5'2", 110lbs. Can you handle him?

Kitten, I only posted a source for you dear. I don't need a source to tell what electrocution is. Get it? I tried fruitlessly to clue you in without having to go for a source. You do understand what an electrocution is now? Is there another more trustworthy source you prefer to learn that from? Webster? Encarta? NEC?

Current travels the path of least resistance. (Check out what Ohm has to say about it)That may or may not be the skin. In the case of taser barbs, penetration depends on skin thickness. Take one in the eye, on the lips, through the skin, and the current doesn't travel along the skin. This is a difference in tasers and stun guns. The taser sends barbs to penetrate the skin.

30 milliamps is sufficient to kill. Sometimes 20. A taser has as much as 150 milliamps. 5 times the known lethal amount. How this current travels is the most vital part of the equation. A taser barbs penetrating distances apart have a much greater potential to kill. I can't find any data yet but I'll bet anyone that half or more fatalities come from this scenario. A defensive posture that puts a hand or arm from one side of the body in position to take a barb in opposite limbs. Perhaps an eye and a hand.

Tesla has nothing to do with this Kitten but sure, I built a Tesla coil for the eigth grade sience fair. I still have it and it still works.

Wordplay is for those who have nothing but book knowledge and have no real experience in the real world.

As for your contention of what can kill you, anything can kill you, bumping your head has almost a 20% chance of killing you, while 150 milliamps have maybe a 5% chance.

Kitten, I only posted a source for you dear. I don't need a source to tell what electrocution is. Get it? I tried fruitlessly to clue you in without having to go for a source. You do understand what an electrocution is now? Is there another more trustworthy source you prefer to learn that from? Webster? Encarta? NEC?

Current travels the path of least resistance. (Check out what Ohm has to say about it)That may or may not be the skin. In the case of taser barbs, penetration depends on skin thickness. Take one in the eye, on the lips, through the skin, and the current doesn't travel along the skin. This is a difference in tasers and stun guns. The taser sends barbs to penetrate the skin.

30 milliamps is sufficient to kill. Sometimes 20. A taser has as much as 150 milliamps. 5 times the known lethal amount. How this current travels is the most vital part of the equation. A taser barbs penetrating distances apart have a much greater potential to kill. I can't find any data yet but I'll bet anyone that half or more fatalities come from this scenario. A defensive posture that puts a hand or arm from one side of the body in position to take a barb in opposite limbs. Perhaps an eye and a hand.

Tesla has nothing to do with this Kitten but sure, I built a Tesla coil for the eigth grade sience fair. I still have it and it still works.

Wordplay is for those who have nothing but book knowledge and have no real experience in the real world.

As for your contention of what can kill you, anything can kill you, bumping your head has almost a 20% chance of killing you, while 150 milliamps have maybe a 5% chance.

No dear, words are for knowing what you mean when you say it. It's important to know if you shocked someone or electrocuted them. Poeple in the real world need to know the difference.

Books are fine but I spent a lot of years hands on, working my way through the ranks. I ddin't just jump out of school. I did my share on the ground.

Why are you folks so hell bent on not learning anything?

No dear, words are for knowing what you mean when you say it. It's important to know if you shocked someone or electrocuted them. Poeple in the real world need to know the difference.

Books are fine but I spent a lot of years hands on, working my way through the ranks. I ddin't just jump out of school. I did my share on the ground.

You can know what you are doing without knowing what it's called, and I would trust an illiterate person who has actually worked their whole life with something long before someone who just read about it.

The word shocked also means many things, and is often used as slang, while electrocution is only associated with electricity ... so yeah ... nitpick all you want people don't care. But here's the real shit, you are just fearmongering as a way to paint cops as bad. If it was truly as deadly as you seem to portray then more people would be dead today. I have had electricity coursing through and along my body many many times, and still live, often with ten to a hundred times the amperage of tasers. I know many who have, an old military electrical engineer (who taught me about technology when I was but 8 years old) has been "shocked" more times than I have. Cops in Seattle are tasered as part of their training, yet none of them died from it, not once. Many other cities do as well now. Taser is still the safest way to subdue a criminal, period. More people die of brain hemorrhaging every year from just bumps on the head than are killed by tasers, and a bump on the head is easy to cause.

You have got to be kidding me.

I can bend conduit. I don't have to though. So no, I am not very good at it. If I had to do it everyday, sure, I would be good at it.

Are you 12?

cannot! I wish

:razz:

If you were 12 and I was 12, I would throw a dirt clod at you about now. And you would cry. To your mama.

