematics. The point is...Suvs are designed to do something completely different. If people are going to play this game of pretending everything that can kill you is like a gun. Then first, it's a stupid comparison, second the person making the comparison is an idiot.

Right wingers want a higher level of proof and eligibility on the right to vote than to purchase assault rifles with 30 shot clips.

Right wingers want a higher level of proof and eligibility on the right to vote than to purchase assault rifles with 30 shot clips.

States do a background check when someone purchases a gun. Whats the higher proof that everyone should have an ID when they vote? I have no problem providing an ID for background checks on guns or voting.

Waiting period?

Folks on drugs, drug addicts and alcoholics should not have any access to guns. Period.

Tell that to the ones that sell illegal weapons... and therein lies your problem

Maybe if we stopped focusing on pot-smoking grandmas we would have the man power to go after illegal weapons.

Maybe if we stopped paying for personal responsibilities we would have more funds to enforce all the laws, including the ones against illegal drugs

Yeah, I'm with Tuck.

How can you scream about needing to verify voters, which is the most important right a citizen has...

And then say you don't need to have your identity verified to purchase a weapon?

It just doesn't make sense.

Now, again, I am all for every citizen having the right to own and carry firearms.

I just think there should be some reason applied to the distribution process.

States do a background check when someone purchases a gun. Whats the higher proof that everyone should have an ID when they vote? I have no problem providing an ID for background checks on guns or voting.

Most states allow private sales with no background check. Some states allow selling guns at gun shows, with no background check.

Don't forget the SUVs that also kill. Need to get a background check and waiting period on those when you go into the auto dealer.

:lol: Jesus you people are desperate. Guns are designed to do what? SUV's are designed to do what? Feel stupid yet?

Probably not, making a comparison between SUV's and guns already show that you are unable to experience embarrassment.

Guns are Designed to Protect the Wielder from Harm. What is your point dude. The Fact is More People are killed by Morons in Cars than Morons with Guns ever year.

Period.

A shield is designed to protect the wielder from harm.

A gun is designed to kill whoever it's pointed at.

should be on folks prescribed hardcore pyschotropic pharmeceutical drugs.
Folks can wait 3 days for their dope.
After all, people do not kill people. Guns and drugs do.

That's almost as long as you have to wait to neg rep the same person now......

:lmao:

Period.

A shield is designed to protect the wielder from harm.

A gun is designed to kill whoever it's pointed at.

And the Spartan shield was designed for maximum leverage and velocity to be used as an offensive weapon as well, to prevent even more harm coming to the shield bearer... and it was designed to kill

[Cause and effect. No matter how much dope he consumed, without guns it would have been much more difficult to kill and maim so many so quickly.

No matter how many firearms I lawfully consume without being fucked up on dope I don't unlawfully kill or maim.

I agree it is a most important right.. hence why it should be verified that someone is not countering your right with an illegal vote

It is an important right, hence it should not be abridged on capricious grounds.

No legal citizen with the right to vote is being prevented from voting upon verification that they are that legal citizen and who they say they are

You prove who you are to cash a check, and that is less of a right than a vote

should be on folks prescribed hardcore pyschotropic pharmeceutical drugs.
Folks can wait 3 days for their dope.
After all, people do not kill people. Guns and drugs do.

SUVs are inherently unstable and their weight causes far greating killing and maiming than economy size car of less mass.

I agree it is a most important right.. hence why it should be verified that someone is not countering your right with an illegal vote

It is an important right, hence it should not be abridged on capricious grounds.

No legal citizen with the right to vote is being prevented from voting upon verification that they are that legal citizen and who they say they are

Logic escapes them even though they've been shown it countless times. maybe they just have a propensity to cheat and mask it with lame excuses?

If I go to vote without ID, my right to vote is blocked. That is as unconstitutional as going to buy a gun and being told you can't because you're bat shit crazy.

Yet you are 100% in favour of one and not the other.

Honestly, I don't get it.

If I go to vote without ID, my right to vote is blocked. That is as unconstitutional as going to buy a gun and being told you can't because you're bat shit crazy.

Yet you are 100% in favour of one and not the other.

Honestly, I don't get it.

If I go to vote without my ID, it's my fault. If I go to buy a gun and forget my ID, it's my fault. Neither of my rights were denied.

Forum List

Back