C:\__A\BOLANDER\LITIGATION\Summary Judgment\Sworn statements\Waxman\Notice of filing corrected 1-30-2009 SWORN STATEMENT OF men

The above link points to a case, you'll have to read through a bit, where as I suspected, a suspect was killed by a taser strike that passed between far points on his body. Rather than the current traveling between two points a couple inches apart, it traveled across his body, resulting in his death. I am still betting this is the leading cause of taser death. Not hearts or pacemakers, but the inherent lethal nature of the device.

You can know what you are doing without knowing what it's called, and I would trust an illiterate person who has actually worked their whole life with something long before someone who just read about it.

The word shocked also means many things, and is often used as slang, while electrocution is only associated with electricity ... so yeah ... nitpick all you want people don't care. But here's the real shit, you are just fearmongering as a way to paint cops as bad. If it was truly as deadly as you seem to portray then more people would be dead today. I have had electricity coursing through and along my body many many times, and still live, often with ten to a hundred times the amperage of tasers. I know many who have, an old military electrical engineer (who taught me about technology when I was but 8 years old) has been "shocked" more times than I have. Cops in Seattle are tasered as part of their training, yet none of them died from it, not once. Many other cities do as well now. Taser is still the safest way to subdue a criminal, period. More people die of brain hemorrhaging every year from just bumps on the head than are killed by tasers, and a bump on the head is easy to cause.

Kitten, you just don't know when to quit. You don't know jack about electrical issues in books or in practie. All you can present is that you have been "electrocuted" by a few light sockets. That doesn't qualify you sweetie. That just means you don't have enough sense to keep your fingers out of a light socket.

I can bend conduit. I don't have to though. So no, I am not very good at it. If I had to do it everyday, sure, I would be good at it.

Are you 12?

cannot! I wish

If you were 12 and I was 12, I would throw a dirt clod at you about now. And you would cry. To your mama.

C:\__A\BOLANDER\LITIGATION\Summary Judgment\Sworn statements\Waxman\Notice of filing corrected 1-30-2009 SWORN STATEMENT OF men

The above link points to a case, you'll have to read through a bit, where as I suspected, a suspect was killed by a taser strike that passed between far points on his body. Rather than the current traveling between two points a couple inches apart, it traveled across his body, resulting in his death. I am still betting this is the leading cause of taser death. Not hearts or pacemakers, but the inherent lethal nature of the device.

That's not science ... not by a long shot. Try again.

Are you 12?

cannot! I wish

so how, who, what, and where,and of course why, were these tazers approved for use on man???

Does anyone have any credible stats on taser death rates?
Very small, but growing so probably in your acceptable range. Regardless, cops are trained to avoid harming innocent people. If they used a potato cannon to kill him that would be even a smaller statistic. :cuckoo:

i think the presumption of innocence from the cops' POV goes away when he flees the car and hides in an abandoned house.

call me crazy

Very small, but growing so probably in your acceptable range. Regardless, cops are trained to avoid harming innocent people. If they used a potato cannon to kill him that would be even a smaller statistic. :cuckoo:

i think the presumption of innocence from the cops' POV goes away when he flees the car and hides in an abandoned house.

call me crazy

I have not once seen an innocent person run from the cops ...

call me crazy

And I think a scared 16 yo boy's first instinct might be to run, call me crazy.

call me crazy

Bad parent either way you look at it ... if the kid was taught right he wouldn't have run, if innocent you know the cops are there to help, so you go to them.

A learning disabled kid may very well present as a drug addict . . . but he wasn't. He wasn't armed, he wasn't big and he was learning disabled. Since the kid had no weapon you mean to tell me they couldn't have gotten a pair of cuffs on him without using a taser? If two cops cannot handle a kid this size then maybe they should be on desk duty.

Did you read a different article? The one linked in the OP doesn't mention whether he was armed or not.

He had no criminal record, was learning disabled and was petrified . . . so he ran. If the kid had been armed that info would have been in the article.

call me crazy

Bad parent either way you look at it ... if the kid was taught right he wouldn't have run, if innocent you know the cops are there to help, so you go to them.

Bad parenting? WTF?

I had excellent parents but I ran from the cops dozens of times when I was a teenager.

It was part of being a kid.

cannot! I wish

so how, who, what, and where,and of course why, were these tazers approved for use on man???

Who knows. Maybe we can revisit the accepted use of mathamphetamine in the US many years ago for answers.

We've been known to swallow all kinds of crap becuase someone wanted to make a buck.

call me crazy

Please, for the love of God, never procreate KK. :eusa_pray:

Bad parenting? WTF?

I had excellent parents but I ran from the cops dozens of times when I was a teenager.

It was part of being a kid.

Look back, why did you run from the cops?

Forum List

Back